• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Have Played:
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultrosalina::ultbowserjr::ultdaisy::ultyoshi::ultwario:
:ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool:(Thanks, Mario Super Sluggers!)
:ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultsheik::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink:
:ultsamus::ultridley::ultzss:(Only if Justin Bailey counts)
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight:
:ultmarth::ultroy::ultike::ultchrom::ultrobin:ultlucina::ultcorrin:(Heroes helped with Ike and Roy)
:ultpikachu::ultpokemontrainer::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::ultpichu::ultlucario::ultgreninja:
:ultpit::ultpalutena::ultdarkpit:
:ulticeclimbers::ultlittlemac::ultvillager::ultshulk::ultolimar::ultness::ultmiifighters:
:ultrob: (Thanks, Mario Kart DS)
:ultgnw: (Thanks, random DKC Returns cameo)
:ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultryu::ultsimon:

Haven't Played:
:ultdoc::ultdarksamus::ultlucas::ultduckhunt::ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultwiifittrainer::ultinkling::ultsnake::ultcloud::ultrichter::ultbayonetta::ultfalcon:

StormC

Smash Hero
Can someone post the template for roster bingo?

EDIT: nvm lol

Last edited:

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
I will say one issue that I have with Ultimate's promotion so far. No new challenger artwork. I'm really bummed about it. I mean, look at these:
illust-modal (1).jpg
424px-Wii_Fit_Trainer_Poster.jpg

f12.jpg
5e9b528ef9479f6dab69e4327a874238.jpg
9345f3dd67e7ef2e0b579f2e8285fbeb.jpg

d75c935acf7898e2f9357677bb85ee9b.jpg

SSB4_Rosalina_Key_Art.jpg

Each one brought something new and special. It gave each of the newcomers more personality than ever before. Talented artists from all over gaming contributed art of their characters to the game. Freaking Tetsuya Nomura contributed art to a SMASH BROS. game. I would never have thought that would happen in a million years. It's a real shame to see them not do it again, besides Inkling of course.

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
Fire emblem sounds like a frustrating experience, and a very slow one, definitely not my type of game.

Does it still count if I played it but never unlocked him? I was literally 5 at the time and terrible so
Understandable... Maybe try the Valkyria Chronicles 4 demo to dip your toes in the water. It looks very different, but at its core it's a similar experience.

Also, if characters appearing as cameos/guest in other games count I'm only missing 2 (:ultwiifittrainer::ultlucas:) because of Heroes and Mario Kart. Although I never saw Corrin in Heroes, just played Heroes, so maybe only 2 if we get technical

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I will say one issue that I have with Ultimate's promotion so far. No new challenger artwork. I'm really bummed about it. I mean, look at these:View attachment 160815View attachment 160816
View attachment 160812View attachment 160811View attachment 160810
View attachment 160809
View attachment 160808

Each one brought something new and special. It gave each of the newcomers more personality than ever before. Talented artists from all over gaming contributed art of their characters to the game. Freaking Tetsuya Nomura contributed art to a SMASH BROS. game. I would never have thought that would happen in a million years. It's a real shame to see them not do it again, besides Inkling of course.
Completely forgot about it but damn Bowser Jr's is lame as hell

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I’ll go

Have played:
:ultbayonetta::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultcorrin::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultdoc::ultduckhunt::ultfalco::ultfox::ultganondorf::ultgreninja::ulticeclimbers::ultike::ultjigglypuff::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultkirby::ultlink::ultlittlemac::ultlucario::ultluigi::ultmario::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultmegaman::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultmiifighters::ultness::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpokemontrainer::ultridley::ultrobin:ultrosalina::ultchrom::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultsheik::ultsonic::ulttoonlink::ultvillager::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultwolf::ultyoshi::ultyounglink::ultzelda::ultzss:

Haven’t played:
:ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultlucas::ultryu::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultshulk:

Don’t play too much stuff that isn’t Nintendo tbh

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'd play that game with the characters in games you've played but, uh, I've played them all. Like, literally all of them. So. It'd be pointless.

Also, yeah, I own Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. In other words, I'm a ****ing millionaire *******!!

D

Deleted member

Sugar, spice, and everything fake
These were the ingredients chosen
To create the perfect little leaks
But Professor 4chan accidentally
Added an extra ingredients to the concoction--
Chemical WTF
Thus, The Powerpuff Girls were born
Using their ultra-super powers
Steenee, Gothitelle and Agnès
Have dedicated their lives to fighting speculation
And the forces of Smashboards.

View attachment 160802
The real "WTF" about Agnes was how no one could come to a consensus on who she was supposed to be at first. :V

Agnes herself is far less "WTF" than the two random Pokémon.

Last edited by a moderator:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Understandable... Maybe try the Valkyria Chronicles 4 demo to dip your toes in the water. It looks very different, but at its core it's a similar experience.

Also, if characters appearing as cameos/guest in other games count I'm only missing 2 (:ultwiifittrainer::ultlucas:) because of Heroes and Mario Kart. Although I never saw Corrin in Heroes, just played Heroes, so maybe only 2 if we get technical
I'll have to check it out, and I forgot about heroes, I actually played that for like maybe an hour and got Lucina, I'm counting that idc.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I was about to play the game when I realized "oh, the only games I haven't played are the retro picks."

So that'd be pretty boring.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm gonna take two guesses:

1. You like one version of Fates but not the other
2. You like Warriors but not Fates
It's the former.

I played Conquest to death. Even did a Hard Mode / Classic ironman (no resetting) of it. But Revelations was clearly rushed and I honestly don't even know what they were thinking when designing some of those maps.

And even with Conquest I have a love-hate relationship with it. How I feel about that game is really complicated.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I will say one issue that I have with Ultimate's promotion so far. No new challenger artwork. I'm really bummed about it. I mean, look at these:View attachment 160815View attachment 160816
View attachment 160812View attachment 160811View attachment 160810
View attachment 160809
View attachment 160808

We did KINDA get one so far, from the Splatoon Artist.

But yeah, more would be nice.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
If you count Mario Kart DS and Kingdom Hearts, then TECHNICALLY I've played R.O.B. and Cloud's games, lol.

Also Shulk if you could Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

smashcross.jpg

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'd play that game with the characters in games you've played but, uh, I've played them all. Like, literally all of them. So. It'd be pointless.

Also, yeah, I own Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. In other words, I'm a ****ing millionaire *******!!
In the grand scheme of things, those aren't even all that expensive or rare. The prices got inflated after more copies of Awakening sold than were ever produced for either of the Radiant games.

Try getting Panzer Dragoon Saga or Rule of Rose or an actual copy of Earthbound that isn't just a repro.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Here it is.

1535686699988.png

Never played a Game & Watch game unless you count Octopus Dance from Nintendo Land.
I've played Super Metroid, but never a Metroid Prime title.
The only Fire Emblem I've played was Awakening, and that was only on a friend's 3DS.
I've played the original Kid Icarus but not Uprising.
I haven't played Gyromite, Stack Up, or even Mario Kart DS.
Lastly, I've only played Castlevania 1, 3, and Super Castlevania IV.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Smash Ultimate bingo.png

Some notes:

-I've played like 20 minutes of FE Awakening so I didn't count it but I got through about 2 hours of POR so I counted Ike
-Ditto Olimar, played Pikmin 2 for maybe 45 minutes (let's say an hour is my cutoff)
-Didn't beat Punch-Out NES but did around 10 matches or so
-Only now am I playing Super Castlevania IV (about halfway through) and I haven't played Rondo but I beat SOTN which has Richter in the prologue
-As far as I know I've never played a game with R.O.B. in a non-cameo role (I didn't even play as him in Mario Kart DS)
-Only Metroid game I've played to completion is Super, I never got to the Zero Suit part of Zero Mission and the only Prime I've played is 1

I expected to mark off more, honestly. I have Bayonetta 1/2, Splatoon, and Xenoblade Chronicles sitting there collecting dust.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
As a graphic designer and artist i gotta say… this looks like a WIP of a smashified… too bad """"leaker""""" was impatient to finish it lol
1535684472622.jpg

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I've played twilight princess

That's Breath of the Wild Link, Ocarina/Majora Link, Toon Link, Ocarina Ganondorf, and Zelda from I don't remember

So I haven't really played the games of any of them
Eh, I'd still count it in that case, it's still Link, Zelda and Ganondorf, the version is different but the character is ultimately the same.

Last edited:

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace

Wouldn't be too upset. I like Ness better, can just use Simon, and I didn't like playing as WFT, Shulk, or Bayonetta anyway.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Speaking of artwork, people have made newcomer mock up for icons, stocks, roster slots, and bios.

But surprisingly, no one has made newcomer art in the style of the Ultimate banner poster.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I've never played Roy's and Lucas's games (damn Japan exclusives) and I haven't played with an actual R.O.B. I have played Fire Emblem Heroes and Mario Kart DS if you want to count that (though I never did unlock R.O.B. In Mario Kart :( ) That's about it.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Speaking of artwork, people have made newcomer mock up for icons, stocks, roster slots, and bios.

But surprisingly, no one has made newcomer art in the style of the Ultimate banner poster.
Too much effort required, most likely.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Image broke, Mods can delete this.

Last edited:

Booper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
Played:
:ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultdoc::ultduckhunt::ultfalco::ultfox::ultganondorf::ultgreninja::ultike::ultinkling::ultjigglypuff::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultkirby::ultlink::ultlittlemac::ultlucario::ultluigi::ultmario::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultmegaman::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultmiifighters::ultgnw::ultness::ultpacman::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultridley::ultrobin:ultchrom::ultryu::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultsheik::ultshulk::ultsimon::ultsonic::ulttoonlink::ultvillager::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultwolf::ultyoshi::ultyounglink::ultzelda::ultzss:
Haven't played:
:ultbayonetta::ultfalcon::ulticeclimbers::ultlucas::ultolimar::ultrob::ultrosalina::ultroy::ultrichter::ultsnake:

Was going to do the liked/didn't like bit but I realized that I liked at least one of the games that I played with each character with maybe an exception or two so not much point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom