• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
1535603645815.png

Overlaying Mysterious Heroine on top of Agnes' official artwork really pushes me into thinking it's supposed to be her.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
So I put the leaked characters into the css and assuming all the original 12 stay at the top it's a perfect fit....
Leaked Roster.png

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
View attachment 160526

Overlaying Mysterious Heroine on top of Agnes' official artwork really pushes me into thinking it's supposed to be her.
I find this difficult to argue with. Even if its fake I think it's meant to be Agnes, the dude wouldn't have made a hypothetical update of some other char when its so obscured you can't even tell

Shroob

Sup?
So the question now is:

This leak, if it's real, more or less confirms Vergeben as legitimate...

So where's the Gen7 Pokemon?

I find it HARD to believe that Vergeben's sources would know about a 2nd Square Rep yet get "Gen 7 Pokemon" wrong.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
It's definitely supposed to be Agnes, imo.

But it also looks absolutely nothing like her actual 3D design.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Honestly if Agnes was in after Sakurai's comments about Geno, the Mii costume, etc, adding 2 of the long standing fan requests, etc.

Lol, he'd have a lot of explaining to do.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
So the question now is:

This leak, if it's real, more or less confirms Vergeben as legitimate...

So where's the Gen7 Pokemon?

I find it HARD to believe that Vergeben's sources would know about a 2nd Square Rep yet get "Gen 7 Pokemon" wrong.
The question mark, the fact that the Gen 7 pokemon is still the only one left coincides with what the leak and Vergeben are saying

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Agnes definitely looks like the game's other human models. Either a style with animesque humans or dude trying to emulate how the swordies look.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Honestly if Agnes was in after Sakurai's comments about Geno, the Mii costume, etc, adding 2 of the long standing fan requests, etc.

Not really. Square ultimately decides Geno's fate as a playable character. Geno never should have been considered a certainty.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord

I would firmly plant my suspicion not on Sakurai but on Square "you get couple songs and you'll be happy with them" Enix. If they're known to play hard ball it's possible they played hardball on who he could use. It's been a point brought up over and over again that Square possibly wouldn't give a **** about Geno, and would rather want to promote another series.

Shroob

Sup?
The question mark, the fact that the Gen 7 pokemon is still the only one left coincides with what the leak and Vergeben are saying
But how and why would this person have access to images of Agnes, someone that's apparently very hush-hush, but not the Pokemon newcomer?

Unless TPC is being super-duper dictatorish about their representative this time, I find it hard to believe that Agnes would be a worse kept secret than friggen Incineroar.

Dandelionel

Smash Apprentice
I’m surprised that it’s Agnes since Tiz and Edea are playable in both games.
What if they are alts along Ringabel? In Bravely Default everyone could do the same as everyone else. Maybe we have a Bowser Jr. case in our hands...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
What if they are alts along Ringabel? In Bravely Default everyone could do the same as everyone else. Maybe we have a Bowser Jr. case in our hands...
That was my idea too. I’d definitely be down for that.

Honestly if we got a Bravely Default character over Geno I’d be ok with that.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
But how and why would this person have access to images of Agnes, someone that's apparently very hush-hush, but not the Pokemon newcomer?

Unless TPC is being super-duper dictatorish about their representative this time, I find it hard to believe that Agnes would be a worse kept secret than friggen Incineroar.
Fact is its a leak, a 4chan leak, the person only gave us tiny ass frames of their faces and let everybody squirm, its entirely possible, if real, that they're ****ing with us by not showing the pokemon.

Maybe that's bad reasoning but it ain't impossible

Shroob

Sup?
I just don't understand.

This leak is literally "Loz18 and Vergeben are correct, the leak" yet you don't show the Pokemon character?

You have access to these characters which line up 1:1 with Vergeben and Loz18, yet you don't show the Pokemon which, iirc, both agreed on?

I just feel like the person who made this didn't feel confident in making something as monstrous in design as Incineroar.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I honestly believe this to be fake.

But who knows.

I just have a weird feeling about the randomness of Agnes/Bravely Default instead of Geno.

There's no reason for them to say no at this point to him. They said yes to the Mii costume when they could've easily said no there.

It just doesn't add up logically in my head.

Dandelionel

Smash Apprentice
I just don't understand.

This leak is literally "Loz18 and Vergeben are correct, the leak" yet you don't show the Pokemon character?

You have access to these characters which line up 1:1 with Vergeben and Loz18, yet you don't show the Pokemon which, iirc, both agreed on?

I just feel like the person who made this didn't feel confident in making something as monstrous in design as Incineroar.
I mean maybe they were wrong on that part. No new Pokémon character feels really weird but they bring back Pichu, Ivysaur, and Squirtle so maybe we won't have a new Pokémon rep.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nah, I have Youtube and virtual YouTubers now, and I have no idea what I'm doing on bilibili anyway...

Although now that I think of it: people upload videos with Niconico comments all the time to Youtube, so if you have some idea of where the Rex comments were I'll try to find them. edit: wait they're all of the live comments, nevermind
They were all pretty much the live ones, yeah. Outside of Rex & Pyra and another Kirby rep, I don't see much that stands out, other than some people saying Genesect or Shimakaze from KanColle, to which, I'd rather have Goku than a shipgirl, at that rate.

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
When I think about it maybe the Bravely Default team did put there hand up due to there relation with Nintendo fans as Square Enix's "Switch team". They did make Octopath recently.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean maybe they were wrong on that part. No new Pokémon character feels really weird but they bring back Pichu, Ivysaur, Squirtle and Charizard so maybe we won't have a new Pokémon rep.
All 3 of Vergeben's sources agreed on there being a new Pokemon, and somehow they'd know about a 2nd Square character, but get Pokemon wrong?

Something just doesn't add up.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I just don't understand.

To be completely fair, Verg only said it wouldn't be Decidueye, Lycanroc, or Mimikyu.
Though he and his sources seem to be hinting heavily at Incineroar, I don't think he's outright said it.
That could be where the question marks come from, whoever this leaker is doesn't know either.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I find it hilarious now that the best, least amount of **** hitting the fan scenario, is a new poke rep NOT getting in, for the sake of two 3rd Parties.

How the turn tables

Shroob

Sup?
To be completely fair, Verg only said it wouldn't be Decidueye, Lycanroc, or Mimikyu.
Though he and his sources seem to be hinting heavily at Incineroar, I don't think he's outright said it.
That could be where the question marks come from, whoever this leaker is doesn't know either.
If he has access to these images, he'd most likely know which Pokemon got in.

Considering both Isabelle and Skull Kid look like pictures taken right off the friggen CSS itself, how would he NOT know which Pokemon was in?

Noipoi

Howdy!
September Direct can't come soon enough.
If this leak somehow survives the rest of today, it might just take a September direct to shut it down.
Or confirm it, but that'd mean no Geno so let's not think about that.
If he has access to these images, he'd most likely know which Pokemon got in.

Considering both Isabelle and Skull Kid look like pictures taken right off the friggen CSS itself, how would he NOT know which Pokemon was in?
You've got me there, this is really weird.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
If this leak somehow survives the rest of today, it might just take a September direct to shut it down.

You've got me there, this is really weird.
If confirm either we're getting Geno and no Pokemon with a mystery brown haired girl, or Pokemon and no Geno with Agnes.

Truly a catch 22

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm not a Geno supporter but oh man I'd feel bad for them. Agnes would be the new Corrin/Bayonetta black hole of salt.

These renders legitimately do look like crap though. Like in a way the Smash 4 ones didn't. Lots of little details that look wrong that shouldn't be in an official product; Shadow looks awful.

But whatever. We'll know the truth soon, hopefully.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Also, if true, I just wanna express my condolences to you Dixie and Impa fans. You got done dirty. Here's hoping for Super Smash Bros Ultra Edition

Shroob

Sup?
Until further evidence, I'm calling fake on this.

The logic behind it makes no sense when you factor in Vergeben.

Somehow his sources are correct about there being a 2nd Square Enix character, yet they all 3 get Pokemon wrong, despite literally everything else they say lining up?

If the person taking these 'pictures' had access to Agnes of all characters, they would most assuredly have access to the Gen7 rep as well, there wouldn't be a ?. It doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom