• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
God, imagine if someone gets revealed in the next direct using the render on this 'leak'...

We're going to have three straight months of:

"IT'S AYUMI!"

"NO IT'S AGNES"

Let the waifu wars commence.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People on /v/ have said that Nintendo has been getting the image pulled down

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
God, imagine if someone gets revealed in the next direct using the render on this 'leak'...

We're going to have three straight months of:

"IT'S AYUMI!"

"NO IT'S AGNES"

Let the waifu wars commence.
Honestly id rather argue about that than real with another 3 months of annoying fake leaks. At least we'd know mostly everything (save for 1 or 2 characters I guess based on that question mark)

LazyJazy

Smash Rookie
To add more fuel to this fire, they just edited everything in Photoshop everything.

Last edited:

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Seems like illustrations to me. I need something more solid than that. Also the background flat colors doesn't make sense, where we saw the rest of the roster with that backgrounds, a random color?

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
Literally ANY niconico video related to Smash Ultimate will no doubt have "レックスお願い" (Rex please) in the comments, en masse, even.
Um, this isn't true. At all. Most people online already realize he's DLC at best, so there's not many comments about Rex. Certainly not ''en masse"

Shroob

Sup?
Seems like illustrations to me. I need something more solid than that. Also the background flat colors doesn't make sense, where we saw the rest of the roster with that backgrounds, a random color?
Stock icons. Aka the image next to your percentage has a flat background color behind your character render.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Ken is the one that gives me the hardest time with it. You showed me that with no context I'd never think it was supposed to be a Smash version of Ken

Pacman High Tier

Smash Cadet
NNID
judetheloon
Switch FC
SW-4116-2252-3537
To add more fuel to this fire, they just edited everything in Photoshop everything.
This confuses me. What do you mean by this? did they take the shadow render and use it on the leak? Also, not relevant but why is Mega Man's leg so large?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This confuses me. What do you mean by this? did they take the shadow render and use it on the leak? Also, not relevant but why is Mega Man's leg so large?
I guess you could call him Lega Man.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
The issue with this is that no one has disproven it yet despite everyone attempting to
The color corrected images look actually very good

Like Idk what to think rn. The situation surrounding this for sure reminds me of the esrb leak era

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The issue with this is that no one has disproven it yet despite everyone attempting to

Like Idk what to think rn. The situation surrounding this for sure reminds me of the esrb leak era
There are color corrected versions?

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Well from what I can tell it's not exactly 1:1, the red marking on his head goes further down towards his eyes than the comic cover, and it doesn't seem like his left ear is visible.
Then again, it is late and the image is tiny and cropped so I could be very wrong.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Ken is the one that gives me the hardest time with it. You showed me that with no context I'd never think it was supposed to be a Smash version of Ken
Except it actually looks very similar to Ryu's 3d render for this game. They actually have the same "artstyle", fake or real.

Shroob

Sup?
Except it actually looks very similar to Ryu's 3d render for this game. They actually have the same "artstyle", fake or real.
Yeah, I legit thought it was just an edited Ryu face.

For how 'weird' people say Ken looks, his artstyle is the exact same as Ryu's, for better or for worse.

D

Deleted member

Um, this isn't true. At all. Most people online already realize he's DLC at best, so there's not many comments about Rex. Certainly not ''en masse"
Please re-read what I said, I said nicovideo comments and this was in regards to who Japan wants for characters. With the amount of strictly-dedicated character request comments I've seen on that site, no matter what I can't get away from Rex. Japanese entertainment is a bit of a forte of mine, and frequenting the site for 5+ years now, you see a lot of stuff, but no doubt Rex & Pyra are en masse over in Japan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?

So where are these color corrected versions?

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
I didn't know I wanted Ayumi Tachibana so badly in Smash until I saw that fake leak. Good work breaking it, fake leaker!

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
For what it's worth I really don't think that's supposed to be Ayumi judging souly on how Sakurai's depicted her int he past

Or just how she's depicted in general

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Yeah, I legit thought it was just an edited Ryu face.

For how 'weird' people say Ken looks, his artstyle is the exact same as Ryu's, for better or for worse.
Same, but more I look it, the less it looks "shopped" and more looks like just a similar art style. Either way, if it's real, awesome, if it's fake, amazing job by this "leaker"

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
when was the last time we saw her tho? Melee right?
shed probs get a redesign to update her look
Yeah but.... it's just the hair for me.

Call me an idiot for arguing it with such little visuals on her but she doesn't look like Ayumi to me when I go and look at depictions of her from other stuff.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
_1.jpg

I corrected the crooked eyes and the weird perspective on the mouth.

This isn't meant to prove anything other than I think the face is super wonky, lol.

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
I mean, it could be both Ayumi and Agnes, but I'd say Ditto and Sukapon point to Sakurai going back to his Melee notes, where he clearly wrote AYUMI TACHIBANA 4 SMASH¡¡

And as someone said, she would be the WTF character, the "who the **** is Heather?" character and the retro character all in one. Wii Fit Trainer, Marth/Roy (back in Melee) and Duck Hunt combined in a student girl who solves murders. Awesome.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, Ayunes is one of the most bizarre things that'll go down in Smash leak culture history.

"When a character looks soo generic in the face you have ZERO idea who they are."

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
Please re-read what I said, I said nicovideo comments and this was in regards to who Japan wants for characters. For someone who's been frequenting the site for 5+ years now and with the amount of strictly-dedicated character request comments I've seen on that site, no matter what I can't get away from Rex.
As someone who's been on Nicovideo for 10+ years, you better show proof.

edit: this might be tough to do for the videos with high comments, I realize.

Last edited:

Sephazon

月に代わって、お仕置きよ !
Writing Team
NNID
Sephazon
For what it's worth I really don't think that's supposed to be Ayumi judging souly on how Sakurai's depicted her int he past

Or just how she's depicted in general
Ayumi for Ultimate or bust.

I didn't know I wanted Ayumi Tachibana so badly in Smash until I saw that fake leak. Good work breaking it, fake leaker!
Be sure to join the Ayumi support page if you haven’t yet!

30BEEF54-5A36-4085-BAED-E7762D5A6210.jpeg

Shroob

Sup?
So all Japanese women look the same now, huh?
Okay Smashboards...
I mean, the fact that no one can tell Ayumi from Agnes due to "Generic anime face and hair", yeah, the face is as 'generic female anime' as you can get.

We have zero idea who this is supposed to be since "It's an anime-looking girl" is really all we have to go off of.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
View attachment 160521

I corrected the crooked eyes and the weird perspective on the mouth.

This isn't meant to prove anything other than I think the face is super wonky, lol.
Personally, I think it looks wonky because of the angle at which the picture was taken (things look longer and even bent from an angle if it's on a screen). I'd say the same thing about Shadow's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom