• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andres22

Smash Cadet
Why do you guys believe in the most obvious of fakes? First the riddle leaks, then the Gardevoir leak, and now stupid **** like this.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Why do you guys believe in the most obvious of fakes? First the riddle leaks, then the Gardevoir leak, and now stupid **** like this.
I think everyone is just hungry for more info, I understand it, even if I disagree

RandomAce

Smash Champion
People are just bored at this point.

I mean, even after the direct I still didn’t get any of my most wanted, so I’ve been waiting for 6 months now.

But yeah, with 3 months to spare, and some information left in the dust, we’re just anxious for new info.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don't think most people in this thread actually believe most leaks, but a lot of us are willing to humor ones that have something going for them.

I personally don't buy it.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This might shock you...

But we can talk about things... without believing them.

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
It's not that we believe them, it's just that we have nothing else to talk about.

Trust me, as you spend more time here you'll come to understand.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well, we'll keep an eye on this one and see what happens.

If it's a fake then you gotta admire the effort, if true then we gotta wonder if that's all of them. Like how you gotta appreciate the luck on that Richter/Gardevoir/Gothitelle leak.

Ayumi as the retro and the Japan rep would be the perfect Sakurai thing. (RIP Ashley)

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
The ONLY thing to me that I can see being in this leaks favor (for now) is the Isaac picture. The person in the pic clearly is Isaac, as even the hair is shaped the correct way, but the color is off. Isaac is known for his blonde hair, so why make him have brown? I feel like that might be way beyond a leakers perception to randomly make Isaac a different color for no reason, UNLESS its was an alternate costume.

Isaac does look modernized surprisingly, whether or not you like the way he looks here though is up to you. We clearly can't see the rest of his hair so I can see why he might not look it.

Last edited:

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Here's the thing though, we're still discussing it given there hasn't been anything found so far that disconfirms it, so it's still ripe for conversation. If there is, then that's that.
Like many other people said, it doesn't mean the mere mention of it makes it that we believe in it.

hposter

Smash Apprentice
I knew for a fact it wasn't Kid Buu, fwiw. There was waaay too much pink.

isabelle and the chorus kids' eyes look a bit derpy and isaac's hair color is a bit too dark, i'm not buying it
though i will give credit where it's due because that ken looks really good

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
The ONLY thing to me that I can see being in this leaks favor (for now) is the Isaac picture. The person in the pic clearly is Isaac, as even the hair is shaped the correct way, but the color is OFF. Isaac is KNOWN for his blonde hair, so why make him have brown? I feel like that might be way beyond a leakers perception to randomly make Isaac a different color for no reason, UNLESS its was an alternate costume.

Isaac does look modernized surprisingly, whether or not you like the way he looks here though is up to you. We clearly can't see the rest of his hair so I can see why he might not look it.
Darker blonde with bad camera work, perhaps.

Chrono.

Leaks within the industry happen pretty often.

Whether they get out to the general public is another matter entirely.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
The ONLY thing to me that I can see being in this leaks favor (for now) is the Isaac picture. The person in the pic clearly is Isaac, as even the hair is shaped the correct way, but the color is off. Isaac is known for his blonde hair, so why make him have brown? I feel like that might be way beyond a leakers perception to randomly make Isaac a different color for no reason, UNLESS its was an alternate costume.

You can also see his yellow scarf too.

But, surprisingly Isaac’s face on that render is basically what made me click that it was supposed to him, it’s just that he has brown hair (I guess no more Blonde Swordsman? :troll:) it’s the one that looks the most cleanest and realistic in terms of quality when you compare it to the others.

It stands out from all the other fake pictures.

CHAMPIONX9

Smash Journeyman
Completely writing Vergeben off, despite the fact he's made multiple impossible to predict claims that have mostly come true, is dumb.
No it's not.
Remember that any leaker, no matter how reliable, can be smoked out by fake info fed to them from on high at any time.
And this is why.

If and when he is wrong about Smash, don't burn him at the cross.
It's funny since "Vergeben" translates to "forgive" from german.
At that point the mistake would be relying on leaks. Since no one trusts Vergeben, but his "source", which is not transparent.
Coupled with the fact that his current track record is not different from his past.
If you are serious about finding out who's in ultimate you wouldn't lean on this because you can not build a logical foundation. You are limited to speaking hypothetically... "if what vergeben said was true..." You can't project into the future. So the leak is useless. It's only useful in hindsight, when the leak is proven true or false. And false is usually the case. But I don't care about hindsight or "timelines where Vergeben is correct" I want to be able logically deduce from given information what will be next. Speculation is better this way. Getting leaks and proving them wrong is inefficient since new fake leaks are generated at an amazingly fast rate.

Missing alts for Ike and Samus are straight forward example of what characters could be logically deduced from given information. (Dark Samus and Chrom). We are provided a large amount of information from reliable sources such as Nintendo itself, source gaming, and Sakurai's famitsu column.
If the energy spent into analyzing leaks was spent making connections between such information then we'd have 90% of the roster by now. Heck that deduction could easily be the true source of some of these accurate "leaks". In fact, that might be the reason why artificially generated rumors "leaks" tend to follow discussion trends. (Not saying that's 100% the case for Vergeben, since people will argue his predictions are somewhat contrarian, but it's still possible to make accurate predictions on one's own, seperate from trends. For instance, the discussion would reject the idea of minecraft, but if you observe Sakurai playing minecraft you could make that prediction and pass it off as a leak. Hence the vagueness in Vergebens [translates to in vain, without success] statements.)

MalcolmBelmont

Smash Journeyman
Actually thinking about it - Agnes could have a really unique fighting style if they incorporate Class Change into her moveset

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Actually thinking about it - Agnes could have a really unique fighting style if they incorporate Class Change into her moveset
That's what I've been saying since the Smash 4 speculation days.

Imagine it, changing into a different costume and summoning different weapons for each move. It'd represent BD/FF so much!

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Darker blonde with bad camera work, perhaps.
That too. Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I'm torn over it. Every portrait actually looks like a similar 3d render (if you accept that lighting may affect each image, aka Ken's picture), but more importantly, they all look different, similarly to how the actual character renders look for Ultimate to begin with (you can't draw Mario like you draw Lucina if you catch my drift).

So if the leaker is faking this, they did an extraordinary job not only to make it feel like all the art came from one person, but also different because they all exist in different games. Just something about this man....

MalcolmBelmont

Smash Journeyman
That's what I've been saying since the Smash 4 speculation days.

Imagine it, changing into a different costume and summoning different weapons for each move. It'd represent BD/FF so much!
Yeah, this issue is that if she gets in and Geno and Sora don't. I mean i get it but in would be disappointed. Also no Incineroar

osby

Smash Obsessed
Well, we'll keep an eye on this one and see what happens.

If it's a fake then you gotta admire the effort, if true then we gotta wonder if that's all of them. Like how you gotta appreciate the luck on that Richter/Gardevoir/Gothitelle leak.

Ayumi as the retro and the Japan rep would be the perfect Sakurai thing. (RIP Ashley)
Weird thing about the newcomers this time. They all feel "approved by western fandom" maybe except Richter.

I don't know how much chance characters mainly popular in Japan have, especially as unique fighters.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Yeah, this issue is that if she gets in and Geno and Sora don't. I mean i get it but in would be disappointed. Also no Incineroar
there could be more, theres a ?

if its agnes probably no geno, if its ayumi we could still get geno. as for incineroar, theres still likely to be some pokemon rep so the ? almost certainly means there'd be more after this.

IF this even is anything. I hate picture leaks after that rayman leak its so hard to trust or deny them.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
And IF this leak is true, I assume the girl to be Tachibana, while the question mark represents the SE character (Geno or someone else) and/or the Pokemon rep/Incineroar

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Honestly i would be shocked if we got Agnes over Geno as the second SE Rep
Sadly I could see it happening. Maybe Sakurai would prefer adding another 3rd party series in over Geno and Square probably would've been more on board with Agnes.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm leaning more toward Angus than Touch-a-banana.

D

Deleted member

Weird thing about the newcomers this time. They all feel "approved by western fandom" maybe except Richter.

I don't know how much chance characters mainly popular in Japan have, especially as unique fighters.
Well, Richter is also popular in some way in the West. ...Memes are a huge contributor, but they're still a factor, regardless. The biggest push from Japan was King K. Rool for a very long time, but now since he's finally in, the next biggest character is Rex & Pyra, second close to another Kirby rep. Literally ANY niconico video related to Smash Ultimate will no doubt have "レックスお願い" (Rex please) in the comments, en masse, even.

At this point, though, almost every character we can think of that the Japanese, loves we also love too, like Banjo-Kazooie and Geno, so I don't think at this point regional wants are as big of a thing as previous entries. Weirdly enough, I've seen comments on niconico for... Genesect? Now that's a yikes from me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom