• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

There were lengthy discussions about whether or not the length of the duck's neck was unrealistically long in an attempt to disprove it.

Those were dark times.
Remember when it was an obvious Pluto edit? :V

Or when someone "found" the original render and stretched the ears out? :V

Chrono.

Why would the Chorus Kids still be in 2D?

Not like they would look bad in 3D.
It's kinda their thing.

Plus, for what it's worth, all the Rhythm Heaven trophies in 4 were kept in 2D. It's fair to assume any playable character would retain the style.

That said, the Wario Ware characters who aren't in the game in some shape or form also kept the 2D look in trophies.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'll never understand why Mewtwo had a ? in the ESRB and not an X like the others.

Did the ESRB leaker know about Mewtwo being in, but not knowing he was DLC?
IIRC, the person who leaked the images to the forums tried to push Mewtwo as one of the hidden characters to ride his five minutes of fame.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I was thinking more like glorified enemies
And multiple versions of each assist trophy can spawn at the same time.

Just wait till you get to the level where you have to fight a swarm of Waluigi.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Just a thought, since assist trophies can be KO'd now maybe they'll be used as bosses/fighters for the hidden mode.
Fighting Assist Trophy Team maybe?

We'll be able to slaughter Waluigis by the dozens!

Edit:
Just wait till you get to the level where
Great minds think alike. Wa.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Because SE being SE thinks traditional JRPGs are dying and need support all the time despite evidence saying otherwise
I think in that case they'd push Dragon Quest to Smash instead of Bravely.

You cannot get more traditional than the OG JRPG.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Another reason I can't see this being real is that we have like 3 months until the game comes out. The ESRB leak came out around 1 month before the game released in Japan. This would be a bigger slip up than that and this would be contradictory to Nintendo keeping a tight lid on leaks this time.

Shroob

Sup?
Another reason I can't see this being real is that we have like 3 months until the game comes out. The ESRB leak came out around 1 month before the game released in Japan. This would be a bigger slip up than that and this would be contradictory to Nintendo keeping a tight lid on leaks this time.
To be fair, it came out one month to US, the general public.

There were people here that knew about the full roster months in advance.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Speaking of the ESRB leak

didnt it come out around this time

Shroob

Sup?
gCs59ud.png

Yep, I legit can't tell if this is supposed to be Ayumi or Agnes.

BOTH are viable candidates for this face, which is why I just.........!

:drflip:

D

Deleted member

Thought of the day:

I'm hoping that that remix of Bowser's battle theme from SMB3 is a part of a medley of every Bowser themes in the mainline Mario series

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Guys we probably won't see any true leaks until we're very close to launch. Nothing at this point has had definitive proof, and the burden of proof lies on the rumors, not the people trying to discredit them. Just be patient, god AKA Sakurai will deliver his holy presence upon us soon enough, and will grace us with new reveals.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm personally of the opinion the leak is fake.

I don't believe they're Photoshop's though (except maybe Skull Kid of his Assist Trophy, it looks really similar to that model)

Just how it was setup, seems odd

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
This giving me mad Ginyu/Hit flashbacks from the FighterZ speculation days.
Awww ****, you remember that too? Man, that was such a hot topic for months.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Can someone who is either less lazy than me or keeping a tally let me know how many characters are yet to be shown off on the blog?

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Agnes is from Bravely Default right? Never played those games, but man...Imagine if we got another SE rep and it wasn't Geno. People would be so mad looool. Especially if they hate the anime aesthetic. Thankfully I don't. Give me all the anime in Smash :yeahboi:

Chrono.

Awww ****, you remember that too? Man, that was such a hot topic for months.
The best part is how Goku Black was in that very same shot of arcade mode but no one noticed because it was so ****ing blurry we all just assumed it was Kid Buu.

Shroob

Sup?
Ya'll need to remember though:

The ESRB leak didn't happen a month before the game came out, because we have proof that some people on this very board were well aware of the newcomers and veterans in the game.

The Ninka_Kiwi leak was posted here in....July I think? And the game came out in October, with the 'leak' happening in September.

There ARE definitely people out there not part of the development team that know the entire roster already.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Ya'll need to remember though:

The ESRB leak didn't happen a month before the game came out, because we have proof that some people on this very board were well aware of the newcomers and veterans in the game.

The Ninka_Kiwi leak was posted here in....July I think? And the game came out in October, with the 'leak' happening in September.

There ARE definitely people out there not part of the development team that know the entire roster already.
That doesn't necessarily prove any current rumors to be true though, just that maybe one day there might be an actual leak, it's certainly possible I guess.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Can someone post the images of this supposed leak? I'm trying to catch up before going to work and this discussion goes back many, many pages.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
The best part is how Goku Black was in that very same shot of arcade mode but no one noticed because it was so ****ing blurry we all just assumed it was Kid Buu.
I knew for a fact it wasn't Kid Buu, fwiw. There was waaay too much pink.

Can someone post the images of this supposed leak? I'm trying to catch up before going to work and this discussion goes back many, many pages.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
That doesn't necessarily prove any current rumors to be true though, just that maybe one day there might be an actual leak, it's certainly possible I guess.
Oh yes, of course.

I was just trying to correct people in their assumption that the ESRB leak happened "One month" before the game came out, which was very wrong. That leak happened MONTHS in advance, it was just kept silent by a small group of people.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Oh yes, of course.

I was just trying to correct people in their assumption that the ESRB leak happened "One month" before the game came out, which was very wrong. That leak happened MONTHS in advance, it was just kept silent by a small group of people.
I still remember being proven wrong about that one...
But my reasoning for thinking it was fake still stands, even if it wasn't...entirely sound...

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Assist Trophy Guests I would like to see. (I'm not saying that I hope these characters aren't playable.)
  • Shantae
  • Sash Lilac
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Rayman
  • Slime
  • Bill Rizer
  • Arthur
  • Agnes Oblige
  • Carbuncle (Puyo Puyo)
  • Officer Chun-Li
  • Tifa Lockhart

Last edited:

Onua

Smash Journeyman
P sure its Ayumi. It would make sense
> She was going to be in melee
> Represents Visual Novels
> Is the wtf pick AND the retro pick like dhd
> The white headband on the left side of the head and bored expression, her eyes also dont match agnes

I want to shout FAKE but the ayumi render here looks SO good that if it is fake im going to have to give major props to the person who made it cause the Ayumi render just looks absolutely real

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I knew for a fact it wasn't Kid Buu, fwiw. There was waaay too much pink.

Gracias.

My gut says Smashified-esque image work but it could be legit. Shadow just looks a little 2D but that could be the angle the photo's taken at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom