• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Smash 4 is gonna die and for good reasons too.

Not only is it the most dullest and blandest of the series with absolutely nothing to make it stand out, (N64’s Classic iteration, Melee’s competitive gameplay, Brawl’s Subspace), and lacking a true title, but Ultimate outclasses it in every way imaginable.

The only way is Smash 4 is gonna still be played are us waiting for Ultimate and those who can’t afford a Switch atm (no offense).
While this may be debatable, I feel that Smash 3DS / Wii U fixes up a good deal of flaws that Brawl had. The infinite chain grabs are gone, autolink is more efficient, Meta Knight isn't dominant, random tripping is removed, and stale moves no longer weaken an attack's KBG; that was a problem that really affected a lot of fighters who had very few KO move options.

Also, Brawl had another flaw in that the newer Wii models lacked GCN controller support for the GCN controller fans, and even if you were able to use that specific controller, you have to fully press the L or R buttons down if you wanted to activate your fighter's shield.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Skull kid situation, and boi I'm going in with this one… so for the sake of not making you scroll too much, i will put it as a spoiler (even tho it isn't one). Here I go… :
• Yes loz "leak" is a thing that happened, but that's not CLOSE to being the strongest hint, not even by a mile. It only raises hopes, but it's not a solid fact or anything.

• AT missing. Sakurai went through the trouble of deconfirming him due to the demand of fans of him back in smash 4, I don't see him doing that this time, but rather he is letting us speculate about him while his AT is still missing entirely.

• His competition is not that big with the other zelda characters. If you clearly think someone like Lana has more chances than freaking Skull kid, there's something wrong with you, lol. Groose? give me a break. Impa is mostly echo material, and i don't think "echo material" characters are a reason to not think we are getting an actual Zelda series newcomer, specially after many smash games without getting a newcomer at all. So the competition list is shorter than you think.

• Again, if he is not that requested for or popular in results as some of you say, Sakurai wouldn't have taken the trouble of making sure what he was back in Smash 4. And if the roster for Ultimate was decided back then or around the time, well you can pick up what i'm trying to say…
Also, we DON'T know the real results of the ballot, nobody knows them. All we have are some made up polls that come from specific sites, meanwhile the real ballot covered a more worldwide audience that weren't on a specific forum or whatever. So let's stop pretending we know what were the real high rankings in the ballot. Hell, I don't even believe to this day that Bayo made it more to the top than Ridley and King K Rool. The ballot might have not actually meant anything for Smash 4, but solely for Ultimate. I wouldn't doubt Sakurai deciding to give us a shock thing like Bayo back then, and kept the ballot for a bunch of shocking reveals for his next game, Ultimate. Skull kid's ranking might be higher than any of you think and there's no actual fact pointing against it, unless you're a hacker and know the ACTUAL results.

• Do I have to mention this one?… ok… I'm NOT on board with the whole room teasing with sakurai, I'm not gonna be one of those… BUT I'm not gonna discard it EITHER, considering the pattern hasn't been debunked yet. Last room was very DK themed as we all could mostly agree, and he got confirmed. Unless the next reveal fits or doesn't fit the theme of the latest room, we can't discard this possibility just yet. Put it at the lowest part of the list of Skull kid hints, alongside with loz's leak, but don't discard it entirely until we actually get official confirmation or debunking of this theory.

• Young link has termina field music on his video on the official website. Why? His design is mostly based on OoT, yet he has elements of MM involved, specially this suspicious choice of song out of all the ones they could've gone through (seriously, they could've gone with saria's song or even the regular hyrule field theme, did they? no they didn't). Also no Final smash confirmed yet, if there's a more heavier MM theme going on with young link, I don't doubt Skull kid might have a play on it. If they wanted to give young link the regular triforce slashing final smash, they would've done it already, and i doubt very much that his final smash is gonna be him running over you while riding epona or something like that. I think we can agree termina music + missing FS is a possible hint for Fierce Deity FS. This might or not might have anything to do with skull kid, but since there's MM theme involved with Y Link, it definitely adds at least 1% more to his chances imo.

So yeah… let's keep assuming Loz's leak is the only reason skull kid is being requested… WRONG again, sir. Where does this assumption of that being the only reason, really coming from? just because you haven't been keeping up with the actual fanbase behind him? Hell i've been wanting him since melee times, just like many have been with ridley, king k, etc. Just because his popularity became overshadowed by other characters, doesn't mean it's nonexistent.

This might also not be a hint but… I think it's worth mentioning, if we are getting different zelda character versions for the sake of having a zelda character of each game (Link from Botw, Ganondorf from OoT, Zelda from ALBTW), I think MM being the next newcomer for zelda series is not at all far from possible. MM is definitely one of the Zelda games that left a huge mark on the series, if not in gaming as well back then. I don't think Groose, or freaking Lana have more chances than that, let's be serious lol. SS Impa? Yes, but as many of us believe, she is echo material for sheik. Vaati really is a known villain but i don't think he left much of an impact in comparison to what majora's mask did, but that's just my opinion, you might think otherwise, and that's fine. Ghirahim? Sakurai must be high as hell if he is going to make his AT become playable before Skull kid's , i'm sorry. Beast Ganon? I would LOVE that… but if Zelda series haven't gotten a real newcomer for a long time, but rather just clones or reskins… do you think we will get another Ganon? I would like it, but i HIGHLY doubt it… Of course I could go on with so many freaking Zelda characters, but I think I made my point that Skull kid is probably one of the biggest choices Sakurai has for a newcomer zelda character.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
By the time people started actively supporting Impa, it's because she was all that was left.
People have low ass standards if they're gonna forget Byrne and Oracle Villains. :dizzy: Impa never really stuck with me so I'll probably never understand.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Please tell me this criteria?
Well, I'm sure if Goku and Batman got first place Sakurai wouldn't just go

"Ok, they're in"

Maybe I'm forgetful, but I don't remember a lot of requests for Geno during the ballot. Felt like everyone and their great grandmas were voting for K. Rool, Banjo, Shantae, BWD, and Shovel Knight.

That's not to say he wasn't popular, but I don't think his fans were nearly as vocal as they were for Brawl.

BWD is an enigma. I'm confident that he was more popular than most of the other unconfirmed characters left, but it feels like a lot of people just randomly dropped him after K. Rool.

Oh well. This weeds out the true supporters from the followers who only care about being right with their predictions. I still think BWD is just as likely as he was when Smash was first announced, if not even more likely.
Was there really that much support for Waddle Dee on the ballot? Maybe in Japan

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Well, I'm sure if Goku and Batman got first place Sakurai wouldn't just go

"Ok, they're in"

Was there really that much support for Waddle Dee on the ballot? Maybe in Japan
And I'm sure that's an...ENTIRELY different situation. This isn't even comparable nor is what I asked.

Also, yes, there was that much support.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
There are many characters that fill all of the so called criteria to become playable, most of them won't make it. At the end of the day Sakurai will have to look at the character and decide he'll include them. A character could have everything going for them and still not make it.

StormC

Smash Hero
All this room analysis stuff just gives me Ridley shadow vibes.

I've been down this road before. I've never doubted that Skull Kid was a popular choices in certain Smash circles, but putting together vague hints just sends me back to that ****ing shadow. At least the Isaac "hint" is a little more suspiciously placed and specific.

The only thing that gives me pause is the inclusion of the Moon AT. That would be a very odd choice if Skull Kid is still an AT. There's a lot of overlap between the two, it'd be like if you had a Krimp AT as well as the Klaptrap one.

That said, I don't put a ton of stock into the Skull Kid AT being in 4 due to his popularity despite his irrelevance. Popularity had nothing to do with the inclusion of Nightmare and Mother Brain, who had been MIA for over a decade.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Speaking of Zelda characters, we need Sidon.

Don't even care how he's represented. A trophy, a background character, his theme song, a playable character with his trademark arm flex as a taunt - we just need him in the game in some capacity.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
There are many characters that fill all of the so called criteria to become playable, most of them won't make it. At the end of the day Sakurai will have to look at the character and decide he'll include them. A character could have everything going for them and still not make it.
I love when an adult graces the forum with his/her presence.

It's refreshing.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Speaking of Zelda characters, we need Sidon.

Don't even care how he's represented. A trophy, a background character, his theme song, a playable character with his trademark arm flex as a taunt - we just need him in the game in some capacity.
If by Sidon you mean Mipha then I agree :).
In fact, make all the Champions Assist Trophies.

Last edited:

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Please tell me this criteria?
I don't know it, I'm not Sakurai, but it's obvious he has a criteria, otherwise even his goddamn chair would be playable by now, just to exagerate a bit.

You know.. popularity, relevancy, iconicness, requests, visuals, moveset potential, balancing, variety, history, Sakurai's own curiosity or favorites.. There are a lot of factors that are taken into account when deciding a playable character. Skull Kid fulfills a lot of those.

I think the problem of some people is they get stuck with just leakers and polls, and fail to look and analyze way beyond, where the real and logical factors lie.

For example, ballot? Maybe he wasn't too requested in the ballot, but I'm pretty sure a big mix of different Zelda characters were. Sakurai, after seeing it all and thinking a lot, could have just gone like: "Okay.. basically, this game needs a brand new Zelda rep." And after analyzing and overanalizing a lot, considering MANY factors, factors that we don't even know, or just need to think way beyond the usual crap, he goes: "Got it, Skull Kid".

I feel like some of you forgot stuff like that, and just got stuck into leakers and ballot as the only way going.

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
All this room analysis stuff just gives me Ridley shadow vibes.

I've been down this road before. I've never doubted that Skull Kid was a popular choices in certain Smash circles, but putting together vague hints just sends me back to that ****ing shadow. At least the Isaac "hint" is a little more suspiciously placed and specific.

The only thing that gives me pause is the inclusion of the Moon AT. That would be a very odd choice if Skull Kid is still an AT. There's a lot of overlap between the two, it'd be like if you had a Krimp AT as well as the Klaptrap one.

That said, I don't put a ton of stock into the Skull Kid AT being in 4 due to his popularity despite his irrelevance. Popularity had nothing to do with the inclusion of Nightmare and Mother Brain, who had been MIA for over a decade.
I'm not sure if this was what you were referring to, but I'm shocked it's not brought up enough the fact that Skull Kid isn't with the Moon in the AT. I mean sure Skull Kid's AT hasn't show yet but neithered did Ashley for a while and we saw what that meant.

On the other hand the Moon Assist trophy makes sense to have Skull Kid appear and summon the moon. But that doesn't happen, instead it's just the Moon. Idk feels weird to me. Unless he is an AT and Sakurai wanted to keep them seperate, I don't know why. It's not like Skull Kids AT was a unique effect.

D

Deleted member

The true criteria is "how can I make this character fit, but also jape hundreds of thousands of people for their reveal?"

D

Deleted member

Why would Square be bothered by that? People like Super Mario RPG, it's not like they'd be bringing attention to a failed game or something.
Because that game is so old, and played by so few in the west, that it wouldnt even count as advertising for them. Nobody outside a forum would even realize its a Square character.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
Actually, this is really silly to say but, we're running out of 'new' stuff from the Direct to be shown off on the blog, huh?

Disregarding old stages for the moment:

We've had every new stage shown off today with New Donk City.

All 5 of the newcomers got their reveal that week or the week after the Direct.

Assist Trophies and Pokemon are being rolled out steadily, with Rathalos getting the spotlight the other day.

It feels like we'll be back in drought mode soon, which is something I don't like saying after how good the Direct was, but it seems like a couple more weeks of old info are coming until the next Direct, whenever that is,

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The main things to hope for are whether Sakurai decides to change his mind about a character's viability (e.g. Villager), and if he'll pay attention to fans saying how their character picks would be unique in the movesets they could have and catch his interest.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
We still got some assist trophies to go through. Nikki, The Moon, Shovel Knight, Chef Kowasaki, Zero, and Kapp'n

Noipoi

Howdy!
Actually, this is really silly to say but, we're running out of 'new' stuff from the Direct to be shown off on the blog, huh?

Disregarding old stages for the moment:

We've had every new stage shown off today with New Donk City.

All 5 of the newcomers got their reveal that week or the week after the Direct.

Assist Trophies and Pokemon are being rolled out steadily, with Rathalos getting the spotlight the other day.

It feels like we'll be back in drought mode soon, which is something I don't like saying after how good the Direct was, but it seems like a couple more weeks of old info are coming until the next Direct, whenever that is,
We've still got some items and Assist Trophies to go through.
Hopefully we get at least one reveal in a direct next month, but if that doesn't happen then it's gonna be Drought 2: Electric Boogaloo until October.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa came way after Skull Kid got AT'd. Way after. After Midna and Ghirahim were AT'd, too. By the time people started actively supporting Impa, it's because she was all that was left.
No. Impa and Girahim support was quite prevailing, even in a sense of competition between the two. Impa support became greater and more outspoken once Ghirahim was confirmed as a AT. She's been a discussion point ever since Skyward Sword came out, but it was rather controversial because I, as advocate of Impa support, suggested her replacing Sheik, as a standalone character and thus separating Zelda as her own character for balance reasons.

Impa support was controversial before Hyrule Warriors, not unheard of. It was only ever quickly brushed off because people didn't like the idea of her replacing Sheik. Impa vs Sheik debates lasted for several pages around these parts. And ever since Hyrule Warriors came, people saw Impa in a way more optimistic light because her being so different from Sheik in that game.

Before Skull Kid having his mass following yet again, Impa was basically the ONLY Zelda newcomer expected and discussed. Occasionally a Midna supporter showed up, and Breath of the Wild had people clamoring for a Champion (none was ever more popular significantly than another tho) especially since it was confirmed that BotW Link is the main Link of Ultimate. Skull Kid was always a popular pick that nobody thought was possible, but now that's different.

Anyways, Impa has a strong and solid support going on. And I really anticipate her coming to Smash, even if it means as a Echo Fighter.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Because that game is so old, and played by so few in the west, that it wouldnt even count as advertising for them. Nobody outside a forum would even realize its a Square character.
How many of the 3rd parties were added specifically for advertising?

Was Mega Man? Considering no Mega Man games were out? Was Pac-Man? Was Sonic?

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Wow, those are AMAZING, do you know a place where I could do something like this? The Wii Fit one espesscially is way cool, and as a side note, it would be awesome of the series emblem replaced the Nintendo logo
Uh, just Photoshop. If you have it, you can try it. This isn't mine though, so I'll just clear that out of the way.

Chrono.

Maybe I'm forgetful, but I don't remember a lot of requests for Geno during the ballot. Felt like everyone and their great grandmas were voting for K. Rool, Banjo, Shantae, BWD, and Shovel Knight.

That's not to say he wasn't popular, but I don't think his fans were nearly as vocal as they were for Brawl.
He may have done well enough for a fancy Mii Costume splash screen at least.

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else curious how the fighter-specific classic mode is gonna work when you haven't unlocked every character? Surely you won't be able to fight them in classic mode if you haven't unlocked them...?

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
The thing with Skull Kid is that hes popular. Not necessarily smash community popular, not necessarily ballot popular either, he is just popular. Go into any store and look at the zelda merchandise and i guarantee there is majoras mask stuff on the t-shirts, wallets, pins, hats etc... that mask is iconic to zelda just like the triforce and master sword.

The thing with skull kid "suddenly" becoming a likely character isn't so much people don't want him as it is circumstances in the past made him seem less likely. sakurai adding any "non-triforce holder" zelda character has over the years seemed unlikely as he's skipped adding midna/ghirahim/impa/tingle etc.. in the past and in the smash community guessing at those characters became more and more "unlikely" feeling based on sakurai adding multiple links and multiple zeldas instead (even toon zelda ALMOST happened in brawl).

In smash 4 his assist trophy was revealed early on so no one guessed at him much, there simply wasnt time to build up a sizeable fan base during that speculation season. For the ballot he was already an assist trophy so people looked over characters like him or Ridley and assumed they might be "out of the running" and decided not to vote for them, as it might be throwing the vote away. most seemed to believe the ballot was for smash4 DLC and the side note about "future smash games" I dont think swayed many people to vote for those "deconfirmed" characters much. of course we GOT ridley so sakurai is aware of non-ballot based popularity, and thats really where i think skull kid shines and makes sense, as i said before he's a very popular and well known nintendo icon for the zelda series at this point, regardless of ballot votes.

Because of this history (non-triforce holders seeming unlikely zelda choices over the years, skull kid being deconfirmed early on as an assist trophy for smash4, likely not getting a lot of ballot votes due to those first two issues) Skull Kid hasn't been talked about much in the lead up to Ultimate. Then we got the newest direct and with the moon becoming an assist trophy without skull kid (who could easily be part of that, calling the moon down) and loz18 "leaking" skull kid (however you feel about loz18 he did have correct E3 info and it was mostly zelda based info specifically) now skull kid seems very likely. theres also some wild tinfoil hat theory stuff out there stuff like the sakurai office backgrounds etc... but i think people really do want skull kid (i know i think hes cool) and i think he's a popular character for the general nintendo fan base. He only got looked over so much in the smash community due to a series of circumstances and not because the smash fanbase doesnt desire the character be added to the roster, now that he seems possible and likely the fan support is simply being highlighted in a way it never had a chance to be before.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Anyone else curious how the fighter-specific classic mode is gonna work when you haven't unlocked every character? Surely you won't be able to fight them in classic mode if you haven't unlocked them...?
I don't really see this as an issue. In e.g. Mario Kart, you can race staff time trials of a character before you've unlocked them.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Considering every character is going to be shown off before the game releases I can easily see that being the case.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Didn't do the "10 more Echoes" game yet, so I will now.

:ultfalcon: - Mach Rider
:ultsheik: - Impa
:ultsonic: - Shadow
:ultpokemontrainer: - Charizard as a solo character (Pokemon Change is swapped for Rock Smash)
:ultdiddy: - Dixie Kong
:ultpalutena: - Medusa
:ultrobin - Celica (Alternatively, this spot can instead be used for Black Knight as an Ike Echo)
:ultryu: - Akuma
:ultbayonetta: - Jeanne :^)
:ultinkling: - Octoling

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Geez, this thread moves a mile a minute, now that I'm reading every page and not just skipping to the latest 3 pages

But I thought I could link this here in case anyone is interested. A former Extra Creditz member and one of my favorite artists, Dan Floyd, analyzes what it means to have good animation in Super Smash Bros., focusing on Mario this time and hinting at future videos featuring other characters.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon I know you're not doing leak sessions anymore, but out of curiosity, how many recently have mentioned Elma and Waddle Dee (and/or optionally Neku)? Should help narrow it down a bit

if anything that's more of a refreshing cool take cause I comPLETELY AGREE

the composer also worked on anime soundtracks like Kill la Kill and Attack on Titan and I LOVED those soundtracks so much <3

there were only one or two tracks I can say I didn't like and they're mostly heard in squad missions online (not Nemesis battles) but everything else is a heckin BANGER
A whole 1 "leak" mentions Neku. Elma fares slightly better at 11 mentions, and Bandana Dee has 47.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I don't know it, I'm not Sakurai, but it's obvious he has a criteria, otherwise even his goddamn chair would be playable by now, just to exagerate a bit.

You know.. popularity, relevancy, iconicness, requests, visuals, moveset potential, balancing, variety, history, Sakurai's own curiosity or favorites.. There are a lot of factors that are taken into account when deciding a playable character. Skull Kid fulfills a lot of those.

I think the problem of some people is they get stuck with just leakers and polls, and fail to look and analyze way beyond, where the real and logical factors lie.

For example, ballot? Maybe he wasn't too requested in the ballot, but I'm pretty sure a big mix of different Zelda characters were. Sakurai, after seeing it all and thinking a lot, could have just gone like: "Okay.. basically, this game needs a brand new Zelda rep." And after analyzing and overanalizing a lot, considering MANY factors, factors that we don't even know, or just need to think way beyond the usual crap, he goes: "Got it, Skull Kid".

I feel like some of you forgot stuff like that, and just got stuck into leakers and ballot as the only way going.
Okay, I can get with this actually, good points and post.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Didn't do the "10 more Echoes" game yet, so I will now.

:ultfalcon: - Mach Rider
:ultsheik: - Impa
:ultsonic: - Shadow
:ultpokemontrainer: - Charizard as a solo character (Pokemon Change is swapped for Rock Smash)
:ultdiddy: - Dixie Kong
:ultpalutena: - Medusa
:ultrobin - Celica (Alternatively, this spot can instead be used for Black Knight as an Ike Echo)
:ultryu: - Akuma
:ultbayonetta: - Jeanne :^)
:ultinkling: - Octoling
For Charizard, I think it should be Mega Charizard X since it was his final smash. But I don't think it's going to happen. Incinroar might have that line for an individual fire starter.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
You fought Luigi in Smash 64 Classic before unlocking him.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Smash 4 is going to die when Smash Ultimate comes out, but that's just the natural healthy cycle of a fighting game. Smash 4 was truly an exceptional game. Smash Ultimate by all appearances seems to just take the good things Smash 4 did and build on them to make an even better game (if this isn't true, Smash Ultimate will be the most disappointing game of all time). Being replaced by your sequel isn't a bad look for a competitive game; it's just what is supposed to happen.

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
Skull kid situation, and boi I'm going in with this one… so for the sake of not making you scroll too much, i will put it as a spoiler (even tho it isn't one). Here I go… :
• Yes loz "leak" is a thing that happened, but that's not CLOSE to being the strongest hint, not even by a mile. It only raises hopes, but it's not a solid fact or anything.

• AT missing. Sakurai went through the trouble of deconfirming him due to the demand of fans of him back in smash 4, I don't see him doing that this time, but rather he is letting us speculate about him while his AT is still missing entirely.

• His competition is not that big with the other zelda characters. If you clearly think someone like Lana has more chances than freaking Skull kid, there's something wrong with you, lol. Groose? give me a break. Impa is mostly echo material, and i don't think "echo material" characters are a reason to not think we are getting an actual Zelda series newcomer, specially after many smash games without getting a newcomer at all. So the competition list is shorter than you think.

• Again, if he is not that requested for or popular in results as some of you say, Sakurai wouldn't have taken the trouble of making sure what he was back in Smash 4. And if the roster for Ultimate was decided back then or around the time, well you can pick up what i'm trying to say…
Also, we DON'T know the real results of the ballot, nobody knows them. All we have are some made up polls that come from specific sites, meanwhile the real ballot covered a more worldwide audience that weren't on a specific forum or whatever. So let's stop pretending we know what were the real high rankings in the ballot. Hell, I don't even believe to this day that Bayo made it more to the top than Ridley and King K Rool. The ballot might have not actually meant anything for Smash 4, but solely for Ultimate. I wouldn't doubt Sakurai deciding to give us a shock thing like Bayo back then, and kept the ballot for a bunch of shocking reveals for his next game, Ultimate. Skull kid's ranking might be higher than any of you think and there's no actual fact pointing against it, unless you're a hacker and know the ACTUAL results.

• Do I have to mention this one?… ok… I'm NOT on board with the whole room teasing with sakurai, I'm not gonna be one of those… BUT I'm not gonna discard it EITHER, considering the pattern hasn't been debunked yet. Last room was very DK themed as we all could mostly agree, and he got confirmed. Unless the next reveal fits or doesn't fit the theme of the latest room, we can't discard this possibility just yet. Put it at the lowest part of the list of Skull kid hints, alongside with loz's leak, but don't discard it entirely until we actually get official confirmation or debunking of this theory.

• Young link has termina field music on his video on the official website. Why? His design is mostly based on OoT, yet he has elements of MM involved, specially this suspicious choice of song out of all the ones they could've gone through (seriously, they could've gone with saria's song or even the regular hyrule field theme, did they? no they didn't). Also no Final smash confirmed yet, if there's a more heavier MM theme going on with young link, I don't doubt Skull kid might have a play on it. If they wanted to give young link the regular triforce slashing final smash, they would've done it already, and i doubt very much that his final smash is gonna be him running over you while riding epona or something like that. I think we can agree termina music + missing FS is a possible hint for Fierce Deity FS. This might or not might have anything to do with skull kid, but since there's MM theme involved with Y Link, it definitely adds at least 1% more to his chances imo.

So yeah… let's keep assuming Loz's leak is the only reason skull kid is being requested… WRONG again, sir. Where does this assumption of that being the only reason, really coming from? just because you haven't been keeping up with the actual fanbase behind him? Hell i've been wanting him since melee times, just like many have been with ridley, king k, etc. Just because his popularity became overshadowed by other characters, doesn't mean it's nonexistent.

This might also not be a hint but… I think it's worth mentioning, if we are getting different zelda character versions for the sake of having a zelda character of each game (Link from Botw, Ganondorf from OoT, Zelda from ALBTW), I think MM being the next newcomer for zelda series is not at all far from possible. MM is definitely one of the Zelda games that left a huge mark on the series, if not in gaming as well back then. I don't think Groose, or freaking Lana have more chances than that, let's be serious lol. SS Impa? Yes, but as many of us believe, she is echo material for sheik. Vaati really is a known villain but i don't think he left much of an impact in comparison to what majora's mask did, but that's just my opinion, you might think otherwise, and that's fine. Ghirahim? Sakurai must be high as hell if he is going to make his AT become playable before Skull kid's , i'm sorry. Beast Ganon? I would LOVE that… but if Zelda series haven't gotten a real newcomer for a long time, but rather just clones or reskins… do you think we will get another Ganon? I would like it, but i HIGHLY doubt it… Of course I could go on with so many freaking Zelda characters, but I think I made my point that Skull kid is probably one of the biggest choices Sakurai has for a newcomer zelda character.
Don't forget Operation Moonfall, Majoras Mask 3DS release in 2015, right around the same time they were planning Ultimate, and this is probably minor but notable, Nintendo UK's random Skull Kid instagram post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom