Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shishœ

Master of the World Tree
3DS FC
0018-4498-1775
Was there any Monster Boy footage shown?
it is when most people actually arguing for this want ''muh representation'' just for the sake of it and not because they actually like the characters.
Asking for representation isn't "for the sake of it", it's trying to correct and balance the lack of representation for countless years, regardless if it was conscious or not.

Guybrush20X6

Smash Legend
Premium
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
NNID
Guybrush20X6
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well not too much.

I'm afraid nearly all the games I'm interested in are ones I bought a while ago on Steam.

I'll wait for reviews on Into the Breach

Last edited:

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Writing Team
I'm kinda disappointed in the showcase, tbh. Not because there's no Smash news, obviously. It's just... all the games seemed bland and kinda blended together. None of them really stood out to me as "I NEED TO PLAY THIS." I mean, other than the friggin' goose simulator (which was absolutely hilarious). I really want to support Indie games and third party games on the Switch so that Nintendo gets more opportunities to work with more developers, but I honestly can't say that I want to buy a single game showcased today, lol. BUT I DIGRESS.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Smash Legend
Premium
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
NNID
Guybrush20X6
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
No announcement, although as a regular Nintendo fan that was pretty good IMO. This probably deconfirms Shantae, as I think her best chance at getting announced was right now.
Not necessarily. After all, if Smash showed up proper who would remember what any of the other games were? Not good marketing.
In my head the best time for her to show would be as part of a second Smash Direct, probably the "one last announcement" thing.

3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Okay, let's play a game.

I was thinking "What would happen if Nintendo asked ArcSys to make a fighting game, but told them 'As long as it has [these characters], we don't care who else is in it.'"

So...

You're making a new Nintendo fighting game with 22 characters in it, Nintendo has told you that you must include:
  • Mario
  • Luigi
  • Bowser
  • Link
  • Pikachu
  • Marth
Other than that, you can choose anyone as a fighter so long as they are Nintendo characters. In short, pick 16 characters for your hypothetical Nintendo fighting game.
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultbowser::ultlink::ultpikachu::ultmarth:

:ultdiddy::ultdk::ultfox::ultganondorf::ultgreninja::ultkrool::ultlittlemac::ultlucario::ultness::ultpeach::ultpit::ultridley::ultsamus::ultwario::ultyoshi::ultzelda:

This seems rather balance if you'd ask me

I wonder if No More Heroes is even considered Indie...I mean compared to the games shown. Also doesn't help it was an exclusively American direct, were any Japanese developers?

Anyway PAX this weekend. Smash should atleast be playable. Other then that it's the hopeful eventual September general direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.