• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Was there any Monster Boy footage shown?
it is when most people actually arguing for this want ''muh representation'' just for the sake of it and not because they actually like the characters.
Asking for representation isn't "for the sake of it", it's trying to correct and balance the lack of representation for countless years, regardless if it was conscious or not.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
User was warned for this post
Omg omg Shantae confirmed!!!!

Best trailer ever, cant believe sakurai showed up at the end.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well not too much.

I'm afraid nearly all the games I'm interested in are ones I bought a while ago on Steam.

I'll wait for reviews on Into the Breach

Last edited:

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
Not gonna lie, I was open to the possibility of Smash being shown off, but people really shouldn't have expected anything with that guy in charge. Nothing against him, but he's not one of the big personalities that would be allowed to lead into Smash.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well, now we move on to the next thing.

September direct when?

Primal Cookie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2532 0420 7538
No announcement, although as a regular Nintendo fan that was pretty good IMO. This probably deconfirms Shantae, as I think her best chance at getting announced was right now.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Despite me wanting a Shantae reveal, I never truly expected it, and it's a good thing I didn't. But I'm not gonna lie, when I heard the guy said "Oh! We have one more thing," my heart did skip a beat.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
I'm kinda disappointed in the showcase, tbh. Not because there's no Smash news, obviously. It's just... all the games seemed bland and kinda blended together. None of them really stood out to me as "I NEED TO PLAY THIS." I mean, other than the friggin' goose simulator (which was absolutely hilarious). I really want to support Indie games and third party games on the Switch so that Nintendo gets more opportunities to work with more developers, but I honestly can't say that I want to buy a single game showcased today, lol. BUT I DIGRESS.

Last edited:

Pit93

Smash Apprentice
Despite me wanting a Shantae reveal, I never truly expected it, and it's a good thing I didn't. But I'm not gonna lie, when I heard the guy said "Oh! We have one more thing," my heart did skip a beat.
Exactley how I felt. ^^'

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There were like 4 games I thought "Aren't these just the same game?"

When EVERYONE goes for the same tiny pixel multiplayer platform fighter style game

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
No announcement, although as a regular Nintendo fan that was pretty good IMO. This probably deconfirms Shantae, as I think her best chance at getting announced was right now.
Not necessarily. After all, if Smash showed up proper who would remember what any of the other games were? Not good marketing.
In my head the best time for her to show would be as part of a second Smash Direct, probably the "one last announcement" thing.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Okay, let's play a game.

I was thinking "What would happen if Nintendo asked ArcSys to make a fighting game, but told them 'As long as it has [these characters], we don't care who else is in it.'"

So...

You're making a new Nintendo fighting game with 22 characters in it, Nintendo has told you that you must include:
  • Mario
  • Luigi
  • Bowser
  • Link
  • Pikachu
  • Marth
Other than that, you can choose anyone as a fighter so long as they are Nintendo characters. In short, pick 16 characters for your hypothetical Nintendo fighting game.
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultbowser::ultlink::ultpikachu::ultmarth:

:ultdiddy::ultdk::ultfox::ultganondorf::ultgreninja::ultkrool::ultlittlemac::ultlucario::ultness::ultpeach::ultpit::ultridley::ultsamus::ultwario::ultyoshi::ultzelda:

This seems rather balance if you'd ask me

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
To be honest, I think they’ll skip over September and have a second Direct on October, for two reasons.

-It’s a too month early for a Sep Direct.

-October is Halloween = Going over “Spirits” Mode.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I wonder if No More Heroes is even considered Indie...I mean compared to the games shown. Also doesn't help it was an exclusively American direct, were any Japanese developers?

Anyway PAX this weekend. Smash should atleast be playable. Other then that it's the hopeful eventual September general direct.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I just wanted a King of Cards release window. Like just tell me what season of what year.
Same. And I feel bad complaining too. The core team at Yacht Club is like, 5 people, and they've over-delivered on their other expansions which were originally just going to be new character modes.

Drakonix

Smash Cadet
Glad that the Nindies direct only showed indies. I don't like people assuming that if an indie character was to be put in the roster, it'd be during an event dedicated to Indies...Like stop, triple A titles have no business being there.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Seems like you folks are 50/50 on this Nindie Direct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom