• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
What do you prefer in Smash Bros Ultimate?

Persona 4 (Yu Narukami) or Persona 5 (Joker)
I have my doubts.

Explain why.
Joker because I love the way how All-Out Attack would look towards a Final Smash

Plus we'd get a chance to see Ryuji, Ann, and Morgana

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Just can't wait for the next direct because we may officially pinpoint a rumor that has leak credibility. It is very likely a rumor has come around, one that most of us have discredited, that may survive the next direct with a decent amount of legitimacy.

Of those, the Neogaf rumor oddly seems to me like one that can work. Yes, it has quite a few controversial characters, but if we are being realistic here, nearly every smash has a ton of unexpected characters that cause a bunch of controversy (See R.O.B., Duck Hunt, Shulk, Wii fit trainer, etc)

For those curious, the Neogaf rumor originally specified the following:

-K. Rool
-Isaac
-Simon
-Chrom (as Roy echo)
-Isabelle (Villager Echo)
-Ken (before Vergeben confirmed him)

Then after the August direct, the same poster posted a 2nd time (proven to be the same poster with proof there) for the following characters:

- Monster Hunter (Did not need to be revealed with Rathalos)
- Terra (FF6)
- Bamco Character- mentions it's Lloyd (the same poster on his 3rd post in the thread))
- Sable Prince
- Skull Kid (Mentions it with the Lloyd post, claiming more sources)
- Soren (Robin echo) (His second post explains that he gets a small dagger; I'd argue that it could be possible considering nearly all of the fire emblem characters do not fight the way they should (Roy, Lucina and Chrom mostly)
- Shadow (Sonic Echo)
-Galacta Knight (Meta Knight Echo)
- Felix (Isaac Echo)

He also makes mention that he did not know about Dark Samus and Richter, until the were revealed, same with the 4 extra echoes he mentions later on.

Hate on it as much as you want, but the rumor is full of odd picks that are just crazy enough to be from Sakurai, and so far his initial rumor was spot on (save for Isaac so far; he got K. Rool, Chrom, and Simon all right on the first try). Pulling Isaac would align with Sakurai's comments on pulling characters from the ballot still. The Galacta Knight alt for Meta knight DOES make it seem weird, however Galacta Knight has an entirely different model/look from meta knight and it didn't stop Pit from still having mostly the same alt as Dark Pit.

Just throwing this out there. It has enough surprises, disappointments (for some people) and has yet to be disproven in any way, regardless of the skepticism thrown at it. In many ways, it's very much like the Gematsu leak in how it has been treated.

Edit: I want everyone to think about it this way: Before the August Direct, nearly all of the characters were in the same playing field. After Cloud, nearly every character mentioned was up for grabs. It's very hard to discredit characters on a leak at this point because we've gotten so many left field ones at this point.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
A little late to the game, but:

Smash Bros timeline stuff-

Smash 64:

Owned it: Yes
Played it: Yes.
Series I'd played by then: Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Yoshi, Star Fox, Metroid, DK

Melee:

Owned it: Yes.
Series I'd play by then: Same as first game

Brawl:

Played it: Yes
Series I'd played by then: Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Yoshi, Star Fox, Metroid, MGS, Sonic, Pikmin, Wario

Smash 4:

Series I'd played by then: Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Yoshi, Star Fox, Metroid, MGS, Sonic, Pikmin, Wario, Mega Man, Pacman, Street Fighter, Duck Hunt

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just can't wait for the next direct because we may officially pinpoint a rumor that has leak credibility. It is very likely a rumor has come around, one that most of us have discredited, that may survive the next direct with a decent amount of legitimacy.

Of those, the Neogaf rumor oddly seems to me like one that can work. Yes, it has quite a few controversial characters, but if we are being realistic here, nearly every smash has a ton of unexpected characters that cause a bunch of controversy (See R.O.B., Duck Hunt, Shulk, Wii fit trainer, etc)

-K. Rool
-Isaac
-Simon
-Chrom (as Roy echo)
-Isabelle

Then after the August direct, the same poster posted a 2nd time (proven to be the same poster with proof there) for the following characters:

- Monster Hunter
- Terra (FF6)
- Bamco Character- mentions it's Lloyd (the same poster on his 3rd post in the thread))
- Sable Prince
- Soren (Robin echo) (His second post explains that he gets a small dagger; I'd argue that it could be possible considering nearly all of the fire emblem characters do not fight the way they should (Roy, Lucina and Chrom mostly)
- Shadow (Sonic Echo)
- Felix (Isaac Echo)

He also makes mention that he did not know about Dark Samus and Richter, until the were revealed, same with the 4 extra echoes he mentions later on.

Hate on it as much as you want, but the rumor is full of odd picks that are just crazy enough to be from Sakurai, and so far his initial rumor was spot on (save for Isaac so far; he got K. Rool, Chrom, and Simon all right on the first try). Pulling Isaac would align with Sakurai's comments on pulling characters from the ballot still. The Galacta Knight alt for Meta knight DOES make it seem weird, however Galacta Knight has an entirely different model/look from meta knight and it didn't stop Pit from still having mostly the same alt as Dark Pit.

Just throwing this out there. It has enough surprises, disappointments (for some people) and has yet to be disproven in any way, regardless of the skepticism thrown at it. In many ways, it's very much like the Gematsu leak in how it has been treated.
Wow, I really like the sound of that roster. No new Pokemon rep, but hey, there's a lot already (though FE getting another is pretty crazy...at least it would be a Robin Echo). I don't really like the idea of Ken since Ryu is almost the definition of a generic fighter (mostly because his series defined Fighters) and Echo of him really doesn't need to be anything more than a Pallette swap, but I'll accept it if the Square rep is Terra; her FS more than likely being her Esper form.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I don't mean to false hype, I honestly don't expect anything from the Indy direct, but I had a question.

Is there any possible news coming from Shantae and Wayforward (that is the right company right?)? The only way I could see a Smash annoucnement if it also hyped up an announcement from that Indy game.

For example, even though I don't think he's likely at all, I could see Travis Strikes Again get a big annoucnement with a release date since we still don't have that, then followed up with his annoucnement in Smash. It wouldn't outshine his game and instead would be incentive to buy it, it's good marketing.
This completely ignores the fact it would outshine other games in the direct, which is the bigger issue.

Basically even though everyone keeps mentioning Shantae I don't even see it having a sliver of hope if there's nothing to announce for her game. BUT I don't follow her at all which is why I'm asking if there is likely to be any Shantae news in tomorrow's direct. Also apologies in advance if I've been misspelling her name, I really don't know the series lol.

Pakky

Smash Hero
At the end of E3, I'm definitely not psychic lol. Imo to be a lock the evidence has to be really obvious, and in general most agreed Dark Samus was likely. I definitely wasn't alone in that prediction, not by a long shot.
That's why Geno and Rayman feel assured to me. For reasons I've stated.

As does Isabelle pretty much every Mii costume is going to be addressed I feel, either they're on the roster on an assist.

Missing Assists are up in the air but both Tails and Shadow feel likely as well as Skull Kid seeing how he has replacements .

Now I wonder would they choose to make Vridi a :ultpokemontrainer: and have Phosphora fight for her?

Last edited:

The Kirbyister

Smash Apprentice
A little late to the game, but:

Smash Bros timeline stuff-

Smash 64:

Series I'd played by then: Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Yoshi, Star Fox, Metroid, DK

Melee:

Series I'd play by then: Same as first game

Brawl:

Series I'd played by then: Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Yoshi, Star Fox, Metroid, MGS, Sonic, Pikmin, Wario

Smash 4:

Series I'd played by then: Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Yoshi, Star Fox, Metroid, MGS, Sonic, Pikmin, Wario, Mega Man, Pacman, Street Fighter, Duck Hunt
I played most of them
I’m not counting melee (I played on a slow emulator)

MainJPW

M.T.A

-K. Rool
-Isaac
-Simon
-Chrom (as Roy echo)
-Isabelle

- Monster Hunter
- Terra (FF6)
- Sable Prince
- Shadow (Sonic Echo)
- Felix (Isaac Echo)

On one hand, there's Isaac and Prince Sablé.

Which is to say of course...

On the other hand, there's Galacta Knight... and uh...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

-K. Rool
-Isaac
-Simon
-Chrom (as Roy echo)
-Isabelle

- Monster Hunter
- Terra (FF6)
- Sable Prince
- Shadow (Sonic Echo)
- Felix (Isaac Echo)

Haha no

loozer2

Smash Apprentice
Man there are so many strange coincidences that point to Shantae. If it turns out she isn't in smash in some way I'll be just a little disappointed even if she isn't my first pick just because I've never seen so many arrows for an unannounced character.

-The developers haven't responded to smash questions but HAVE responded to inquiries on her inclusion in other indie fighters. This is odd considering how vocal they were during the smash ballot. Shortly after the smash ballot they posted a "Thank you for voting!" with an official Shantae artwork saying that they love their fans. A lot of their posts after that for a while on Instagram and Twitter are basically Nintendo fanboying. Since then they have been radio silent on anything related to smash. Unless they are using the hype/speculation to get some free publicity, it doesn't make sense why they wouldn't just come out and say there are no plans for her to be included(like dante).

-When they were encouraging people to vote for Shantae they made their own sample artwork including potential alternate costumes for Shantae in smash. One of the two they gave was her Pajama skin. A lot of people posted fanart of this and it got a lot of positive feedback so they put more official artwork featuring her in her Pajamas, even though Shantae had shown up in her Pajamas in a previous game. After two years of the game being released, they release a surprise DLC featuring Pajama mode (Jul 31) just a week before the first smash direct. There's some suspicious writing in the DLC that means nothing at face value, but in the context of smash could be interpreted a certain way. It's mostly speculation though.

-Matt Bozon(Shantae creator) has followed Sakurai just in the past month on Twitter. I don't know if this really means anything but it's worth noting.

-There have been only 4 Nindies so far, the first being in February 2017. There has always been at least 3-4 months between them and they tend to be surprise directs, but for some reason this upcoming US exclusive Nindie on August 28th was announced 4 days before schedule and comes out just one week after the previous Nindie. Something to note is that a similar occurrence happened with a JP exclusive 3DS direct that had a surprise reveal of Shulk...that direct occured on August 28, 2014. If they were ever going to try and sneak her in somewhere this would be the time.

Of course there's one or two really good reasons why she's unlikely to be in. While Shantae was a popular pick in the west based on general forum polls conducted across various boards, usually ranking around 3rd-5th(closely tied with characters like Geno, Banjo, and Shovel Knight) she was pretty much non-existent in Japan. The reason why I think she has lower chances than people might think is because while characters like Shovel Knight and Bomberman got amiibos/recognition shortly after the ballot ended and characters like Geno got Mii costumes, Shantae has gotten nothing. Almost every high ranking ballot character has already been confirmed in smash in some form or they have received merchandise/cosmetics in Sm4sh, not including high profile 3rd party characters like Banjo that would take a lot more effort to represent. Considering everything Bomberman and Shovel Knight have received so far, it's hard to see Shantae getting in as a playable character if those were not. Also, people like to point to Shantae's history with Nintendo which has been great but Shantae just hasn't had a huge impact on the industry or her genre(despite being good games) and she hasn't been around long enough that she feels nostalgic to include. Many of the fans she has came about BECAUSE of the hype she got during Sm4sh.

Although there was an interesting tweet they made in November 2015 asking if their fans would like having a Shantae amiibo... So many very small coincidences.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master

-K. Rool
-Isaac
-Simon
-Chrom (as Roy echo)
-Isabelle

- Monster Hunter
- Terra (FF6)
- Sable Prince
- Shadow (Sonic Echo)
- Felix (Isaac Echo)

Besides the other things people have pointed out before my post

I do kind of think Terra puts some doubt on this one. The logo on the website specifically has Final Fantasy 7's logo on Cloud's section of the "Organize by Series" on it.

Screen Shot 2018-08-27 at 12.19.34 PM.png

Maybe if Terra is in they're just placing only Final Fantasy 7's logo to hide the fact there's another Final Fantasy character coming in (And would change to simply Final Fantasy once Terra was revealed) but it seems weird anyhow. Though I just want to say I would like to be proven wrong as it would be cool to have both the most popular FF7 Protagonist and something from one of the originally Nintendo exclusive Final Fantasies in.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I definitely understand the skepticism, but the Brawl and 4 leaks were looked at the exact same way. As much as I'd want Dee, Geno, Banjo, Elma or Shantae in Smash, most people will call something fake because it doesn't have what they want on the roster.

I can tell you first hand that people said the same thing to the Brawl and smash 4 leakers, with many of the leakers responding immaturely only to be right in the end.

It's very likely Sakurai isn't only choosing from the Ballot. On one hand I'd love to believe he's tricking us about his "not too many more comment" and in the end will show us what we all want, but on the other hand, realism also comes into play. Sakurai can just up and pick whatever character he wants over Ballot choices.

This is probably the most realistic roster rumor I've seen yet, because it's not everyone's wishlist set of characters, nor does it conform to what people expect to see.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

-K. Rool
-Isaac
-Simon
-Chrom (as Roy echo)
-Isabelle

- Monster Hunter
- Terra (FF6)
- Sable Prince
- Shadow (Sonic Echo)
- Felix (Isaac Echo)

Hate on it as much as you want, but the leak is full of odd picks that are just crazy enough to be from Sakurai, and so far his initial leak was spot on (save for Isaac so far; he got K. Rool, Chrom, and Simon all right on the first try). Pulling Isaac would align with Sakurai's comments on pulling characters from the ballot still. The Galacta Knight alt for Meta knight DOES make it seem weird, however Galacta Knight has an entirely different model/look from meta knight and it didn't stop Pit from still having mostly the same alt as Dark Pit.

My analysis:

- it doesn’t have any Pokémon. I *think* Verg also said or otherwise hinted at Incineroar. He did say it was NOT Mimikyu (who was deconfirmed on August 8), Decidueye or Lycanroc.
- Verg did say another Square Enix character but the Smash site’s series logo for Cloud specifically says Final Fantasy VII, and Terra would have to be somehow counted as a separate FF Rep, since she’s from FFVI. If we did get another FF7 character I’d think it would be Zack as a Cloud echo. We could also get Geno (SMRPG), Neku (TWEWY), or someone else unexpected.
- Soren, of all characters? I get the idea of Black Knight as an Ike echo cause he’s crazy popular, but Soren...didn’t do well on popularity polls. And if anything l better imagine Celica as a Robin echo with a self-damaging tome gimmick.
- Monster Hunter seems problematic to me, cause Capcom would have FOUR reps on the base roster, plus if Monster Hunter was indeed playable, you’d think they would be revealed BEFORE Rathalos and the MH stage.
- Shadow’s cool, I have no issue with him
- Sablé Prince though, that’s tripping real big red flags in my head. His game was only in Japan during the SNES/GB era, and he’s just not that popular. Contrast to all the previous retro reps: Melee had Mr. Game and Watch which represents those old LCD handheld games of the 80s-90s and still has games coming out in Japan; Brawl’s ROB is based on the peripheral that saved Nintendo as a gaming company; and 4’s Duck Hunt is a character from one of Nintendo’s most popular NES games that used the Zapper peripheral. Sablé Prince...has been forgotten for nigh twenty years, and there’s nothing really standing out about his game. So that choice is very baffling and makes me think this leak is fake.
- Felix as an Isaac echo...no comment. I would think Isaac is sufficient to represent GS.
- Galacta Knight...also doubt it. I feel like this is just making an echo for the sake of it, I don’t think GK did well enough in the ballot, definitely not as well as say, Skull Kid.

Also, the NeoGaf guy’s first account was deleted, and registrations have to be carefully vetted there. Idk if you can close your own account there, but the second part of the leak (Sablé, Soren, Galacta etc) had a vastly different tone than the first part. Plus, wrt my carefully vetted point, someone registered with the same username as the deleted first leaker, but having a different account number. For all we know it could be someone impersonating him for their 30 minutes of Internet Fame(TM).

My verdict: most likely fake. And slightly disappointing if true to me, but at least there’s no Gothitelle and no “hurdur it deleted itself after I cracked the datamine and I couldn’t grab a pic” claim.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I do not beleave any leaks this time around. It is to exhausting.

That, and the list of requested characters is so samey now, it is everyone over and over.

And, they are 3 months from releasing the game. They are not making brand new characters.

And why a monster hunter rep? So generic.

And there is a gk alt cllor for meta already. Trend so far was removing the alts, not adding.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

-K. Rool
-Isaac
-Simon
-Chrom (as Roy echo)
-Isabelle

- Monster Hunter
- Terra (FF6)
- Sable Prince
- Shadow (Sonic Echo)
- Felix (Isaac Echo)

It's not a leak, but a rumor, and doesn't have any more legitimacy than any other text "leak". People skeptical of these kinds of rumors are not haters, they're being rational and cautious. But how did it get so many things right? There's a lot of characters on that list, more than I think will actually be in this game, and if you throw enough spaghetti at the wall, some will stick. By this logic, we should add Gothitelle and Paper Mario, since that rumor got Richter, K Rool, and Dark Samus right. And while I generally follow Verge and think he's more credible than most people do, I still have to be cautious, and him saying he was told Ken is in is not being confirmed. It puts Ken on my radar, but it's only confirmed after an official announcement or an obvious picture/video leak.

So yeah, just as credible as the Gothitelle leak in my eyes, i.e., not credible at all.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
It's not a leak, but a rumor, and doesn't have any more legitimacy than any other text "leak". People skeptical of these kinds of rumors are not haters, they're being rational and cautious. But how did it get so many things right? There's a lot of characters on that list, more than I think will actually be in this game, and if you throw enough spaghetti at the wall, some will stick. By this logic, we should add Gothitelle and Paper Mario, since that rumor got Richter, K Rool, and Dark Samus right. And while I generally follow Verge and think he's more credible than most people do, I still have to be cautious, and him saying he was told Ken is in is not being confirmed. It puts Ken on my radar, but it's only confirmed after an official announcement or an obvious picture/video leak.

So yeah, just as credible as the Gothitelle leak in my eyes, i.e., not credible at all.
The problem with this leak cycle is lack of relevant newcomers. We have all the really big names and given the ballot, the list of possbile characters is small.

The guy who guessed everyone and ridley is the only one with any cred.

Everyone else is looking to the past most requestes and trying to get famous.

After ridley, i was hoping for k rool. I did not qant dark samus or Simon, but with snake, i knew it was possible.

The possible list this time around is small. Everyone can pretend to be a leakee.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

I called the Neogaf rumor a rumor the entire time in my post. I mention leak once in the beginning due to the possibility of a possible LEAK getting confirmed with the next direct.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I definitely understand the skepticism, but the Brawl and 4 leaks were looked at the exact same way. As much as I'd want Dee, Geno, Banjo, Elma or Shantae in Smash, most people will call something fake because it doesn't have what they want on the roster.

I can tell you first hand that people said the same thing to the Brawl and smash 4 leakers, with many of the leakers responding immaturely only to be right in the end.

It's very likely Sakurai isn't only choosing from the Ballot. On one hand I'd love to believe he's tricking us about his "not too many more comment" and in the end will show us what we all want, but on the other hand, realism also comes into play. Sakurai can just up and pick whatever character he wants over Ballot choices.

This is probably the most realistic roster rumor I've seen yet, because it's not everyone's wishlist set of characters, nor does it conform to what people expect to see.
Soren ain't happening as a Robin clone, I can assure you of that. I'll believe this when I see him, otherwise nothing in this leak was hard to predict like Ridley or Simon.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
A shower thought about echoes-
Sakurai and his team are smarter than most give them credit for. After over 25 years of making games, I think Sakurai and his team would be more than able to calculate how many new characters his team could acomplish in the development cycle, assuming nothing went too wrong, and from there make a huge bucket list of potential clones(now called echoes) to work on. Obviously, 3rd partys like Richter, Shadow, Ken etc were put on top priority and then other popular characters like Chrom and Daisy followed. Not every fighter on Sakurais hypothetical Echo List will make it, but after 4 (5) Smash games, Skaurai probably thought early on "ok, well have X ammount of time after completing actual fighters, and therefore could squeze in about Y ammount of clones into the base game".

Tldr- Echos were probably planned from the start instead of last minute like other Smash entries, based on the new echo branding, presence of 3rd party echoes, and the sheer ammount of them.

Untouch

Smash Master
There is almost no way Galacta Knight is in, the alt colour for metaknight was changed to look even MORE like Galacta Knight where echos based on existing Alts (Chrom and Dark Samus) were totally removed.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
The problem with this leak cycle is lack of relevant newcomers. We have all the really big names and given the ballot, the list of possbile characters is small.

The guy who guessed everyone and ridley is the only one with any cred.

Everyone else is looking to the past most requestes and trying to get famous.

After ridley, i was hoping for k rool. I did not qant dark samus or Simon, but with snake, i knew it was possible.

The possible list this time around is small. Everyone can pretend to be a leakee.
Relevancy has little to do with anything in Smash. Regardless, most smash games reveal the most "relevant" characters in the beginning (Aka Inkling, Ridley, Simon and K. Rool) and always have. Usually the final characters and up being the most controversial and shocking. Just look up the final characters for Brawl and 4 and all of the threads complaining why those characters made it over "more deserving" ones. Which is exactly my point I'm trying to make.

People discredit RUMORS because it's not what they like.

Soren ain't happening as a Robin clone, I can assure you of that. I'll believe this when I see him, otherwise nothing in this leak was hard to predict like Ridley or Simon.
You can't assure me of anything, 50% of the fire emblem characters fight nothing like their canon games.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Tbh, I can kind of believe Soren. He's Ike's right hand man similar to Robin being Chrom's. He's not unpopular either even if he's not top 20 popular and does fit vaguely as a Robin echo.

I don't believe the leak, but I don't think Soren is quite as ridiculous as people think being the most popular lord of all time's version of Robin.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
A shower thought about echoes-
Sakurai and his team are smarter than most give them credit for. After over 25 years of making games, I think Sakurai and his team would be more than able to calculate how many new characters his team could acomplish in the development cycle, assuming nothing went too wrong, and from there make a huge bucket list of potential clones(now called echoes) to work on. Obviously, 3rd partys like Richter, Shadow, Ken etc were put on top priority and then other popular characters like Chrom and Daisy followed. Not every fighter on Sakurais hypothetical Echo List will make it, but after 4 (5) Smash games, Skaurai probably thought early on "ok, well have X ammount of time after completing actual fighters, and therefore could squeze in about Y ammount of clones into the base game".

Tldr- Echos were probably planned from the start instead of last minute like other Smash entries, based on the new echo branding, presence of 3rd party echoes, and the sheer ammount of them.
I also have a theory on echoes that can be attached. Sakurai makes a list of newcomers like he always does. Somewhere on that ist he encounters a problem. Maybe it's Isabelle, a highly popular and demanded character, or maybe it's wanting to add Richter over Simon. He just can't justify a unique moveset for them, plus knows how much workload there will be with all of the veterans. Then he gets the idea for echoes, based off what he did with Lucina and Dark Pit. Decides he can get more newcomers in too with the echo concept, newcomers that are fan favorites that might be easier to implement as clones.

Tldr - I agree that it wasn't an afterthought, Sakurai wanted to add as many popular newcomers from the start and came up with the concept of echoes early on based on not being sure how to implement a character like Isabelle or justify Simon and Richter as seperate characters.

D

Deleted member

You can't assure me of anything, 50% of the fire emblem characters fight nothing like their canon games.
I'm tired of people using Lucina and Chrom as examples when they literally do fight like in canon. Soren doesn't fit as a Robin echo and I refuse to believe thr "they gave him a dagger" excuse.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Relevancy has little to do with anything in Smash. Regardless, most smash games reveal the most "relevant" characters in the beginning (Aka Inkling, Ridley, Simon and K. Rool) and always have. Usually the final characters and up being the most controversial and shocking. Just look up the final characters for Brawl and 4 and all of the threads complaining why those characters made it over "more deserving" ones. Which is exactly my point I'm trying to make.

People discredit RUMORS because it's not what they like.

By your own statement, the first batch of reveals are usually obvious. So beleaving any leak at this time is pointless

Again, the list is small. We know they are pulling from the ballot. All it takes is looking at fan requests and polls to make a solid sounding leak.

Ridley guy is the only one with a shot.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hmmm...

Looking at the old reveals

Melee had the whole starting cast at once, including the very "WHAT?" Ice Climbers
Brawl had two Obvious ones (Wario, Meta Knight), one unusual one (Redesigned Pit) and two that no-one saw coming (Zero Suit Samus, Snake)
4 had one we had written off (Villager), one we would have put money on (Mega Man), and the WHAAAAA-est of WHAAAAA characters (Wii Fit)

This time we had one obvious (Inkling), one we had written off (Ridley) and one we hadn't seen coming (HII'MDAISY).

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I called the Neogaf rumor a rumor the entire time in my post. I mention leak once in the beginning due to the possibility of a possible LEAK getting confirmed with the next direct.
Point taken--I saw "has leak credibility" as being more definitive than the rest of the post was worded. It's still good to clarify the difference, but you made that difference clear.

I too can't wait for the next Direct as there's a lot of anxiety surrounding what could potentially be revealed, and skepticism, particularly of rumors we think could be right, helps prevent future disappointment if it's wrong. It's why I try my best to be cautious of Verge, while giving rumors like this a second or third look (the only character I personally care about is Shadow). However, no matter how much I read it, it doesn't provide anything that any other text leak does. It doesn't have anything crazy like the Gothitelle leak, but a cold, sober reading shows they're virtually identical, evidence wise.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I'm tired of people using Lucina and Chrom as examples when they literally do fight like in canon. Soren doesn't fit as a Robin echo and I refuse to believe thr "they gave him a dagger" excuse.

Canon Lucina is not a swift fencer like Marth. Canon Ike is much faster than his smash counter part. They do not fight like their smash counterparts. Many smash characters don't. And that's fine. The fact that people can handle Ganondorf fighting like Falcon (and still retaining most of this moveset after nearly 20 years)but can't handle Soren having a small dagger is baffling to me.

But people believe what they want. I personally think the Neogaf rumor COULD be true, especially because people are so adamant on the Soren thing.

Of course I'll eat my words if it's not. Really don't care, just find it interesting since it HASNT been deconfirmed yet (even if Soren and Galacta Knight are cases against it.)

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Hmmm...

Melee had the whole starting cast at once, including the very "WHAT?" Ice Climbers
Brawl had two Obvious ones (Wario, Meta Knight), one unusual one (Redesigned Pit) and two that no-one saw coming (Zero Suit Samus, Snake)
4 had one we had written off (Villager), one we would have put money on (Mega Man), and the WHAAAAA-est of WHAAAAA characters (Wii Fit)

This time we had one obvious (Inkling), one we had written off (Ridley) and one we hadn't seen coming (HII'MDAISY).
Actually it's been

One obvious (Inkling), two we had written off (King K Rool, Ridley), one we would have put money on (Simon), and yet no WHAAA character... I'm still thinking it should be Deathborn since out of every big bad in Smash, he would be the WHAAA-est of them all.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Hmmm...

Which is why first guy is the only credible leaker. After the concept of "we can have discarded now given Ridley " and "samey characters like daisy is a thing now."

We all have been running over the same list if characters.

Rex and pyra.
Elma
Bandanna dee
Isaac

The list is the same for everyone.

Canon Lucina is not a swift fencer like Marth. Canon Ike is much faster than his smash counter part. They do not fight like their smash counterparts. Many smash characters don't. And that's fine. The fact that people can handle Ganondorf fighting like Falcon (and still retaining most of this moveset after nearly 20 years)but can't handle Soren having a small dagger is baffling to me.

But people believe what they want. I personally think the Neogaf rumor COULD be true, especially because people are so adamant on the Soren thing.

Of course I'll eat my words if it's not. Really don't care, just find it interesting since it HASNT been deconfirmed yet (even if Soren and Galacta Knight are cases against it.)
Given the galacta knight alt, i would say it is dead. Preisdent is removing those ts, not adding them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom