• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
We're not getting actual picture or video leaks this early, the game is shut so tightly behind closed doors right now, there's just no chance of it happening, the only ones who are seeing the full thing atm are high ranking people within the development and translation teams. If we ever do get something like it it'll be close to release when the game is doing the rounds in the media, getting rated and so on, which might not be worth anything at that point as there's a good chance they'll have revealed the full roster before then.

D

Deleted member

Frankly it's entire subjectively. I found Brawls Roster rather boring while I found Smash 4 far more interesting all around. It just depends what characters you prefer and what exactly hypes people up on an individual basis.
Totally. Smash Wii U definitely was a mix of expected and completely unexpected and unconventional choices, which I know people really liked. I personally just don't really get excited for a newcomer unless it's something I already wanted or is a character I have some nostalgia for. That's just me, though; I think it's super awesome that people like other kinds of characters. :)

What about Mega Man’s ranking placement?
Shoot, I forgot to add him! I'll go edit my post; he's probably around the middle for me in that list.

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
Mario Kart 9 should just be Nintendo Kart....

I mean they already added Link, Inklings, Animal Crossing in.
The biggest offender here is that Captain Falcon is still missing -____-
Give me Falcon; stop being backwards Nintendo. Still surprised they added characters not in the Mario Universe.

Last edited:

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
i wanted to discuss a few of the things i noticed in the gaemplay from the nintendo uk gameplay.
1. bowser and a few other heavies may have armored smash attacks
2. the cloud limit change is incredibke matches with him will be a lot more aggression and a lot less waiting.
3. shiek... dear god shiek. what i think gets glazed over right now, is how signifigant it is sheik received a 1v1 damage boost. everything else form 4 is still there.
4. go play smash 4 right now and enjoy recovering because outside of shiek and a few others you will struggle to comeback onstage
5. villager got his balloons popped 1v1 twice in a game thats not released yet. he is in for a bad time in the future.
Sheik has pre-patch bair and bouncing fish can kill a character like squirtle at 79% a little past the ledge now :D
My main is back.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
You think blue hair is a problem?

:ultlink: Don't :ultsheik: even :ultlucas: get :ultrosalina: me :ultsimon:started :ultpeach:on :ultzelda: all :ultzss: of :ultshulk: the :ulttoonlink: blonds. :ultyounglink:
does pikachu and pichu count theyre technically blond right?
:ultcloud::ultlink::ultlucas::ultpeach::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultrosalina::ultsheik::ultshulk::ultsimon::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultzelda::ultsamus:/:ultzss:- Blondes (15, 14 if you out the two Samus...es...together)
:ultfalco::ultike::ultlucario::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultchrom::ultsonic::4alph::4larry::4ludwig:- Blues (10)
:ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultganondorf::ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultroy:- Redheads (6)
:ultbayonetta::ultlittlemac::ultmegaman:(varies):ultness::ultdarkpit::ultryu:- Black (6)
:ultfalcon::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultduckhunt:(The Dog Peepers):ulticeclimbers::ultluigi::ultmario:/:ultdoc::ultmegaman:(varies):ultolimar::ultpit::ultpokemontrainer::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultvillager::ultwario:- Brown (16)
:ultcorrin::4corrinf::ultrobin:4robinf:- White (4)
:ultwiifittrainer::4wiifitm::ultwolf:- Gray (3)
:ultpalutena::4iggy:- Green (2)
:ultduckhunt::ultfox:(The Duck Quackers):4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4lemmy:-multi 6)
:ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultgnw::ultpacman::ultridley::ultrob::ultdarksamus::ultyoshi::4roy::4wendy::4morton::charizard::squirtle::ivysaur:- no hair (17)
80 playable characters counting different character alts...wow

That’s a lot of differemt hair color variety with there being more people with brown hair or no hair

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master

Give me Falcon; stop being backwards Nintendo. Still surprised they added characters not in the Mario Universe.
Speaking of which, I feel like 200cc should be the new standard for higher difficulty for Mario Kart. Maybe remove 50cc altogether and make 100cc the easy mode. Then 150cc for medium. And 200cc for hard.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
:ultcloud::ultlink::ultlucas::ultpeach::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultrosalina::ultsheik::ultshulk::ultsimon::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultzelda::ultsamus:/:ultzss:- Blondes (15, 14 if you out the two Samus...es...together)
:ultfalco::ultike::ultlucario::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultchrom::ultsonic::4alph:- Blues (8)
:ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultganondorf::ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultroy::4larry::4ludwig:- Redheads (8)
:ultbayonetta::ultlittlemac::ultmegaman:(varies):ultness::ultdarkpit::ultryu:- Black (6)
:ultfalcon::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultduckhunt:(The Dog Peepers):ulticeclimbers::ultluigi::ultmario:/:ultdoc::ultmegaman:(varies):ultolimar::ultpit::ultpokemontrainer::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultvillager::ultwario:- Brown (16)
:ultduckhunt::ultfox:(The Duck Quackers):4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4lemmy:-multi 6)
:ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultgnw::ultpacman::ultridley::ultrob::ultdarksamus::ultyoshi::4roy::4wendy::4morton::charizard::squirtle::ivysaur:- no hair (17)

That’s a lot of differemt hair color variety with there being more people with brown hair or no hair
To be honest, that distribution makes some sense, Especially if you conflate blue and black. ) Brown and Black being more common than blond, both being more common than red, and both being more common than White).

Also, as a cat-thing, wouldn't Mewtwo technically be white-haired?

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
:ultfalco::ultike::ultlucario::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultchrom::ultsonic::4alph:- Blues (8)
:ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultganondorf::ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultroy::4larry::4ludwig:- Redheads (8)

Pretty sure Larry and Ludwig have BLUE hair, not RED.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Are you colorblind?
Pretty sure Larry and Ludwig have BLUE hair, not RED.
I done ooh...and yes I’m color blind (what’s to be expected looking at multiple icons, I’m only a human whom wants to contribute nothing to this world)
To be honest, that distribution makes some sense, Especially if you conflate blue and black. ) Brown and Black being more common than blond, both being more common than red, and both being more common than White).

I wasn’t quite sure where to put Mewtwo, so I placed him in the hairless group

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Ok, let's brainstorm that, we'll have half the tracks from Classic Mario Kart and half from other Nintendo games

16 new Tracks

Pokeball Cup

Onett Streets
Kartville
Garden of Hope
Safari Zone

Rupee Cup

Skyworld
Castle Defence (Fire Emblem)
Venus Lighthouse
Hyrule Field

Screw Attack Cup

Mechonis
Venom
Port Town
Impact Crater (Metroid Prime)

Smash Ball Cup

Game and Watch Gallery
Icicle Mountain
Living Room
Final Destination

How's that?

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'm so mad you beat me to her. Great work!
Thanks! (I did Tifa ages ago, as part of my first batch)

I keep forgetting to put characters in my Sig... I really should get on that.
Wait...Mew has hair??
Pretty sure Mew has hair, at least in the Anime. Mewtwo was cloned from Mew's hair or something in his movie.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ok, let's brainstorm that, we'll have half the tracks from Classic Mario Kart and half from other Nintendo games

16 new Tracks

Pokeball Cup

Onett Streets
Kartville
Garden of Hope
Safari Zone

Rupee Cup

Skyworld
Castle Defence (Fire Emblem)
Venus Lighthouse
Hyrule Field

Screw Attack Cup

Mechonis
Venom
Port Town
Impact Crater (Metroid Prime)

Smash Ball Cup

Game and Watch Gallery
Icicle Mountain
Living Room
Final Destination

How's that?
Do we really need a Smash-themed track like FD when it's literally just a singular platform? Also the lack of Kirby tracks disgusts me.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
If Mario Kart gets any more franchise crossover characters, Star Fox, Metroid, and F-Zero would all fit very well.

Star Fox I feel offers the most variety. Fox and/or Falco could both be playable, the Arwing and Landmaster could be made into karts, and the Walker could possibly be turned into a bike. Not to mention the plethora of places in the Lylat System for a Star Fox track to take place in.

Metroid would likely just have Samus and her ship. The Metroid series also has a ton of places where a track could take place.

Lastly, we already have two F-Zero tracks and the Blue Falcon as a kart. We just need Captain Falcon himself at this point.

LetterO

Smash Lord

Mario Kart Ultimate. Everyone is here! Even from the arcade ones.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Unpopular opinion but I agree, call me petty all you want but I still kinda dislike 4’s newcomer line-up a bit because it felt like it was scraping the bottom of the barrel since most of them felt like advertisements (:ultgreninja::ultlucina:) being recent at the time while many popular and expected requests were shoved aside back then which was not just the scaly duo but also choices like Issac, Bandana Dee etc, there were plenty I was happy for but still.

Melee probably had the worst newcomer line-up save for a few since half of it’s characters weren’t All Stars in the slightest.(:ultsheik::ultroy: etc)

Maybe it’s fond memories of the Dojo, but Brawl to this day imo has the best newcomer roster so far unless Ultimate’s final newcomer line-up can beat it.
It's kind of ironic that you put Greninja and Lucina as unpopular, bottom-of-the-barrel advertisements considering both of them were incredibly popular in the Pokémon and Fire Emblem fandoms long before they got into Smash.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh, I know, it's just that Mewtwo is cloned from a creature that does have hair.
Remember that Mew and Mewtwo are not just cats, but cat fetuses.

I also believe their was an interview where the creatures of Pokken said they worked closely with Pokemon's artist to figure out the proper textures to use for each 'mon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom