• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ok wait wait wait

how the HELL did Mario survive all of that?
All of those 1up mushrooms definitely help...that, Peach, and Money
People always forget that Mario had his head stomped like a grape.

They're fine though, like... they have 1-Up mushrooms for a reason.
That’s why being a Mario character is the best insurance policy
Well, Samus recovered from that.

Pit also got flung away by Palutena, which may or may not have over-charged his Power of Flight.
Good thing his wings didn’t burn off and he’s still a better fighter than Palutena

KMDP

Smash Legend
Man, don't let your waifu be dreams, it can happen!....if you get a fanbase the size of K.Rool and another ballot was made but hey! Hopes & dreams can bring alot if you believe enough!:4ness:
Sakurai would be very confused.

Sakurai: "Why is this nobody Axe Fighter from Fire Emblem getting so many votes?"
I was under the assumption that it goes without say that he should be in.

Speaking of which it would be nice if F-Zero turned into an open world action (with racing) game where actually:ultfalcon: is a bounty hunter and beats people up.
#MakeFalconPunchCanon

...Well, more canon than it already is.

D

Deleted member

I know I'm late to comment on this as most of the discussion on it was yesterday, but my thoughts on the Smash Wii U roster is that it's...odd.

I don't hate Wii U's roster, buuuut I'm not totally in love with it either. I liked the characters fine enough, but none of them minus Villager, Greninja, Palutena and Robin got me hyped. And Smash 4's DLC cast was...uh...well, I liked getting Mewtwo and Lucas back! I guess I was one of those people who were hoping franchises like Zelda and Metroid would finally get something new. And while I wasn't aware of who he was until the Smash ballot started and his support made me wanna play more DK games, I was pretty bummed at the time that K. Rool never got in. I was also super salty about the Inklings, but I fully admit it was my fault for overhyping myself lol.

I know I've ranked them before, but after thinking about it again and remembering how I honestly feel about the game now, this is probably how I'd rank Wii U's newcomers for me:

:4villager::4palutena::4greninja::4robinm::4bowserjr::rosalina::4megaman::4littlemac::4lucina::4cloud::4pacman::4mii::4shulk::4duckhunt::4ryu::4wiifit::4darkpit::4bayonetta:

Honestly, I was expecting to be wowed by Wii U's roster like I was Brawl's. Brawl had an insane roster for me, and that's part of the reason I love that game as much as I do. Things like this are subjective, though, as I'm sure there are plenty here who love Wii U's roster. Just because it didn't do a lot for me doesn't mean it didn't do something for someone else. I know it made Mega Man fans super happy, ha ha.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I was under the assumption that it goes without say that he should be in.

Speaking of which it would be nice if F-Zero turned into an open world action (with racing) game where actually:ultfalcon: is a bounty hunter and beats people up.
F-Zero: Breath of the Wild :p

I think that's both a good and bad idea, because if you combined them into one then it pretty much forces you to play as only Falcon when you have a gajillion number of playable racers.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I know I'm late to comment on this as most of the discussion on it was yesterday, but my thoughts on the Smash Wii U roster is that it's...odd.

I don't hate Wii U's roster, buuuut I'm not totally in love with it either. I liked the characters fine enough, but none of them minus Villager, Greninja, Palutena and Robin got me hyped. And Smash 4's DLC cast was...uh...well, I liked getting Mewtwo and Lucas back! I guess I was one of those people who were hoping franchises like Zelda and Metroid would finally get something new. And while I wasn't aware of who he was until the Smash ballot started and his support made me wanna play more DK games, I was pretty bummed at the time that K. Rool never got in. I was also super salty about the Inklings, but I fully admit it was my fault for overhyping myself lol.

I know I've ranked them before, but after thinking about it again and remembering how I honestly feel about the game now, this is probably how I'd rank Wii U's newcomers for me:

:4villager::4palutena::4greninja::4robinm::4bowserjr::rosalina::4littlemac::4lucina::4cloud::4pacman::4mii::4shulk::4duckhunt::4ryu::4wiifit::4darkpit::4bayonetta:

Honestly, I was expecting to be wowed by Wii U's roster like I was Brawl's. Brawl had an insane roster for me, and that's part of the reason I love that game as much as I do. Things like this are subjective, though, as I'm sure there are plenty here who love Wii U's roster. Just because it didn't do a lot for me doesn't mean it didn't do something for someone else. I know it made Mega Man fans super happy, ha ha.
Frankly it's entire subjectively. I found Brawls Roster rather boring while I found Smash 4 far more interesting all around. It just depends what characters you prefer and what exactly hypes people up on an individual basis.

Last edited:

Buzzwole

Smash Ace

garbage or no?
I've said it before and I'll say it again-
If someone is in a position where they're able to take a picture of the game, they aren't going to take such an absolutely awful picture. Period.
When we got the Smash 4 ESRB leak, there was no doubt about its legitimacy because we got clear, concise, straight to the point images.

Even if you had to take the picture in secret, you'd be able to get a better shot than that.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Charlotte may be the big "In your dreams" FE character for some.

I really want Nephenee though.
- lance user
- green hair
- not a Lord
- not 3DS
- female

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
If someone is in a position where they're able to take a picture of the game, they aren't going to take such an absolutely awful picture. Period.
When we got the Smash 4 ESRB leak, there was no doubt about its legitimacy because we got clear, concise, straight to the point images.

Even if you had to take the picture in secret, you'd be able to get a better shot than that.
>ESRB leak
>Clear and concise

Choose one.

The ESRB leak was somewhat clear, but there was definitely room to doubt it. Hence why we got arguments like "Shulk is a photoshopped Little Mac" and "Game & Watch's arm extends into Wario's box."

Standlord

Smash Cadet
As someone who used to hate Incineroar (and still kind of) I have to say that, the reason I didn't want Incineroar in smash is only because his design. He is "Tony the tiger" and I didn't like most of Game Freak's design decisions in S/M. I guess I'm a guy who likes to complaint about the stuff I don't like. But I have to say that I've been changing my mind about his inclusion in smash and I do think he could be a very fun character if done appropriately, so I think I'll accept him if in the end he is the chosen one.

However I'd still take Decidueye anytime before him, or even Tapu Koko. The thing about Decidueye that people seem to be forgetting when talking about him is that he is not only a grass archer with wings, he is a ghost. It's something completely new. The possibilities that type alone gives him is something I'd like to see.

Just don't put ultrabeast in my smash, please Sakurai.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

:4villager::4palutena::4greninja::4robinm::4bowserjr::rosalina::4littlemac::4lucina::4cloud::4pacman::4mii::4shulk::4duckhunt::4ryu::4wiifit::4darkpit::4bayonetta:

What about Mega Man’s ranking placement?

- lance user
- green hair
- not a Lord
- not 3DS
- female

i would like and accept her...only know her thanks to Heroes, but she’s a great fighter (if only she wasnt so shy like)
>ESRB leak
>Clear and concise

Choose one.

The ESRB leak was somewhat clear, but there was definitely room to doubt it. Hence why we got arguments like "Shulk is a photoshopped Little Mac" and "Game & Watch's arm extends into Wario's box."
that Little Mac/Shulk comparison was so silly

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You think blue hair is a problem?

:ultlink: Don't :ultsheik: even :ultlucas: get :ultrosalina: me :ultsimon:started :ultpeach:on :ultzelda: all :ultzss: of :ultshulk: the :ultcloud: blonds :ulttoonlink: dude. :ultyounglink:
does pikachu and pichu count theyre technically blond right?

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Also no heavy in the game as a 'beam' which would be a nice spacing tool.

Nope.

rob-laser-beams_00053263.jpg

No heavy characters with beams. None at all.

In seriousness it may be worth beginning to consider ROB as a bit of a grappler in this new game. Sure, he has traded the super armour for a more potent zoning game instead, but given the potential strength of his new Down Throw it's likely that his game plan begins to revolve much more heavily around it.

It makes for a very weird juxtaposition of a character who simultaneously wants to be nowhere near you, but also close enough to land a grab.

KMDP

Smash Legend

- lance user
- green hair
- not a Lord
- not 3DS
- female

But to the Japanese, Green and Blue are pretty much the same thing. :troll:

The Japanese word for Green (Midori), is actually a relatively recent thing, I believe. Until they introduced the word, they used the same word for Green as they did Blue (Ao/Aoi).

It's not impossible, the Ancient Greeks called Blue "Bronze" for some reason.
---
Re: Charlotte being in my wanted list.

Everyone else on my list (Isaac, Agumon, Tifa, Tails, Shadow, Vaati, Medusa, Celica, Hector, Black Knight, Gardevoir) at least make sense from the standpoint that they are actually main characters of the game(s) they come from (except Gardevoir, who's a Pokémon and therefore doesn't necessarily need to be a "main character" to be included).

The only thing that makes Charlotte notable is that she's the first female Axe Fighter in the series. That's it... :laugh:
Note: And by "Axe Fighter" I mean the class, there's been plenty of Female Axe-wielders in Fire Emblem.

:4cloud:was the hypest reveal for me.
Followed by :4palutena::4robinm::4corrin:
Then :4littlemac::4ryu::4lucina:
Then everyone else

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero

I think that's both a good and bad idea, because if you combined them into one then it pretty much forces you to play as only Falcon when you have a gajillion number of playable racers.
Could make it where you could play as multiple characters good and bad.

It just seems like a waste to have so many good designs only for them to go unseen for the most part.

:ultlink: Don't :ultsheik: even :ultlucas: get :ultrosalina: me:ultsimon:started :ultpeach:on :ultzelda: all :ultzss: of :ultshulk: the :ultcloud: blonds :ulttoonlink: dude. :ultyounglink:
:ultinkling: can become a blonde.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Could make it where you could play as multiple characters good and bad.

It just seems like a waste to have so many good designs only for them to go unseen for the most part.
I got you.

F-Zero Adventure 2: Battle.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319

Unpopular opinion but I agree, call me petty all you want but I still kinda dislike 4’s newcomer line-up a bit because it felt like it was scraping the bottom of the barrel since most of them felt like advertisements (:ultgreninja::ultlucina:) being recent at the time while many popular and expected requests were shoved aside back then which was not just the scaly duo but also choices like Issac, Bandana Dee etc, there were plenty I was happy for but still.

Melee probably had the worst newcomer line-up save for a few since half of it’s characters weren’t All Stars in the slightest.(:ultsheik::ultroy: etc)

Maybe it’s fond memories of the Dojo, but Brawl to this day imo has the best newcomer roster so far unless Ultimate’s final newcomer line-up can beat it.

Last edited:

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
I think it’s great that we can use the amiibo’s to unlock characters. I have a few like PAC-Man, Zelda, Pikmin and others.

I Guess I’ll have to go amiibo hunting this time... rip wallet

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Just wondering, have we seen any of the Kalos league transformations?
We've seen the default and the non-legendary version of the Dragon Variant.

Blaziken hasn't been seen in game yet if that's what the issue is.

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
Wii U Roster to Me (Gaps = drop of excitement)
1.:ultcloud:

2. :ultrosalina:
3.:ultryu:
4.:ultrobin / :ultbayonetta:

5.:ultpalutena:
6.:ultbowserjr:
7.:ultpacman:
8.:ultcorrin:

9.:ultgreninja:
10.:ultmegaman:
11.:ultlittlemac:
12.:ultshulk:
13.:ultvillager:
14.:ultwiifittrainer:
15.:ultduckhunt:

16.:ultlucina:
17.:ultdarkpit:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

I agre-

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord

Wait does the positioning of those characters not make any sense to anyone else? Why would Skull Kid, Bandana Dee and Inceneraor be positioned next to each other and not with the other reps from their series?

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
:4cloud:was the hypest reveal for me.
Followed by :4palutena::4robinm::4corrin:
Then :4littlemac::4ryu::4lucina:
Then everyone else
Hypest reveal for me was when they randomly gave us Pokémon Trainer back in Brawl. No major trailers or anything, but I loved the concept. Honesly Squirtle and Ivysaur coming back is a hype level comparable to K. Rool and Ridley for me.
Sonic also hyped me a lot. I’m really wishing that his #2 will also finally get in since I always preferred Tails.

For Sm4sh, Robin’s trailer was one of the hypest for me. Just seeing Falcon come back was great, and the artstyle was incredible. I also really liked Paly’s anime reveal, but most of that was that I liked seeing Link kick Pit’s ***.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
>ESRB leak
>Clear and concise

Choose one.

I found both of those arguments to be ridiculous. I was convinced the second I saw it. It was miles ahead of any other supposed leak we'd seen up to that point. Then we got video footage and after that I don't see how anyone could have doubted it.

:ultlink: Don't :ultsheik: even :ultlucas: get :ultrosalina: me :ultsimon:started :ultpeach:on :ultzelda: all :ultzss: of :ultshulk: the :ultcloud: blonds :ulttoonlink: dude. :ultyounglink:
I think the problem people have with "blue hair" is that they all come from the same franchise and are all realistically proportioned humanoid characters.
A lot of the blonde characters you listed vary widely in terms of art-style, size, proportions, etc.

Last edited:

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman

Huh, never even thought of so many blonds in Smash. Well, Pikachu & Pichu dont have hair like these humans but have fur so yes they would be blond fur characters.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Hypest reveal for me was when they randomly gave us Pokémon Trainer back in Brawl. No major trailers or anything, but I loved the concept. Honesly Squirtle and Ivysaur coming back is a hype level comparable to K. Rool and Ridley for me.
Sonic also hyped me a lot. I’m really wishing that his #2 will also finally get in since I always preferred Tails.

For Sm4sh, Robin’s trailer was one of the hypest for me. Just seeing Falcon come back was great, and the artstyle was incredible. I also really liked Paly’s anime reveal, but most of that was that I liked seeing Link kick Pit’s ***.
Well, when I say Cloud was the hypest reveal, that's only relative to Smash 4.

Sonic was pretty up there for me, as was Lucario.

Untouch

Smash Master
I was really excited for little mac, even though he was basically the safest guess possible at the time.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Re: all the blondes.

Everyone knows Blondes have more fun.

And that Gentlemen prefer them.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord

You forgot Default Mii Swordfighter, how dare you. :p
I actually had to check just now to make sure which of the three Miis was the one with blonde hair, though, TBH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom