• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Hate to distract from the current debate, but I'm a bit bored and just thought I'd get people's opinions....or in more common board terms...Play a Game.
I just want to see what people would choose given the following restrictions: 4 first-party Newcomers, 1 third-party newcomer that HASN'T been highly requested yet (Geno, Shadow, Bajo-Kazooie), 2 Echoes for already confirmed characters.

For me, it would be:

(1st party Newcomers)
1. Skull Kid
2. Pheramosa/Buzzwole (working as a duo that switch out similarly to how Pokemon Trainer switches out Pokemon)
3. Hades
4. Magikoopa/Kamek (I grew up with him named Magikoopa, so I just put both names)

(3rd Party Newcomer)
5. Neku Sakuraba (would be a great, blindsided SE rep for the community lol)

(Echoes)
6. Dry Bowser (For Bowser....obviously lol)
7. Medusa (For Palutena; switch out some moves for Palutena's old customs as the data is still available and only aesthetic change would be needed)
1st Party Newcomer
Elma
Gardevoir
Fjorm
Rex and Pyra

3rd Party Newcomer
Amaterasu (Okami)

Echoes
Impa (Sheik echo)
Dixie (Diddy echo)

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I still think we're getting 6 more characters, 3 of each. Geno, Skull Kid and a Gen 7 Pokemon Rep, alongside Ken, Isabelle and Shadow.

Then we'll also have some boss fights.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

The most damning part is someone who has actually datamined both Brawl and Smash4 shows how the 'their names were translated!' in the code is completely bull****.
If this is correct then by all means then

But however leak or not Gardevoir actually is still possible even before the leak even existed

Especially since Gardevoir is still missing in action and is a popular gen 3 Pokémon and based on the ballot we want a gen 3 pokemon playable

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Hate to distract from the current debate, but I'm a bit bored and just thought I'd get people's opinions....or in more common board terms...Play a Game.
I just want to see what people would choose given the following restrictions: 4 first-party Newcomers, 1 third-party newcomer that HASN'T been highly requested yet (Geno, Shadow, Bajo-Kazooie), 2 Echoes for already confirmed characters.

For me, it would be:

(1st party Newcomers)
1. Skull Kid
2. Pheramosa/Buzzwole (working as a duo that switch out similarly to how Pokemon Trainer switches out Pokemon)
3. Hades
4. Magikoopa/Kamek (I grew up with him named Magikoopa, so I just put both names)

(3rd Party Newcomer)

(Echoes)
7. Medusa (For Palutena; switch out some moves for Palutena's old customs as the data is still available and only aesthetic change would be needed)
First party newcomers:
1) Mike Jones
2) Vaati
3) Nester/Lark
4) Bandana Dee

Rarely requested 3rd party:
5) Bonk

Echoes for existing:
6) Impa (Sheik echo with some greninja moves)
7) Someone did two Pokémon as a duck hunt echo. I loved that. A dog and a bird.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Starting tomorrow, you could post a countdown list with all the stages we currently know are in the game until Smash Ultimate releases. It'll be 103 days til' the game releases.

BTW is IntelliHeath1 IntelliHeath1 going to do another countdown thing for release perhaps like they did for E3?

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
If this is correct then by all means then

But however leak or not Gardevoir actually is still possible even before the leak even existed

Especially since Gardevoir is still missing in action and is a popular gen 3 Pokémon and based on the ballot we want a gen 3 pokemon playable
Need a source on ballot = gen 3 Pokemon. In most polls done around that time no gen 3 Pokemon, not even Sceptile, made it anywhere near the top.

Or at least I haven't seen one. We shouldn't assume we will get a Gen 3 Pokemon because of the ballot when there isn't even evidence any Gen 3 Pokemon did well in the ballot.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Need a source on ballot = gen 3 Pokemon. In most polls done around that time no gen 3 Pokemon, not even Sceptile, made it anywhere near the top.

Or at least I haven't seen one. We shouldn't assume we will get a Gen 3 Pokemon because of the ballot when there isn't even evidence any Gen 3 Pokemon did well in the ballot.
Pretty much this.

Yes, Gardevoir is legit highly popular. Doesn't mean anything for the ballot, though. That's not actual useful data.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

What I’m saying here is there’s a chance a lot of the votes involved the word to present for this gen but I do agree though

Besides sceptile is highly requested right? And Gardevoir is still missing in action.

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion
Ah, yes. Gardevoir is the first Pokemon to hold a certain, ahem, honor...one it shares with Lucario, Mawile and Lopunny (who all coincidentially got Megas too...)
megas were given out for a combination of 3 reasons: fan demand, pokemon company had a design they wanted to use, or to push a pokemon back into competitive play. Gardevior was all 3 reaons. lopunny was design only (its a two-stage evolution pokemon with lackluster stats and a great movepool.) Mawhilewa pushed for competitive reasons. As a steel fairy, it helped put a dent in dragons running wild in tournament play. lucario was also all 3 and lucario is in smash so we all know how big it is.
and you just gonna ignore the more important half of the argument?

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
What I’m saying here is there’s a chance a lot of the votes involved the word to present for this gen but I do agree though

Besides sceptile is highly requested right? And Gardevoir is still missing in action.
I don't think any Pokemon did well enough on the ballot to be recognized is my point.

No poll done on the ballot shows Pokemon scoring high, because at the end of the day Sceptile, Gardevoir, or any other Gen 3 Pokemon is not as popular as the likes of Inkling, King K. Rool, Ridley, Geno, Isaac etc
I've been keeping an Excel sheet because I'm an Excel thot.

64: 5 left
Melee: 9 left
Brawl: 10 left
Smash 4: 12 left

Total: 36 left
At about 3 a week (which is roughly the average right? Where's the guy who has been tracking that lol) we can expect about 10 more newcomers, which is basically what I'm expecting.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If we do get 10 more newcomers INCLUDING echoes, here’s what I’m expecting.

Uniques: 6
1. Elma
2. Chorus Kids
3. Bandana Dee
4. Isaac
5. Gen 7 Pokémon
6. New Square Enix Rep (Neku?)

Echoes: 4
1. Isabelle
2. Ken
3. Dixie
4. Either Impa or Shadow

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars

For me, it would be:

(1st party Newcomers)
1. Skull Kid
3. Hades

(3rd Party Newcomer)

(Echoes)
1st Party
Elma (topical)
Tiki
Mona or Captain Syrup
Sami

3rd Party
KOS-MOS, not even a question

Echoes
Ninten over Ness
Dixie over Diddy

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Newcomer game again? 10 this time.

Unique:

1. Lloyd Irving
2. Heihachi
3. Skull Kid
4. Geno
5. Incineroar
6. Bandana Dee

Echo:

1. Hilda
2. Isabelle
3. Ken
4. Black Knight

Pacman High Tier

Smash Cadet
NNID
judetheloon
Switch FC
SW-4116-2252-3537
I'm just wondering how all the announcements will be spread out - if there are any lesser known characters maybe they will just get trailers put on YouTube without whole directs. I remember Pacman's trailer not being in a direct and being announced pretty nonchalantly, but I could be wrong. Ten characters in four months... Hm.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm just wondering how all the announcements will be spread out - if there are any lesser known characters maybe they will just get trailers put on YouTube without whole directs. I remember Pacman's trailer not being in a direct and being announced pretty nonchalantly, but I could be wrong. Ten characters in four months... Hm.
Pac-man wasn't revealed during a direct but he was revealed during E3. I don't think they'll just release a trailer without an announcement before hand. At the very least, they'll probably announce a livestream ahead of time like they did for Robin's trailer.

kylexv

Smash Master
Hm. So , if there are indeed 10 more newcomers...

68. Skull Kid
69. Isaac
70. Incineroar
71. Elma
72. Geno

16e. Impa
36e. Dixie Kong
38e. Shadow
45e. Isabelle
60e. Ken

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Do you have a link/screenshot to the leak? You've got me intrigued.
Here you go

I still think this leak is pretty likely lol. This actually matches pretty well with the ten more characters thing that just happened. 9 and 10 are the same number basically

oh and here's what the roster might look like, no smartass jokes about the question mark please

tibby is there because nobody knows who the rhythm heaven quote is referring to

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Pac-man wasn't revealed during a direct but he was revealed during E3. I don't think they'll just release a trailer without an announcement before hand. At the very least, they'll probably announce a livestream ahead of time like they did for Robin's trailer.
Pac-Man was announced during an event at E3 that wasn't even shown to the public. I still remember being so sure we wouldn't get any reveal during said event.

Rayman001

Smash Cadet
The stupidest thing about the chair theory isn't even that people believe it.

It's the people that don't believe it still won't even if Skull Kid is revealed next when paired with the fact the barrel and rope ladder might have been for K Rool.

That's even crazier to me and fits right in with the track record of this community.
I'm sorry, but if the barrel and ladder weren't a hint, then what do you think it was?

Just his actual office? No, why would there be a barrel and ladder in an office, it has to be staged for the announcement.
Just stuff randomly thrown together? No, because then the background would've been the same in the 8/8 Direct, the backgrounds in the Smash 4 Directs were all the same, no reason to change stuff, it would just create unnecessary work.

Until now, I've been in the "barrels were a tease" camp since I can't see another explanation for why they're there and I'd love to know why people are so adamant about it meaning nothing. Don't believe the Skull Kid thing just yet, but this just made sense to me.

Sorry if this doesn't fit in the current discussion, I just made an account a few days ago and have been reading old comments and not the new stuff, but this is something I would really like an answer to, more than anything else in the 100+ pages I read.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm sorry, but if the barrel and ladder weren't a hint, then what do you think it was?

Just his actual office? No, why would there be a barrel and ladder in an office, it has to be staged for the announcement.
Just stuff randomly thrown together? No, because then the background would've been the same in the 8/8 Direct, the backgrounds in the Smash 4 Directs were all the same, no reason to change stuff, it would just create unnecessary work.

Until now, I've been in the "barrels were a tease" camp since I can't see another explanation for why they're there and I'd love to know why people are so adamant about it meaning nothing. Don't believe the Skull Kid thing just yet, but this just made sense to me.

Sorry if this doesn't fit in the current discussion, I just made an account a few days ago and have been reading old comments and not the new stuff, but this is something I would really like an answer to, more than anything else in the 100+ pages I read.
I think he was saying it was a hint.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
How come no one has considered the possibility of Lillie & Nebby being the next Pokemon newcomer(s)? Lillie is extremely popular in Japan and has the whole "Get in the bag" meme with Nebby. She could work well as a Rosalina & Luma kind of character. I'd still rather have Sceptile or Decidueye as the next Pokemon rep, but I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up getting these characters instead.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Yeah like, that stuff has to be set up deliberately. A couch that just happens to match Skull Kid's color scheme being paired with chairs that are colored like Tatl and Tael? Seems way too perfect to be a coincidence IMO.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam

For me, it would be:

(1st party Newcomers)
1. Skull Kid
3. Hades

(3rd Party Newcomer)

(Echoes)
1. Lycanroc
2. Bandana Dee
3. Ayumi Tachibana
4. Skull Kid

5. Mega Man X

6. Isabelle (for Villager)
7. Shadow (for Sonic)

Rayman001

Smash Cadet
I think he was saying it was a hint.
Oh right. I've been reading that comment multiple times and still got it wrong. Sorry about that.

This
That's even crazier to me and fits right in with the track record of this community.
just made me think that they were making fun off the people who believe it. English is not my native language, so I'll blame it on that.

Great, my first post is me being an idiot.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
So that quote is definitely attributed to a Rhythm Heaven character and not Dante, alright got it

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Yeah like, that stuff has to be set up deliberately. A couch that just happens to match Skull Kid's color scheme being paired with chairs that are colored like Tatl and Tael? Seems way too perfect to be a coincidence IMO.
Nah man the chairs clearly are a hint to Waluigi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom