• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
same also feeling that way about Incineroar lately.
There was an Incineroar hint?

You know what I'm gunna say something more controversial than not believing the furniture theory. I don't think Sakurai was hinting to King K. Rool and Bloody Tears with his red eyes comment.

I know it's obvious, but I think Sakurai is just very tired. And I will be there for him.
I don't mean to be rude at all or disrespectful but...do you just...not believe Sakurai does hints? Like, neither the red eye hint nor the furniture?
I relate though. I hope he's doing okay.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh, one of those puzzle leaks again?

Untitled.jpg

Kinda disappointed, thought we hit a gold mine or something.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Sometimes I wonder if the leaks and straw grasping that happens around here is healthy. It seems to make some people crazy lol

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Hate to distract from the current debate, but I'm a bit bored and just thought I'd get people's opinions....or in more common board terms...Play a Game.I just want to see what people would choose given the following restrictions: 4 first-party Newcomers, 1 third-party newcomer that HASN'T been highly requested yet (Geno, Shadow, Bajo-Kazooie), 2 Echoes for already confirmed characters.
For me, it would be:
(1st party Newcomers)
1. Skull Kid
2. Pheramosa/Buzzwole (working as a duo that switch out similarly to how Pokemon Trainer switches out Pokemon)
3. Hades
4. Magikoopa/Kamek (I grew up with him named Magikoopa, so I just put both names)
(3rd Party Newcomer)
5. Neku Sakuraba (would be a great, blindsided SE rep for the community lol)
(Echoes)
6. Dry Bowser (For Bowser....obviously lol)
7. Medusa (For Palutena; switch out some moves for Palutena's old customs as the data is still available and only aesthetic change would be needed)
Bringing this back real quick:

1. Skull Kid
  2. Edelgard/Lyn
  3. Isaac
  4. Bandana Dee
  5. Zero (Mega Man Zero)
  6. Ken
  7. Impa
Anyone bothered by the fact that Fire Emblem has more characters playable in Ultimate than Zelda so far?
Not at all. Bring on more Fire Emblem.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
You know what I'm gunna say something more controversial than not believing the furniture theory. I don't think Sakurai was hinting to King K. Rool and Bloody Tears with his red eyes comment.

I know it's obvious, but I think Sakurai is just very tired. And I will be there for him.
You could see in the Direct that Sakurai had some serious bags under his eyes and that his eyes were a bit red. Let the man rest :c

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah I don't buy that puzzle ****, name one thing that it has going for it that makes it any better than any textpost on 4chan.

Not at all. Bring on more Fire Emblem that's unique and doesn't **** on the series more than it already has been.
FTFY

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
There was an Incineroar hint?

I don't mean to be rude at all or disrespectful but...do you just...not believe Sakurai does hints? Like, neither the red eye hint nor the furniture?
I relate though. I hope he's doing okay.
I'm just feel for him on the red eyes thing, kind like I don't care if it's a hint I guess?

But yeah I'm not big into the cryptive hints thing. I will totally admit fault though on the furniture one if I'm wrong, that ones not at the cost of Sakurai's health at least lol.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
While I don't think Mineta is all that good of character! I will just say this! At least Mineta isn't Katsuki Bakugo (Who I have dubbed the WORST PIECE OF HORRENDOUS ****ING SATAN AWFUL **** I HAVE EVER LAID EYES EYES ON IN MY ENTIRE LIFE, PLAIN AND SIMPLE AS THAT)!
Bakugo may not be a great character in my eyes (anyone who tells an upset kid to go and kill themselves is horrible, and I don't get why he's the most popular in Japan - then again, I felt the same way about Sasuke in Naruto and Hitsugaya in Bleach), but he has a handful of redeeming qualities, like his response to the villains trying to break him. The same can't be said for Mineta, who has NO redeeming qualities.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Then why does everyone say Heiheichi (or however you spell)? Is it just because Sakurai mentioned him and Mii costume? It would be weird not to have the protagonist.
Tekken hasn't really got a main protagonist.

Jin didn't come a long untill Tekken 3 in which he was the main protagonist.
Kazuya and Heihachi were like the main characters in Tekken and Tekken 2 respectively.

Heihachi is however usually used in crossover appearances to represent Tekken.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Yeah I don't buy that puzzle ****, name one thing that it has going for it that makes it any better than any textpost on 4chan.
As it stands, there's currently no evidence against it. Probably isn't real, you're right, but its a well made leak in that single regard

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It lines up w/ Verge a lot. I'm sure if both of them are wrong there'll be a witch hunt.
It seems to be restating what Verge said but with that new Spirits info. It's definitely curious.

I'm just feel for him on the red eyes thing, kind like I don't care if it's a hint I guess?

But yeah I'm not big into the cryptive hints thing. I will totally admit fault though on the furniture one if I'm wrong, that ones not at the cost of Sakurai's health at least lol.
Makes total sense!

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
About the furniture/Skull Kid pics/red eyes/Rathalos pic "teasing" I gotta say I'm still skeptical
Especially the Skull Kid pics. Come on guys, Nintendo does not revolve around Smash and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't tease Smash in a Diablo 3 trailer
All of it sounds too much like the Pyrosphere shadow and the Trophy theory. Too much

That's not to say Sakurai hasn't teased stuff in a somewhat similar fashion in the past though:
  • In Brawl with that "Ness has appeared in Smash up until now" when talking about Lucas
  • the Pseudo-Palutena trophy (the one thing the Trophy theory got right lmao)
  • plus some stuff that was revealed right afterwards or a day later ("finally the climax" in the Bayo reveal, POTD with Meta Knight Mii costume followed by a POTD revealing Meta Knight)
idk though. All those alleged teases sound too fishy to me. I honestly believe that some of the not announced Assist Trophies (and some of the announced ones like Knuckles and the Moon) can mean much more than some chairs or a pic on Instagram tbh

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Oh yeah very obviously the Majora's Mask prop at Gamescom and the Skull Kid figure on Reggie's desk are just there because they're cool.

But Sakurai's office doesn't have much of an excuse for why it changed.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
As it stands, there's currently no evidence against it. Probably isn't real, you're right, but its a well made leak in that single regard
Really? Well made? **** how many awards do we give to the 600+ 4chan text posts? There is no evidence against most text post leaks unless they're so specific they screw themselves over.

Oh yeah very obviously the Majora's Mask prop at Gamescom and the Skull Kid figure on Reggie's desk are just there because they're cool.

But Sakurai's office doesn't have much of an excuse for why it changed.
It changes every direct he's in tho

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't think Jin Kazama is that obscure. Tekken's more popular than people here give it credit for.

Tekken hasn't really got a main protagonist.

Jin didn't come a long untill Tekken 3 in which he was the main protagonist.
Kazuya and Heihachi were like the main characters in Tekken and Tekken 2 respectively.

Heihachi is however usually used in crossover appearances to represent Tekken.
For crossover stuff, Jin's used almost as much as Heihachi. Both were in Namco X Capcom and the Project X Zone games. Heihachi did show up in PSASBR and SC2 though. Heihachi's probably the first choice, but I doubt Kazuya would be chosen over Jin, unless Kaz was a clone of Heihachi.

There's also a Namco tennis game that has Heihachi, Xiaoyu, Raphel, Cassandra and Yoshimitsu as unlockable characters.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Here's something to consider.

In every Direct Sakurai puts on, a professional has to come in and help set up this specific setting.
Every bit of this set probably had to be approved and looked over.
Every specific little bit of it.

Why would Sakurai insist on having 2 chairs and a funky pillow?
Right after he had a barrel and ladder?

Just something to think about. I don't have much of an opinion on the pillow theory, but most people seem to think the set's just thrown together in 30 minutes.

Shroob

Sup?
Guys, I'm friends with Pizzamandude, ignore the vid. He told me in a skype call he got his info from a troll on discord.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Really? Well made? **** how many awards do we give to the 600+ 4chan text posts? There is no evidence against most text post leaks unless they're so specific they screw themselves over.

It changes every direct he's in tho
Well for one it was fun to solve, so that puts it above almost every other leak. Two, wasn't posted on 4Chan, which is a major plus. Three, there's isn't anything other than the hints, so its hard to say how fake it is.

Also he didn't change the room he was in during the entirety of the Smash 4 pre-release. It was always the same brown office space. He had to deliberately decide to change it twice.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
I'm real glad that's fake because boy does that idea for Spirits sound really boring and not fun

can we just never get equip items again in a smash game and actually balance it around the base character's stats

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I'm personally leaning towards no on a Story/Adventure Mode. Sakurai said way back that the reason why he didn't include one in Smash 4 is because when Brawl was released, everyone was quick to upload all of the cutscenes on video streaming sites like YouTube and Nicovideo, and he really wanted all of them to be a surprise.
I've heard he said this but, MAN, is that a stupid argument. It borders on "Old man yells at cloud" territory.

If nothing else, Adventure Mode could still be full of boss fights that don't need to be announced beforehand. And if someone wants to watch it on youtube before they play it, nobody should actually care about that.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Maybe I'm not activating my almonds, but are we still looking into chairs? Like ****, I know we like the series, but all this 4-D chess over the locations Sakurai presents us info is a bit much.

I'd rather talk about how cool X or Y would be in the game or something. Or potential music tracks. That's fun.

D

Deleted member

I think they put the barrel in the set for the E3 direct to symbolize that we have now reached the bottom of the barrel for character additions.

D

Deleted member

People still think those were Sakurai's office and not rooms organized by some randos, huh?
While I don't think Mineta is all that good of character! I will just say this! At least Mineta isn't Katsuki Bakugo (Who I have dubbed the WORST PIECE OF HORRENDOUS ****ING SATAN AWFUL **** I HAVE EVER LAID EYES EYES ON IN MY ENTIRE LIFE, PLAIN AND SIMPLE AS THAT)!
Yeah, no way Bakugo is worse than Mineta. People just forget that he's, you know, improving since Day One and curremt Bakugo is just a swearchild. Mineta is a creep with no redeeming qualities.
And as a character, Bakugo has much more depth to him than Mineta and that's not even a contest

/MHA discourse

Last edited by a moderator:

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
Starting tomorrow, you could post a countdown list with all the stages we currently know are in the game until Smash Ultimate releases. It'll be 103 days til' the game releases.

BTW is IntelliHeath1 IntelliHeath1 going to do another countdown thing for release perhaps like they did for E3?
OH NO, I'm not going to do those stages countdown! :panic:

But to answer your question, Yeah, I'm going to do countdown for last 30 days!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well for one it was fun to solve, so that puts it above almost every other leak. Two, wasn't posted on 4Chan, which is a major plus. Three, there's isn't anything other than the hints, so its hard to say how fake it is.
1. There's already a lot of puzzle leaks on 4chan that lasted about two days before it was seen as oversaturated. It's not new.
2. Oh wow instead of /v/ it's /v/ but you have to make an account first. Bravo GameFAQs, truly the greatest.
claps for GameFAQs everyone, pseudonymity makes you more valid now for some reason.​
3. 90% of other textposts have that advantage because there's so little information we cannot prove or disprove it unless the "leaker" in question ****s up.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
1. There's already a lot of puzzle leaks on 4chan that lasted about two days before it was seen as oversaturated. It's not new.
2. Oh wow instead of /v/ it's /v/ but you have to make an account first. Bravo GameFAQs, truly the greatest.
claps for GameFAQs everyone, pseudonymity makes you more valid now for some reason.​
3. 90% of other textposts have that advantage because there's so little information we cannot prove or disprove it unless the "leaker" in question ****s up.
I don't think its fair to instantly throw it under the bus just because its a riddle leak. It could end up being real, we never know until the game is released. At the least we should keep it in mind until the next reveals

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I can see Jin representing the franchise at it's peak with Tekken 3.

Tekken 3 is considered one of the best fighting games out there, other than that I fully expect Heihachi to be the first Tekken rep in smash.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I don't think its fair to instantly throw it under the bus just because its a riddle leak. It could end up being real, we never know until the game is released. At the least we should keep it in mind until the next reveals
Except we scrap almost every other leak we see, riddles included

Granted, "we" being the thread, not the individual.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll believe a riddle leak when we get a real one. Because I can't imagine someone sitting on this info they do plan on revealing just so they can think of hints to make people guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom