• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Here you go

I still think this leak is pretty likely lol. This actually matches pretty well with the ten more characters thing that just happened. 9 and 10 are the same number basically

oh and here's what the roster might look like, no smartass jokes about the question mark please

tibby is there because nobody knows who the rhythm heaven quote is referring to
Hope you're being sarcastic on this "leak" lol. It's bizzare the last couple are hard to figure out...

Also you had be really excited for that beautiful roster CSS, until I realized you split both Pokemon & Miis. Sakurai just won't let me rest will he :(

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Which quote? And how does it relate to a RH character?
One of the quotes in the quote leak that im obsessed with now could either be attributed to Rhythm Heaven or to DMC, since they have the exact same line of dialog in them. Since I am convinced this is real until proven otherwise, that just confirms its a RH character

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
One of the quotes in the quote leak that im obsessed with now could either be attributed to Rhythm Heaven or to DMC, since they have the exact same line of dialog in them. Since I am convinced this is real until proven otherwise, that just confirms its a RH character
May I see it?

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Since people brought it up again, for those of you who believe the background hinting stuff from the directs, if Skull Kid was not the next character revealed would that disprove that?

Secondly, let's say Skull Kid is revealed, but until a couple other characters are revealed (not in the same direct either). Would that also disprove it?

Personally, even though I don't beleive it, I think it has to be in the next direct at least (King K. Rool wasn't the next character revealed but was in the following direct). Otherwise it's not really hinting at much... And people will just say they're right even if Skull Kid is revealed last.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
1. Lycanroc
2. Bandana Dee
3. Ayumi Tachibana
4. Skull Kid

5. Mega Man X

6. Isabelle (for Villager)
7. Shadow (for Sonic)
Glad to know Mega Man X got more shooters out here.

Mega Man X and Zero are bros.gif

Dante not happening is a tad disappointing, but there's other characters I'd pick before him.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Can I ask why you think this leak is real?
Mainly because this would be the perfect roster imo none of the characters have any evidence going against them from what we can tell. I made a big post about this a few pages back explaining why most of the characters here have some substantial evidence of being playable. I'm probably just being too hopeful, I know, but I had fun trying to figure some of these quotes out too, so there's that at least

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
My analysis:

“Good morning, Mayor!” - Isabelle, obviously

“Not bad, that's what I was looking for.” - PROBABLY Elma??

“I know it's hot but make sure to wear the mask on the back of your head, it likes to strike when you aren't looking.” - Skull Kid

“The sun, moon, and stars may align in a way that finds Venus favorable.” - Isaac

“Anyone who gets in my way is my enemy.” - Shadow

“Completely in the dark, eh? Well, it's a big mess up there right now, and it concerns you too!” - Bandana Waddle Dee...?

“Look above! They've been testing those three for awhile now! We will have to dig deeper for more though...” - “Those three”, so Chorus Kids

No idea on the rest

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Mainly because this would be the perfect roster imo none of the characters have any evidence going against them from what we can tell. I made a big post about this a few pages back explaining why most of the characters here have some substantial evidence of being playable. I'm probably just being too hopeful, I know, but I had fun trying to figure some of these quotes out too, so there's that at least
IMO it's a pretty generic roster which is why it seems so likely. Couldn't find your post, but I latch onto most leaks with Paper Mario in it, so I feel you.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Hate to distract from the current debate, but I'm a bit bored and just thought I'd get people's opinions....or in more common board terms...Play a Game.
I just want to see what people would choose given the following restrictions: 4 first-party Newcomers, 1 third-party newcomer that HASN'T been highly requested yet (Geno, Shadow, Bajo-Kazooie), 2 Echoes for already confirmed characters.

For me, it would be:

(1st party Newcomers)
1. Skull Kid
2. Pheramosa/Buzzwole (working as a duo that switch out similarly to how Pokemon Trainer switches out Pokemon)
3. Hades
4. Magikoopa/Kamek (I grew up with him named Magikoopa, so I just put both names)

(3rd Party Newcomer)
5. Neku Sakuraba (would be a great, blindsided SE rep for the community lol)

(Echoes)
6. Dry Bowser (For Bowser....obviously lol)
7. Medusa (For Palutena; switch out some moves for Palutena's old customs as the data is still available and only aesthetic change would be needed)

1st party:
  1. Skull Kid
  2. Elma
  3. Isabelle
  4. Mike Jones
3rd party:
  1. Phoenix Wright
Echoes:
  1. Celica (for Robin, her main catch would be that her tomes use would be unlimited and her sword wouldn't break/downgrade, but using her tomes inflict recoil damage)
  2. Black Shadow (for Captain Falcon, he'd be only slightly slower/heavier/stronger and the fire in his attacks would be from another color, maybe not purple since I want to differentiate him from Ganondorf)

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
My analysis:

“Good morning, Mayor!” - Isabelle, obviously

“Not bad, that's what I was looking for.” - PROBABLY Elma??

“I know it's hot but make sure to wear the mask on the back of your head, it likes to strike when you aren't looking.” - Skull Kid

“The sun, moon, and stars may align in a way that finds Venus favorable.” - Isaac

“Anyone who gets in my way is my enemy.” - Shadow

“Completely in the dark, eh? Well, it's a big mess up there right now, and it concerns you too!” - Bandana Waddle Dee...?

“Look above! They've been testing those three for awhile now! We will have to dig deeper for more though...” - “Those three”, so Chorus Kids

No idea on the rest
Oh, there's already a list

"Good Morning, Mayor" -Isabelle

"Not bad, that's what I was looking for." - Ken

"I know it's hot but make sure to wear the mask on the back of your head, it likes to strike when you aren't looking."

"Look above! They've been testing those three for awhile now! We will have to dig deeper for more though..." -

"Spirits have a tendency to be sticky, who knows what pedestal they will rest on?" -

"Well whatever. Even if they were to come now, they wouldn't be able to handle me." - Skull Kid

"Many tricks are up my sleeve, to save yourself you'd better leave!"-Banjo (Gruntilda)

"Completely in the dark, eh? Well, it's a big mess up there right now, and it concerns you too!" -- Geno?

"The sun, moon, and stars may align in a way that finds Venus favorable."-Isaac

"Anyone who gets in my way is my enemy." - Shadow

"Never mind. Don't have time. I'm late enough as it is!" --Bandanna Dee

"If only we could be more like these coins..always smiling, regardless of which side we land on." --- Rhythm Heaven

"Are there secret caves?" --Dixie

One of the three that doesn't have one is Jin Kazama from tekken, and one of them is probably a Pokemon quote.

D

Deleted member

I like riddle leaks because it gives us something other than "yeah, it fake"

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Here you go

I still think this leak is pretty likely lol. This actually matches pretty well with the ten more characters thing that just happened. 9 and 10 are the same number basically

oh and here's what the roster might look like, no smartass jokes about the question mark please

tibby is there because nobody knows who the rhythm heaven quote is referring to
Hmmm

I think Kazuya and Heihachi are more likely than Jin

Which is why I'm scratching my head when looking at this leak

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Oh right. I've been reading that comment multiple times and still got it wrong. Sorry about that.

This

just made me think that they were making fun off the people who believe it. English is not my native language, so I'll blame it on that.

Great, my first post is me being an idiot.
Lol, friend. Don't sweat it.

I was the one who brought attention to the chairs and the barrel in the E3 room here. However to clarify for you?

What I was saying was that I find it crazier that people don't open themselves up the possibility and still won't even in Skull Kid is revealed next, because the track record of this community tends to be clearly seeing an elephant about to sit down in the room, but they still get crushed by it and are shocked in the hospital later.

''I just....I just didn't see it coming. It couldn't be!"

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Also you had be really excited for that beautiful roster CSS, until I realized you split both Pokemon & Miis. Sakurai just won't let me rest will he :(
If I didn't separate them then it would be all lopsided and that would upset me so no one wins

Jin's quite the obscure pick, and I'd say that one would be quite obscure as well.
I'm just salty, though.
Jin's the main character of an extremely popular fighting game series in Japan, so vOv

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Lol, friend. Don't sweat it.

I was the one who brought attention to the chairs and the barrel in the E3 room here. However to clarify for you?

What I was saying was that I find it crazier that people don't open themselves up the possibility and still won't even in Skull Kid is revealed next, because the track record of this community tends to be clearly seeing an elephant about to sit down in the room, but they still get crushed by it and are shocked in the hospital later.

''I just....I just didn't see it coming. It couldn't be!"
I'll fully admit that if Skull Kid is next, I'll start stalking Sakurai's interior designer.

But I do think Skull Kid is very likely so him showing up at all doesn't prove anything. Has to be in the next direct/reveal.
If I didn't separate them then it would be all lopsided and that would upset me so no one wins

Jin's the main character of an extremely popular fighting game series in Japan
Oh trust me Sakurai has been screwing me with this new layout for me trying to make a cohesive CSS. I posted two seperate ones earlier, one by series and one by number that had to use different characters to balance it out.

Also is Jin the protagonist??? Like Ryu???
Then why does everyone say Heiheichi (or however you spell)? Is it just because Sakurai mentioned him and Mii costume? It would be weird not to have the protagonist.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Jin's the main character of an extremely popular fighting game series in Japan, so vOv
Not my point. I just think it's silly to even pretend he's got a better chance than Heihachi. At bare minimum, I feel his inclusion in this leak was a grab to make it more popular-get people saying "Jin and not Heihachi?" instead of just dismissing it.
I myself don't see any Tekken rep because Smash would have to remove what makes the game unique (Tekken's ability to shift in the planes) which Sakurai seems to dislike doing.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'll fully admit that if Skull Kid is next, I'll start stalking Sakurai's interior designer.

But I do think Skull Kid is very likely so him showing up at all doesn't prove anything. Has to be in the next direct/reveal.
And this post is the perfect example of the elephant scenario I just said.

A barrel and a rope lader.

Then K Rool.

That room.

Then Skull Kid.

Still doesn't mean anything?

I'll visit you in the hospital once and if the elephant sits on you friend.

What kind of flowers do you like? And what's your favorite color? So I can get appropriate colored ballons as well for the event.

D

Deleted member

Then K Rool.

That room.

Then Skull Kid.

What kind of flowers do you like? And what's your favorite color? So I can get appropriate colored ballons as well for the event.
Make the flowers hint toward another character.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Long shot, but the quote "I know it's hot but make sure to wear the mask on the back of your head, it likes to strike when you aren't looking." just makes me think of boos. King Boo perhaps? Like I said long shot, but it's what came to mind.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Not my point. I just think it's silly to even pretend he's got a better chance than Heihachi. At bare minimum, I feel his inclusion in this leak was a grab to make it more popular-get people saying "Jin and not Heihachi?" instead of just dismissing it.
I myself don't see any Tekken rep because Smash would have to remove what makes the game unique (Tekken's ability to shift in the planes) which Sakurai seems to dislike doing.
I think its pretty logical to pick Jin over Heihachi, even though I know its not the best choice. It all comes down to PSABR and Heihachi being playable there. Sakurai would probably use a different character in avoid stealing the unique stuff that that game has, so obviously just pick a different main character.

the actual superior choice is yoshimitsu

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

Then K Rool.

That room.

Then Skull Kid.

Sorry? I said I would stalk his interior designer, implying I would be following the theory if Skull Kid was revealed next. I was trying to be funny but I guess I'm awful at everything :(

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Did veggieburger say things again or am I out of the daily loop?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I think its pretty logical to pick Jin over Heihachi, even though I know its not the best choice. It all comes down to PSABR and Heihachi being playable there. Sakurai would probably use a different character in avoid stealing the unique stuff that that game has, so obviously just pick a different main character.

the actual superior choice is yoshimitsu
Sakurai added the hazard switch, I don't think he minds taking the unique stuff now.

Did veggieburger say things again or am I out of the daily loop?
Now we're going over a riddle leak from GameFaqs.

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
I'm 99% certain Isaac is in, there's just no way that picture Sakurai tweeted a couple weeks ago isn't a hint

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Sakurai probably doesn't even know that game exists.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Sorry? I said I would stalk his interior designer, implying I would be following the theory if Skull Kid was revealed next. I was trying to be funny but I guess I'm awful at everything :(
Awww. You're not awful at anything.

Don't be harsh on yourself. Text is just hard to read sometimes.

My bad.

Last edited:

Lodestar65

Smash Apprentice
I'll admit, when I saw people saying Jin, I nearly freaked out from hype. Then I realized they were referring to Tekken's Jin, not Xenoblade 2's Jin.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
Oh, there's already a list

"Good Morning, Mayor" -Isabelle

"Not bad, that's what I was looking for." - Ken

"I know it's hot but make sure to wear the mask on the back of your head, it likes to strike when you aren't looking."

"Look above! They've been testing those three for awhile now! We will have to dig deeper for more though..." -

"Spirits have a tendency to be sticky, who knows what pedestal they will rest on?" -

"Well whatever. Even if they were to come now, they wouldn't be able to handle me." - Skull Kid

"Many tricks are up my sleeve, to save yourself you'd better leave!"-Banjo (Gruntilda)

"Completely in the dark, eh? Well, it's a big mess up there right now, and it concerns you too!" -- Geno?

"The sun, moon, and stars may align in a way that finds Venus favorable."-Isaac

"Anyone who gets in my way is my enemy." - Shadow

"Never mind. Don't have time. I'm late enough as it is!" --Bandanna Dee

"If only we could be more like these coins..always smiling, regardless of which side we land on." --- Rhythm Heaven

"Are there secret caves?" --Dixie

One of the three that doesn't have one is Jin Kazama from tekken, and one of them is probably a Pokemon quote.
I try to link one of this quotes with Elma but I can't :(

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
You know what I'm gunna say something more controversial than not believing the furniture theory. I don't think Sakurai was hinting to King K. Rool and Bloody Tears with his red eyes comment.

I know it's obvious, but I think Sakurai is just very tired. And I will be there for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom