• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Apparently Nintendo is in discussion and negotiations with Capcom over guests
I hope they don't sleep on Okami that game so much good content.
Not only can Tails fly... he is as fast as Sonic, invented the Spindash, is smarter than Eggman, and can pilot a biplane.

He's also 8 years old.
Ohh yeah... he's just 8 years old, he definitely does have a lot of heart. His backstory is just as sad if not sadder than Lucas' own:

Parents died as soon as he was born (thanks for the birthday present Robotnik!) (other versions; like the comics, he has his parents)

Bullied because of his tails.

Suffers from self esteem issues

Had to *sniff* had to sacrifice/blow up his girlfriend/romantic interest, in order to save the universe. And all of this at 8 years old. This trooper needs a hug.

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
So folks...

Sakurai's comment on the stage number seems to have a sense of finality to it.

Are we done with stages?
we are definitely done with stages yeah
We might be done with stages. We might not. The website gave a definitive number of characters (rather than a "more than...") after E3 and there's also things like Mute City naming anomaly and lack of centering that have been discussed to death and Shroob had explained repeatedly in the past so rather than go into it I'm just gonna refer you guys to search for their posts.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Speaking of weird name things, what up with the Zero (Mega Man) thing on the website. are we gonna get Zero from Kirby as a boss. Are there any other nintendo characters named Zero that im just forgetting because I like Kirby too much?

MainJPW

M.T.A
I hope they don't sleep on Okami that game so much good content.

Ohh yeah... he's just 8 years old, he definitely does have a lot of heart. His backstory is just as sad if not sadder than Lucas' own:

Parents died as soon as he was born (thanks for the birthday present Robotnik!) (other versions; like the comics, he has his parents)

Bullied because of his tails.

Suffers from self esteem issues

Had to *sniff* had to sacrifice/blow up his girlfriend/romantic interest, in order to save the universe. And all of this at 8 years old. This trooper needs a hug.
We don’t know anything about his parents. And Sonic X is its own thingamajig.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
We could get more stages, but I don't see it. Not before DLC anyway.
Though he could just be hiding new stages that come with new characters, but i'm not so sure about that.
They could easily just plop Banjo Kazooie on Pictochat or something and call it a day.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
We might be done with stages. We might not. The website gave a definitive number of characters (rather than a "more than...") after E3 and there's also things like Mute City naming anomaly and lack of centering that have been discussed to death and Shroob had explained repeatedly in the past so rather than go into it I'm just gonna refer you guys to search for their posts.
Don’t bother. We can’t even discuss “red eyes” without someone freaking out about how impossible life is.

It’s a joke, people. Don’t you DARE emotion at me.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Speaking of weird name things, what up with the Zero (Mega Man) thing on the website. are we gonna get Zero from Kirby as a boss. Are there any other nintendo characters named Zero that im just forgetting because I like Kirby too much?
Zero is the name of a certain series that I really wanna see repped that Nintendo owns.... seriously, no one is gonna answer my Luigi question? I've asked this on multiple forums/threads multiple times now with no response...

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
So folks...

Are we done with stages?
Not by a long shot. Unless he explicitly states something without ambiguity there is no telling what he has up his sleeve.

Example: The Miiverse post for Smash 4 explicitly stating that Skullkid was an assist trophy.

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Zero is the name of a certain series that I really wanna see repped that Nintendo owns.... seriously, no one is gonna answer my Luigi question? I've asked this on multiple forums/threads multiple times now with no response...
what series is this

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I think the remaining newcomers will have a new stage.

Looking forward to Forest Maze, Dying Namek, and Vocaloid concert stage.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
We're mostly done with stages in the same way that we're done with character reveals. Most of the content is returning from previous games, but new reveals will be at a premium.

Enchess

Smash Lord
What was the question again?
Does Luigi use a camera-esque repeated flash or plunger gun in Dark Moon. I didn't finish Dark Moon and don't remember it well, so unsure if it was reference to Dark Moon, potential LM3, or Fatal Frame/Rabbids. Or if they just chose to give Luigi new moves randomly in the Simon trailer.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Um........Zero lol Fatal Frame in America
well they won't call it "zero" on the website, and there isn't a character named "zero" in it so that means that the Zero (Mega Man) thing must be related to something else

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hmm, if we had Heihachi as the second Namco character, he'll be the first third party character to be a villain, not sure if you count Bayonetta since she's like, against my boy Pit because...well... she kills angels, i dunno. But technically, we hopefully might get a third party villain, as whereas most third parties are usually heroes, so its a nice breath of fresh air for me in terms of the state of third party characters.
Bayonetta is more of a hero in her world since angels and demons are equally bad towards witches
Seeing a discussion about how old Sonic is... Who is the oldest in the Smash roster in-game wise?

Not franchise I mean like Mr. Game & Watch
The ducks from Duck Hunt I guess...but canon wise probably Bayonetta, Rosalina, or Palutena
I would be fully convinced we'd be living in the best timeline.
If only

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
If we are done with stages, I can't imagine getting Banjo without a stage like Spiral Mountain. So that has me a bit concerned.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Does Luigi use a camera-esque repeated flash or plunger gun in Dark Moon. I didn't finish Dark Moon and don't remember it well, so unsure if it was reference to Dark Moon, potential LM3, or Fatal Frame/Rabbids. Or if they just chose to give Luigi new moves randomly in the Simon trailer.
He uses something like this in the Luigi's Mansion arcade game, actually. I'm 99% positive he also uses it in Dark Moon.

Enchess

Smash Lord
well they won't call it "zero" on the website, and there isn't a character named "zero" in it so that means that the Zero (Mega Man) thing must be related to something else
It's wishful thinking. That and I'm stuggling to think of other "Zero"s that are Nintendo related

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
He uses neither in Dark Moon. His flashlight is more of a charging beam than it is repeated flash.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
If we're done with stages, we're done with newcomers from a new IP. I know you'll all cry R.O.B at me, but I can't see any third party or character from a new IP not debuting on a stage from their series.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
We're mostly done with stages in the same way that we're done with character reveals. Most of the content is returning from previous games, but new reveals will be at a premium.
how do you know that we're done with character reveals. because sakurai the liar said a thing?

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
If we are done with stages, I can't imagine getting Banjo without a stage like Spiral Mountain. So that has me a bit concerned.
Couldn’t have Banjo, Heihachi, Rayman, Monster Hunter, Lloyd, Dante, Sora, Isaac....but WAIT! There’s more....

Enchess

Smash Lord
He uses something like this in the Luigi's Mansion arcade game, actually. I'm 99% positive he also uses it in Dark Moon.
Which one? (Or is it both?)
He uses neither in Dark Moon. His flashlight is more of a charging beam than it is repeated flash.
That's what I thought, and I've been weirded out people aren't mentioning how off it is. I think a LM3 tease is more likely than FF, but either way it's weird they changed how flashlight worked for the Simon trailer (unless it is arcade reference, which I completely forgot existed)

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I’m surprised not many are speculating about a Yokai Watch character. I know the series is popular, especially in Japan. (But I don’t know anything about it except it seems like Pokémon) Are there big reasons against a fighter from Yokai Watch?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
He uses the strobe flash in Dark Moon to stun ghosts.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
So folks...

Are we done with stages?
I doubt it, knowing Sakurai he always finds more stuff to put in. We'll probably get a final number of things he added in the game at the end of Ultimate's final update (like we did for Smash 4), which who knows when that is.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Which one? (Or is it both?)

That's what I thought, and I've been weirded out people aren't mentioning how off it is. I think a LM3 tease is more likely than FF, but either way it's weird they changed how flashlight worked for the Simon trailer (unless it is arcade reference, which I completely forgot existed)
The flash.

It's wishful thinking. That and I'm stuggling to think of other "Zero"s that are Nintendo related
02, from Kirby.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m surprised not many are speculating about a Yokai Watch character. I know the series is popular, especially in Japan. (But I don’t know anything about it except it seems like Pokémon) Are there big reasons against a fighter from Yokai Watch?
The biggest reason is I don't like it/s

ErenJager

Smash Champion
He's a disney character.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
There's no reason to attack others simply because they said something wrong. Just point it out in a respectful manner.
you have said the magic words to send me off on a tangent

Yokai Watch could happen, it just depends on what Level 5 and Nintendo's relations were back in 2015. I think they were already planning on bringing Yokai Watch over to the states at the time as publisher, which means they're probably pretty close. The chances of it happening are very good from my point of view, considering the series was at a major high in Japan during that period. The main problem is mostly that this game seems to be focused a lot more on fan-favorite characters rather than the kind of ad characters that Smash 4 had, and Jibanyan, the series' mascot, only did "pretty okay" on the ballot.

Anyway we have nothing stating that it will or won't be in the game, much like a lot of other things at the moment

EDIT: yokai watch is not owned by disney like the brain genius above me says, its purely owned by Level 5, but published by Nintendo. The anime aired on the Disney channel over here, but so do tons of other shows not owned by Disney

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
The company also owns Professor Layton. I think he's more requested than a Yokai watch rep.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
To be honest, I thought Nintendo owned Yokai Watch. Do they at least own distribution rights? I read before that Nintendo only owns the distribution rights to the Kirby series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom