• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Imagine a world where the Sonic series had a sensible timeline and a good aging system

D

Deleted member

Sonic's lore is way too weird for my taste.

Also are we really talking about Sonic lore in here?

Last edited by a moderator:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
If Namco Bandai is getting two more reps and they aren't from Tekken or Soul Calibur, that means that we are getting Lloyd Irving. The second character could be any other Namco Bandai character, including Agumon, Klonoa, or a Dark Souls character.
Mametchi or Ms. Pac Man possibly.

Enchess

Smash Lord
I've said it before, but Smash Ultimate's roster is already pretty much perfect for me.
There are only one or two characters that would push it any farther on a personal level.
I'm pretty close to here, but I need this to not be the first Smash that can't say "multiple Nintendo IP got playable characters for the first time". If I get Isaac, Saki, Lip, Mio, Mallo, Qbby, Mach Rider, Ray MkII, or Mike Jones (or one of like 20 other characters), I'll be completely satisfied.

Fun Fact is that not only was Jungle Beat rated E10+, but it was literally the first game to ever receive the rating.

Had the rating not just been created, it might have ended up being T.
Ooo, that's super interesting actually. Thank you. (I promise this isn't sarcastic even though it sounds that way when I read it back. This is cool trivia.)

Last edited:

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, if we had Heihachi as the second Namco character, he'll be the first third party character to be a villain, not sure if you count Bayonetta since she's like, against my boy Pit because...well... she kills angels, i dunno. But technically, we hopefully might get a third party villain, as whereas most third parties are usually heroes, so its a nice breath of fresh air for me in terms of the state of third party characters.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Seeing a discussion about how old Sonic is... Who is the oldest in the Smash roster in-game wise?

Not franchise I mean like Mr. Game & Watch

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I mean, if a guy who apparently has good info says to toss out a leak because it lacks a certain character...
And, a pretty credible leaker at that. He correctly stated that the Ice Climbers, Snake, Ridley, and Simon Belmont are all playable, that there are no cuts, and that Mimikyu isn't playable.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Sonic's lore is way too weird for my taste.

Also are we really talking about Sonic lore in here?
I think we were talking about Sonic characters in Smash which somehow changed to Sonic character's ages, which then changed to the Sonic Comics, and now it switched to Sonic lore. This is what happens when I get bored.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The stupidest thing about the chair theory isn't even that people believe it.

It's the people that don't believe it still won't even if Skull Kid is revealed next when paired with the fact the barrel and rope ladder might have been for K Rool.

That's even crazier to me and fits right in with the track record of this community.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Hmm, if we had Heihachi as the second Namco character, he'll be the first third party character to be a villain, not sure if you count Bayonetta since she's like, against my boy Pit because...well... she kills angels, i dunno. But technically, we hopefully might get a third party villain, as whereas most third parties are usually heroes, so its a nice breath of fresh air for me in terms of the state of third party characters.
Vergeben said that the 2 Namco Bandai characters aren't from Soul Calibur or Tekken. I believe that they will be Lloyd Irving and either Agumon or Klonoa.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Which characters would you like as icing on the cake?
The only character I want is Phoenix Wright. I don't think he'll get in, but there's nothing wrong with retaining a little hope, I guess.
If he gets in, that'd make Ultimate absolutely perfect for me.

I mean, there are other characters I'd want, like Chandelure. But Phoenix is the only one that even seems possible to me, and even then, I don't think he's getting in.

That said, I've always been rather happy when it comes to Smash reveals. I have yet to see a character that I find truly displeasing, so I'm always looking forward to new reveals, regardless of who is revealed.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I think we were talking about Sonic characters in Smash which somehow changed to Sonic character's ages, which then changed to the Sonic Comics, and now it switched to Sonic lore. This is what happens when I get bored.
Shame on you. No, just kidding!

But do we really have to talk about Sonic lore? As much as I am a Sonic fan, I know the lore is literally messed up. Why talk about it?

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I mean, if a guy who apparently has good info says to toss out a leak because it lacks a certain character...
I'm not saying that. He never included Ken in anything previously and nonchalantly tells us Ken this random way. I don't know why he doesn't just tell us everything he knows about the roster.

Just strikes weird to me is all. But I guess some leakers like keeping everything to themselves which is fine.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Vergeben said that the 2 Namco Bandai characters aren't from Soul Calibur or Tekken. I believe that they will be Lloyd Irving and either Agumon or Klonoa.
So, where was this, if you don't mind me asking? And when was this?

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
The stupidest thing about the chair theory isn't even that people believe it.

It's the people that don't believe it still won't even if Skull Kid is revealed next when paired with the fact the barrel and rope ladder might have been for K Rool.

That's even crazier to me and fits right in with the track record of this community.
I'm sorry, but even if Skull Kid was revealed, it doesn't mean Sakurai was teasing him with CHAIRS of all things. I'm not gonna believe something so stupid unless Sakurai comes out and says straight to our faces "Yea the chairs were a tease". Then I'll believe it.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Who the heck are those robo waifus, and why should they be in my smash game???
Seriously who are they?
They are KOS-MOS & T-ELOS, the main character and villain of the Xenosaga series, developed by Monolith Soft when they were owned by Namco.
That artwork in particular is of their Blade forms from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 where they were guest characters you could get at random.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Ah okay, the only thing I know about it is crazy super sonic and crossbow actually pretty cool Amy.
Sonic the Comic has plenty of cool stuff...

Like the best Metal Knuckles design (which actually predates all the others, I believe).
Also: A hilarious choice of sound effect in this image.
Eww, that is the ugliest looking Super Sonic I have ever seen.
StC's Super Sonic is meant to look weird and off-putting, he's Sonic's dark side (hulk-style), not to mention evil.
Also I heard there was a controversially bad artist in Sonic comics that just made Sonic unlikable.
Wasn't the controversially bad artist an Archie thing? :laugh:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Don't attribute it as something Vergeben claimed until he says so himself on reddit or Gamefaqs, we just been through a faked Vergeben post on 4chan a few days ago.

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
Ohhh....-if that was the case-that's soul crushing; and a bummer too as a fan of Nightmare. Heihachi I could live with.

Klonoa would be an awesome pick (I mean come on he has a Pac-Man hat for crying out loud) but he's as likely as someone like Gil or...whoever it may be. Lloyd- I'm kinda cool with, Agumon- "teeth screech" I dunno what to feel.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Heihachi? KOS-MOS? Lloyd? Please.
You all are kidding yourselves about who the two Namco reps are when the answers have been hiding under our noses the whole time.
SAKURAI IS REVIVING THE KATAMARI FRANCHISE BY PUTTING IN THESE GUYS AS NEWCOMERS!!
The_Prince.jpg
We_Love_Katamari_King.jpg

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm sorry, but even if Skull Kid was revealed, it doesn't mean Sakurai was teasing him with CHAIRS of all things. I'm not gonna believe something so stupid unless Sakurai comes out and says straight to our faces "Yea the chairs were a tease". Then I'll believe it.
That just makes you....

I mean I don't even know if there's a positive adjective for that so for the sake of being nice?

I'll just say...

Literally no game developer who teases such things in this manner in the past has ever out right came and said that a tease was a tease.

They just....did it. And people eventually caught on. That's why it's fun. It's why a lot of developers do it. It's a different way of getting information out to your fans and community.

The reluctancy to believe Sakurai might do what other fighting game developers do? It's just another case of a lot of our community doesn't seem to get out and rodeo and experience anything other than what they're use to.

Because it's a fact that things do happen like this in other fighting game communities and gaming communities.

And not one of those developers said ''Guess what? I was teasing there! Did you see that guys? Did you catch that?!"

And neither would Sakurai most likely until he finished revealing the roster and probably only after the game was out and in his magazine article.

Because that's how that type of teasing works.~~~~

Enchess

Smash Lord
I really hate to disagree with anyone who honors Haruhi in their profile pic, but I don't think it's a that much of a stretch if Skull Kid is confirmed to say it might've been a hint.

We'll never get that confirmation regardless of if it was a hint or not, but the colors definitely line up super well and if it turns out to be intentional it'll be far from a mindblow. It'll be a "yeah, that makes perfect sense in retrospect"
but seriously though Haruhi is awesome and I had a mild argument over whether or not her anime was notable today with a friend at work and that pic makes me smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom