• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Knuckles has Geokinesis (at least in Sonic Battle)
Don’t forget Thunder Arrow from SA2 where he summons lightning bolts to rain down. His healing ability in Battle says he calls upon the Earth’s elements to heal him. He’s got Earth elemental powers?

I need a Sonic Warriors game where Knuckles just destroys everything with a massive hurricane of meteors and lightning.
Also... Zinith's favourite Sonic character, simply because he's a Green Reptile

*sits still as a stone*
Speaking of Vector his official Sonic Channel art released yesterday is pretty wacky.

Anyone else find it odd how the didn’t get Chaotix in Team Sonic Racing but instead we got Team Vector featuring Blaze and Silver? Vector always takes priority over Espio and Charmy it seems, must be because he’s an extremely old character dating back to Sonic 1 days.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
The stupidest thing about the chair theory isn't even that people believe it.

It's the people that don't believe it still won't even if Skull Kid is revealed next when paired with the fact the barrel and rope ladder might have been for K Rool.

That's even crazier to me and fits right in with the track record of this community.
When Sakurai does his direct with a futuristic car and a copy of Marry Shelly's Frankenstein, it's going to be all over for you

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Don’t forget Thunder Arrow from SA2 where he summons lightning bolts to rain down. His healing ability in Battle says he calls upon the Earth’s elements to heal him. He’s got Earth elemental powers?

I need a Sonic Warriors game where Knuckles just destroys everything with a massive hurricane of meteors and lightning.

Speaking of Vector his official Sonic Channel art released yesterday is pretty wacky.

Anyone else find it odd how the didn’t get Chaotix in Team Sonic Racing but instead we got Team Vector featuring Blaze and Silver? Vector always takes priority over Espio and Charmy it seems, must be because he’s an extremely old character dating back to Sonic 1 days.
Vector, Espio and Charmy (and Mighty) were introduced in the same game (Knuckles' Chaotix)

Untouch

Smash Master
Oldest would be either:
BOTW Link (100+ years old)
Bayonetta (Old, never really says her age AFAIK, but suggested)
Palutena (is a god)

Rest are never straight up said in the games.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
How do you know it's not real?
Because this has been repeated 100 times already. Someone takes the same Vergeben PM and edits the PM to look like he said something. He has time and time again denied those fake PMs. He will likely deny this one.

I'll gladly eat my words if it's real, but it's not lol.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Seeing a discussion about how old Sonic is... Who is the oldest in the Smash roster in-game wise?

Not franchise I mean like Mr. Game & Watch
If we're going canonical age, probably Ganondorf since he's the sane character in every game even if they take place hundreds of years apart.

Oldest in terms of real world creation would be Pac-Man, made in 1980, predating Mario and DK by a year. The Game & Watch characters weren't meant to be the same character in every game and the 70s non-video game Duck Hunt isn't really related to the characters in Smash.

D

Deleted member

Heihachi? KOS-MOS? Lloyd? Please.
You all are kidding yourselves about who the two Namco reps are when the answers have been hiding under our noses the whole time.
SAKURAI IS REVIVING THE KATAMARI FRANCHISE BY PUTTING IN THESE GUYS AS NEWCOMERS!!
View attachment 159259View attachment 159260
Finally, I can have Katamari on the Rocks in Smash without modding. Which is great, because I won't be modding this time.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I really hate to disagree with anyone who honors Haruhi in their profile pic, but I don't think it's a that much of a stretch if Skull Kid is confirmed to say it might've been a hint.

We'll never get that confirmation regardless of if it was a hint or not, but the colors definitely line up super well and if it turns out to be intentional it'll be far from a mindblow. It'll be a "yeah, that makes perfect sense in retrospect"
but seriously though Haruhi is awesome and I had a mild argument over whether or not her anime was notable today with a friend at work and that pic makes me smile.
I mean, that's fair enough, but if Skull Kid was confirmed I don't want people screaming "SEE!? IT WAS A TEASE!!" when odds are we'll never know. So saying it's a tease has as much merit as me saying it's nonsense. Meaning there's no meaning in it. Speculation is fun until we repeat the same things over and over again, and this Skull Kid stuff has run its course so I do get a bit annoyed when the chairs are brought up again, as it has been talked to death. Especially when there's far better evidence to use for Skull Kid like him being highly relevant when the project plan was made and his Assist Trophy being missing.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
Vector, Espio and Charmy (and Mighty) were introduced in the same game (Knuckles' Chaotix)
Mighty was introduced in Sega Sonic The Hedgehog for the arcades in 1993.

Charmy and Amy were introduced in the Sonic Manga in 1992.

Vector was supposed to be in Sonic 1 in the story and sound test via the Sonic Band. He ended up getting redesigned a couple times until he ended up in Chaotix in 1995.

Espio was the only new character created for Chaotix which is why the banner for the title screen in prototype builds said “featuring Espio the Chameleon”.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I mean, that's fair enough, but if Skull Kid was confirmed I don't want people screaming "SEE!? IT WAS A TEASE!!" when odds are we'll never know. So saying it's a tease has as much merit as me saying it's nonsense. Meaning there's no meaning in it. Speculation is fun until we repeat the same things over and over again, and this Skull Kid stuff has run its course so I do get a bit annoyed when the chairs are brought up again, as it's been talked to death. Especially when there's far better evidence to use for Skull Kid like him being highly relevant when the project plan was made and his Assist Trophy being missing.
Except people always bring up the chair last after the project plan and the Assist Trophy.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
So if we are getting more characters who placed highly on the ballot I think Bandana Dee, Isaac, Paper Mario, Dixie, and Geno are the characters to look out for.

Enchess

Smash Lord
I mean, that's fair enough, but if Skull Kid was confirmed I don't want people screaming "SEE!? IT WAS A TEASE!!" when odds are we'll never know. So saying it's a tease has as much merit as me saying it's nonsense. Meaning there's no meaning in it. Speculation is fun until we repeat the same things over and over again, and this Skull Kid stuff has run its course so I do get a bit annoyed when the chairs are brought up again, as it's been talked to death. Especially when there's far better evidence to use for Skull Kid like him being highly relevant when the project plan was made and his Assist Trophy being missing.
But basing speculation off of something is how we keep it from going in circles too much. If we weren't on chairs (and Verg PMs I guess? I've been busy with moving cross-country and starting new job, so I haven't really been keeping up), we'd still be talking about Shadow and Incineroar vs Decidueye. Next direct there'll be some other maybe-hint to latch onto and change the conversation.
also, just to bring it up because no one answered me the last couple times I brought this up (or at least didn't quote me so I'd get notified), was the Luigi camera flash thing in Simon's trailer a reference to Dark Moon? Because it definitely wasn't a reference to Luigi's Mansion GC and if it's not to Dark Moon it could be to Fatal Frame, and that's the speculation we need.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
So if we are getting more characters who placed highly on the ballot I think Bandana Dee, Isaac, Paper Mario, Dixie, and Geno are the characters to look out for.
THANK YOU. People always just boot Paper Mario out and then go on to list the unlikeliest third parties, and act like Paper Mario didn't consistently score in the top 5 of Ballot fan polls.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
How are we still talking about how chairs might not be a hint?
It’s like “Really? They might just be chairs? Weird.”

We know. Hints are not made to be entirely obvious. And that’s why we pretty much have to guess where we can. We’re all aware it could be two, very odd colored chairs that only ever appeared in this one video because that’s just what they felt like throwing in that day. We KNOW!

Everyone knows!

EVERYONE!

EVERYONE IS HERE!

So, now I’m satisfied with the game but he says more are coming and he has these two UGLY, STUPID, NOBODY-WOULD-BUY-THEM chairs. So, hint possibility. Neat. Don’t tell me. Don’t tell me it MUST mean nothing. It CAN. Probably doesn’t. DUH. My I.Q. is a stone’s throw above 23 and I KNOW!!!!!

SHHHHHHHH!!!

RandomAce

Smash Champion
THANK YOU. People always just boot Paper Mario out and then go on to list the unlikeliest third parties, and act like Paper Mario didn't consistently score in the top 5 of Ballot fan polls.
Imma a be honest, I forgot about Paper Mario.

There’s something about having third Mario that for some reason makes me forget him. Like he’s barely talked about, with Alax being the only well known big supporter, even then most people know him through Ganondorf (and his sick Sailor Moon outfit).

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
But basing speculation off of something is how we keep it from going in circles too much. If we weren't on chairs (and Verg PMs I guess? I've been busy with moving cross-country and starting new job, so I haven't really been keeping up), we'd still be talking about Shadow and Incineroar vs Decidueye. Next direct there'll be some other maybe-hint to latch onto and change the conversation.
also, just to bring it up because no one answered me the last couple times I brought this up (or at least didn't quote me so I'd get notified), was the Luigi camera flash thing in Simon's trailer a reference to Dark Moon? Because it definitely wasn't a reference to Luigi's Mansion GC and if it's not to Dark Moon it could be to Fatal Frame, and that's the speculation we need.
Speculation's always gonna go in circles, but I'd prefer if those circles didn't stop at chairs.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Welp, you heard it here folks.
Skull Kid is totally, officially, 100% confirmed.
Through CHAIRS.
This people on this forum are a gift...

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Welp, you heard it here folks.
Skull Kid is totally, officially, 100% confirmed.
Through CHAIRS.
This people on this forum are a gift...
Except nobody said he was confirmed due to chairs. Just that chairs may be a hint. Let's not berate the dumb people who don't exist, my friend.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Smash Project Plan was decided on in May 2012, along with what was most likely the final roster. This poll was conducted in August.

https://sourcegaming.info/2015/07/19/smashfordevelopment/
This alongside the recent K. Rool ballot comment makes me have a new viewpoint on certain Smash 4 newcomers. Out of all Smash 4 newcomers, only Mega Man, Rosalina, Little Mac, Shulk, and Bowser Jr. would have likely had Western popularity accounted for their inclusion.

Kinda make me wonder if where Sakurai would find the Western demand for Mac if the VGTribune poll was not an influence. Certainly, there was a bandwagon when Smash 4 was announced at E3 2011 (I believe) and after the release of the PO Wii sequel. Maybe he was paying attention to other Western trends aside from using polls. I have to wonder.

Also, this explains why Takamaru wasn't playable in Smash 4, due the resurgence of Murasame content in the West not even beginning until Nintendo Land November 2012, where Western support for the character peaked at the time. Takamaru was a never big retro contender in Smash 4's project plan in the beginning, in hindsight.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
OoT Ganondorf was born during the timeline, but TP Gandorf is OoT Ganondorf so it depends on the time between OoT and TP.
Well, the Dorf is an adult when Link is still a kid, and he gets shipped off to the Twilight realm long enough for Link to grow up, die, and become a draugr.
Sidenote, Draugr is an infinitely cooler way to say undead since Skyrim so I'm sticking with it because I want to.

---

And on the chairs dicussion again, I'm not buying it. Take it if you want, but I'm one of those people who needs a flashing neon sign for anything to be a worthwile hint, so either way I wouldn't notice it without people pointing it out.

And besides, why then was there no Simon hint in the E3 direct? Or what if Skull Kid is in, but not revealed until November and they give us Heihachi or someone in September?

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
3 Links:
- Young, Toon and Normal
3 Marios:
-Paper, Dr and Normal
imagine the 3v3's it would be hilarious.

?????????????

Smash Master
Who was it? I was talking with someone the other day...maybe on Discord...

Mega Man had such cool Custom Moves, it'd seem like a shame to lose them. The idea was to have Roll as a Mega Man echo, using things like Hyper Bomb, Danger Wrap, Beat, and Plant Barrier. I got really into that idea!

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
people always see him as a rival to geno. i could see both happening and i dont think one deconfirms the other. although im obviously hopeful for geno the most and not really guessing at paper mario, hes definitely popular and interesting enough to get in smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom