• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
I could have sworn Sonic was 16 and Knuckles was older... (and I wasn't counting Generations)

Hm...
This information is coming straight from the Heroes manual, which I read extensively as it's my favorite game heh. It's also on the Sonic Wiki.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Being nerdy again whoops, but the writers confirmed that the characters ages in Boom were the same as the games adjusts glasses
Then that infamous fantasy Knuckles has (which has Amy and Sticks fawning over him, and then him flying away) becomes... eyebrow-raising... let's just say that.

Did the Boom team specifically say "[character] is ## years old" or did they just say "they are the same age as in the games".

Because if it's the latter, then they probably don't actually know how old the characters actually are.
This information is coming straight from the Heroes manual, which I read extensively as it's my favorite game heh. It's also on the Sonic Wiki.
Sonic might have been 16 in StC or something, which is why I got confused. *shrug*

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
I looked at that 4chan thread and all I saw were people saying it's gonna be a Dark Souls character.
I then promptly left.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

?????????????

Smash Master
The WEIRDEST thing about that manual was that one sentence paragraph about Cream that simply says,

"She also loves ice cream."

And NOTHING else! Like they didn't have ANYTHING to say about Cream the Rabbit! XD

Noipoi

Howdy!
Are fake vergeben leaks the new thing now?
So far (if I recall correctly) Verg has said Ridley, Simon, Ice Climbers, Snake, and Wolf (all of which were true).
He's also said a Gen 7 Pokemon that isn't Decidueye, Lycanroc, or Mimikyu (maybe Incineroar), Isabelle, and Ken (they remain to be seen).
Those are the only "official" things verg has said, right?

Last edited:

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Then that infamous fantasy Knuckles has (which has Amy and Sticks fawning over him, and then him flying away) becomes... eyebrow-raising... let's just say that.

Did the Boom team specifically say "[character] is ## years old" or did they just say "they are the same age as in the games".

Because if it's the latter, then they probably don't actually know how old the characters actually are.

Sonic might have been 16 in StC or something, which is why I got confused. *shrug*
They said "same age as the games" so maybe they were aware or they weren't idk.
StC is Sonic the Comics right? That's the one with the crazy super sonic right? I never looked into it.
The WEIRDEST thing about that manual was that one sentence paragraph about Cream that simply says,

"She also loves ice cream."

And NOTHING else! Like they didn't have ANYTHING to say about Cream the Rabbit! XD
Don't forget that Eggman is a feminist (Womanizer in the Japanese ver) kek

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
Are fake vergeben leaks the new thing now?
So far (if I recall correctly) Verg has said Ridley, Simon, Ice Climbers, Snaske, and Wolf (all of which were true).
He's also said a Gen 7 Pokemon that isn't Decidueye, Lycanroc, or Mimikyu (maybe Incineroar), Isabelle, and Ken (they remain to be seen).
Those are the only "official" things verg has said, right?
Yes.

?????????????

Smash Master
The only other thing that Verge has said is that he likes Golden Sun. And I mean....that's not a leak. That's just good taste.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
View attachment 159236

So, hypothetical:

> This is the full roster
> 103 stages
> Over 900 songs
> Spirits mode ends up like a pretty cool adventure/story mode

If the game came out today, without any other character reveals, but only adds what we've heard from Vergeben...

Yfw? Your score/10? Thoughts?
I see no reason to complain about this roster, and I certainly wouldn't do so myself.

I'm already loving the roster as is and a few of these remaining additions here would be the icing on the cake. It wouldn't be everyone from my most wanted (Isabelle is the only one among them mentioned by Vergeben so far) but it'd already be enough.

And Spirits as an actually improved Adventure/Story mode? I'm game for that.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I honestly believe for the first time that Skull Kid will be a newcomer. A lot of stuff to support this.
  • He's so iconic (and so is his game).
  • The moon being an assist trophy.
  • Majora's Mask 3D and Hyrule Warriors were popular Nintendo games of 2014-2015.
  • He's been requested for a long time, like Ridley and King K. Rool were.
  • Seeing a Metroid and Donkey Kong newcomer makes me think Sakurai is listening to the people who consider it important for certain universes to have newcomers.
  • He has a LOT of personality.
  • Sakurai abviously recognizes the popularity.
  • Ganondorf's Ocarina of Time design?/Young Link's return may have inspired Skull Kid's inclusion.
  • And this (I can't believe I'm giving this merit):

I was originally thinking the Moon assist trophy means he's definitely not playable, but then I remembered King K. Rool's cinematic Final Smash, and it makes a lot of sense that Skull Kid's would be the moon demolishing Clock Town, as apposed to how the assist trophy functions.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
If Namco Bandai is getting two more reps and they aren't from Tekken or Soul Calibur, that means that we are getting Lloyd Irving. The second character could be any other Namco Bandai character, including Agumon, Klonoa, or a Dark Souls character.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
No Heihachi? I call BS. Heihachi is Namco's #2 most popular character after PAC.

And No Calibur is a bit irritating. I love it, but it has gotten **** on lately. Hope the next one is good, and I'm sure they'd love to market the **** out of that.
Raphael for SCVI plz
Geralt would be cool. I know that isn’t Bandai Namco(right?) but Soul Caliber reminded me of it.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I honestly believe for the first time that Skull Kid will be a newcomer. A lot of stuff to support this.
  • Majora's Mask 3D and Hyrule Warriors were popular Nintendo games of 2014-2015.
  • Seeing a Metroid and Donkey Kong newcomer makes me think Sakurai is listening to the people who consider it important for certain universes to have newcomers.
  • Ganondorf's Ocarina of Time design?/Young Link's return may have inspired Skull Kid's inclusion.
Skull Kid isn't even in the same stratosphere as Ridley and K. Rool in terms of requests.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Unless Vergeben verifies it on Gamefaqs or reddit, any supposed screenshot of him saying something shouldn't be trusted, we've seen several faked posts/messages from him now, and if there's a real one like that one anon who was talking with Vergeben pre-E3, Vergeben will confirm it himself.

Now if they were two Namco characters not from Tekken/Soul Caliber, wouldn't it be Lloyd and an Echo based on him or Ms. Pac-Man off of Pac-Man?

KMDP

Smash Legend
They said "same age as the games" so maybe they were aware or they weren't idk.
StC is Sonic the Comics right? That's the one with the crazy super sonic right? I never looked into it.
Yes, Sonic the Comic is the one with the psychotic Super Sonic.

D

Deleted member

I was originally thinking the Moon assist trophy means he's definitely not playable, but then I remembered King K. Rool's cinematic Final Smash, and it makes a lot of sense that Skull Kid's would be the moon demolishing Clock Town, as apposed to how the assist trophy functions.
*Using chairs for a reference*

ErenJager

Smash Champion
The final boss in Spirits mode can only be defeated by a Spirit Bomb.

Mario.... Link... Share your energy with me.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I think I know what I want my two Bandai Namco reps to be:

Goddammit, I can't seem to find an Aeon Calcos image that doesn't ****ing break on this site

I don't know if they have anything in common :yoshi:

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Unless Vergeben verifies it on Gamefaqs or reddit, any supposed screenshot of him saying something shouldn't be trusted, we've seen several faked posts/messages from him now, and if there's a real one like that one anon who was talking with Vergeben pre-E3, Vergeben will confirm it himself.

Now if they were two Namco characters not from Tekken/Soul Caliber, wouldn't it be Lloyd and an Echo based on him or Ms. Pac-Man off of Pac-Man?
Vergeben isn't trusted even if he posts normally.

D

Deleted member

Yes, Sonic the Comic is the one with the psychotic Super Sonic.
Eww, that is the ugliest looking Super Sonic I have ever seen.
Also I heard there was a controversially bad artist in Sonic comics that just made Sonic unlikable.
The final boss in Spirits mode can only be defeated by a Spirit Bomb.
Uhhh, okay....

Last edited by a moderator:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I've said it before, but Smash Ultimate's roster is already pretty much perfect for me.
There are only one or two characters that would push it any farther on a personal level.

Actually Jungle Beat was rated E10+ by the ESRB:
View attachment 159246
Fun Fact is that not only was Jungle Beat rated E10+, but it was literally the first game to ever receive the rating.

Had the rating not just been created, it might have ended up being T.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I've said it before, but Smash Ultimate's roster is already pretty much perfect for me.
There are only one or two characters that would push it any farther on a personal level.

Fun Fact is that not only was Jungle Beat rated E10+, but it was literally the first game to ever receive the rating.

Had the rating not just been created, it might have ended up being T.
Which characters would you like as icing on the cake?

?????????????

Smash Master
In my last "roster" I made, I did Heihachi as my Namco newcomer, with Jin as an echo. I thought it was a cool mirror to the potential Ryu/Ken, Sonic/Shadow, Simon/Richter.

Kazuya probably makes more since as Heihachi's echo, but...eh. It works.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Eww, that is the ugliest looking Super Sonic I have ever seen.
Also I heard there was a controversially bad artist in Sonic comics that just made Sonic unlikable.
That was for the Archie comics Pre-Reboot. Post-Reboot, IDW, and StC have nothing to do with Ken Penders. They literally wiped all of his characters and none of them can be used anymore lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom