• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
The issue is that he ISN'T that different from Bayonetta. Trust me, if Dante gets added, then the smash community won't last past 2020. For the health of everyone I hope dante doesn't get in.

As a character? I like him a lot, good game even if I couldn't get past like boss 2 from the one I played, all respect for him, he can just stay away from this one particular game.

And before you say he wasn't that bad PS All Stars, that's a very different beast to smash, and when your competition was **** like Raiden Sly and Kat, even good characters wouldn't seem that amazing
You're assuming the worst.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Konami is. You misinrepreted it. I'm referring to Sega, Capcom, and Konami as companies
Okay but that's still not really what you want to say.
I think you meant to say ":ultrichter: third party series can't get other reps!:ultrichter:" or whatever, not companies, because then you could've just used :ultsimon: with Ryu and Bayonetta.

Staarih

Smash Master
Simply showcasing the opponent on the recieving end being on that island for even a split second would have really helped I feel. Just weird. Even if it was just them standing at the front of the island as the beam shoots in...
The opponent can actually be seen on the island, just really really small. They’re in front of the DK mountain’s ”eyes”, taking K. Rool’s shot. I’d post a comparison but I’m on mobile.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I think it's less about the Dante leak being credible and more about people arguing whether or not Dante is possible/deserved. and having strong opinions about it.
Plus Dante hasn't really been talked about much so it's a new conversation which I always approve of.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Nah but for real never knew Dante had so much hate after him

What makes him that different from Bayonetta?

The fact that he didn't have a game published by the big N?
I've found out that almost all third parties are icky and have cooties in this fanbase.

Try not to think too hard about it.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
A leaker from 4chan got a few things right about DMC5 from the recent DMC5 trailer. He also said Dante is in Smash.
I see, I see. Well, I ain't complainin'. I'd love to see Dante in Smash, especially if we get the DMC3 era design.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I still am the person who thinks that even if a leaker is real, a leaker can also be a troll and add fake stuff to their real leak, just to mess up with people. Leakers aren't necessarily saints or 100% honest people irl, you know…

If you look at the Final Smash, the part that actually sends the opponent flying is when K Rool jumps into them

Blowing up DK island is just a bonus
Sneaky as a crocodile. He's figthing in smash and he doesn't even care, it's just an elaborate ruse to blow up DK's Island. :p

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I still am the person who thinks that even if a leaker is real, a leaker can also be a troll and add fake stuff to their real leak, just to mess up with people. Leakers aren't necessarily saints or 100% honest people irl, you know…
Weren't you telling me the other day to not shut down any sort of speculation towards Skull Kid because it's fun? We know most leakers are bull****ting. Dante's a topic not normally brought up so it's interesting.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
The issue is that he ISN'T that different from Bayonetta. Trust me, if Dante gets added, then the smash community won't last past 2020. For the health of everyone I hope dante doesn't get in.

As a character? I like him a lot, good game even if I couldn't get past like boss 2 from the one I played, all respect for him, he can just stay away from this one particular game.

And before you say he wasn't that bad PS All Stars, that's a very different beast to smash, and when your competition was **** like Raiden Sly and Kat, even good characters wouldn't seem that amazing
To be fair, Kat was a very good character in PS All Stars, in fact one of the best. Ironically it was after I fell off the game, that I realize she was Top Tier.

I just like playing with her.

Last edited:

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
I really believe she's the only candidate for newcomer from Xenoblade Chronicles right now, and I think XC X deserves to have representation in the game. Rex & Pyra would be DLC for sure.
I totally agreed that’s a given.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
lol Loz joined the discord chat of the guy who predicted a lot of stuff (mimique or whatever he was called) and he is screwing around with everyone's heads in the chat… what a troll, man.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
lol Loz joined the discord chat of the guy who predicted a lot of stuff (mimique or whatever he was called) and he is screwing around with everyone's heads in the chat… what a troll, man.
1534884970796.jpeg

(Pretend Loz’s avatar is in the black square)

Also who’s mimique? Haven’t been keeping up on leaks as much as I should be

Iridium

Smash Hero

I assume you all have seen this, but I don't care. Just watch it.

Edit: Hmmm. This definitely isn't GamesCon at all.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I've found out that almost all third parties are icky and have cooties in this fanbase.

Try not to think too hard about it.
It's actually very straight forward (not that its a position I hold), I've seen it expressed a few times, lemme boil it down.

Many, many, many people, specially life long Smash fans, have obscure nintendo reps they want in. The reason these characters are possible is because Nintendo/Sakurai has the spirit of representing all of Nintendo, everything from the big names to unknowns. As long as its cool and its Nintendo Sakurai will give it a shot.

Once you start focusing strongly on thrid parties, the number of big name third party reps possible will make the obscure Nintendo ips less important or likely. Why would they put in Isaac when they can just put in Cloud, stuff like that.

Big name third parties are a threat to these smaller Nintendo ips that people have been requesting for a decade.

(EDIT: Or at least they are perceived that way)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What a hero...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
View attachment 159012

He's not a leaker. He just predicted stuff and some of that stuff happened. Some not perfectly, some oddly perfectly.

He doesn't claim to know anything though

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I believe he said Dante is DMC4 based in design and weapons. If true I hope he has his DMC1 outfit as an alt.
That is also acceptable. As long as we get that iconic red jacket/white hair look. Getting the reboot look would just be... insulting.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's actually very straight forward (not that its a position I hold), I've seen it expressed a few times, lemme boil it down.

Many, many, many people, specially life long Smash fans, have obscure nintendo reps they want in. The reason these characters are possible is because Nintendo/Sakurai has the spirit of representing all of Nintendo, everything from the big names to unknowns. As long as its cool and its Nintendo Sakurai will give it a shot.

Once you start focusing strongly on thrid parties, the number of big name third party reps possible will make the obscure Nintendo less important and likely. Why would they put in Isaac when they can just put in Cloud, stuff like that.

Big name third parties are a threat to these smaller Nintendo ips that people have been requesting for a decade.
Nah. Because reps aren't picked like that. No third party rep is keeping ANY Nintendo rep out of the game. Obscure or not.

It's just a lot of these people don't get out of the Nintendo sunlight. There have been people who didn't get why Ryu was a big deal, why Cloud, why Pac Man, why Simon.

At some point it just boils down to a lot of people seem to only want Nintendo characters because they have never dared to even venture outside of Nintendo franchises.

I mean during Smash 4 people legit didn't get that Pac Man was a huge deal, but turned around and made Shulk out to be a huge deal. It was weird. So weird.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
View attachment 159012

The guy who has been predicting stuff like crazy. We talked about him pages ago, i can't remember how the name is supposed to be spelled. Some Alex guy made a video talking about that dude and someone here shared the video as well. Right now there's a LOT of people in that discord chat. They are all being baited as hell by loz lol, it's funny to watch really

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Uh, guys. There was a thread on 4chan that just got literally everything correct about today's DMCV trailer. Why is this important?

The same guy says Dante is coming to Smash.
Interesting, a few questions though: Firstly, are we sure it's the same guy? It doesn't seem like there's a tripcode used, so it could be an imposter depending on the situation. Secondly, has anything in the second post turned out to be true? We have had cases where one part of a leak is on-point, but the supposed second part is almost completely inaccurate. Thirdly, which Smash leak is he talking about? There have been a couple Dante leaks flying around IIRC, so knowing which one he may be referring to could help in proving the legitimacy of the leak.

All in all, it's something to pay attention to, but I'm not quite buying it just yet. I want to see a few more details line up before putting any faith into it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I mean during Smash 4 people legit didn't get that Pac Man was a huge deal, but turned around and made Shulk out to be a huge deal. It was weird. So weird.
This can’t be legit...no way

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Heyo, I'm here again I guess. I'm assuming we all saw the Gamescon King K. Rool and Chrom vids, just checking to see if there was anything else I missed?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Heyo, I'm here again I guess. I'm assuming we all saw the Gamescon King K. Rool and Chrom vids, just checking to see if there was anything else I missed?
Nothing else has been missed...unless you missed out in a fun Dark Pit argument last night

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Nah. Because reps aren't picked like that. No third party rep is keeping ANY Nintendo rep out of the game. Obscure or not.

Yeah I edited in at the end they are perceived that way I don't think it represents a reality.

Also Pac Man to Shulk is a false equivalency.

Smash Brothers is seen (originally) as a Mascot Fighter. Or Video Game Icons Fighter. Pacman fits that nostalgia feel the series play towards.

D

Deleted member

Ah yes. Who could forget the legendary arcade classic, Xenoblade Chronicles?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Nothing so far but it's still the first day. Knowing nintendo they might not show anything until the very end of the last day, the 25th.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mimique guessed that Geno is one of the 3 unique guaranteed in, so hopefully his guessing track record continues

KMDP

Smash Legend
Skull Kid has been one of my most wanted character. But seeing his fanbase almost makes me not want the character in Smash. They suddenly grew overnight and became extraordinary arrogant, especially for a character no one believed had a chance just a short time ago.
I mean, you're not wrong.
I don't know you but I've been wanting him since Melee. Also I think any current fanbase that supports a very speculated character is behaving the same and getting newbies to support it out of nowhere.
I'll just drop this that I posted in the Isaac thread... >_>
Skull Kid is not necessarily a lock for Smash Ultimate; Skull Kid's fandom was at their quietest from the release of Smash 4 up to the August Direct, this includes the Ballot, when his support should have been at their loudest for best results.

I feel like people are beginning to see Skull Kid as a shoo-in, and are therefore setting themselves up for disappointment (and salt). It happened with Ridley (Sm4sh), it happened with K. Rool (S4DLC), it even happened with Waluigi (E3).

The only character who was a shoo-in (for Ultimate) was the Inklings, and we already have them.

Could Skull Kid get in? Yes, obviously. Is he guaranteed? No.
Emphasis on the Ridley, K. Rool and Waluigi thing.

As PsychoIncarnate said, the Skull Kid fandom grew pretty much overnight (as Nazyrus implied, he already had fans, they were just quiet), and seem to be becoming arrogant, seeing Skull Kid as a guarantee.

My quote was made in relation to someone saying they think Skull Kid might end up being a boss. Majora's Mask (the object) is an iconic piece of Legend of Zelda imagery, however Skull Kid does very little in terms of fighting himself. Majora does the fighting. I think people are setting themselves up for a repeat of the "Ridley's Shadow" debacle.

Last edited:

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Nothing else has been missed...unless you missed out in a fun Dark Pit argument last night
Something tells me I don't want to know.
Nothing so far but it's still the first day. Knowing nintendo they might not show anything until the very end of the last day, the 25th.
Yeah we saw how it went down at EVO. I'm not holding my breath but, I'm not ruling it out either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom