• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Bring on the Echoes..the more we have, the more characters we get to play as and the more amiibo figures to optionally get!

D

Deleted member

I'd be cool with Shadow, Ken and Impa, any others feel unnecessary at this point, we already have 6 of the things, any more than like 10 is stretching it. And I think Dixie and Isabelle should be their own characters.

Also, people need to stop with the echo concepts that make no sense for the sake of echoes, for example, bandana dee would not be an echo because that is stupid.
It doesn't help that the concept of 'echoes' is still a little unclear to most. I mean, each person has a slightly different definition of what an echo is (and some people have confused echoes for semi clones). So people post concepts for Echoes that have no business being echoes; like a Rex echo for Shulk.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
*King K. Rool win screen*

Xander Mobus: KING CRUEL!

Me: Wait what the ****?

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I guess that settles the "How to pronounce it" debate...

I've always said "Kay Rool," but looking at the japanese it should be "Kuh Rool." And that's what I heard from the victory screen.

Makes sense. I'll change the way I say it.
But nobody's gonna make me say "jif" That's just wrong.

EDIT: Wait, now I saw a different video with "Kay Rool." Are there two different English pronunciations?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's just a regional thing. Like Dedede vs Daydayday or Lucina vs Lukina.

D

Deleted member

Zoroark is nothing like Lucario.

Zoroark would be like Ditto or shang tsung if anything
It makes no sense for Zoroark to be a Ditto-fighter when all she does is make visual illusions, not actually transform into someone else. Comparing her to Ditto is a far reach.
And yet, Zoroark could work as a Lucario clone, the only move that would need changing would be Side-B, all the kicks remain the same and the palm attack sounds can be replaced by claw scratching ones
Zoroark was deconfirmed again
Wait, when did that happen?

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Rex's mechanic are the drivers though. You can't really replicate that with Arts faithfully.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Chrom doesn’t fight like Roy and I don’t think Dark Samus fights like normal Samus, so...
Rex's Aegis Sword doesn't have Monado Arts. Malos could. I've seen people suggest Malos as Shulk's echo.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Rex's mechanic are the drivers though. You can't really replicate that with Arts faithfully.
If there IS a Xenoblade 2 character that could be a Shulk echo it’s
Malos as his weapon functions a lot like the Monado. I’m only going off what others are saying tho and I don’t know the full context as I haven’t played the game so please don’t say anything more
and I saw an even bigger spoiler out of context too

D

Deleted member

Chrom doesn’t fight like Roy and I don’t think Dark Samus fights like normal Samus, so...
Isn't Fire Emblem an SRPG? So long as they both use swords, there's no difference in the animation, so technically, they DO fight like one another. Can't speak for Dark Samus, though; never played Metroid beyond Super Metroid.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
It doesn't help that the concept of 'echoes' is still a little unclear to most. I mean, each person has a slightly different definition of what an echo is (and some people have confused echoes for semi clones). So people post concepts for Echoes that have no business being echoes; like a Rex echo for Shulk.
Chrom shows that semi-clones can be Echo Fighters.
I guess that settles the "How to pronounce it" debate...

I've always said "Kay Rool," but looking at the japanese it should be "Kuh Rool." And that's what I heard from the victory screen.

Makes sense. I'll change the way I say it.
But nobody's gonna make me say "jif" That's just wrong.

EDIT: Wait, now I saw a different video with "Kay Rool." Are there two different English pronunciations?
Yeah, it's just a regional difference, like how Lucina's name is said in Japan with a hard C sound (like a K) but in the West with a soft C sound (like an S) or how King Dedede is Day-Day-Day in Japan but Dee-Dee-Dee in the West.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So, here's a question. Who was more popular during Smash For speculation. Rayman or Banjo-Kazooie? I think this is the area Sakurai will be digging for ideas on newcomers so whichever was more popular around the time of the ballot may be the one we're getting.

Or we could get both!

Please be both. Even if they're DLC.

D

Deleted member

So, here's a question. Who was more popular during Smash For speculation. Rayman or Banjo-Kazooie? I think this is the area Sakurai will be digging for ideas on newcomers so whichever was more popular around the time of the ballot may be the one we're getting.

Or we could get both!

I didn't even hear Banjo requests back then but I do remember Rayman being popular. His trophy and then the Omni leak only helped his popularity

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Or we could get both!

Easily Rayman. Especially after Artsy Omni's Rayman "leak." His popularity has only further been bolstered by Nintendo and Ubisoft's great relationship. Banjo & Kazooie have only popped up recently as a product of Nintendo and Microsoft's improving relationship and the possibility of Minecraft content as leaked by Vergeben.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Or we could get both!

I didn’t see people discussing Banjo and Kazooie as much as they were with Rayman. The fact the latter even got a trophy in 4, which is a HUGE honor for a third party that isn’t Sega, Capcom, Bamco, Squeenix or Konami, made him more popular too I’d think, as well as the Artsy Omni “leak”.

I wouldn’t mind him as DLC, but even if he’s an AT like Shovel Knight I’ll be content, he’d still be in at least

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice
So I've asked this before, but I like getting opinions on so I'll ask again.

Would you rather....

Get all information pertaining to the game including characters, stages, modes, etc. Today and just have to wait until December to play.

Or

Have small tidbits of information each day on the website with all being revealed by release.

Or

How we have it now with 1 or 2 more information dumps in directs between now and release.

Or

No more information, keep the speculation up and be surprised at release.

For me, I'd rather get all the information now. Not knowing kills me. But I'd probably regret it on the long wait. So what does everybody else think?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Would you rather....

Get all information pertaining to the game including characters, stages, modes, etc. Today and just have to wait until December to play.

Or

Have small tidbits of information each day on the website with all being revealed by release.

Or

How we have it now with 1 or 2 more information dumps in directs between now and release.

Or

For me, I'd rather get all the information now. Not knowing kills me. But I'd probably regret it on the long wait. So what does everybody else think?
Each day would be sweet. It wouldn’t be all at once and we’d have something new to look forward to every day.

tho part of me wants it all today just to confirm if at least one of my most wanted is in

D

Deleted member

Were there any leaks that said anything about Gamescom? Kinda curious what there is the potential for, reveal-wise, for this event. Its likely nothing, but its always fun to see, especially since the expiration date for the leak would be Saturday (so it isnt long to find out either way).

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Were there any leaks that said anything about Gamescom? Kinda curious what there is the potential for, reveal-wise, for this event. Its likely nothing, but its always fun to see, especially since the expiration date for the leak would be Saturday (so it isnt long to find out either way).
Wait, there was a Gamescom leak? Got a link?

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

Would you rather....

Or

Or

Or

Option 2 or 3. Option 1 would make no sense for them and would eat me inside I have to wait three months for all that content (already is). Option 4 would be boring and frustrating.

If I had to pick then Option 3. Love me an info dump.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

Would you rather....

Or

Or

Or

Reveals by day. Just enough to keep us interested each day as we go along to release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom