• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Ah ok; I forgot Gamescom was this week/weekend. Kinda hard to put stock in that rumor, I admit, but at the same time, if there's ever been a trend in leaks, its that there's always something stupid sounding in the true one. The same is for all leaks, really. I remember early X/Y leaks; the true one was the one nobody believed and thought was dumb; the one stating only 79 new pokemon (or whatever it was at the time) were to be added. For Smash Wii U, it was the one saying Duck Hunt would be in. For DBZ Fighterz; it was that Base Goku & Vegeta were coming (which seemed really dumb since there was already Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan Blue versions for both). Even way back to DBZ Tenkaichi 3; the rumor that ended up being true was the one that said General Blue fromt he Red Ribbon Army was in; something that NOBODY expected.

The true leaks are always the ones that nobody saw coming, nobody suggested, and few (if anyone) wanted. They're usually the ones that people fight the hardest against to disprove, too, due to general dislike by a majority of people.
See also: Shulk is a photoshopped Little Mac

56b.gif

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Reminds me of the Ridley boss tease. We had to wait six months before we finally got an official confirmation that the shadow was indeed a boss and not a character.

Poor marketing on Nintendo's part.
Yeah, that was the worst. Take a popular character, tease him, then make him part of a controversial new feature.

It can be argued that the hint was obvious but the ambiguity was what really killed it.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
If they were to quickly throw in a gen V Pokemon just to have one, I think the Pokemon Company would only let them make Zoroark from Lucario, or Emolga or Minccino from Pikachu.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Ya'know what's weird about Gothy that's been brought up in opposition to the other oddballs like :ultduckhunt::ultwiifittrainer::ultgnw::ultrob:

There's no "ah HA!" moment behind it that makes sense. Like Duck Hunt isn't really JUST duck hunt its an anthropomorphism of the Zapper and YOU the player.

WFT is the avatar associated with the game.

Mr. G&W is an amalgamate of the G&W games

And R.O.B is the toy personified.

Gothy is a pokemon from 5th gen... that's it.

Its not Zoroark its not the face of 5th gen just well, the 'new' Jynx:124:

If they were to quickly throw in a gen V Pokemon just to have one, I think the Pokemon Company would only let them make Zoroark from Lucario, or Emolga or Minccino from Pikachu.
Zoroark is nothing like Lucario.

Zoroark would be like Ditto or shang tsung if anything.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Taken from the video:

I can’t believe we didn’t need to have a trailer to see that Chrom and Lucina are ****ing dead :troll:

Honestly tho I hope Gamescom brings a new build with some previously unplayable characters in demos

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
It'd be pretty cool if we did have a Pokemon from each generation, though I doubt we'll end up seeing it.

I feel the only Gen III Pokemon that make sense for a Gen III representative are Sceptile, Blaziken, Gardevoir, and Deoxys. All four popular Pokemon from the generation, with the first two being starters with prominence in the show, the latter two being Poke Ball summons in past Smash games, and Deoxys being the focus of a movie. Deoxys was deconfirmed again though, whereas Gardevoir is MIA, and Sceptile and Blaziken are both still on the table.

Gen V I feel is a bit more simple, with Zoroark and Genesect the only two I feel have the most prominence out of the generation. Both had movies focused on them and were Poke Ball summons in Smash 4. Zoroark was deconfirmed again, though Genesect is currently MIA. The only other Gen V Pokemon I can see would be Victini, but I don't see it as likely as the other two.

Sceptile and Zoroark are two that I still would very much like to see one day.

?????????????

Smash Master
I don't think Pokemon in Smash would ever actually have a "representative" from each generation, but I like the idea of 3,4,5,6, and 7 being Sceptile, Lucario, Zoroark, Greninja, and Incineroar. That's a line-up I REALLY like.

Not sure about Gen 2, though. If it were up to me, I'd say Heracross, but I know a lot of people like Scizor. There's other choices too.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Honestly, there aren't many Gen V Pokémon who could work as an Echo of an existing character without feeling forced. For example, Zoroark attacks with its claws. Seeing it attack with Lucario's fancy kicks and jabs would be all sorts of weird.

...But I might be willing to take it if my boi Zoroark can finally get in Smash like he deserved to.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Back in Smash 4 Speculation, I remember the "Big 4" that people referred to were Ridley, King K. Rool, Palutena, and Little Mac, in reference to the "most wanted" newcomers.
I remember during the Smash 4 spec days when I was a lurker, everyone easily assumed they would all be confirmed right off the bat and nobody else would get in before them because of “importance and representation” lol.

Tbh, I kinda hated the Smash 4 speculation days cause I always thought people were really biased towards their fan made rules at the time.

Anyway, I dislike the idea of Gothelle happening.

I know I shouldn’t go by the “steal a spot” philosophy but she genuinely feels like one of those characters to me because I never seen anyone talk about her prior or being requested at all.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm fairly certain I have a MArill moveset lying around somewhere. I should see if I can find it.

Even if this demo is the same as the E3 build, keep an eye out, there may be Pokemon and assists we missed first time around.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think that Ivysaur, Charizard and Squirtle must have echo fighter versions.
Don't you agree?
Squrtle maybe if you stretch what a Koopa Troopa can do but who could echo Plant-Amphibian and bottom heavy dragon?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I already wish for more K Rool gameplay (and also more of that Gang-Plank Galleon)

Also I’m glad Lucina didn’t get new voice clips (I don’t wanna let go of Laura Bailey as Lucina)
I think that Ivysaur, Charizard and Squirtle must have echo fighter versions.
Don't you agree?
Eh
I'm fairly certain I have a MArill moveset lying around somewhere. I should see if I can find it.

Even if this demo is the same as the E3 build, keep an eye out, there may be Pokemon and assists we missed first time around.
And more of the rest of Gang-Plank Galleon...that’s a major priority)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay, so what would everyone's reaction to this trailer concept be?

It's nighttime. Wario walks atop a dusty desert dune and, over the horizon, spots some ancient ruins. He wipes the sweat from his brow and half-heartedly scratches his butt, clearly showing signs of fatigue, and he presses forward. As he walks, the camera pans upward to show a bustling city right at the outskirts of the desert, showing that he barely walked at all.

Inside the dilapidated temple, Wario spots something that hops away into a chamber. He follows it, thinking it will lead him to the fabled treasure. He corners the creature, who is guarding the ancient chest. It's Pichu. Wario does a backhanded slap, knocking the Baby Pokémon away, and it runs off crying.

Wario rubs his palms together and goes to pry open the chest, but a shadow looms over him. Wario looks ahead and sees Pichu waving at him with a wicked grin on its face. But Pichu isn't making the ominous shadow.

A blast of brilliant light zaps toward Wario as he quickly crumbles to a cartoony pile of dust with eyes and his signature nose and mustache. Blinking in disbelief, the soot pile stares up at the assailant. The camera pans to reveal...

SIGILYPH
Lines Up!

-GAMEPLAY MONTAGE-

Final scene shows Sigilyph floating around the area as soot-pile-Wario's eyes try desperately to reach the treasure, only for him to roll his eyes in annoyance that it's just out of reach.

Just for the sheer absurdity of it, how would you react?

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Could Rex (from Xenoblade Chronicles 2) be an echo of Shulk? Explain why.
I wouldn't understand why they would do that? Like, if they wanted Rex in the game, but didn't have the time to make him into a fighter, just wait for DLC (which I'm sure they're already thinking about).

Rex as an echo makes zero sense, it completely devalues everything he can bring to the table. Not to mention his arts really aren't the same and Pyra would be nowhere in his moveset except maybe a FS.

It ain't gonna happen.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

It's nighttime. Wario walks atop a dusty desert dune and, over the horizon, spots some ancient ruins. He wipes the sweat from his brow and half-heartedly scratches his butt, clearly showing signs of fatigue, and he presses forward. As he walks, the camera pans upward to show a bustling city right at the outskirts of the desert, showing that he barely walked at all.

Inside the dilapidated temple, Wario spots something that hops away into a chamber. He follows it, thinking it will lead him to the fabled treasure. He corners the creature, who is guarding the ancient chest. It's Pichu. Wario does a backhanded slap, knocking the Baby Pokémon away, and it runs off crying.

Wario rubs his palms together and goes to pry open the chest, but a shadow looms over him. Wario looks ahead and sees Pichu waving at him with a wicked grin on its face. But Pichu isn't making the ominous shadow.

A blast of brilliant light zaps toward Wario as he quickly crumbles to a cartoony pile of dust with eyes and his signature nose and mustache. Blinking in disbelief, the soot pile stares up at the assailant. The camera pans to reveal...

SIGILYPH
Lines Up!

-GAMEPLAY MONTAGE-

Final scene shows Sigilyph floating around the area as soot-pile-Wario's eyes try desperately to reach the treasure, only for him to roll his eyes in annoyance that it's just out of reach.

Like DK and Diddy did to DDD's prank.

D

Deleted member

I don't think Pokemon in Smash would ever actually have a "representative" from each generation, but I like the idea of 3,4,5,6, and 7 being Sceptile, Lucario, Zoroark, Greninja, and Incineroar. That's a line-up I REALLY like.

Not sure about Gen 2, though. If it were up to me, I'd say Heracross, but I know a lot of people like Scizor. There's other choices too.
Gen 2 Rep is Pichu, actually. Now that they've buffed him a bit, I might actually have fun using him. I use to only use him to annoy my friends since he was so tiny, I was nigh uncatchable! But that was back when we all sucked lol.

Pakky

Smash Hero
How would one introduce Banjo & Kazooie?

Like how Nuts and Bolts opened... just not with the morbid obesity?

No, wait... they fight :ultbayonetta: in a bayo styled trailer, with bullets and eggs flying everywhere and then the black background
falls away like the first E3 trailer for Nuts and Bolts.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

SIGILYPH
Lines Up!

-GAMEPLAY MONTAGE-

I'd be dying laughing.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
If any Pokémon is the posterboy of Gen 3, it's Blaziken. It was the only starter Pokémon other than the Kanto starters to get a Mega before ORAS, it was one of the handful of gen 3 Pokémon shown off early in the anime where it very notably won a battle against Charizard, it was alongside Lucario in that one teaser for Pokken Tournament years ago (despite not being in the very base version of the arcade game), it's always seen as May's signature Pokémon in various media (anime, ORAS short, manga), has a trophy in Brawl and Wii U, etc. If it somehow got into Smash Bros., I'd enter 100% pure unfiltered hype mode, as it also is my favorite Pokémon, but I'm a realist rather than an optimist.

?????????????

Smash Master

Maybe it could be like the Banjo-Tooie opening so we can watch Bottles die again, matching the "death theme" from the other trailers.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Ya'know what's weird about Gothy that's been brought up in opposition to the other oddballs like :ultduckhunt::ultwiifittrainer::ultgnw::ultrob:

There's no "ah HA!" moment behind it that makes sense. Like Duck Hunt isn't really JUST duck hunt its an anthropomorphism of the Zapper and YOU the player.

WFT is the avatar associated with the game.

Mr. G&W is an amalgamate of the G&W games

And R.O.B is the toy personified.

Gothy is a pokemon from 5th gen... that's it.

Its not Zoroark its not the face of 5th gen just well the 'new' Jynx:124:

Zoroark is nothing like Lucario.

Zoroark would be like Ditto or shang tsung if anything.
I literally said the same thing like a week or 2 ago when it was first brought up lol. Gothitelle would not make a good wtf character because years later we will still think "What were you thinking Sakurai?".

Also I don't think anyones mentioned it but it would also open up the salt flood gates of why anyone's favorite Pokemon couldn't get in. Like I don't expect Jynx, Sylveon, or Pumpkaboo (rip Mimikyu) to get in, but if Gothitelle did then I'd be pissed it wasn't a random Pokemon I liked.
Taken from the video:

I can’t believe we didn’t need to have a trailer to see that Chrom and Lucina are ****ing dead :troll:

Honestly tho I hope Gamescom brings a new build with some previously unplayable characters in demos
I didn't realize he got both of them in that video!!! I didn't know that could happen! What a good photo too.

EDIT: NVM you can't he's just hitting Chrom and it just looks like he got Lucina too lol.

Ridley and Dark Samus were seriously robbed a win in that fight, they played so well.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

No, wait... they fight :ultbayonetta: in a bayo styled trailer, with bullets and eggs flying everywhere and then the black background
Best way would to start off with Diddy Kong given he's the guy who knows Banjo.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I swear this new gameplay is faster. Am I right?

D

Deleted member

SIGILYPH
Lines Up!

-GAMEPLAY MONTAGE-

I would just stare in awe.
No words at all.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

SIGILYPH
Lines Up!

-GAMEPLAY MONTAGE-

I understood and know nothing about this
Charmander - Quilava
We have Charizard
I swear this new gameplay is faster. Am I right?
It is faster...but also sexier
Been thinking, would Virdi just summon plants instead of light as an echo of :ultpalutena: or would she be her own thing?
Probably both since she and Palutena use the exact same powers to help Pit (though Viridi has Reset Bombs and the green haired goddess does not)

DMTN

Smash Journeyman

Pit runs through the door, just like in every chapter of Kid Icarus Uprising. He flies face first into the Nintendo logo. From there it should be obvious how the trailer is going to play out.

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who's kind of "done" with echoes. Like people keep bring up new ones, but I really feel like we're fine. Ofc I might just say that since my two most wanted made it in, so I can see why people still want more. The only other ones I see as being important enough to be included are Dixie and Impa. Maybe Ken, Isabelle, and Shadow too, but that's still stretching the concept a bit imo

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802

Diddy Kong runs to Banjos house for help after fighting K. Rool. He’s ambushed by Gruntilda on the way. Kazooie hears it, wakes up Banjo and they go to help. “Banjo and Kazooie come out of hibernation”

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pit runs through the door, just like in every chapter of Kid Icarus Uprising. He flies face first into the Nintendo logo. From there it should be obvious how the trailer is going to play out.
Well atleast he wouldn't die...better than losing a soul, getting your skull crushed/stabbed, or getting ***** slapped to another dimension
Am I the only one who's kind of "done" with echoes. Like people keep bring up new ones, but I really feel like we're fine. Ofc I might just say that since my two most wanted made it in, so I can see why people still want more. The only other ones I see as being important enough to be included are Dixie and Impa. Maybe Ken, Isabelle, and Shadow too, but that's still stretching the concept a bit imo
Not stretched far enough

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I honestly do think that the match that showed K.Rool off bumped our expectations of him a lot. I'd be hard pressed to say that K.Rool is looking to be very good. I honestly hope Ridley is given a bit more handling to make him able to be more top tier, but K.Rool fans should be totally ecstatic by that match right there. That looked great... The only thing I do see a bit iffy about K.Rool is that a lot of his specials have end lag. Especially the blunderbuss move he has, holy cow that move seemed like it took ages to perform. I do see his neutral air being a great tool against other characters, especially since it comes out super fast and has a large hurtbox. He's also quite larger than I thought he would be. It seems like even Ridley would be smaller than him.

Also on a side note, not about K.Rool, I do hate the sound that plays when the score pops up during a KO. It's kinda... loud and a bit annoying.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Also on a side note, not about K.Rool, I do hate the sound that plays when the score pops up during a KO. It's kinda... loud and a bit annoying.
Probably a one game thing or something you can add

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I'd be cool with Shadow, Ken and Impa, any others feel unnecessary at this point, we already have 6 of the things, any more than like 10 is stretching it. And I think Dixie and Isabelle should be their own characters.

Also, people need to stop with the echo concepts that make no sense for the sake of echoes, for example, bandana dee would not be an echo because that is stupid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom