• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
let's start our campaign to get nintendo to buy capcom!
Nintendo VS Marvel gonna be lit

I got one for geno

mattx20 pointed this out

Check this out

Now let’s recall back to the vifram figure Sakurai bought shall we

I think you would use a action figure to do poses like that and also the gun since geno has lack of beam gun

For bonus points you got 6 out of 8 palette swaps right there
Again, it's likely more for Mach Rider because the rifle is not only more similar, Sakurai would've used another type of figma if all he was aiming for was to use the barrel of the guns only.

Another ****ing USA palette, though. That's pretty funny.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
No, that's literally how it happened.

Geno was popular in Japan during Melee, and it spilled over to the West.

Even a pebble can snowball into an avalanche if given enough time.

it was a bit more than just spilling over from japan. geno was popular in the west too.

geno was popular everywhere even before the brawl speculation days, mario rpg was just 10 years old in the lead up to brawl and it took a few years after its release to really catch on so it was pretty "fresh" in people minds back then. square left nintendo during the n64 days and had only fairly recently returned to nintendo around that time and a lot of fans were hoping for a revival of square and nintendos glory days. the same year brawl came out we got the chrono trigger DS port for instance. We got the mario and luigi game in late 2003 and it had a small geno cameo and honestly fans of the mario series had been wanting geno/mallow back in the mario series for like the sports games and stuff. having square make games for nintendo again felt like geno would probably return in some way and fans would talk about him for everything, mario kart /mario sports games /or even making a true mario rpg sequel etc...

then the trailer for brawl dropped and it had pit and snake in it. pit was a forgotten nintendo series being revived and snake was a third party owned character. suddenly everyone under the sun felt likely. a forgotten by nintendo but loved by fans character like geno, from a third party company that just recently started working with nintendo again felt like it could happen. this was the chance to get geno back into mario and into nintendo.

then there was a poll in japan for most wanted characters. the top 3 choices were 1. sonic 2.megaman 3.geno... geno got number three under sonic and megaman he was THAT popular of a character people wanted nintendo to do stuff with again. back then peoples roster expectations were crazy and honestly much closer to what we seem to be getting with ultimate and people really thought sakurai would deliver a bunch of third party chaarcters and those top three seemed like they'd be the top candidates.

so yeah after the japan poll he snow balled out of control into having a huge fan base cause it felt like it could happen, but the popularity was already there and widespread its just that japan poll made it seem actually likely to happen.

obviously we didnt get geno but sakurai has acknowledged him every step of the way since and hopefully we will finally get him in the game, his fans have been really loyal and yes he seems extremely outdated and almost like a smash meme that many people dont even understand how it got started but its honestly been like a decade+ long cause to get him in smash and back into nintendo finally.

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
The thing that still bugs me about the whole "Robot Gun" theory is that it doesn't really apply to any other popular character except for maybe Elma...

If I were to be 100% completely honest... It's likely more of a hint to a new Kid Icarus game rather than a new Smash Fighter. Pit has used simular weaponry in KIU and staffs also function as sniper rifles... It could likely be made for that game since I'm not sure if Pit uses a staff in Smash Bros.

Then again, the whole stage/game object speculation thing is kinda wack anyways since the Blue Falcon appears in Port Aero Dive regardless if Falcon is in the fight or not. So... maybe we may be thinking to much of this or maybe they actually had the time to think about how weird it is for Falcon to be fighting while the Blue Falcon is racing and they gave us a new Easter Egg.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
The thing that still bugs me about the whole "Robot Gun" theory is that it doesn't really apply to any other popular character except for maybe Elma...

If I were to be 100% completely honest... It's likely more of a hint to a new Kid Icarus game rather than a new Smash Fighter. Pit has used simular weaponry in KIU and staffs also function as sniper rifles... It could likely be made for that game since I'm not sure if Pit uses a staff in Smash Bros.

Then again, the whole stage/game object speculation thing is kinda wack anyways since the Blue Falcon appears in Port Aero Dive regardless if Falcon is in the fight or not. So... maybe we may be thinking to much of this or maybe they actually had the time to think about how weird it is for Falcon to be fighting while the Blue Falcon is racing and they gave us a new Easter Egg.
Alright but where's the Vulture from Super Mario 64

...and this is a sign that I should leave the house soon for fresh air.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
"so I hope you aren't expecting too many new fighters" - Is what Sakurai said

He didn't say "we're not putting in too many new fighters." He wanted us to lower our expectations

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Maybe not a full on direct, but a Direct Mini and/or surprise stream with a reveal or two...?

I’m kinda expecting it to be

Elma - there’s an upcoming patch for Xenoblade 2 that adds her as an enemy Blade that can be recruited upon defeat. Perhaps a Smash reveal for her at the same time could be expected...?
As my most wanted first party character, I'm hoping it happens. I'm also hoping Shantae gets revealed on the Direct too or on the Nindies direct.
Smash is about fanservice and advertising. Think for a second about the amount of series that have had a huge bump thanks to Smash
Other than Amaterasu being a unique character, with a outstanding design, new mechanics for Smash, and various movesets to choose from, I also want Amaterasu to be revealed as a newcomer for Smash, so that there would be more incentive to make Okami 2 (and no, I don't mean Okamiden ,although Chibiterasu as an AT would be great).

Hideki Kamiya already hinted at wanting to make Okami 2 and Bayonetta 3 (the latter of which he's already working on), So if she makes it in we could possibly see an Okami 2 being released. It's a series that could really use more love in my opinion.
It's not super relevant to our current discussion, but after Verg said Decidueye isn't happening, so many people are acting like Incineroar is the only option left for Pokemon newcomers. I think people are just expecting that it has to be a starter because our Pokemon newcomer (Greninja) was one in the last game. But remember how everyone thought Zoroark would be in because it was "Gen 5's Lucario"?

I wanted to do this for a while, but I thought I'd go over every single Generation 7 Pokemon I feel has potential for a fighter aside from the already widely talked about Lycanrock/Mimikyu(Rip)/Decidueye/Incineroar/Buzzwole and why.

Primarina

It already has starter status, so it's guaranteed to be well recognized and popular. It has moveset potential in sound based attacks and creating bubbles out of water. People argued that it would be awkward watching it crawl around on land but I could easily see it using a similar dash animation to Squirtle. It's large tale could be used in a lot of attacks similarly to Mewtwo.

Silvally

This pokemon is prominent in Sun and Moon's story, advertising and lore. It's got one heck of a design as well. It's move set potential might be somewhat limited by being a quadruped with no vines or duck riding on its back, but it has a large enough selection of learn able moves in its own games that they could get creative with it. It could also incorporate type changes into its moveset gimmick. I'm personally imagining giving it moves that increase in power and knockback when it matches their type as a way to incorporate STAB (same type attack bonus) into Smash Bros gameplay.

Kommo-o

Not as popular as the other pokemon listed, this pokemon also has a stand out design. Being a psuedo-legendary and the final totem challenge in Sun and Moon, it's iconic enough. It's long arms could help set it apart from the likes of Charizard, as well as its heavy scales. Maybe its signature move, Clanging Scales, could be incorporated as an extremely powerful attack that also causes it to take extra damage for a short while.

Tapu-Koko

Another standout Pokemon, Tapu-Koko appears early in Sun and Moon's story and is the most recognizable of the Tapus. It has a memorable pokemon design and could use its bizarre hands to "peck" and "bit" its opponents for its standard attacks. Electric Surge could potentially be used as a stage control special move that increases the damage of electrical attacks to opponents within its area of effect while also preventing sleep. Guardian of Alola is also just screaming to be a Final Smash.

Pheromosa

We're always bringing up Buzzwole but never its feminine counterpart, Roach-Form Deoxys. As well as having exact equal importance to Buzzwole within SM, its humanoid body would also lend well to its moveset potential. Being a total glass canon in competitive play, she could be an extreme lightwight with amazing rush down capabilities. Or you could make her into a Bayonetta echo and make her just as toxic to fight as she was in early Competitive S/M.

Or you know, I could be wrong about all of these and it could be Nihilego or Necrozma or Golisopod or something. There's just so much potential here it's just frustrating to me how we're all just talking about the same small handful of mons. Incineroar is likely, but when there's this much potential lying around, it is by no means the only one we should be looking at.
Although Gardevoir is my most wanted Pokémon newcomer, Primarina is my most wanted Gen 7 Pokémon (as if anyone couldn't tell). I made a moveset where it would have a performance gauge, if its filled by attacking or KOing the opponents, it increases Primarina's speed and attack.

I also gave it a throw conversion mechanic, where it traps the foe in a water orb, and can switch from one throw to the next without canceling (unless cancelled by the enemy) like how seals can switch from one ball trick to the next without dropping it.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Did you just confirm Captain Syrup?
Ha ha ha, no, that's a pipe dream.

I was thinking more of Mona and Jimmy.

Alright but where's the Vulture from Super Mario 64

...and this is a sign that I should leave the house soon for fresh air.
Odyssey is still too recent, and he showed up in that.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm not putting a lot of stock in Smash character announcements coinciding with new game releases and whatnot.

Remember when Ashley was definitely going to be revealed in the August Direct because WarioWare Gold just came out?

Gumzilla

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys think we'll get more of Master Core? Maybe as an optional boss in Spirits?

D

Deleted member

Question: If Ken is a Ryu Echo, and Echoes can have unique FS, and Ryu has 2 Final Smashes......

......does this mean Ken will have 2 FS as well?

I mean i guess there's Shippu Jinrai Kyaku and Shoryureppa to work out with.

Untouch

Smash Master
I'd rather have ribbon girl, her unique jump moves would fit better in smash, and they both share the cover and reveal so they're kind of both main characters.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
But that doesn't make any sense.
Competitive players wouldn't even READ competitive patch notes to begin with.
Not releasing the patch notes just delays the correct information from coming out, causes more misinformation, and gives them more backlash.

That Cloud player is still gonna be pissed his main got nerfed (and honestly, who gives a ****, that's how balancing is always going to go) and now the armchair devs are going to squabble on information that might not even be real on top of the inevitable real info.

It's lose-lose-lose.
Losing all around.
See you're looking at too big of a field of people, the kinds who go online and seek out this information once the patch notes aren't there. Even your random commenters on reddit are putting way more effort into seeking out information than the type of person Nintendo is considering by not releasing notes. There's a huge class of people who will never notice Cloud was nerfed despite playing as him who will never work out the specifics. Sometimes people will placebo incorrect information but usually that incorrect placebo is increasing their opinion of the game (they're imagining things work better than they do). I'm totally unconvinced Nintendo cares at all if people accurately understand the game mechanics. Nintendo certainly doesn't care about our struggles correcting that misinformation; I bet if you asked them in a context they could speak freely and not worry about PR, they'd laugh and tell us it sounds like a personal problem.

Counter-argument: Splatoon.
People don't get emotionally invested in Splatoon weapons like they do Smash characters.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
See you're looking at too big of a field of people, the kinds who go online and seek out this information once the patch notes aren't there. Even your random commenters on reddit are putting way more effort into seeking out information than the type of person Nintendo is considering by not releasing notes. There's a huge class of people who will never notice Cloud was nerfed despite playing as him who will never work out the specifics. Sometimes people will placebo incorrect information but usually that incorrect placebo is increasing their opinion of the game (they're imagining things work better than they do). I'm totally unconvinced Nintendo cares at all if people accurately understand the game mechanics. Nintendo certainly doesn't care about our struggles correcting that misinformation; I bet if you asked them in a context they could speak freely and not worry about PR, they'd laugh and tell us it sounds like a personal problem.

People don't get emotionally invested in Splatoon weapons like they do Smash characters.
It's still a fair argument. Splatoon 1+2 were after Smash

Though, that's a fair point.

D

Deleted member

My old list of "mysteriously absent" characters has now been updated.

-Dark Samus:
a. No Assist seen
b. Samus' palette for Dark Samus is missing

-Shadow:
a. No Assist seen
b. Different Sonic character Assist (Knuckles) seen

-Isabelle:
a. No Assist seen
b. Different Animal Crossing character Assist (Kap'n) seen

-Ashley:
a. No Assist seen

-Chrom:
a. Robin's Final Smash currently unknown
b. Ike's palette for Chrom is missing

-Lip:
a. No Lip's Stick item seen

-Sandbag:
a. Prop seen at E3 booth AND Evo
b. No in-game appearance seen

-Skull Kid:
a. No Assist seen
b. Different Majora's Mask Assist (Moon) seen

-Ken:
a. Ryu's faded red palette is missing (the original palette it's based on is seemingly a Ken reference while Ken has a Ryu reference palette in the same game)

-Gardevoir:
a. No Poké Ball summon seen

Issac isn't on this list since he wasn't in Smash 4, either. An absence isn't as notable.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
BANJO VS STEVE - A POINTLESS ESSAY

It's so pointless I made my own custom template just to show how dedicated I am for such a pointless discussion.

View attachment 158586

EDIT: Decided to not spoiler the image because that's what's gonna draw people to read it maybe. If a mod's not okay with it just lock it up and sue or something idk how this works

So basically if you didn't read my post from a little while ago, I think Banjo and Steve are the biggest of the triad of Microsoft IPs, with the lowest end being Microsoft's own creation: Master Chief. But who would top out in Smash between the two? I got no ****in' idea I'm not Sakurai and I don't wanna pretend like I know the most probable outcome in a choice; because I don't. I'm not even a legal adult yet, I shouldn't be trusted with these options.
But what I can present is my stupid worthless opinion and a little bit of facts here and there to maybe help some others get their big high IQ brains going.

Banjo first appeared in 1998 on the Nintendo 64, probably something you already know. But when Microsoft took that sweet sweet Rare IP, so did his ties with Nintendo. However, with Nintendo and Microsoft being all buddy buddy in recent years, this could be his chance at a new appearance for the first time in a decade.

What Banjo (and the unrelated Conker and that chick from Perfect Dark) has over all other Microsoft IPs, he does have a significant advantage in. That is his preexisting ties with Nintendo.

As the recent craze of bringing characters that have been requested in the same amount of time that Banjo has disappeared from the face of the planet (Ridley, Simon Belmont, King K. Rool, and possibly more!), that could make his revival all the more imminent if the trend continues. Banjo may have scored really high on the Ballot, which will play a big role in his favor and is probably the biggest make-or-break he has. Many people are confident in his potential results.

Hell, even Phil Spencer said he wouldn't mind putting him in! That's surely a done deal, right?
Well, not really. Phil Spencer could've likely said the same about any big Microsoft IP, but he was only asked about Banjo specifically. Who knows what would've happened if he was asked to choose what character from Microsoft he would've wanted the most, but that's just his opinion and nothing more... like his tweet. Phil isn't the say all for these types of decisions, and what comes out in the end may not come exactly as Phil expressed his gratitude for.

Also, Banjo Kazooie isn't really as big of a hit in the East as it was in the West. As many as near 2 million units in North America is shaking between 450k to 550k in Japan (thats about 1/4 compared to NA sales). I know, I know, :ultridley::ultlittlemac: being in the game kind of makes that point obsolete if you see it as such, but it could be a big issue as I will talk about in our next character's descriptions.

Rare owns Banjo, but there are other series that are currently live and could be picked over Banjo. That is, Fulgore from Killer Instinct (or really anyone from that game) or Rash from Battletoads (which was both a character in KI and is in the new Battletoads remake coming next year). And both IPs have made their appearances on Nintendo consoles before, even on separate generations!

Steve is an unnamed enigma, but Minecraft's official release came out in 2009 on the PC. Microsoft grabbed the IP from Mojang a few years ago, and has been going strong in its advertising, making it one of the alltime best selling games that Microsoft owns. So what's so special about this enigma?

Let's get the obvious out of the way. Minecraft is huge; really huge. Holy **** it's one of the best selling games period. With over 100 million copies on its belt and continuously rising, this thing is nuts over the globe. This is not only true in the West, but also in the East, where Japan sales of the game have reached millions upon millions on the multiple platforms he has appeared on. Even Japan resident user Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom mentions accounts of seeing children mention the game.

This is definitely a defining edge over Banjo, which is Minecraft's sheer popularity.

Did I mention multi-platform? Minecraft has made its way from PC, to Xbox, the Playstation, and of course, Nintendo consoles on the Wii U, 3DS, and Switch. Minecraft is everywhere, and if you want a system (and game) seller, Minecraft is the way to go in Smash Bros. I'm not suggesting Sakurai should go the money route, but if he sees fit, the madman may just.

Remember when I mentioned Nintendo and Microsoft being buddy buddy as of late? What game do you think started that? Certainly wasn't Banjo Kazooie. Minecraft and its crossplay feature for both Nintendo and Xbox consoles helped form a friendly relationship. Microsoft may have formed a circle around its game to be used, since its both its best selling and most recent familiar shared property with Nintendo at the moment.
As I've mentioned before, Steve is an enigma. He's not really a mascot, that goes more towards mob enemies such as the Creeper. It may not be wise to use such a generic avatar. I'm not a personal fan of this argument (due to :ultmiifighters::ultrobin:ultcorrin: being just that), but you have to see both sides to remain truly neutral.

Minecraft may also conflict with the art style, as many as argued it to be too drab or "ugly" for Smash's design.

People are also reluctant to share the same audience as the shunned Minecraft audience, which includes various internet celebrities and waves of children.

Finally, the biggest hitter: the Smash Ballot. Banjo could have scored high, and as we've seen, the Ballot seems to take some type of priority over newer characters in some shape or form. If it's big enough, Minecraft definitely won't have a playable scene.

This is probably the biggest battle of Popular Nostalgia VS Popular Relevancy that I have seen for Smash character dilemma. No character is really a better choice than the other when it comes to how much they can qualify more than others. I can't say one character deserves a slot more than another because saying characters deserve to be in a crossover game is pretty dumb as is. It's mostly down to opinion on what you think.

"But Banjo obviously scored high on the polls! Steve never has a chance!", I hear one guy cry out.
That's what you may think. But remember how people talked about the big "meme" or "impossible" ballots, like Goku or Shrek. Allow me to wrap you in some tinfoil for a moment. Would you believe me if I told you that due to its large audience, Minecraft may have an impactful placing on the polls? Now it may seem pretty out of thought, because even I'm skeptical that enough kids are playing Smash Bros. to flood the market with Minecraft votes, but I don't believe that it's impossible. I'll let you think about that proposal, get a big thonker going on.

I hope my rambling gave some insight or maybe it was a fun read to look into.
or maybe i'm just dumb and wrong and nobody will even read it but who knows
Yay! I was mentioned. I feel loved!

But yeah, Minecraft is one of the few successful Western franchises that’s flourished in Japan as a mainstream title. The others that I see achieve such a distinction is probably GTA and Call it Duty. And recently Fortnite to an extent. But I would consider Minecraft to be in a tier of its own. Having Minecraft would probably be a huge selling point for the elementary to junior high population of Japan.

Last edited:

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
I have the strong suspicion that once smash ultimate is done roster wise, "echo" is just going to mean "clone character that was in ultimate". Every echo we get breaks a rule we previously thought defined them.

While I'm not sure we'll get anything on the scale of what we would call a semi-clone ala wolf, Lucas, or Luigi, I think if we did they would still get the echo designation.

What do you guys think? If we got say, a falcon semi clone (some alternate moves/different stats/different knockback angles/etc) in ultimate, do you think they would get the echo designation?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

-Dark Samus:
a. No Assist seen

-Shadow:
a. No Assist seen

-Isabelle:
a. No Assist seen

-Ashley:
a. No Assist seen

-Chrom:

-Lip:

-Sandbag:

-Skull Kid:
a. No Assist seen

-Ken:
a. Ryu's faded red palette is missing (the original palette it's based on is seemingly a Ken reference while Ken has a Ryu reference palette in the same game)

-Gardevoir:

Issac isn't on this list since he wasn't in Smash 4, either. An absence isn't as notable.
Are you seriously bringing the possibility of a playable Sandbag?

Oh god, it would be nuts if that happened.

Especially since the return of rage makes it so that Pichu's gimmick isn't much of a joke anymore...

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I've seen people say Shadow shouldn't be an Echo because he has several unique attacks. To that I say...The exact same thing applied to Dark Samus. Dark Samus pretty much fought nothing like Samus in her games, and here she is. They just changed a lot of animations to retain her feel as a character. If Shadow is indeed in as an Echo, They'll do the exact same thing with him.

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I have the strong suspicion that once smash ultimate is done roster wise, "echo" is just going to mean "clone character that was in ultimate". Every echo we get breaks a rule we previously thought defined them.

While I'm not sure we'll get anything on the scale of what we would call a semi-clone ala wolf, Lucas, or Luigi, I think if we did they would still get the echo designation.

What do you guys think? If we got say, a falcon semi clone (some alternate moves/different stats/different knockback angles/etc) in ultimate, do you think they would get the echo designation?
Yes, In fact that's how I kinda of expect the whole thing for the game to be like. F-Zero is a franchise that isn't as popular and never got revived due to re-interest like Mother and Fire Emblem, so as a sort of "gesture" to F-Zero fans... Black Shadow is going to be added in as a Falcon Echo with more adjustments to him than other echos to sort of make him seem to be a "newcomer" rather than an "echo"

D

Deleted member

Especially since the return of rage makes it so that Pichu's gimmick isn't much of a joke anymore...
Everyone. Is. Here.:troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

I wouldn't be so hopeful of "Pichu's revenge". Custom Balance may mean that rage can be altered to a minimal or nonexistent presence in the game. AKA the competitive community may opt to have it as the standard ruleset, meaning Pichu is trash again.

Shroob

Sup?

-Dark Samus:
a. No Assist seen

-Shadow:
a. No Assist seen

-Isabelle:
a. No Assist seen

-Ashley:
a. No Assist seen

-Chrom:

-Lip:

-Sandbag:

-Skull Kid:
a. No Assist seen

-Ken:

-Gardevoir:

While we haven't seen Sandbag in game, we have seen it in the Training Mode image...

.......unless.........

StormC

Smash Hero
Yay! I was mentioned. I feel loved!

But yeah, Minecraft is one of the few successful Western franchises that’s flourished in Japan as a mainstream title. The others that I see achieve such a distinction is probably GTA and Call it Duty. And recently Fortnite to an extent. But I would consider Minecraft to be in a tier of its own. Having Minecraft would probably be a huge selling point for the elementary to junior high population of Japan.
I mean, if Sakurai thought of it that way, he would have added Monster Hunter to Smash 4 instead of Mega Man if he wanted to appeal to kids so badly instead of older fans.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I wouldn't be so hopeful of "Pichu's revenge". Custom Balance may mean that rage can be altered to a minimal or nonexistent presence in the game. AKA the competitive community may opt to have it as the standard ruleset, meaning Pichu is trash again.
Not exactly. Depends on his setups, frame data, how the meta shapes up, etc.

D

Deleted member

I'm not putting a lot of stock in Smash character announcements coinciding with new game releases and whatnot.

Remember when Ashley was definitely going to be revealed in the August Direct because WarioWare Gold just came out?
I remember. I was one of the people who starting thinking it was a strong possibility, and that she was getting more likely by the day.

...Yeah, take it from me, try not to over-hype yourself about any one character, lol. I've started lowering my expectations for Isabelle so that I don't end up bummed if she remains an AT. What I view as evidence is more than likely simple coincidence. Nothing is ever guaranteed until it actually happens, after all.

Honestly, low expectations are good for these kinds of things IMO. That way if you do get what you want, it instantly feels 20% more satisfying and special! I went into the last Direct with the mindset that K. Rool was impossible, that there was no way on earth they'll ever do it. When he appeared on screen? I lost it, lol. It was amazing to see something I really wanted, yet thought impossible, actually happen. It's something I'll remember for a long time, that's for sure.

Basically, supporting a character is fun, but I feel like it's best to go in not expecting that character. It's also good to acknowledge that there isn't really any character more "deserving" of a spot than others, and that everyone has a favorite they're hoping for. Just my two cents on the matter. :)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
A featherweight like Pichu would still really struggle to fully capitalize on rage. By the time it gets to the point were it really kicks in, Pichu will probably be weak enough to be killed by a random f-tilt. It'd be much better spent on a super heavy.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
You could have literally just put why you liked Isaac and I would just say thank you and been on about my day. At least you actually did do that unlike the others.

Unfortunately, you still just come at me as if I’m an idiot who doesn’t understand what an opinion is. News flash genius: I said it was just an opinion in my post. I also said I’m very ignorant of the Golden Sun and Crash Bandacoot series’. WHICH IS WHY I EVEN MADE THE POST. I was just voicing my opinion, which I am allowed to have regardless of whether or not you snowflakes like it or not. I wanted people to explain why they liked Isaac, and the other two. I am open to changing my mind.
Funny enough, i don't think you ever implied that with your post. Never one did you say, " I wanted people to explain why they liked Isaac, and the other two. I am open to changing my mind." Never ONCE did you imply or say that. All you said were all the reasons why Isaac didn't have any chance. And asked why i liked him. So i did. Why is that so shocking to you?

Last I checked, that is what people want: someone open to a character they aren’t exactly into. But no by all means just tell me I’m a **** with bad grammar instead.
Funny enough, i only said you had bad grammar, and that your reasoning is bull****. Never once did i call you anything. Insulting your grammar and reasoning is actually seperate from calling someone names.

“Fix your grammar” lol dewd it’s a forum post. Get over yourself. >.> Nice petty jab though. Glad we can be adults about having different opinions.
Yes. But i also wanted to critique your grammar, as i barely could understand you at first. However, you had an opportunity to critique me on my grammar, as i realize that my grammar can also not be steller. So i concede that the critique was hypocritical coming from me.
Also, it wasn't a jab. It was a critique.

That’s my issue with this whole site. “This is my current opinion. Please explain why you have a different one.”

Ya’ll: “Dude shut up your opinion is bad learn to type.”
You know there is such thing as a poorly explained opinion, right? or a poorly formed one, right? Just because it's "your opinion" doesn't make your opinion any less susceptible to criticism.

And then ya’ll act like I’m antagonizing people. I JUST WANTED TO HEAR A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE. I meant no offense by my post. It literally was just my current thoughts on the series. But please be offended by me not growing up with your characters.
Your last post:
With that being said claiming "these 4 characters are THE most wanted Smash characters *period*" is complete and utter bull**** and I've already said why.

Apperently calling their pick bull**** as well as a bunch of others is antagonistic. Who knew?
Also, i get you. You wanted to hear a different perspective. However, repeating your earlier point does not make me believe you any less.
Once again: Ya’ll call Daisy fans toxic. I can’t even voice a dissenting opinion without people jumping at my throat about it.
Once again, looking at my post. I don't think i was that offensive towards you. All i did was deconstruct your current arguments, explaining why they're poor.

TLDR just ****ing explain why you like something. It isn’t hard. Cut the antagonistic crap just because someone doesn’t understand why you like something
Weren't YOU the one who was being antagonistic as well your own logic? If you really wanted to hear other people's opinion, then maybe you shouldn't have put yourself on the offensive in the first place. This comes off as very dishonest.

TLDR; I was pretty disapointed with your response.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I remember. I was one of the people who starting thinking it was a strong possibility, and that she was getting more likely by the day.

...Yeah, take it from me, try not to over-hype yourself about any one character, lol. I've started lowering my expectations for Isabelle so that I don't end up bummed if she remains an AT. What I view as evidence is more than likely simple coincidence. Nothing is ever guaranteed until it actually happens, after all.

Honestly, low expectations are good for these kinds of things IMO. That way if you do get what you want, it instantly feels 20% more satisfying and special! I went into the last Direct with the mindset that K. Rool was impossible, that there was no way on earth they'll ever do it. When he appeared on screen? I lost it, lol. It was amazing to see something I really wanted, yet thought impossible, actually happen. It's something I'll remember for a long time, that's for sure.

Basically, supporting a character is fun, but I feel like it's best to go in not expecting that character. It's also good to acknowledge that there isn't really any character more "deserving" of a spot than others, and that everyone has a favorite they're hoping for. Just my two cents on the matter. :)
I think it's good to try to look at Smash speculation objectively. I have been pretty bullish on K. Rool having a real shot of being in this game since E3. I also thought Ashley had a good chance, if not as good, and was clearly proven wrong on that. But it made sense after Ashley's deconfirmation, and the dual reveal of Simon and K. Rool, since it was obvious this is a very prestigious roster and it's hard to get into no matter who you are.

Obviously don't expect the character you want to be in, but the fact that I was very confident on K. Rool's chances didn't make it any less mindblowing and exciting when they actually showed him.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I mean, if Sakurai thought of it that way, he would have added Monster Hunter to Smash 4 instead of Mega Man if he wanted to appeal to kids so badly instead of older fans.
That’s very true and I’m pretty sure he doesn’t think that way hence why Mega Man was chosen. And Mega Man did enjoy more support and request than MH back then. However, in regards to these two MS reps (and maybe...Master Chief...?? Please??), who knows. It’s popularity vs legacy I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom