• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
So if this info is legit, and it's looking to potentially be so, this would be our current Newcomer/Echo lineup

Newcomer: :ultinkling::ultridley::ultsimon::ultkrool::Incineroar:

Echo: :ultdaisy::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::Isabelle: :Ken:

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
Well as far as Steve goes I don’t see it happening. If we were in the Smash 4 era? Oh yeah Steve would definitely be in over Banjo. As everyone had said time and time again relevancy doesn’t matter. If I’m being honest, if Banjo and Kazooie ever get in now’s the time. There one of the most popular characters and probably the most popular 3rd party at the moment. Steve’s inclusion would be super controversial imo as well, probably worse than Wii Fit or Dark Pit. Even though Minecraft is still mildly popular, it isn’t what I was and is in a slow, but gradual descent. I don’t really see why getting Banjo from Microsoft would be harder than getting Geno from Square. They’re both irrelevant characters from notoriously stingy companies. But Phil’s said he’s open to the idea twice now, so it’s all up to Sakurai and Nintendo tbh

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
Phil specifically said he would be ok with Banjo in Smash.
Let me stop it right here. Just because Phil said he would be ok with Banjo in Smash does not mean Nintendo is okay with it. Microsoft owns Banjo and ever since obtaining his rights has exclusively been on Xbox ever since. Nintendo would have to okay with having to pay a Direct Competitor and not even having any future BK game on the Switch. Microsoft would either have to make him multi platform which I honestly doubt will happen. You do know CEO has to also consult with their stockholders (Board of Directors??) too who also vote on things.

Don't say but Minecraft either. That's literally the only thing they've been partners with and people are acting like they so cool with each other. Minecraft was already accessible on different platforms BEFORE MICROSOFT bought them out. It would look incredibly bad to shut out the multi platform for Minecraft . People need to stop reaching so hard about this Microsoft x Nintendo collaboration or whatever. It's the truth.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If Ken is as much of "The" Original Echo as I'm hearing he is, I honestly wouldn't doubt it at this point. Especially if VergeBen's claimed it. We'll see, though. Never know what could end up happening with a leak down the line, even if it turns out to be legitimate, it doesn't necessarily mean all of the info in it will be accurate to the final game.

I actually don't care too much about any other third parties getting at this point. Lara would cool, Crash would be cool, Shovel Knight's disconfirmed (though him being in the game at all is wonderful) and I'd love to see Spyro, but I really don't think that's happening. Banjo and Kazooie being in would be really awesome considering how beloved and iconic they are to this day; I myself just don't have any personal ties to the bear and bird.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
Vergeben believed a fake leak that said no DK characters were getting in. Even if he backtracked, the fact that he believed it for even a second means that he doesn't have the full roster, otherwise he would have instantly known that was BS.

Last edited:

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
So if this info is legit, and it's looking to potentially be so, this would be our current Newcomer/Echo lineup

Well, if it was legit, i'll be sadly disappointed...just kidding BEST GAME EVA MADE! lol.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Will Ultimate surpass the newcloner count for Melee or has it already surpassed it?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

Vergeben never stated what the new Gen 7 Pokemon is.

D

Deleted member

Will Ultimate surpass the newcloner count for Melee or has it already surpassed it?
We need two more to reach it, and three more to go even further beyond.

EDIT: :ultgreninja:

Last edited by a moderator:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Let me stop it right here. Just because Phil said he would be ok with Banjo in Smash does not mean Nintendo is okay with it. Microsoft owns Banjo and ever since obtaining his rights has exclusively been on Xbox ever since. Nintendo would have to okay with having to pay a Direct Competitor and not even having any future BK game on the Switch. Microsoft would either have to make him multi platform which I honestly doubt will happen. You do know CEO has to also consult with their stockholders too who also vote on things.

Don't say but Minecraft either. That's literally the only thing they've been partners with and people are acting like they so cool with each other. Minecraft was already accessible on different platforms BEFORE MICROSOFT bought them out. It would look incredibly bad to shut out the multi platform for Microsoft. People need to stop reaching so hard about this Microsoft x Nintendo collaboration or whatever. It's the truth.
Unless both companies have a say against Banjo, I still don't see why i should hope any less for his inclusion, and that's the last thing i will say on the subject.

Shroob

Sup?
Vergeben never stated what the new Gen 7 Pokemon is.
If it's not Decidueye or Lycanroc, and if Mimikyu and Marshadow have been taken out of the running, then it's either Incineroar or Tapu Koko, and at least one of Verg's sources have told him it was Incineroar, so there's that.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
So I take it we all heard about verg and Ken? Nothing too ground breaking as he was obvious choice after the Direct, I am curious how post Simon Verg goes when it comes to his accuracy

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I believe he said it was Incineroar, but if he didn't, it must be real Buzzwole hours.
He said one of his sources said it's incineroar. The other didn't tell him anything other than who it's not

Poopyhead

Smash Cadet
I've played and liked both Banjo's 64 games and the gba one, but i'm for whatever reason somewhat indifferent to banjo for Smash.

But If he's added, I actually like newer design better. Using this as example because stuff like his Eyes and fur looks wrong of all other images of it. I just find his original design kinda bland.
I'm in the same boat, B-K/B-T are two of the most nostalgic games for me, I love them, played them a million times, but I couldn't care less if Banjo&Kazooie is in. I think they're one of the most deserving characters to be in, but I just feel nothing for them.

Also agree with the Nuts&Bolts design. Well, their actual model in Nuts&Bolts is bad, but if they polished it made it closer to the box art you posted, it would be better. The N64 design just has wonky awkward proportions.. they fit into the N64 games fine but in Smash I think they'd look outdated.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Just because Ashley is an AT does not mean that they will be ATs.
It still feels like they're destined to be Assist Trophies again though. This is especially true for Isabelle and her pure pacifist ways.

Skull Kid is definitely not in the unsafe zone
When you look at the other one-timer Zelda characters like Midna and Ghirahim, Skull Kid is definitely not safe from getting the Assist Trophy hammer again. Sure, there's the chance that he'll get the playable promotion, but it's NOT likely, but more possible.

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
Unless both companies have a say against Banjo, I still don't see why i should hope any less for his inclusion, and that's the last thing i will say on the subject.
It's fine to hope for his inclusion; what not okay is twisting perception and reality of what is actually happening such as Microsoft being buddy buddy with Nintendo when it's literally only Minecraft who was multi platform before Microsoft purchased it. It seems to me like people either lack the context of the Minecraft situation and then believes Microsoft is actually friendly with NIntendo or attempt to generalize the whole situation without actually grasping how business and PR works. Microsoft making Minecraft exclusive would have caused a firestorm considering its incredibly popular and was multi platform. From a business perspective; it's simply bad and damaging to commit to that action.

Last edited:

MaestroDavros

Smash Apprentice
I could see Hilda as an echo. Along with Dark Pit, Daisy and (potentially) Ninten she'd be one of the easiest to create. Lucina, Richter and Chrom are very different in terms of their character models, and Dark Samus seems to have been somewhere in the middle. The only changes they'd need to make are her hair (it has a couple of strands on her shoulders when compared to Zelda's hairstyle, at least in ALBW), replacing her down B with something else like her staff, and of course the animations.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If it's not Decidueye or Lycanroc, and if Mimikyu and Marshadow have been taken out of the running, then it's either Incineroar or Tapu Koko, and at least one of Verg's sources have told him it was Incineroar, so there's that.
Those are bold words for someone in succing range.

Ken, Isabelle, and Incineroar.

Verg's leaks are boring
What would make it not boring? They're relatively safe picks.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
It's fine to hope for his inclusion; what not okay is twisting perception and reality of what is actually happening such as Microsoft being buddy buddy with Nintendo when it's literally only Minecraft who was multi platform before Microsoft purchased it.
Which i never did. Just because i mentioned the guys name =/= me saying "yeah this makes him 100% in it now", I never said such thing. Nor i said anything about minecraft either at any moment.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
My hope for Tetra remains, and I would also happily accept Skull Kid (or, probably better yet, both).

Or maybe Zelda still won't get another newcomer in spite of everything.

Vergeben is actually Sakurai undercover just messing with fans. Then his team of analysts compiles every posts on every sites for further analysis.

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
If it was Incineroar, we'll have another character with flaming abilities like with :ultmario::ultroy::ultike::4charizard::ultbowser::ultridley::ultness: i can go on & on.

Not hating on Incineroar by any means, but I'm just saying, things are gonna get hot around here. And, I guess its fine. No ice, not even earth abilities...

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Captain N will be in the game.

He will be an echo character of Captain Rainbow, making sure everyone is equally confused.

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
I honestly don’t believe Vergeben nor do I care. Plus his leaks are boring. Incineroar, Isabelle, and Ken? Some of y’all treat him like a god but you never know. A couple weeks ago loz18 was one of the big leakers and now everyone knows he’s a fake so I’m taking everything with a grain of salt.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If it was Incineroar, we'll have another character with flaming abilities like with :ultmario::ultroy::ultike::4charizard::ultbowser::ultridley::ultness: i can go on & on.

Not hating on Incineroar by any means, but I'm just saying, things are gonna get hot around here. And, I guess its fine. No ice, not even earth abilities...
"god, another fire user?" is gonna be the new "god, another anime swordsman?"
quote me on this

We need two more to reach it, and three more to go even further beyond!
The dream will never die!
Untitled.jpg

N E V E R !

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Those are bold words for someone in succing range.

What would make it not boring? They're relatively safe picks.
Safe IS boring

If Verg started saying Skull Kid or ...I dunno Dillon, was in it'd be a little more risky and thus more exciting.

Not going to get the adrenaline flowing by staying safe.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

Technically, we have Ice Climbers for ice based characters, and I don't think that they will be adding any more unless they add Rundas from Prime 3 for whatever reason.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Technically, we have Ice Climbers for ice based characters, and I don't think that they will be adding any more unless they add Rundas from Prime 3 for whatever reason.
They could always add Glacius or Sub-Zero, but they have bigger names in their series they could rather focus on. Well, Sub-Zero's kinda up there enough to be selected out of the sake of being an ice-user instead of fire-using Scorpion. Though this is implying Mortal Kombat will ever be mentioned in Smash.

MaestroDavros

Smash Apprentice
I honestly don’t believe Vergeben nor do I care. Plus his leaks are boring. Incineroar, Isabelle, and Ken? Some of y’all treat him like a god but you never know. A couple weeks ago loz18 was one of the big leakers and now everyone knows he’s a fake so I’m taking everything with a grain of salt.
Unfortunately boring and predictable leaks are often the true ones.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Unfortunately boring and predictable leaks are often the true ones.
Gematsu had some interesting things. I don't think anybody was really expecting Shulk and more hoping Shulk.
also wii fit trainer

Shroob

Sup?
To be fair, Loz went out of his way to make people not take him seriously anymore.

Verg hasn't really 'done' anything.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Surely there is at least one more exciting character that could happen. The reveals thus far have all been pretty good. Surely the didn't save the boring ones for last

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I wonder if they'll change Ken's F-Smash animation considering he never actually had access to Joudan.

They'll definitely change his Focus Attack animation though.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Vergeben believed a fake leak that said no DK characters were getting in. Even if he backtracked, the fact that he believed it for even a second means that he doesn't have the full roster, otherwise he would have instantly known that was BS.
Didn't someone say that verge didn't believe the no DK character thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom