• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I hope the next demo has Diddy Kong... interested to see if he still has the Dixie pallet swap.
It will likely be the same June demo. I don't know if Sakurai would add the Belmonts or K. Rool to a demo and ship it out for Gamescon. Hell I don't even know if we're gonna get another demo until the e-Shop one.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh yeah! That's a good point.

Any other old pallet swaps that could spell doom for Echos?
The only other palettes I can think of that directly reference other characters are Shulk, who has different body proportions and stuff from his references, Lucina, who has the same thing, and Dedede with his shirt with the Waddle Dee sprites on it

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I hate videos of people just reading things other people wrote. Summarize it or link the actual tweets, lol.
I don't know if summarizing it will give them that sweet sweet ten minute+ ad revenue jackpot

D

Deleted member

The only other palettes I can think of that directly reference other characters are Shulk, who has different body proportions and stuff from his references, Lucina, who has the same thing, and Dedede with his shirt with the Waddle Dee sprites on it
Lucas has a Duster alt, but there is no way Duster will be playable. There's no one he could realistically echo. I'd love him an assist though. All the EarthBound party members are in the game in some fashion, and with Kumatora and Boney joining Lucas in his Final Smash, I'm hoping Duster at least gets a trophy.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Daisy and Dark Samus both have no differences in their moves outside of aesthetics, and while Daisy's FS hasn't been shown, I doubt it'll be different from Peach's new one. Likely one of the last Echoes to be included overall since, while popular within their series, aren't really THAT popular in the grand scheme of things, they're probably more in line with what Smash 4's clones went through.
Daisy was popular enough to even be considered for Smash, let alone join (clone or not, she was still given the honors of Smashing with the rest). Also helps that she’s the last main Mario character other than Toad (unless he is in the same situation as Goomba/Koopa/other minions) to be playable in Smash (Waluigi has yet to make any sort of physical appearance in a main title...and probably never will)
I hate videos of people just reading things other people wrote. Summarize it or link the actual tweets, lol.
tbf...you probably should’ve expected the video to be exactly what you hate
BF88D3DC-36CB-4683-87ED-60651B13B07E.png

SonicMario

Smash Master
They might not have any new remixes between the two Sega series
If they brought back every Sonic song that was in Smash. There'd still be room for two more tracks. If they don't bring back any that were only in Brawl. That becomes six. And who knows if they cut any of the songs that were in Smash 4. I have a feeling they may at least have one new remix. At least they better do, we still have only just the one from Brawl for Angel Island Zone heh. And all these Sega composers doing work for many Nintendo franchises already, would be kinda dumb to not even have one for Sega's own mascot heh.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wait hold the phone!

Did Peach get her Final Smash revealed?
Not yet.

I hope she and Daisy show up in a demo so we can actually see the differences instead of looking over footage like we're trying to untangle FnaF lore with none of the MattPat ad revenue pay-off

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Not yet.

I hope she and Daisy show up in a demo so we can actually see the differences instead of looking over footage like we're trying to untangle FnaF lore with none of the MattPat ad revenue pay-off
That's an oddly specific analogy, and yet, one I'm sure we're all familiar with.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
You guys seen this "speculator" of Smash Ultimate?:

Is he a leaker or something? If he is purely speculating, then his predictions are certainly eyebrow raising to say the least. Though, personally, I wish he would go more in-depth about his newcomer predictions.

I wonder how he even gets the thought of a Ratholos Assist Trophy as a prediction. I want to talk to him sometime.
That's… interesting, I never saw anything about that guy predicting stuff like crazy. I will keep an eye to his twitter just for fun i guess.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Not yet.

Same, we've never actually seen Daisy float which makes me wonder if she even has one or has an extra jump like in Super Mario Run.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Same, we've never actually seen Daisy float which makes me wonder if she even has one or has an extra jump like in Super Mario Run.
I thought she has been seen floating.

I don't know when, but I feel like I've seen it before.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
What's the TL:DR version of the video?

Also I do hope the demo at gamescom has different characters, but sadly it will be probably be the exact same demo.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
You guys seen this "speculator" of Smash Ultimate?:

Is he a leaker or something? If he is purely speculating, then his predictions are certainly eyebrow raising to say the least. Though, personally, I wish he would go more in-depth about his newcomer predictions.

I wonder how he even gets the thought of a Ratholos Assist Trophy as a prediction. I want to talk to him sometime.
This is interesting...very interesting.
I'm not buying it just yet, but if our remaining newcomers were
Geno
Incineroar
Skull Kid
Bandanna Dee
Shadow
Isabelle
Chorus Kids
and
Banjo Kazooie
I would absolutely lose it. 100% perfect roster.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Actually... Actual fighting game Assists would probably be the best compromise for the current ATs. They already nerfed FSs for the Meter mode so they could do the same here. Hell, it would actually be a lot of fun. I would certainly just have Alucard and Shovel Knight as my assists 100% of the time though lol

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
What's the TL:DR version of the video?

Also I do hope the demo at gamescom has different characters, but sadly it will be probably be the exact same demo.
The TLDR of it is, "wow, look at this one guy's wish list who got a bunch of things riiiiight"

It's dumb.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Geno
Incineroar
Skull Kid
Bandanna Dee
Shadow
Isabelle
Chorus Kids
and
Banjo Kazooie
I'd be satisfied if this was the final roster.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The TLDR of it is, "wow, look at this one guy's wish list who got a bunch of things riiiiight"

It's dumb.
So basically every 4chan text leak with the same safe choices? Like come on, after Wii Fit Trainer, the only real surprises that came in Smash 4 was Duck Hunt. Who else is gonna be hidden in secrecy for a surprise in Ultimate? ****ing Mach Rider? Is that how far we gotta reach?

I don't mean to say that in a way that safe choices are entirely bad and there shouldn't be any, but anyone could be right if they have the luck to gamble.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
... pretty sure Dark Samus has some move differences. If I remember correctly her dash hits at a different angle, morph ball send her out at a different angle, and she has a completely different roll with way different frame data.

Plus, you know, Sakurai straight up said both Chrom and Dark Samus have some move differences from their base characters.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I think the Belmonts might be that for him, it's ridiculous how much love Castlevania got in comparison to every other third party
The Belmonts even got more love than the first party newcomers.

Edit: Is Smashboards moving slow for anyone else?

Last edited:

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
my SSB4 wishlist was worthy of a video as well if that was the case, 6 characters from it got in lol
seriously it's really dumb, he seems to just be riding off Vergeben and commonly speculated stuff as well

D

Deleted member

my SSB4 wishlist was worthy of a video as well if that was the case, 6 characters from it got in lol
seriously it's really dumb, he seems to just be riding off Vergeben and commonly speculated stuff as well
QUICK! POST THIS ON TWITTER AND SOME HACK YOUTUBER WILL MAKE CLICKBAIT ABOUT YOU!! GOOOOOOO!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

So basically every 4chan text leak with the same safe choices? Like come on, after Wii Fit Trainer, the only real surprises that came in Smash 4 was Duck Hunt. Who else is gonna be hidden in secrecy for a surprise in Ultimate? ****ing Mach Rider? Is that how far we gotta reach?

I don't mean to say that in a way that safe choices are entirely bad and there shouldn't be any, but anyone could be right if they have the luck to gamble.
People who say they predicted Greninja, Robin, Lucina, Bowser Jr. and all the goddamn Koopalings are all ****ing liars
... pretty sure Dark Samus has some move differences. If I remember correctly her dash hits at a different angle, morph ball send her out at a different angle, and she has a completely different roll with way different frame data.

Plus, you know, Sakurai straight up said both Chrom and Dark Samus have some move differences from their base characters.
Statistical differences=/=move differences.
Chrom has a whole different Up-B and FS. Dark Samus has Samus's moveset but it does slightly different things.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

It's dumb.
So essentially, the basic safe choices common in 4chan rumors that nearly everyone and their dog has been guessing.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Geno
Incineroar
Skull Kid
Bandanna Dee
Shadow
Isabelle
Chorus Kids
and
Banjo Kazooie
If Crash was to be added, that roster would be 100% perfect. Sonic vs Crash vs Mario and Crash vs Banjo?

WYNAUT?

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I noticed that we didn’t see Classic Mode on the menu, making me think it’s under “SMASH” in the first sub-menu, with any other single-player modes like a potential Adventure and obligatory All-Star.

I also don’t think Spirits is going to be anything people expect it to be. It makes me roll my eyes in frustration when I see YouTube videos showing Spirits and claiming “HUGE STORY MODE CONFIRMED” and “SUBSPACE 2 CONFIRMED”.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well there goes Meowth. Damn, Meowth really deserved a spot in 64. At this point I doubt he'll ever get in Smash.
Meowth I hate my life.jpg

We need to support Meowth no matter what. We need to unfalteringly support Meowth and see to that Meowth and Team Rocket (Jessie, James, and Meowth) get more major roles in future Pokémon games after Pokémon Let's Go.

Ridley fans and King K. Rool fans united together and they unfalteringly supported them for 15+ years and they finally earned the privilege to play as Ridley and King K. Rool in Smash. Meowth fans need to do the same no matter how impossible it looks.

Do it for Meowth!

Meowth and Sakurai.png

LetterO

Smash Lord
Too OP plz nerf

But to be serious, I hope there's a damn good reason my boi was left out of the demo despite being an OG 8.
We still haven't seen his final smash, which has probably changed due to transformation FSes not being a thing anymore

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
View attachment 158536

We need to support Meowth no matter what. We need to unfalteringly support Meowth and see to that Meowth and Team Rocket (Jessie, James, and Meowth) get more major roles in future Pokémon games after Pokémon Let's Go.

Ridley fans and King K. Rool fans united together and they unfalteringly supported them for 15+ years and they finally earned the privilege to play as Ridley and King K. Rool in Smash. Meowth fans need to do the same no matter how impossible it looks.

Do it for Meowth!

View attachment 158538
"There goes Meowth"? Did he get shown off as a Pokeball item or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom