• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
You're a fan of it too, eh? Cool!

I remember in there was actually a small amount of support here for Scrooge McDuck back in the Smash 4 days. I might not ever want Dragon Ball's Goku in Smash, but I'd be more than okay if Scrooge McDuck got in. You may all make of that what you will.
DuckTales is one of the reasons I recently became an active supporter for Cranky Kong.
I'll let you connect the dots...

KMDP

Smash Legend
One of these days I oughta go to a convention and also a tournament myself.

The whole idea behind Ultimate makes the whole thing rather bittersweet. Perhaps more sweet than bitter, but even some of the character reveals have felt bittersweet in their own regard. Many fans of the characters they've clamored to see playable in Smash for so long have been saying this is the end of an era for their character and Smash speculation. I can definitely agree with that. It feels weird knowing we won't be talking about certain characters being able to get in or not and why, anymore.

I'll probably still play 4 from time to time, though maybe I shouldn't count on it yet. I haven't played Brawl since moving onto 4 much at all, usually only did so when a friend was over to play it, too.
Well, when the next Nintendo Console comes out we can all have discussions about who's getting cut.

The end of one era is just the start of another.

*has a vision of the first trailer of the Smash 6*
EVERYONE
IS
CUT

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
The Rayman trophy and Geno costume bother me more and more after I got my boy K.Rool.

Honestly, they and Banjo I could believe are the last big bullets in the chamber.

Commander Video was odd but that probably an assist.
They were likely only trophies due to Nintendo having published their last games in Japan and thus having easily obtainable, minimal work characters to add more 3rd Party and Indie representation into Smash. I feel that, along with Western popularity, is why Shovel Knight is an Assist Trophy since Nintendo published his game in Japan.
I don't think Rayman, Commander Video, or even Shovel Knight were considered for roster spots at any point.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So Zinith likes Yoshi...

Question: what kind of Yoshi is best?
It's got to be Yarn Yoshi. The fact that they made actual amiibos for that thing out of yarn is still so cool to me. Woolly World may not be my favorite game in the Wii U's library but even I've got to admit that it's just packed full to the brim with charm. It's such a shame the Woolly World stage is nowhere to be seen, much less a Yarn Yoshi costume.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Yeah about that...

That was bs. Two weeks later he went on reset era flaming and just straight up trolling and being a dock, getting banned pretty quick all because of daisy arguments.

Unfortunately he kind of won in the end. This may sound wrong but I can’t be happy with daisy in smash because it means he wins and he destroyed that fanbase and it’s reputation.

Maybe in time I’ll play her as I use peach a lot but it’s going to sting.
Really? Well, damn it, that's a huge shame.

Any way that I can see proof of this? I'm not doubting this or you at all, but I also don't often like to speak ill of people from here who have little to no means of defending themselves anymore (even if they truthfully did something to justify it; otherwise). Besides that, I've said I had little personal involvement with the guy, if any. Just don't wanna go on being negative about him when I really never met or even saw much of him. It's not really fair for me to do so and also risks spreading false information. This would be the same for anyone else with a bad reputation that I don't positively know much about.

That being said, he's one Daisy fan among many. I totally understand how you might feel about the character after all that crap, but don't let someone else ruin your enjoyment of something. You're only letting them "win" further if you do.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It's Boshi obviously
Your reaction when Geno gets in and boshi does to as an echo

Really? Well, damn it, that's a huge shame.

Any way that I can see proof of this? I'm not doubting this or you at all, but I also don't often like to speak ill of people from here who have little to no means of defending themselves anymore (even if they truthfully did something to justify it; otherwise). Besides that, I've said I had little personal involvement with the guy, if any. Just don't wanna go on being negative about him when I really never met or even saw much of him. It's not really fair for me to do so and also risks spreading false information. This would be the same for anyone else with a bad reputation that I don't positively know much about.

That being said, he's one Daisy fan among many. I totally understand how you might feel about the character after all that crap, but don't let someone else ruin your enjoyment of something. You're only letting them "win" further if you do.
I’m not sure where, but I know it was posted in the social a long time back about two weeks before E3.

And your right I shouldn’t. Daisy was never really a character I liked to begin with. I liked waluigi more and even then I don’t really have a difference on him being playable or not. He could be fun but has a lot of reasons to not be in.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Imagine if Waluigi was confirmed at E3 and Daisy was deconfirmed. I know it's crazy to say, but the memoryman fallout could've been even worse than what happened with the Waluigi trolls.

Heracr055

Smash Ace
It's got to be Yarn Yoshi. The fact that they made actual amiibos for that thing out of yarn is still so cool to me. Woolly World may not be my favorite game in the Wii U's library but even I've got to admit that it's just packed full to the brim with charm. It's such a shame the Woolly World stage is nowhere to be seen, much less a Yarn Yoshi costume.
Well that's debatable

There's basically 2 schools of thought

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I’m not sure where, but I know it was posted in the social a long time back about two weeks before E3.

And your right I shouldn’t. Daisy was never really a character I liked to begin with. I liked waluigi more and even then I don’t really have a difference on him being playable or not. He could be fun but has a lot of reasons to not be in.
Alright. Maybe I'll look it into when I get a chance, then.

That's fair. I was always more of a Waluigi fan myself but I'm personally okay with this. Just try not to be too bitter over it, alright? I've felt negative for similar reasons before about other things. Sometimes it's honestly perfectly justified but one may be better off letting it go, at least after some time to take it all in.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I want to see Items/ATs/Pokemon, not characters who have been on the site since Day1.
Me too..though mostly just to rip that bandaid off. I may want that Gardevoir leak to be true, but I know chances are slim and I'd rather they just reveal Gardevoir as a Pokéball if it isn't playable so I can make peace with it.
Yeah about that...

That was bs. Two weeks later he went on reset era flaming and just straight up trolling and being a dock, getting banned pretty quick all because of daisy arguments.

Unfortunately he kind of won in the end. This may sound wrong but I can’t be happy with daisy in smash because it means he wins and he destroyed that fanbase and it’s reputation.

Maybe in time I’ll play her as I use peach a lot but it’s going to sting.
I'm really glad terrible fans can't make me hate a character or I'd despise Ridley, K. Rool, Daisy, and Waluigi instead of just Bowser Jr.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Thanks, btw! The reboot is pretty great. It's hit a few bumps here and there, but overall I can safely say I've loved it.
I just wish the season wasn’t ending tomorrow
I'd like a Royal Rumble mode for Smash, tbh. That'd be cool. Start with 4 characters, players get eliminated and a new player has to take their place.
Wouldn’t be the same without cool entrances and songs...and having only 8 on the stage instead of 10+
In the first month of me being on this site, everyone kept calling me the Yoshi equivalent of memoryman. I think people pulled back when they realized how silly that thought was...
I forgot about Memoryman...been a long time since I heard that Daisy fan’s name

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Was memoryman the one who made the "We Are Daisy" thing and then started a petition to have Sakurai make Daisy have her own character?

Ungrateful *******.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If I let enough weird or toxic fans ruin something for me, I probably wouldn't be in even half of the fandoms that I'm in, lol.

I've learned to deal with the worst of 'em and enjoy those things regardless. If it isn't something you ever liked to begin with, well, I can't argue there. But maintaining spite towards it over whatever led you to feel that isn't necessarily healthy, either.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Me too..though mostly just to rip that bandaid off. I may want that Gardevoir leak to be true, but I know chances are slim and I'd rather they just reveal Gardevoir as a Pokéball if it isn't playable so I can make peace with it.

I'm really glad terrible fans can't make me hate a character or I'd despise Ridley, K. Rool, Daisy, and Waluigi instead of just Bowser Jr.
Yeah; dislike a character for their fans is a bit unfair; many popular characters have big fanbases with all kind of people.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I did some Math

Currently confirmed franchise numbers

Metroid - 25 total (up from 17 in Smash 4)
Yoshi - 14 total (up from 11 in Smash 4)
Kirby - 39 total (up from 31 in Smash 4)
Star Fox - 17 total (up from 14 in Smash 4)
Game and Watch - 2 total (same as Smash 4)
Wii Fit - 10 total (up from 6 in Smash 4)
Sonic - 20 total (up from 14 in Smash 4)
Bayonetta - 11 total (same as Smash 4)
Pac-Man - 13 total (up from 3 in Smash 4*)
Final Fantasy - 2 total (same as Smash 4)
Street Fighter - 36 (up from 6 in Smash 4)
Splatoon - 23
Castlevania - 34

That's 246 of the 800+ soundtrack accommodated for

There's also 99 "other" which I approximate is up from 66-72 Smash Wii U, depends how the retro Namco songs are counted as Pac-Man or not, bringing up to amount of accommodated songs to 345

That leaves
1. Mario 45
2. Mario Spin-off 25
3. Donkey Kong 19
4. Legend of Zelda 34
5. Pokemon 23
6. Earthbound 9
7. F-Zero 15
8. Fire Emblem 23
9. Wario 6*
10. Kid Icarus 13
11. Pikmin 8
12. Metal Gear
13. Animal Crossing 11
14. Punch-Out 5
15. Mega Man 10
16. Xenoblade 8

254 is the total for these franchises counting the songs they had in Smash Wii U. Of course Metal Gear didn't have any songs in Smash Wii U. But if we count the songs it had in Brawl, it had 9. Bringing it up 263. Wario had less songs in Smash Wii U then it did in Brawl, but I'll leave it as is.

Adding the two totals brings us to 608 songs.

That Leaves about 200 songs to be spread across the above 16 franchises. That's about 12.5 each. Of course Mario will likely take a huge chunk of that. I could also see Mega Man, Metal Gear and maybe Xenoblade getting a larger than average increase. And of course we don't know if there are more franchises or not (I personally don't think there is)

So maybe
That leaves
1. Mario 45 + 25
2. Mario Spin-off 25 +17
3. Donkey Kong 19 + 8
4. Legend of Zelda 34 + 17
5. Pokemon 23 + 9
6. Earthbound 9 + 6
7. F-Zero 15 + 5
8. Fire Emblem 23 + 15
9. Wario 6* + 12 (Probably get those Brawl songs back)
10. Kid Icarus 13 + 10
11. Pikmin 8 + 4
12. Metal Gear 9 + 26
13. Animal Crossing 11 + 8
14. Punch-Out 5 + 11
15. Mega Man 10 + 24
16. Xenoblade 8 + 21

That's 218 new unaccounted spread as a guess

Man I can't wait to see the full soundtrack

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Yeah; dislike a character for their fans is a bit unfair; many popular characters have big fanbases with all kind of people.
Yeah, and some make it hard if they are dismissive of any other characters or start hate campaigns on characters they feel 'stole' their character's spot, which is a ridiculous thought process..but it's not like it's the character's fault.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Let's move onto something more positive; I wonder how'd we all be doing right now if the Miiverse was still up, or Sakurai used some other method for a new Pic of the Day system like he did for Smash 4.

"Pic of the day: There's no more returning fighters to show off since you already know they're all coming back, so here's another close-up of Luigi's nose in HD to keep you tied over."

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I've yet to see a community without the worst of people tainting its image.

Honestly, I'm sick of hearing "that community is toxic" to everything. It means nothing anymore, and it's just a catch-all generic reason as to dislike the whole of a community arbitrarily.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Wouldn’t be the same without cool entrances and songs...and having only 8 on the stage instead of 10+
I really have no idea how it'd work. I'm just throwing it out there. Maybe do a countdown with their special entrance.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've yet to see a community without the worst of people tainting its image.

Honestly, I'm sick of hearing "that community is toxic" to everything. It means nothing anymore, and it's just a catch-all generic reason as to dislike the whole of a community arbitrarily.
THIS

This so much. Every community has toxic parts. Especially larger ones; none of those are safe from it. Maybe some communities have more prominent toxic sides than others, but so what? That still doesn't make the entire community bad on it's own. You don't have a right to instantly judge any random individual based on what other fans of the same thing might be like.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
THIS

This so much. Every community has toxic parts. Especially larger ones; none of those are safe from it. Maybe some communities have more prominent toxic sides than others, but so what? That still doesn't make the entire community bad on it's own. You don't have a right to instantly judge any random individual based on what other fans of the same thing might be like.

For every good side, there's an equally bad side.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
THIS

I think the only community I have seen that isn't toxic is well.. Kirby.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Yeah, I mean the Smash Community itself is known for being pretty toxic..just look how a lot of people react to Bayonetta's reveal for Ultimate or her players..

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'd like a Royal Rumble mode for Smash, tbh. That'd be cool. Start with 4 characters, players get eliminated and a new player has to take their place.
DUDE

I've been wanting to try something like that. One thing that caught my attention is this idea

Or this

Which I'm sure would be editing hell. I'd rather the first one because it would add to the match where the longer one is in the match, the more damage is on him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom