• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Kind of a random thought, but here's a little known song that I would've loved to have been in Ultimate:

Heard this song in both Wind Waker and the Zelda Collector's Edition disc as a kid. It's been a very long time since I had last heard it. I recently rediscovered it, and hearing it again after so long, it's actually kinda lifted my spirits. Yet, it;'s also rather bittersweet. I'm certain that's largely nostalgia kicking in. In any case, this playing on Pirate Ship or another Zelda stage would be really awesome.

(I also recently heard that this song wasn't present in or remade for the HD remaster of WW; R.I.P.)

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Kind of a random thought, but here's a little known song that I would've loved to have been in Ultimate:

Heard this song in both Wind Waker and the Zelda Collector's Edition disc as a kid. It's been a very long time since I had last heard it. Finding and hearing it again actually kinda lifts my spirits. Yet, it;'s also rather bittersweet. I'm certain that's largely nostalgia kicking in. In any case, this playing on Pirate Ship or another Zelda stage would be really awesome.

(I also recently heard that this song wasn't present or remade for the HD remaster of WW; RIP)
No wonder I don't remember hearing it in HD.

Rhus

We're going top speed!

Heard this song in both Wind Waker and the Zelda Collector's Edition disc as a kid. It's been a very long time since I had last heard it. I recently rediscovered it, and hearing it again after so long, it's actually kinda lifted my spirits. Yet, it;'s also rather bittersweet. I'm certain that's largely nostalgia kicking in. In any case, this playing on Pirate Ship or another Zelda stage would be really awesome.

(I also recently heard that this song wasn't present in or remade for the HD remaster of WW; R.I.P.)

This actually reminded me...

Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness had an amazing demo theme.

Speaking of which, why don't we have the Shadown Pokemon Game's music in Smash? There are so many incredible pieces from Colosseum and XD, it's a shame to see them unrecognized. Though I suppose that Mystery Dungeon has suffered similar fate.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion

It'd be good for a medley, but too repetitive for a full stage song though.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I've yet to see a community without the worst of people tainting its image.

Honestly, I'm sick of hearing "that community is toxic" to everything. It means nothing anymore, and it's just a catch-all generic reason as to dislike the whole of a community arbitrarily.
A few bad apples does not a "Toxic Community" make.

It doesn't matter how loud those bad apples are, they're just vocal, not large in number.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
A few bad apples does not a "Toxic Community" make.

It doesn't matter how loud those bad apples are, they're just vocal, not large in number.
It depends on what kind of sway those bad apples have. Sometimes, all it takes is a few of them to rot a community from the inside out.

While I wouldn't say the Smash fanbase as a whole is that far gone, certain sections of it sure seem to be at times...

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Looks like someone didn't understand what I was asking for with the final question of my poll.
Since WarioWare rep still hasn't gotten any fighters yet! Wario would need have one of his friends at his side such as like Capt. Syurp, Mona, Kat & Ana, Young Cricket, even for Ashley! Sometime he would have his partner-in-crime, Waluigi. Though Waluigi didn't appearing in every WarioWare games, but with only his refences. So I voted for Ashley and Waluigi, their chance are needed for become playable character! We'll depending on you!
Was "Specify One" not clear enough? Even after naming six and then cutting it down, they still named two. That's not even getting into the fact they wrote a paragraph when just "Ashley" or "Waluigi" would have sufficed.

Also, there's a runaway winner of the "Upgrade a Disconfirmed Character" question.
EDIT: Sorry if I sound cranky right now, I'm quite tired.

Last edited:

Remmy-ro

Smash Cadet
I've yet to see a community without the worst of people tainting its image.

Honestly, I'm sick of hearing "that community is toxic" to everything. It means nothing anymore, and it's just a catch-all generic reason as to dislike the whole of a community arbitrarily.

It seems to me that none is more guilty of this dumb generalization than the "smash community" itself. I probably wouldn't hear that phrase even half as much as I do if I didn't frequent smash Bros reddits and forums.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I wonder how people would react if they put Meowth in the game as Pikachu's Villain.
"Why are there two Meowths in the game?"

"Another Kanto Pokémon? Seriously?"

"Oh cool! Meowth!"

One of these three.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Yeah..I really don't want another Gen 1..it may be my first gen, but it's overrepped as it is.
I wonder how people would react if they put Meowth in the game as Pikachu's Villain.
Technically speaking, Mewtwo would be the closest Pokémon would get to a villain.
Meowth is only a villain in the anime, which Smash slightly draws from, but is still 90% based on the games.

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Technically speaking, Mewtwo would be the closest Pokémon would get to a villain.
Meowth is only a villain in the anime, which Smash slightly draws from, but is still 90% based on the games.
Pokemon Let's Go has Team Rocket and Meowth from the anime

...and we haven't seen Meowth as a Pokemon yet.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

Not sure if this has been shown here already, but I'll let you all make your choices first.
Bandana Dee (5)
Shantae (4)
Elma (2)

The last 4 points would either be for Rex and Pyra or Captain Toad + Impa.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Pokemon Let's Go has Team Rocket and Meowth from the anime

...and we haven't seen Meowth as a Pokemon yet.
That's due to it being based on Pokémon Yellow and aimed at the more casual players.

Still, much too much gen 1 in Smash already, I'd much, much rather let another generation get a character, especially Gen 3.

I also think Mewtwo fits as a Pokémon 'villain' better then a generic Meowth would (They wouldn't use Team Rocket's Meowth I feel since it's not like Smash's Pikachu is Ash's)..and even then, not every series needs a villain or rival, that was only that way in the trailer to showcase that DK was getting his primary villain/rival too.

B00M

Smash Rookie

Not sure if this has been shown here already, but I'll let you all make your choices first.
Isaac and Banjo-Kazooie are the easy choices for me. For the last 5 I'm torn between Skull Kid and Ken or Tails and Dillon.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Really looking forward to those 30+ Street Fighter tracks #guilesthemegoeswithsuzakucastle

Here's hoping Metal Gear gets a similiar treatment with hopefully more vocal tracks.

This just shows that Sakurai wants to please every fanbase of every major franchise represented ( minus FF )

so much attention to 3rd parties, i love it!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Really, my only problem with the blog this time is twofold:

1: They're giving about 3-4 days talking about Fighters that have had videos on the site since Day 1.

2: They're mainly only going over content that we've already seen in the Direct instead of stuff we haven't.

I know they're probably saving a lot of 'old' stuff to be shown off at a later date, but at the same time, if Ashley is any indication, Sakurai's not opposed to just throwing out old content there for us to see with little fanfare, so why not give us days of "Oh, here's this item returning!" or "Hey, this assist trophy is back!" instead of "Hey, remember that Direct you JUST watched?"

Honestly, at this point, the characters are the filler, which is something I never though I'd say.

I want to see Items/ATs/Pokemon, not characters who have been on the site since Day1.
Yeah maybe if they saved those character video's for these blog posts rather than blowing them all out day one would have probably made the wait for new info a bit more interesting.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Yeah maybe if they saved those character video's for these blog posts rather than blowing them all out day one would have probably made the wait for new info a bit more interesting.
I would've went with that on the condition that all of the OG 8 were revealed out of the gate.

ALL 8!!!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
People are really picky about reformed villains no longer being considered antagonists.
This is exactly why people should use the word antagonist, because you can still be an antagonist even if you reform.

CHAMPIONX9

Smash Journeyman

Going by who adds the most variety visually. Geno, Skull kid, Shantae. I also feel Heihachi needs to be in smash if it's the voice actor's last performance.
Interestingly, Shantae seems to be a popular pick for this, so it might be worth having her in smash after all.
After a little bit of research it's clear she'd have a unique move set. She attacks with hair and transforms into animals by dancing. (Don't need dixie if that's the case. Instead we get a main rep from a third party.) Geno and skull kid might have one or two special moves that aren't that unique but nonetheless they are pretty cool as well as popular and distinct from the rest of the cast.

Unfortunately, I'm one point short with Heihachi, if I play the game.

To be honest the character I want the most is Sora, but not before including other important characters that I feel balance the game out. I feel like Sora needs to come with Geno to make the Square Enix package feel complete. By my criteria he is not the most unique on the surface level, so I set him on a lower priority. (Though he has god level moveset potential and costumes that can make him look extremely unique.)

The other characters, I can more or less live without.
Honorable Mentions:
Rayman - never wanted him for smash, but by the criteria I set for myself, he is quiet distinct. Both moveset and visually. Only downside is lower popularity and the game I liked was on playstation.
Ayumi - I'm impressed by her support page's move set options. We also don't have normal school girl archtype in the game. Her obscurity lowers her priority.
Rythm heaven character, such as Karate Joe - The style is very appealing. Rythm heaven characters would be promising if they were well represented in smash.
Earth worm jim - Kinda ugly, but we can live with it...Maybe?

Gardevior - She has an excellent iteration in mugen so I wont be at a loss if she doesn't make it in smash. Besides being pokemon she's pretty distinct in all aspects.

Remmy-ro

Smash Cadet
Honestly if the blog was at least thorough and interesting to read like the dojo was than it might actually be worth checking up on. As it stands now it's a total bore and isn't really even worth the time

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Honestly if the blog was at least thorough and interesting to read like the dojo was than it might actually be worth checking up on. As it stands now it's a total bore and isn't really even worth the time
The Japanese site is. But the others just do the bare minimum effort of featuring content that's already available on the site

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

I listened to this song all day back when Toon Link was confirmed to be playable in Brawl and confirmed to return in Smash 4 as he had been my most wanted character and still is one of my top mains to this day.
It's sounds like such a great victory song for him. Especially after all that junk with conductor Link during pre smash 4 speculation day's...

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently saying I was apathetic towards Shadow in Smash pissed off some Sonic fanboys.

Keeps on saying he doesn't care about my opinion but he also keeps on replying to me

I kind of feel like he does care and is taking it as a personal insult

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom