• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
Just made a list of games to play while I wait for ultimate. Mostly the list is based around playing games with characters I know nothing about.

Hopefully Isaac isn't announced so I don't have to add Golden Sun to the list /s

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I listened to this song all day back when Toon Link was confirmed to be playable in Brawl and confirmed to return in Smash 4 as he had been my most wanted character and still is one of my top mains to this day.
It's sounds like such a great victory song for him. Especially after all that junk with conductor Link during pre smash 4 speculation day's...
In a similar regard, I'd probably be listening to it non-stop if Tetra were ever confirmed as a fighter.

I remember how joyful I was seeing Toon Link confirmed again in Smash 4, not to mention how happy I was when I first discovered he was playable in Brawl several years prior. I had thought about the idea of him being in a Smash game at the time I got Brawl but doubted it would've actually happened. Then I suddenly unlocked him and my reaction was one of total shock and pure joy. Been really happy to see he's stuck with the series since then.

(Yeah, I remember those days, too..... I'm glad all that ended when it did lol)

osby

Smash Obsessed
So, I've counted the numbers of characters in Ultimate's cover, respective to their debut title:

64: 9
Melee: 3
Brawl: 3
For: 1
Ultimate: 1

Noticed a pattern?

EDIT: I counted Pokémon Trainer as a single character, same with Pepe and Nana.

Last edited:

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
Well it's based on the fact that I got a snes classic and switch lately:

Mario Odyssey-Am pretty far already, just gotta finish the last few worlds. I don't plan on doing too much post game stuff.
BotW-Got pretty far on the Wii U version but sold my Wii U some time ago. Gonna try to beat it on Switch.
Megaman X- Already beaten some Megaman games before and this one is on the SNES classic.
Super punch-out- Just a SNES classic game I've had fun with in the little time I've played it.
Metroid Prime 1- Have played Metroid and Super Metroid before. Been needing to play this one for some time. With Dark Samus in it seems like the perfect time to start the Prime trilogy.
Captain Toad- Got a switch, why not.
Castlevania 4- Never managed to get far when I was younger so I'm gonna take another crack on it to hype me up for Simon.
Earthbound- Ness
Kirby Super Star
DKC tropical freeze
Bayonetta
Rondo of Blood-
For Richter hype
Crash trilogy
Star Fox 2
Mario RPG
DKC 1
Metal gear solid 2
Final Fantasy 6
Kid Icarus uprising-
If I feel like getting a 3DS
Hey! Pikmin- If I feel like getting a 3DS. I beat the other 3 games already
Splatoon 2
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

If I like a game enough I may try to play some sequels and stuff. The list is loosely ordered in importance to me and I only really expect to get maybe halfway at best.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Well it's based on the fact that I got a snes classic and switch lately:

Mario Odyssey-Am pretty far already, just gotta finish the last few worlds. I don't plan on doing too much post game stuff.
BotW-Got pretty far on the Wii U version but sold my Wii U some time ago. Gonna try to beat it on Switch.
Megaman X- Already beaten some Megaman games before and this one is on the SNES classic.
Super punch-out- Just a SNES classic game I've had fun with in the little time I've played it.
Metroid Prime 1- Have played Metroid and Super Metroid before. Been needing to play this one for some time. With Dark Samus in it seems like the perfect time to start the Prime trilogy.
Captain Toad- Got a switch, why not.
Castlevania 4- Never managed to get far when I was younger so I'm gonna take another crack on it to hype me up for Simon.
Earthbound- Ness
Kirby Super Star
DKC tropical freeze
Bayonetta
Rondo of Blood-
For Richter hype
Crash trilogy
Star Fox 2
Mario RPG
DKC 1
Metal gear solid 2
Final Fantasy 6
Kid Icarus uprising-
If I feel like getting a 3DS
Hey! Pikmin- If I feel like getting a 3DS. I beat the other 3 games already
Splatoon 2
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

If I like a game enough I may try to play some sequels and stuff. The list is loosely ordered in importance to me and I only really expect to get maybe halfway at best.
So you're playing games with characters in Smash you're unfamiliar with I take it? A good list, but I have a question

How are you gonna play Rondo of Blood? The PSP, the Wii Virtual Console or are you just gonna emulate it?

StormC

Smash Hero
So, I've counted the numbers of characters in Ultimate's cover, respective to their debut title:

64: 9
Melee: 3
Brawl: 3
For: 1
Ultimate: 1

Noticed a pattern?

EDIT: I counted Pokémon Trainer as a single character, same with Pepe and Nana.
I really dislike that Inkling is the only newcomer on the box art. Ridley and K. Rool should definitely be on it, or at least Mewtwo. I assume third party shenanigans would rule out Cloud and the like, but only having Inkling as the new character to advertise is lame.

If I can get an official wall poster of the final roster, though, I'll forgive them.

Also, Popo, not Pepe. Pepe is... someone else. ;)

Last edited:

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
So you're playing games with characters in Smash you're unfamiliar with I take it? A good list, but I have a question

How are you gonna play Rondo of Blood? The PSP, the Wii Virtual Console or are you just gonna emulate it?
I hadn't looked into that one yet.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I hadn't looked into that one yet.
Yeah, RoB is excellent but it's also notorious for it's unavailability in the west. There was a watered down SNES version called Castlevania: Dracula X but... it's fine but not what fans of RoB had in mind. The only official, fully translated version of the game is Castlevania: the Dracula X Chronicles for PSP which has two versions of RoB (the original PC Engine CD one fully translated and an updated one) and Symphony of the Night. It did come on the Wii Virtual Console but it wasn't localized for some reason.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I really dislike that Inkling is the only newcomer on the box art. Ridley and K. Rool should definitely be on it, or at least Mewtwo. I assume third party shenanigans would rule out Cloud and the like, but only having Inkling as the new character to advertise is lame.

If I can get an official wall poster of the final roster, though, I'll forgive them.

Also, Popo, not Nana. Pepe is... someone else. ;)
I can forgive not putting more newcomers, since that would be a spoiler, though I'd like one or two more Smash For newcomers.

Pepe is called like that in German version. I use that too, since his orginal name is not a very polite word in my language, neither.

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Apparently saying I was apathetic towards Shadow in Smash pissed off some Sonic fanboys.

Keeps on saying he doesn't care about my opinion but he also keeps on replying to me

I kind of feel like he does care and is taking it as a personal insult
You can’t fault Sonic fans for lack of...erm...passion. Just try to remember a lot of them are probably pretty young and don’t let any ill will they may have shown get to you.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

The box art for the European limited edition is currently the full wall poster with every character revealed thus far on it though. It looks amazing!

KMDP

Smash Legend
Richter's personality is almost literally Joseph. If Smash Ultimate modding doesn't make it so he can use Clacker Volley or Hermit Purple as the whip then I'll be pissed.
I got extreme JoJo vibes from Richter too. :laugh: Specifically, as you said, Young Joseph.

Between Little Mac, Zelda, Wii Fit Trainer and Richter... we've got ourselves some Joes.

Volodya

Smash Apprentice
For the 15 thing: Karate Joe, Travis Touchdown, Lloyd, Isabelle, Ray 01, Skull Kid. I'd throw my leftover point on Ken or the Dig Dug guy.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I got extreme JoJo vibes from Richter too. :laugh: Specifically, as you said, Young Joseph.

Between Little Mac, Zelda, Wii Fit Trainer and Richter... we've got ourselves some Joes.
Zelda is because the poses she makes but Little Mac?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Jojo is originally a manga series, but maybe we can get a Persona character. That would be as close as Jojo as the game can.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Who would win between:

-A community of fan from different fandom who all are striving to get the characters they love in the game no matter what detractors might say?

or

-Two coloured chairs in the background?

:drohmy:

WaxPython

Smash Ace
persona? Come on the games aren't even on Nintendo consoles it's a PlayStation exclusive.

Would be a disgrace to see Persona rep before characters like Goku or Blue

KMDP

Smash Legend
Manaphy is Silver Chariot Requiem...

Sonic is either Tusk or Ball Breaker...

Bayonetta is Love Deluxe.
Thought of some more...
Pikachu is Red Hot Chili Pepper

Pikmin are Olimar's Harvest

Shulk has Epitaph.
---
Also, on topic, Persona would be Playstation exclusive, but Persona Q is a thing.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Clamoring for Goku to be in Smash is one thing

but to straight out say that i'd be a disgrace to add a certain character in instead of goku is just foolish

note that I have never ever played persona, so bias is out of the question.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
No idea why Ridley isn't there, but I can somewhat understand why Inkling is the only new character featured. If they wanted the final box art ready following E3, then there's no way they could've added anyone besides the first three without spoiling the upcoming newcomers.

Personally, I would've included both Ridley and the Inklings, but I can't deny that the latter is a much better choice to promote on the cover.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
No idea why Ridley isn't there, but I can somewhat understand why Inkling is the only new character featured. If they wanted the final box art ready following E3, then there's no way they could've added anyone besides the first three without spoiling the upcoming newcomers.

Personally, I would've included both Ridley and the Inklings, but I can't deny that the latter is a much better choice to promote on the cover.
I can't believe i'm saying this but I legit think Ridley is too big to be on the box art.

Or perhaps there's another reason :v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom