• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I agree, all these leaks look more like the popular characters that fans want then actually a leak like the ESRB which was crazy when that happened...
If the roster we have right now was part of a leak 7 months ago, it would be ironically criticised by people for being "too much wish-fulfillment" and not really being "logical" enough.

"Every single character returning including Snake even though Konami sucks? Ridley, despite Sakurai stating he is impossible? K. Rool, Chrom and Dark Samus despite their lack of relevancy? This isn't the kind of roster Sakurai would ever make, it's a wish list made by a nostalgic fanboy. How fake."

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Was this discussed yet? https://twitter.com/loz183/status/1030444445467123712

and for those who don't know, this guy did leak alot before E3, like he knew about certain moves if I recall correctly
Wait what did it say?

Wait… loz18 twitter account is now gone too!? WTF happened!? I was following him and he was having more control than he did on gamefaqs and such. Did the ninjas actuall got him? I literally just woke up. Still catching up with the last 3 pages of this thread.

Edit: Nevermind I just caught up. Welp… who knows what, at this point, lol.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The main problem I have with this idea, however, is that Simon and Richter already have whips, so how would the tentacles differentiate themselves?

Don't get any ideas, it was in a PM :V
Well, if we can have 400 sword fighters I wouldn't mind 3 whip-ish fighters. Especially if Skull Kid is otherwise unique.

Aw, It's okay, I'm already in a SmashBoards related discord.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Also, I'd like to point out that the Direct focused on new Assist Trophies and Pokemon. Of course they won't bring up the returning ones.

We only know of Ashley because of a gameplay segment, she herself never got enough focus to have her own name on the screen.

Gray Fox is an exception, but a justified one since there was no Metal Gear content in Smash 4.

Last edited:

Volodya

Smash Apprentice
Ganondorf was the only cross-series clone we've had right? It doesn't really seem like something that could happen again, given how they order echoes now, but what do you folks think? Could something like Skull Kid as an echo of Mewtwo happen?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
There's been something brewing inside me for the past few days, and I really think I need to get it out now.

Leaks aren't leaks anymore, they're just lists of characters that people actually want. You don't have to back up your claims or provide essential evidence, just list the characters most people want and publish it on GameFAQs or 4chan and watch as a bunch of gullible people start making YouTube videos about it.

The more I think about it, the more I realize the last legit leak was the ESRB leak back in Smash 4, because that had screenshots, videos, and a reasonable background. Everyone else is trying to get those Etika internet points.
Don't count on us getting something like that again, the ESRB leak is a huge anomaly in the world of video game leaks in general, actual picture/video leaks only tend to happen through people getting early copies or the people in charge of promotional stuff messing up. Something like the ESRB leak can never be the standard, when we do get a correct leak (if it isn't already out there) expect it to be nothing more than a list of the characters in the game, as was the case with Brawl and so many other fighting games, we're not even going to get an early copy leak since they'll be revealing the entire roster before release this time.

As for the Youtube video part, blame the Youtubers for trying to cash in on easy views, I think that's a far more immoral thing than posting an otherwise harmless fake leak on the internet.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Ganondorf was the only cross-series clone we've had right? It doesn't really seem like something that could happen again, given how they order echoes now, but what do you folks think? Could something like Skull Kid as an echo of Mewtwo happen?
I wouldn't say it's impossible. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a cross-series Echo Fighter.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It could happen if they really wanted it to, I don't believe that they're laying down arbitrary rules like that, but I don't think there are many potential echoes where it'd make sense. Either way your example wouldn't work as Skull Kid doesn't have a tail.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Well, if we can have 400 sword fighters I wouldn't mind 3 whip-ish fighters. Especially if Skull Kid is otherwise unique.

Aw, It's okay, I'm already in a SmashBoards related discord.
400 swordfighters sounds like a dream.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The main problem I have with this idea, however, is that Simon and Richter already have whips, so how would the tentacles differentiate themselves?

Don't get any ideas, it was in a PM :V
It's dual whips that, in game, Majora's Wrath mainly uses in sync with each other. Plus, because Simon and Richter don't, they could have grab and command grab functionality.

D

Deleted member

I'd be totally down for Bethesda and Blizzard fighters, Tracer is the obvious choice for Bliz and there's so much yoi can do with her.
For Bethesda, it'd have to be none other than Todd Howard. His Final Smash: it transports all fighters to a black void, the Bethesda logo is seen and then, the camera shifts to 1st person and we find ourselves in a carriage.
He has done it: Todd Coward has ported Skyrim to Smash, his Ultimate plan is finally realized.

Last edited by a moderator:

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Imagine ducking out on a celebration of video games because it adds a representative for two of the biggest developers in gaming.

Shocking.
I honestly don't know whether I'd be okay with that or not. I've always viewed Smash as a Nintendo based game where all characters represented are from series that are a good part of Nintendo's history. The issue is where do you draw the line on what's a "good" part of Nintendo's history. For me I think that might be some of the newer third parties that haven't yet released a major IP exclusively on a Nintendo platform. Ubisoft gets a pass for me because of Mario Rabbids, but for Bethesda and especially Blizzard I don't see the point yet.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Skull Kid and Mewtwo don't share similar body types tho. Echoes we know now and the only way Ganon made into Melee was because CF and Ganon have similar body types and could be made a clone.

Last edited:

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
Blizzard are waiting for the smash reboot game. DK's gonna be removed, and Winston Overwatch will take his place. Quote me on this in 2023.

Also do we have any pics of Loz actually saying anything or even that's his account. Saying he'll shut up and not shutting up is a bit something after all. Regardless, i don't think we will see anything from him again for real this time.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think we're past the ''Nintendo" of it all.

We've got the ability at this point to a complete 8 player match in Smash Brothers without a single Nintendo character in it.

At this point Sakurai is most likely viewing it himself as the ultimate crossover game and not the ''ultimate Nintendo crossover game."

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team

We've got the ability at this point to a complete 8 player match in Smash Brothers without a single Nintendo character in it.

At this point Sakurai is most likely viewing it himself as the ultimate crossover game and not the ''ultimate Nintendo crossover game."
I would say Cloud is the only one that doesn't have that much history with Nintendo. Every other 3rd party is significant enough IMO.

D

Deleted member

Hello all; I'm new, but I've been lurking and reading posts since around page 2212. Made an account so I could add input and actually discuss thigns with people since this is the least toxic forum I could find for Smash Ultimate.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I would say Cloud is the only one that doesn't have that much history with Nintendo. Every other 3rd party is significant enough IMO.
eh, to be honest

solid snake is in the same league as cloud

Twin Snakes is hardly significant in Nintendo's history

Opening the way for 3rd parties is the only signifiant thing about Snake and that's only talking about smash, not nintendo as a whole

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Speaking of Blizzard...

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...e_to_have_diablo_in_super_smash_bros_ultimate

I can't help but think that expressing this wish may be too little, too late for them, unless DLC's a factor.

That seems entirely fair. It is at least more sensical than most companies' idea of a crossover these days.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Good god this is actually kind of sad
why?

Hello all; I'm new, but I've been lurking and reading posts since around page 2212. Made an account so I could add input and actually discuss thigns with people since this is the least toxic forum I could find for Smash Ultimate.
I feel you there. I used to be on gamefaqs and reddit, and my god are those toxic as HELL (neogaf too, they are no better)… I ended making an account here not so long ago and it's a total relief in comparison to those sites.

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
eh, to be honest

Opening the way for 3rd parties is the only signifiant thing about Snake and that's only talking about smash, not nintendo as a whole
What about the original Metal Gears?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If the roster we have right now was part of a leak 7 months ago, it would be ironically criticised by people for being "too much wish-fulfillment" and not really being "logical" enough.

"Every single character returning including Snake even though Konami sucks? Ridley, despite Sakurai stating he is impossible? K. Rool, Chrom and Dark Samus despite their lack of relevancy? This isn't the kind of roster Sakurai would ever make, it's a wish list made by a nostalgic fanboy. How fake."
To Be Fair...this is completely true outside of the Inklings (whom nearly everyone expected and/or wanted)
Even then, the series he represents has Nintendo history (but he is their top guy)
eh, to be honest

Snake did have Kojima backing him up and Twin Snake being in the GameCube as a bonus

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
ur in for a real treat :4pacman:

Lol, no seriously, welcome!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
why?

I feel you there. I used to be on gamefaqs and reddit, and my god are those toxic as HELL (neogaf too, they are no better)… I ended making an account here not so long ago and it's a total relief in comparison to those sites.
I mean. This place can be REALLY ****ing toxic too. I'd go in detail but I'm hoping this community has improved since the meltdown people here had about Corrin and Bayonetta. Then again a guy who got permabanned for constantly trying to **** on Chrom fans whined that his free speech rights were being violated because his alt account got banned as alt accounts aren't allowed and an admin let him back in so I should know better

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Howdy! Sprites Inc. is also a decent place to talk about Ultimate, but you can't go wrong with there or here.

I mean. This place can be REALLY ****ing toxic too. I'd go in detail but I'm hoping this community has improved since the meltdown people here had about Corrin and Bayonetta. Then again a guy who got permabanned for constantly trying to **** on Chrom fans whined that his free speech rights were being violated because his alt account got banned as alt accounts aren't allowed and an admin let him back in so I should know better
My rule of thumb is, after the last DLC/character is revealed, you run like the dickens.

Last edited:

Ulk

Smash Cadet
Well, technically speaking Ganondorf is not a clone. Him and Captain Falcon were merely made with a "stock moveset" that was left over from the game that Smash Bros was originally meant to be. So

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well, technically speaking Ganondorf is not a clone. Him and Captain Falcon were merely made with a "stock moveset" that was left over from the game that Smash Bros was originally meant to be. So
Captain Falcon had that stock moveset first.
Ganondorf copied Captain Falcon.
Ganondorf is a clone of Captain Falcon.

D

Deleted member

Howdy! Sprites Inc. is also a decent place to talk about Ultimate, but you can't go wrong with there or here.

My rule of thumb is, after the last DLC/character is revealed, you run like the dickens.
Thanks for the welcome. As it stands, with the reveal of k Rool, the game could release tomorrow and I'd be 100% happy. DLC's nice, but yeah, things can get crazy when there's a last, sudden chance for people's wanted characters to appear.

There's actually no one left for me that I desperately want. Just characters I think would be cool if added. I was raised by the SNES era, but never played Super Mario RPG, so I have no feelings for Geno, but if Square would allow another character, then Crono would be pretty cool for me. And another fakeout villain trailer where instead of Sephiroth for Cloud, we get kefka due to his time on SSNES, that'd be nice. I know the chances are about as slim as Cool Spot getting an appearance, but I can fantasize for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom