• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
A few possibilities:
-It wasn't actually Loz, or Loz is a liar to begin with, and he deleted his own account to make it look like Nintendo did it.
-Loz isn't a liar and I guess they've been waiting to pull the trigger on him till now?
-Loz is a liar and is spreading misinformation, and so he's being brought down to make it look like something he said was real even if it wasn't to preserve ambiguity.
-Mistake? Lol right
Considering Verg has yet to be shut down despite being 95% right about his leaks (only Minecraft content, Isabelle and Gen 7 mon have yet to be proven), I'd honestly go towards Loz bull****ting us.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
A few possibilities:
-It wasn't actually Loz, or Loz is a liar to begin with, and he deleted his own account to make it look like Nintendo did it.
-Loz isn't a liar and I guess they've been waiting to pull the trigger on him till now?
-Loz is a liar and is spreading misinformation, and so he's being brought down to make it look like something he said was real even if it wasn't to preserve ambiguity.
-Mistake? Lol right

Just as a disclaimer: I don't really follow or believe either Loz or Verg lol

If he really isn't Loz, i actually didn't notice. He really got the way Loz typed. And some of the stuff i saw on his twitter defintely made me think it was him.

HOWEVER.

I'm not buying this as official confirmation that isaac is in. I want to believe, but at the same time, i don't want put any pennies on this being real.

Loz hasn't gotten a lot of details right for awhile, and i doubt Nintendo would bother with a low ex-leaker like Loz. |

(And even if they did, Twitter would've said that he was suspended.)

Until i see Isaac being actually being playable, i won't believe a word out of these "leakers."

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
I just woke up and I see loz being talked about again. Can someone give me like a one sentence summary?

D

Deleted member

No, seriously, despite all this Loz talk, I have not seen a single screenshot of his supposed leaks. I want to see both his pre-E3 predictions and pre-Direct ones because I hear two conflicting stories that he got the Direct right and others saying he got everything wrong.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Considering Verg has yet to be shut down despite being 100% right about the revealed content so far, I'd honestly go towards Loz bull****ting us.
That's what I personally believe happened, but I wanted to list other things that could have happened because acting like anything these "leakers" is cut or dry is kind of a stretch

As far as I'm aware, Loz has himself and his one source, and Verg has himself, his various erroneous sources, and the maybe one or two sources everyone is still attached to by the hip because they said "isabelle and simon belmont".

The narrative on Loz so far goes that he's gotten some things right, but his source (his friend who also got his hands on the E3 Direct and demo before the direct happened) might have gotten in trouble somehow, so he stopped doing stuff on Gamefaqs and moved to twitter because it's more secure (??? lol) and people won't harass him as much on there (???????). Then most of his twitter page has just been getting excited about Skull Kid hints, and trying to "interact" with his followers. The he posts this "GUYS I THINK ISAAC" thing and gets nuked

Verg's story is basically that he's kinda shunned from most FGCs except for smash cause he also got Ridley right and talked about no cuts from smash 4 or whatever, and now has this Isabelle thing that's basically keeping him from being shunned by the Smash community.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Wait, loz18 stated that Isaac may be in?

then K.Rool happened, a character that hasn't been relevant for his franchise for about 10 years who has been forgotten by everyone but Smash Forums,
His trailer got over 1 million views is just a couple of days (surpassing even someone like Simon Belmont). There aren't exactly anywhere near that many people who are active even within Smashboards, the biggest Smash-oriented forum there is at this moment, so that statement is clearly incorrect.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Because Nintendo could legally sue both him and his source if it violates a non-disclosure agreement.
Yeah, but i don't see why Nintendo would want to deal with Loz. Loz isn't even right half the time. I've been through this song and dance before, and i can tell you that i doubt this is the case.

That's what I personally believe happened, but I wanted to list other things that could have happened because acting like anything these "leakers" is cut or dry is kind of a stretch

As far as I'm aware, Loz has himself and his one source, and Verg has himself, his various erroneous sources, and the maybe one or two sources everyone is still attached to by the hip because they said "isabelle and simon belmont".

The narrative on Loz so far goes that he's gotten some things right, but his source (his friend who also got his hands on the E3 Direct and demo before the direct happened) might have gotten in trouble somehow, so he stopped doing stuff on Gamefaqs and moved to twitter because it's more secure (??? lol) and people won't harass him as much on there (???????). Then most of his twitter page has just been getting excited about Skull Kid hints, and trying to "interact" with his followers. The he posts this "GUYS I THINK ISAAC" thing and gets nuked

Verg's story is basically that he's kinda shunned from most FGCs except for smash cause he also got Ridley right and talked about no cuts from smash 4 or whatever, and now has this Isabelle thing that's basically keeping him from being shunned by the Smash community.
Yeah, as far as i would go, don't believe anything that these leakers say. They could just have fake information.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Alright, I think Loz may have had some insider info at the beginning, but I think he's just trying to draw attention to himself at this point.

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
Does anybody have a screenshot of the Isaac thing with loz? I am confusion

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
No, seriously, despite all this Loz talk, I have not seen a single screenshot of his supposed leaks. I want to see both his pre-E3 predictions and pre-Direct ones because I hear two conflicting stories that he got the Direct right and others saying he got everything wrong.
I'm pretty sure I've personally seen it.
I'm currently trying to hunt down the thread, but he called the E3 stuff on June 11th if I remember correctly.

As far as the direct goes, that's iffy.
I've seen that stuff too and it's not like it wasn't super vague or anything.
Something about there being a direct around August where they'll show off the menu and two modes, one of which was new. Something about all star mode, which isn't something that happened unless he conflated Smashdown with it or something.
He also said the heroes vs villains thing and people are relating it to the K Rool trailer but... eh???

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Honestly, I'm getting fed up with both Verge and Loz at this point. Both of them are spitting out random newcomers without providing so much as a simple explanation as to why we should believe their sources. Then, to make matters worse, we start seeing fishy behavior behind the scenes. Verge PMs other reliable sources so he can verify his leaks just so his credibility doesn't get damaged, and now we might be looking at Loz deleting his Twitter account because of either (1) he wants to make it seem like Nintendo deleted it, or (2) he's not confident in his source.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant, but I just wish these two would provide more info besides, "Incineroar and Skull Kid could be in Smash!" They're not stating which of their sources made the claims and what these sources have gotten right before. We're basically trusting them to be correct because of their short record with this game.

If I have to make a leap of faith on a character, I'd rather have some supporting evidence to fall back on. That's all I'm asking for.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

His trailer got over 1 million views is just a couple of days (surpassing even someone like Simon Belmont). There aren't exactly anywhere near that many people who are active even within Smashboards, the biggest Smash-oriented forum there is at this moment, so that statement is clearly incorrect.
You do know how Youtube views work, right? Unless you genuinely want me to believe K.Rool has 1mil views(that aren't even all from people who knew him before, mind you)

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
If I recall. Loz's close to exact words were something like: "Isaac is probably in. I need to do some more digging first. Stay tuned!"

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
Wait so he’s been posting about Skull Kid for days but 15 minutes after he talks about Isaac he gets nuked? Is this supspicious or am i just dumb. I want to believe this but I’m thinking he just wants attention. I know the feeling lol

D

Deleted member

Speaking of "leaks," I really hate to bring up the stupid Gothitelle one again, but sense some people still buy it, I feel compelled to point out this inconsistency:
"Kruru" (King K Rool) and "DakuS" (Dark Samus? It was underneath regular Samus) were both listed, unsurprisingly.

guys, stop.png

In Smash 4, King K. Rool's trophy and Mii hat are both named "kingkrool" and not "kruru" and Dark Samus' assist trophy/trophy are named "darksamus."

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Alright, I think Loz may have had some insider info at the beginning, but I think he's just trying to draw attention to himself at this point.
Honestly, I'm getting fed up with both Verge and Loz at this point. Both of them are spitting out random newcomers without providing so much as a simple explanation as to why we should believe their sources. Then, to make matters worse, we start seeing fishy behavior behind the scenes. Verge PMs other reliable sources so he can verify his leaks just so credibility doesn't get damaged, and now we might be looking at Loz deleting his Twitter account because of either (1) he wants to make it seem like Nintendo deleted it, or (2) he's not confident in his source.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant, but I just wish these two would provide more info besides, "Incineroar and Skull Kid could be in Smash!" They're not stating which of their sources made the claims and what these sources have gotten right before. We're basically trusting them to be correct because of their short record with this game.

If I have to make a leap of faith on a character, I'd rather have some supporting evidence to fall back on. That's all I'm asking for.
If I recall. Loz's close to exact words were something like: "Isaac is probably in. I need to do some more digging first. Stay tuned!"
Let me put things into perpective.

Even the guys over at the isaac support thread ain't buying this. We also think he's drawing attention to himself.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I can confirm this is what he said.
He was also responding to people when someone brought up the fact that he said he respects Nintendo's decision to save things for secret; his response was that he felt like Isaac was okay to just shout out to everyone since he thinks they've been hinting at him anyway (e.g. with that Rathalos picture).

Honestly, I'm getting fed up with both Verge and Loz at this point.
man it kinda feels good when I've been saying "hey y'all maybe speculative talk will be more productive if you take the leakers out of the equation" and then people say stuff like this hahaha

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm hating the "Heroes vs Villains" thing because people are acting like it's a real over-arching theme when it's not. K.Rool is the only one whose trailer was themed in such a way(titled "Rivals"). Now I keep seeing "X is totally gonna be im because of the HvV theme!". Like, I'm a big sucker for villains and I would eat up Skull Kid, Black Knight and Medusa with pleasure but people need to stop acting like this is their focus for this game.
Honestly, I'm getting fed up with both Verge and Loz at this point. Both of them are spitting out random newcomers without providing so much as a simple explanation as to why we should believe their sources. Then, to make matters worse, we start seeing fishy behavior behind the scenes. Verge PMs other reliable sources so he can verify his leaks just so credibility doesn't get damaged, and now we might be looking at Loz deleting his Twitter account because of either (1) he wants to make it seem like Nintendo deleted it, or (2) he's not confident in his source.

Why is it fishy to try to confirm the legitimacy of your sources???

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace

You have to understand how YouTube views work. Adeles Hello got over 2 billion views on YouTube; she must better than Michael Jackson and everyone on Earth knows her!! Not.

Last edited:

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
It’s sad to see such a prominent leaker go down in flames like that. The internet is cruel.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

uh, he still has the black knight palette, it's the last one
OK so, I did some research to see if the last one is the same as the BK color in Smash 4 and... (just put the Brawl colors just in case we need it)

While there is some colors that match (like the shoulder pad), Ike's cape & Bandana between the SSB4 and Ultimate one don't match at all.

So....50/50 I guess?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Why is it fishy to try to confirm the legitimacy of your sources???
If a leaker has to get other reliable leakers to verify his own claims, then that probably means he doesn't fully trust his sources.

In other words, Verge shouldn't be "leaking" confirmed and disconfirmed characters if he still has doubts. At the very least, he should be upfront and voice his concerns when he makes these leaks instead of trying to secretly contact other leakers. Might not look as impressive if his leaks end up being true, but at least he would gain respect from people for being honest and not trying to come across as a powerful, all-knowing prophet.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If a leaker has to get other reliable leakers to verify his own claims, then that probably means he doesn't fully trust his sources.

In other words, Verge shouldn't be "leaking" confirmed and disconfirmed characters if he still has doubts. At the very least, he should be upfront and voice his concerns when he makes these leaks instead of trying to secretly contact other leakers. Might not look as impressive if his leaks end up being true, but at least he would gain respect from people for being honest and not trying to come across as a powerful, all-knowing prophet.
hey guys there are no dk newcomers in smash ultimate!!!

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
Yes Bandana Dee show the terfs that trans girls are girls too. If this is true I’m maining him

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Diddy Kong, King K. Rool, and Dark Samus are all western characters. I don't know if you know this, but Europe is part of the Western world.
True, they're western characters, but their franchises aren't western. I'm talking about franchises that did not originate in Japan

blackghost

Smash Champion
Criticizing something over pure speculation isn't being critical. It's looking for things to ***** about.
the entire thread is speculation and unlike the character speculation im using hard data. marth side b doesnt help recovery in 4 unless vastly different why would it now? ike recovery was more from his side b than his aether. not being able to go horizontal drastically hurts a character long term even an elite like cloud. why wouldn't it hurt chrome?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom