• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
What if it's The Masked Royal and he's like Pokemon Trainer except he brings out Lycanroc, (whichever one of the final forms of the starters ends up getting picked), and uh... Alolan Ninetails. (Which isn't Alolan Vulpix, the Pokeball) or Crabominable.

Last edited:
So if you were the game director, which series would be overrepped?
For me, Donkey Kong and Pokémon.
I know this was an old question, but I want to share my response anyways.

I would include 20 Marth echos, rename the game "Super Marth Bros", and then drink some beer while I watch the reactions, like the evil ******* villain I am. :troll:

Last edited:
Let's say every franchise gets a boss, who do you pick for each one?

I'd go with
:ultmario: - Bring back petey/King Boo
:ultdk: - King Frederick
:ultlink: - Gohma is probably the most iconic so him, or maybe pull a giga bowser sort of thing and have ganon
:ultsamus: - Kraid/Mother Brain
:ultfox: - Andross obvi
:ultinkling: - DJ Octavio
:ultkirby: - Wispy woods is most iconic so that makes sense
:ultpikachu: - Either bring back rayquaza or use one of the other legendaries like reshiram and zekrom or something
:ultshulk: - A telethia would be cool, metal face could come back too though
:ultsonic: - Eggman obviously

Not familiar enough with :ultmarth::ultfalcon::ultlittlemac::ultmegaman::ultness::ultolimar::ultryu::ultsnake: to really make a judgement on the rest
  • Petey Piranha (Mario universe, returning from Subspace Emissary)
  • Kamek (Yoshi universe; commands a flying fortress, something like his boss fight in Super Mario Boss Remix)
  • Lord Fredrik (Donkey Kong universe)
  • Calamity Ganon (Legend of Zelda universe)
  • Mother Brain (Metroid universe; yes, I know she's already an assist)
  • Porky (Earthbound universe, returning from Subspace Emissary)
  • Marx (Kirby universe)
  • Liquid Snake in Metal Gear REX (Metal Gear universe)
  • Dr Eggman (Sonic universe)
  • Dr. Wily in the Wily Capsule (Mega Man universe)
  • Hades (Kid Icarus universe; this is mostly so he can make comments about all the Smash fighters)
Returning Smash series bosses
  • Duon
  • Galleom

Last edited:

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
a sligthly controversial opinions that I want to hear other people's opinion on.
:ultluigi:Luigi doesn't have much potential (true to character), that doesn't make him closer to Mario (at least conceptually).
  • Thunderhand is an potential F-Smash, pretty much dr mario's.
  • Poltergust could be used as an Down or Side Special (Cause removing his fireball would be out of character). On Down-B it would mirror Mario's Fludd.
  • Like mario, making him a gimmicky character (Luiginary and random power-ups) isn't in character
  • Pretty everything else isn't notable enough or just minor changes on normals.
None really, But some people might disagree on how much pokemon/mario/zelda can have.

D

Deleted member

I sure hope Heart of Fire is in the Castlevania music in some way, its my second favorite song from the series after Wicked Child, and I was a little disappointed to not see it among the 34 songs (though the selection is still amazing, and modding will fill up the Heart of Fire hole regardless).
It may show up alongside Don't wait Until Night, since in Aria of Sorrow both songs were merged into one (and is seen as Julius Belmont's leifmotif)

Not to mention Heat Man's was merged with Quick Man's theme in a Smash 4 remix (even though the track name doesn't mention Heat Man's theme for some reason)

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
I always had this idea of a Yoshi Rep being Baby Mario & Baby Luigi working together in tandem, similar to Ice Climbers. Mario & Luigi Partners in Time made them have a moveset of sorts so it can be derived from that.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It's not an alt costume if it quadruples the character's height. It's a full-on new character.
He doesn’t need to change height, just add the bandages, the hipster scarf, and the extremely loved blue arms
Aims gun while shedding a tear some sins cannot be forgiven
It was a good design for Sonic Boom (plus the show is ****ing great)

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Zelda, Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, Pokemon.
My picks:
Classic Link(ε), Impa(ε), Hilda(ε), Ganon, Wolf Link, Tingle
Rex and Pyra, Addam and Mythra(ε), Elma, Cross(ε)
Celica, Takumi, Black Knight(ε)
Decidueye, Golisopod, Buzzwole, Garchomp, Plulse(ε) (with Minum alt)
(I still don't think Zelda would be overrepped with those choices...)

D

Deleted member

Baby Pichu would just then be a fetus or an egg? Also, how would we differentiate between Baby Young Link and Baby Link?
Baby Young Link and Baby Link have different colors, and that's it. Baby Pichu is unselectable because it is an egg, and eggs can't battle.

EDIT: Baby Pichu is beta Pichu
beta pichu.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It just hit me that both Mario bros are dead.

So if Peach were to get kidnapped in a future trailer. There's no one there to save her from Bowser.

Unless a certain star spirit from her past showed up to save the day.

What I'm trying to say is? Geno is gonna kill Bowser in his trailer.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It just hit me that both Mario bros are dead.

So if Peach were to get kidnapped in a future trailer. There's no one there to save her from Bowser.

Unless a certain star spirit from her past showed up to save the day.

What I'm trying to say is? Geno is gonna kill Bowser in his trailer.
Which would be weird considering Peach, Bowser, Geno, (Mario, and Mallow) are all allied in SMRPG.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Which would be weird considering Peach, Bowser, Geno, (Mario, and Mallow) are all allied in SMRPG.
Doesn't mean Bowser can't return to his old ways.

But I can see a trailer of this sort.

I suppose you could also do a trailer focusing on the whole gang getting back together, but I think Sakurai already played the ''WHOA! You're back!" with K. Rool.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
New Zelda cast:
Link (still a lefty), Zelda <-> Sheik, Ganondorf, Midna, Ghirahim, Impa (naginata), Young Link remade into a transformation character with unique Deku, Goron, and Zora movesets, and Skull Kid. With all four champions as unique DLC.

And each of them getting costumes from the main games and HW.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

I suppose you could also do a trailer focusing on the whole gang getting back together, but I think Sakurai already played the ''WHOA! You're back!" with K. Rool.
I mean, I've always pictured Geno killing Wario because of how much he reminds me of Booster, but I don't think Geno actually encountered him haha.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I mean, I've always pictured Geno killing Wario because of how much he reminds me of Booster, but I don't think Geno actually encountered him haha.
I mean I want Rosalina in Geno's trailer and she wasn't even created yet when Mario RPG was a thing.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

I know I've been saying this alot but seriously, but if you have been clamoring for the past 10 years relatively obscure characters that are highly popular in the smash community (Geno, Isaac, etc), THIS IS THEIR TIME TO JOIN. They honestly may not get another time to join like this (with relative confidence. K. Rool fans even doubted K. Rool themselves, then Sakurai ACTUALLY listened to fan demand and gave it to them!

Geno, Isaac, Banjo and Kazooie, and Bandana Dee have been like this for YEARS (the first 3 basically since Brawl speculation days) around the world.

I'm just saying since we got K. Rool, we should almost expect these characters to be in the roster. I almost can't imagine that big beautiful banner without them.

I say this all with reservations, but also to expect it in the upcoming directs. It just makes sense now.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
On the topic of overepping series, Id overrep DK and MGS, to little surprise.

DK, Funky as an echo of DK, Diddy, Dixie as a Diddy echo/semi clone, King K. Rool, Cranky, and Lanky.

MGS has Solid Snake, Big Boss as a semiclone/echo with elements from 3/PW/5 in hus moveset such as a fulton recovery, rocket punch, tank box, combat knife and Metal Gear ZEKE, Revolver Ocelot, and Gray Fox & Raiden as echoes of eachother.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Mother, I'd have a hard time withstanding the temptation of adding both Porky and Kumatora, as well as Saturn Valley as a stage and either the Natural Killer Cyborg or the Kraken as a boss in the Adventure Mode, plus I'd be in heaven with all the amazing music the series has to offer.

With Kirby I'd also want both Bandana Dee and Dark Matter, but a part of me also feels that Kirby would be able to justify 5 characters (although that may just be my bias).

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's pretty perfect really.

Geno looks like a puppet. She's a puppet fighter.

They're both from space.

Geno has his ''higher authority" line, you could make her the higher authority.
Geno is supposed to be a star, correct? I think he would get along with Luma.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Obviously his side.

I'm debating on whether the counter is his neutral or down special. I think it'd be the down special like many others but you never know, man.
I think the blunderbuss is neutral B because you can angle it.

For a move that can be angled, it's probably best for the control stick to start in the neutral position

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
I saw this a while back. “Play the director”:
I would definitely cut :ultlucina::ultpichu::ultroy::ultdarkpit::ultcorrin::ultwiifittrainer::ultbayonetta:

These would get a revamp::ultyounglink::ultganondorf::ultfalco::ultdaisy::ultdarksamus::ultdarksamus:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I keep forgetting how lucky am I that Sakurai only listens to fans when adding characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom