• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumzilla

Smash Journeyman
Buck is the obvious choice to represent Ubisoft. There are no other characters. None at all.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Probably because nobody else has the complete and utter obsession with him that you do.

Anyway, if there was a Monster Hunter newcomer, I can guarantee you Yoshi would bite it in their trailer. Either that, or he'd get captured and sent off to whatever base said hunter uses.

It'd be easy. Monster Hunter sees Yoshi, thinks he's some new kind of monster, starts slashin' away. If nothing else, he'd get knocked away like Dedede did in K. Rool's trailer.
It just seemed like the three of you wrote him off like he was a weakling and didn't give him any respect for it. I know I might be the "Yoshi" guy around here but NOBODY stood up for him? That's sad...

Shroob

Sup?
I don't think that's necessarily true for K. Rool though. A lot of people who haven't even played his games got interested in the potential of him as a Smash fighter. Or at the very least, they could spend 10 minutes watching his boss battles on YouTube and "get it." I know I got someone in another thread interested in the character just by linking his DKC2 boss battle. Definitely more interest in him than most RPG protagonists from nonfans, at least.

Of course, lots of people that hadn't played his games (and some who did...) were also openly bashing him, but. Y'know.
Eh. DKC1 K.Rool is a boring fight to be frank. Mostly because it's just "Dodge the crown, dodge him, dodge the cannonballs" over and over.

DKC2 and 3 adds more mechanics that make it more interesting.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I don't think that's necessarily true for K. Rool though. A lot of people who haven't even played his games got interested in the potential of him as a Smash fighter. Or at the very least, they could spend 10 minutes watching his boss battles on YouTube and "get it." I know I got someone in another thread interested in the character just by linking his DKC2 boss battle. Definitely more interest in him than most RPG protagonists from nonfans, at least.

Of course, lots of people that hadn't played his games (and some who did...) were also openly bashing him, but. Y'know.
That's how I came to support K. Rool, I had no prior experiences with him going into Smash 4 speculation, but his fanbase really made me understand the appeal of his character, not just in terms of moveset but also the personality he'd bring into the game. I was sold pretty much immediately, and have since played and completed DKC, and I still have to get to the two sequels somewhere down the line.

Last edited:

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Ok. Right I'm either about to blow some of your minds, confuse you or make you think I'm stupid.
How about:
Let's talk Buck Bumble
What about now, it's time to rock with the bickety Buck Bumble.

Why is this song so stupid good?

And why is this fanmade version just as good, though in a more hilarious way?

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
It just seemed like the three of you wrote him off like he was a weakling and didn't give him any respect for it. I know I might be the "Yoshi" guy around here but NOBODY stood up for him? That's sad...
The reasoning is simple. In a fight between this:

41 - Gqxan2g.png
and this:

394310d248f14eef82b90091e3f7d2e0.jpg

All the cartoon physics in the world won't keep me from rooting for the latter. It doesn't even look like a contest. :p

Gumzilla

Smash Journeyman
Imagine if Buck's victory theme was a remix of his theme and it kept playing the whole time just like Cloud!

Noipoi

Howdy!
The reasoning is simple. In a fight between this:

View attachment 158145
and this:

View attachment 158146

All the cartoon physics in the world won't keep me from rooting for the latter. It doesn't even look like a contest. :p
Monster Hunters make armor out of monsters right?
Would they make a hat out of Yoshi's head?
A shield out of his saddle?
Boots out of his...boots?

Last edited:

Gumzilla

Smash Journeyman
Monster Hunters make armor out of monsters right?
Would they make a hat out of Yoshi's head?
A shield out of his saddle?
Boots out of his...boots?
More like boots and Yoshi skin pants. Now I want Yoshi armor in Gen Ultimate.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Here's some more evidence in your favor:
  • The only Pokemon representation in Smash so far are six Gen 1, one Gen 2, one Gen 4, and one Gen 6.
  • Gardevoir is Gen 3 and Gothitelle is Gen 5.
If the leak is true, then all gens up to gen 6 will have fighter representation.
That's not evidence, if anything Sakurai has demonstrated the opposite - as in previous games, he's never cared for representing generations or typings of Pokemon. It's always been a fan rationale to justify the inclusion certain Pokemon.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Bet you wouldn't say the same for Kirby, a character that is basically taboo to disrespect in the gaming world...
Well, Kirby could eat the Monster Hunter and absorb his power. Sure Yoshi eats guys too but he doesn't get their power.
That's where the "Kirby is OP" thing comes from, he could eat God and absorb his power.

Last edited:

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Anyways, don't underestimate Yoshi. He ain't no weak MH creature!!!

Well, Kirby could eat the Monster Hunter an absorb his power. Sure Yoshi eats guys too but he doesn't get their power.
That's where the "Kirby is OP" thing comes from, he could eat God and absorb his power.
He can turn them into ammunition. That's just as good

Last edited:

Gumzilla

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, I'd like to hear what they could possibly do that Yoshi hasn't dealt with in his own games...
Leave Yoshi in a room with an angry and hungry Deviljho and tell me what happens.
Can he beat a Dalamadur without his precious eggs?
1534409532622.jpeg

Bazelgeuse's scales will blow up Yoshi from the inside out if he tries to eat one.
There's Valstrax who's a ROCKET POWERD ELDER DRAGON!!!!!
1534409778504.jpeg

And finally: Fatalis! Arguably the most feared monster in the series!

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Leave Yoshi in a room with an angry and hungry Deviljho and tell me what happens.
View attachment 158147
Bazelgeuse's scales will blow up Yoshi from the inside out if he tries to eat one.
View attachment 158149
Remember that he's eaten Bullet Bills and Bob-ombs and he ended up okay.

Eggs aren't the only thing Yoshi can use. He butt stomped a boss so hard he was sent to space and exploded into stars.

He can lift eggs that are many times his size and even ones that size that are LEAD!!!

Flashiness and "ermagherd. Rocket dragons" doesn't phase my boi.

Gumzilla

Smash Journeyman
Remember that he's eaten Bullet Bills and Bob-ombs and he ended up okay.

Eggs aren't the only thing Yoshi can use. He butt stomped a boss so hard he was sent to space and exploded into stars.

He can lift eggs that are many times his size and even ones that size that are LEAD!!!

Flashiness and "ermagherd. Rocket dragons" doesn't phase my boi.
Dalamadur literally destroys mountains almost daily and Valstrax can dive bomb Yoshi at a speed that will leave Yoshi nothing more than a red splatter on the ground. Not to mention Fatalis is considered a god.

Pakky

Smash Hero

Takato-mon?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Ha!

But to take that point seriously, Yoshi LETS Mario ride him.
Yoshi lets a man who has sent countless members of his species to their doom in an endless pit ride him freely?

Pretty masochistic. :p

Last edited:

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Is that why Mario beats Yoshi in the back of the head to make him eat koopas?
No, Mario POINTS. He doesn't punch. This has been debunked a billion times.
Yoshi lets a man who has sent countless members of his species to their doom in an endless pit ride him freely?

Pretty masochistic. :p
Player choice Hinata. If you use the white Tanooki Suit in 3D Land and 3D World does that make Mario a coward who can't finish a level?

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
View attachment 158147
View attachment 158149
I mean...I beat those dudes with a giant musical
Instrument and slow, sluggish motions...

Gumzilla

Smash Journeyman
Anyway if you take away the cartoon physics, if Yoshi was put into the MH world: He gonna die.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Let's say every franchise gets a boss, who do you pick for each one?

I'd go with
:ultmario: - Bring back petey/King Boo
:ultdk: - King Frederick
:ultlink: - Gohma is probably the most iconic so him, or maybe pull a giga bowser sort of thing and have ganon
:ultsamus: - Kraid/Mother Brain
:ultfox: - Andross obvi
:ultinkling: - DJ Octavio
:ultkirby: - Wispy woods is most iconic so that makes sense
:ultpikachu: - Either bring back rayquaza or use one of the other legendaries like reshiram and zekrom or something
:ultshulk: - A telethia would be cool, metal face could come back too though
:ultsonic: - Eggman obviously

Not familiar enough with :ultmarth::ultfalcon::ultlittlemac::ultmegaman::ultness::ultolimar::ultryu::ultsnake: to really make a judgement on the rest

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Let's say every franchise gets a boss, who do you pick for each one?

I'd go with
:ultmario: - Bring back petey/King Boo
:ultdk: - King Frederick
:ultlink: - Gohma is probably the most iconic so him, or maybe pull a giga bowser sort of thing and have ganon
:ultsamus: - Kraid/Mother Brain
:ultfox: - Andross obvi
:ultinkling: - DJ Octavio
:ultkirby: - Wispy woods is most iconic so that makes sense
:ultpikachu: - Either bring back rayquaza or use one of the other legendaries like reshiram and zekrom or something
:ultshulk: - A telethia would be cool, metal face could come back too though
:ultsonic: - Eggman obviously

Not familiar enough with :ultmarth::ultfalcon::ultlittlemac::ultmegaman::ultness::ultolimar::ultryu::ultsnake: to really make a judgement on the rest
I know what I'd give my boi. Either Naval Piranha or Raphael the Raven (the Yoshi games have better bosses than Mario)

Gumzilla

Smash Journeyman
So out of morbid curiosity I went on 4chan to try and find "leaks" for us to rip into. I ended up finding this:
1534412831671.png

I'm a bit skeptical, as we should be with any rumor. Mostly because they say the supposed SMRPG stage will have 10 tracks. Since it would most likely be considered a Mario stage it would have more music than that due to how much Mario music we're bound to have and the fact Sakurai said as long as it's part of a series it will have all the available music for that series.

Edit: It states Shadow will return as an assist trophy in the blacked out parts

Last edited:

Soulsaint

Smash Apprentice
Forums are acting weird for me.

Is it confirmed that there won't be custom.moves anymore? It feels so weird for Megaman and the MII fighters. And speaking of the latter, will costumes come back, or the ability to use your own mii?
If it's really just the standard mii fighters, they lose their appeal tremendously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom