• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
As far as Shantae's chances go, I think she'd get in on the basis that her design appeals more to Japanese audiences than Shovel Knight, which while he's cool, has no known face.

That said, if Kazuma Kiryu even has chances to get into Smash as another Sega rep someday, it looks like he'll have some hurdles to jump through:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._series_according_to_segars_toshihiro_nagoshi

Only need Banjo Kazooie as a playable character and everyone's life is complete with this newest Smash Bros game.
Anyone agrees?
Not necessarily, but it would be one step closer to my life being complete.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
What do you mean? What need to make your life complete in the Smash Bros Ultimate?
Besides, Shantae, I'd need Rayman, Crash Bandicoot and some new Wario characters (good luck, I know). More DK characters would be nice too, but I'd settle with Dixie being added for now.

Series-wise, it'd still be a long path beyond this installment.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've mentioned this earlier, but if Riki is an assist and in a final smash, so can the Moon.
Still, having the Moon as a FS after being a stage element and an AT is kinda redundant.

I rather expect something like his hypnosis when he transforms Link into a Deku.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I just saw that Street Fighter have 36 musics.

I swear, if none of those have Guile Theme, i'm going to have a stroke.

Also Square, get your **** together, Konami & Capcom are doing a better job than you!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Hold on a second...

Rayman was Nintendo?
Well, yes! Only ever since Rayman 2: The Great Escape on the Nintendo 64. Ever since then, the limbless wonder showed up in various games and ports for GBC, GBA, the Wii, Nintendo DS/3DS, Wii U and Switch. :shades: Hell, the first game was originally planned to be on SNES, too.

Rayman is closer to Nintendo's DNA than one would expect, though really just owned by UbiSoft since the start.

Last edited:

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
Ninja Goemon for Assist Trophy because he wasn't iconic as Snake and Simon Belmont outside Japan.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Anything Yoshi related completes my life...
Would you be willing to settle for championing Poochy? Kamek may be dead in the water, seeing as he still can't get to be a boss in his own series.

Ninja Goemon for Assist Trophy because he wasn't iconic as Snake and Simon Belmont.
Only in America. In Japan, he was bigger than both. Then everyone mostly gave up their chances on him after Snake got in Smash Bros, never mind the whole pachinko death sentence.

BeardyBennett

Smash Apprentice
Ninja Goemon for Assist Trophy because he wasn't iconic as Snake and Simon Belmont outside Japan.
Speaking of popularity by region, I really hope we still get a weird "Japanese" character. I miss the days of unlocking Marth, saying "who's that?", and then getting really interested in the origins of this Japanese-speaking sword fighter. I would love for Nintendo to try and push some beloved obscure "Japanese" IP again. Lip and Goemon would be great to see for that spot.

Last edited:

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of popularity by region, I really hope we still get a weird "Japanese" character. I miss the days of unlocking Marth, saying "who's that?", and then getting really interested in the origins of this Japanese-speaking sword fighter. I would love for Nintendo to try and push some beloved obscure "Japanese" IP again. Lip and Goemon would be great to see for that spot.
Renember when Takamaru was included as an Assist Trophy in Smash Bros 4?
Correct me if i'm wrong: He's from Japanese game?

Last edited:

BeardyBennett

Smash Apprentice
And I wish he was would have been playable in 4 or Ultimate. Think he would have been a great rep, even if it meant another accursed sword fighter

EDIT: and then we could have maybe seen his popularity rise and get like a low-budget $20 sequel or something

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Goku would be the best Japan exclusive pick.

Goku.png

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
And I wish he was would have been playable in 4 or Ultimate. Think he would have been a great rep, even if it meant another accursed sword fighter

EDIT: and then we could have maybe seen his popularity rise and get like a low-budget $20 sequel or something
Fun fact: none of the current sword users have katanas, only ATs do (Goroh, Kat&Ana and Takamaru).

At least he got a Mii costume...

Goku would be the best Japan exclusive pick.

View attachment 157746
Still hoping all the voting for DB!Goku accidentally convinced Sakurai to get this guy.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
We dont need playable characters to fill that void, anymore.
We have more than just Trophies and Stage Elements, we have the behemoths of some form of boss battles, and Assist Trophies. (Final Smashes too... but thats series related).

In short- wasting a character space on making a possibly undeserving character elevated to playable, above others... is not something I'm keen on seeing.

We arent in the same world as 2001 with melee.

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
I'm still holding out hope for three new Zelda characters. Skull kid as an original with Impa and Hilda as echoes. Maybe even Demise as an echo if lucky.

Staarih

Smash Master
As far as Shantae's chances go, I think she'd get in on the basis that her design appeals more to Japanese audiences than Shovel Knight, which while he's cool, has no known face.
I'd like to think so too. Lately I've been lowkey really entertained by the idea of Shantae in Smash. I'm a fan of her, so sure, bias is present, but Shovel Knight really opened the door for more indie visibility in Smash (hopefully). Honestly it'll probably be just more AT's or just regular trophies, but who knows.

I recall Shovel Knight and Shantae being pretty neck to neck during the ballot, so I personally wouldn't write off either/or as more popular than the other. And I feel like Shovel Knight appearing everywhere is more of Yacht Club Games being more open about such ideas, with WayForward being more picky. But I dunno, Shantae as an AT would be enough to make me happy.

D

Deleted member

Now asking to the people familiar with F-Zero:

Would Black Shadow properly work as a :ultfalcon: echo?
As the proper heir to :ganondorfmelee:?

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
I'm suspecting that Shantae would be an Assist Trophy.
Do you think that Digimon anime was first and afterwars, a game?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'd like to think so too. Lately I've been lowkey really entertained by the idea of Shantae in Smash. I'm a fan of her, so sure, bias is present, but Shovel Knight really opened the door for more indie visibility in Smash (hopefully). Honestly it'll probably be just more AT's or just regular trophies, but who knows.

I recall Shovel Knight and Shantae being pretty neck to neck during the ballot, so I personally wouldn't write off either/or as more popular than the other. And I feel like Shovel Knight appearing everywhere is more of Yacht Club Games being more open about such ideas, with WayForward being more picky. But I dunno, Shantae as an AT would be enough to make me happy.
Either way, it's still a huge step up over the one CommanderVideo trophy in Smash 4. Plus Intie Creates are pretty buddy-buddy with WayForward, seeing as Shantae did show up in BM Zero, so who knows what'll happen.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
So who do you think are the top 5 most requested characters? List them and then rate their chance.
Isaac: 60%
Geno: 70%
Banjo and Kazooie: 50%
Bandana Waddle Dee: 60%
Skull Kid: 70%
I think it's...

Shadow 90%
Skull Kid 92%
Isaac 75%
Geno 70%
Isabelle 95%

D

Deleted member

Shantae would be an interesting choice but I can't imagine she'll get in because when it comes down to it, her series isn't that popular even in the west and she's more niche in Japan. I'm not sure if she'd even get in as a AT, she would need a lot more sales (Shovel Knight level) I believe to get to that point.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I would approve Banjo and Kazooie, if it weren't for the fact that Rare Ltd. is Microsoft's property. Also, Microsoft literally killed the series with Nuts & Bolts.

D

Deleted member

I would approve Banjo and Kazooie, if it weren't for the fact that Rare Ltd. is Microsoft's property. Also, Microsoft literally killed the series with Nuts & Bolts.
Well the head of Xbox wants him in so I think it'll work out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Man, if Shantae really is in...I would probably scream of joy.

Shantae would be an interesting choice but I can't imagine she'll get in because when it comes down to it, her series isn't that popular even in the west and she's more niche in Japan. I'm not sure if she'd even get in as a AT, she would need a lot more sales (Shovel Knight level) I believe to get to that point.
Shovek Knight sold 2 milion copies...in 4 years and on 8 different platforms, with several addicted fans who double or triple dipped on it. While we haven't seen official numbers for Shantae I don't think she is that far behind. At the very least she did better than the CommanderVideo series.

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
There are so many leaks now that it’s hard to keep track and focus on which one has the most credibility. So much conflicting info and so much variety that it’s really hard to pinpoint who is actually in the game or not. The only easy one was Simon in my opinion. One leaker says Gardevoir/Gothitelle, another says Incineroar, and another says no new Pokémon Rep at all.

I’m sort of sick of it all. I’d rather just ride the “Ultimate” wave rather than take stock (lol) in leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom