• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm really not sure why people believe that Gardevior leak.

It's so fake it makes Kim Kardashin's butt look real.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, you don't even need the Smash Ult. demo. Pull the Smash 4 assets, plug them into source film maker, and insert any character you want on an already confirmed Ult. stage fighting Smash 4 characters for like 5sec. and you've got yourself a leak that people will believe, as long as you take the time to make the lighting believable and the characters react to hits as they should.
There are too many differences between 4 and Ultimate to make that work. From the Smoke Trails, to the physics, to some of the models like DK's for example. To the Health Icons, to how KOs are shown now. Plus, people will demand you show the CSS. People who are more observant as well will notice the change in physics and the subtle details.

After the fake Rayman leak from a couple years ago, everyone is a lot more skeptical.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well, that was short-lived.
RIP 2ch leak 8/13/18 ~ 8/13/18
No one will miss you
What leak was missed? The only thing to reminisce is the Trail of Salt. Some say Omni's Rayman leak made the quadruple the annual amounts in a single day.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

If fake it's a random guess that somehow matched up with Sakurai's mad brain. It's like a stain with Jesus's face, you just gotta marvel at it.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

What makes you say that? I mean I'm sure you're right, but I'm curious why

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
There are too many differences between 4 and Ultimate to make that work. From the Smoke Trails, to the physics, to some of the models like DK's for example. To the Health Icons, to how KOs are shown now. Plus, people will demand you show the CSS. People who are more observant as well will notice the change in physics and the subtle details.

After the fake Rayman leak from a couple years ago, everyone is a lot more skeptical.
I think you overestimate the masses' ignorance/willingness to believe something they really want to be true. Even debunked rumors stick around and get spread like a game of telephone.

D

Deleted member

And no-one enver got a chance to make a Matthew support thread.
What's uo with all this Matthew support? I mean, Hector isn't evem playable yet
What leak was missed? The only thing to reminisce is the Trail of Salt. Some say Omni's Rayman leak made the quadruple the annual amounts in a single day.
I miss all the leaks that said what I wanted to believe in
Blue will miss it because it said Prince Sable
The number of people who will miss it is the same as the number of Sable supporters

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So... how many Youtube videos on this by tomorrow?

Untouch

Smash Master
Is the Gardevoir leak the "I somehow got the demo then somehow datamined it, then the file crumbled into dust so I don't have it anymore so don't ask" leak?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Gonna dive into this "guess 6 uniques and 6 echoes" game from forever ago.

However, since I only expect 8 characters, 5 and 6 for each are extras.

Unique
  1. Geno
  2. Skull Kid
  3. Bandana Dee
  4. Incineroar
  5. Isaac
  6. Elma
Echoes
  1. Dixie Kong (Diddy Echo with some DK specials)
  2. Impa (Sheik Echo)
  3. Mach Rider (Captain Falcon Echo with a bike side B)
  4. Shadow (Sonic Echo)
  5. Matthew (Isaac Echo)
  6. Akuma (Ryu Echo)

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
All that effort just to troll some people online.
You'd be surprised how much effort someone will put into something when they're bored and don't have to work.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Hey, just to debunk it even further: The only comment on the Smash Bros thread is really awkward Japanese, as in "This is either someone who has very basic knowledge or Google Translate" japanese. People don't talk like that at all on 2ch lol.

Oh and look at that, Google Translate returns "I hope that you will die" perfectly to me when I put that on it. I swear people make all this huge, elaborate leaks and screens but keep insisting on making them Japanese with zero knowledge of the language.

Btw ムート was Matthew from Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. Probably pushing them as a Isaac Echo

EDIT: That's what I get for not reading the entire thread, Pyra Pyra already called it out whoops!

Last edited:

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I'm gonna be honest and ask at the same time… is it normal that i'm actually more hyped about the hints he drops every now and then… rather than hyped the leaks people keep making everyday?
I am more hyped about Sakurai's obvious hints, as much as some people try to deny them. If at the end of the day Skull Kid or Isaac are nowhere to be seen, then I'll learn my lesson.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'm gonna be honest and ask at the same time… is it normal that i'm actually more hyped about the hints he drops every now and then… rather than hyped the leaks people keep making everyday?
Yes, because if Sakurai hints at something, it's probably going to pan out.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Heck, people can even make high quality models or even rip some and change em up a bit for it. I could literally rip Deathborn's model, go into blender and mess with it, hire somebody to make high res texutres, then go to SFM with another character model and Stage model, do some nice animation and camera work... and then let the internet views come in.
Sounds like you've already got a plan to become Youtube famous™.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Hey, just to debunk it even further: The only comment on the Smash Bros thread is really awkward Japanese, as in "This is either someone who has very basic knowledge or Google Translate" japanese. People don't talk like that at all on 2ch lol.

Oh and look at that, Google Translate returns "I hope that you will die" perfectly to me when I put that on it. I swear people make all this huge, elaborate leaks and screens but keep insisting on making them Japanese with zero knowledge of the language.

Btw ムート was Matthew from Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. Probably pushing them as a Isaac Echo
"I don't understand what they're saying, so it must be real."

Which is bull because people can lie in any language :V

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Is the Gardevoir leak the "I somehow got the demo then somehow datamined it, then the file crumbled into dust so I don't have it anymore so don't ask" leak?
Sounds legit. I found my own copy of the demo and actually found an encrypted .mpeg of Sakurai talking about how he wanted to troll Waluigi fans specifically and hide him as a super duper secret character in the main game. And also that he would be top tier and I also played him.

Forgot to record any of it though, my bad. I let my cousin borrow it and he hasn't brought it back yet.

Next Door Dog

Smash Apprentice
Are we done reposting and/or Google translating the fake leak?

I just want to say I don't think the 103 stage total is final. Maybe it's just the translation for the direct, but there's noticeable present tense phrasing used when Sakurai talks about the stage total.

"The stage total is turning out to be pretty impressive".
"Now the total number of stages is... voila!"

Nothing substantial, but it's not too different than giving the fighter roster total during the first direct, which was pretty much just all the veterans and Inkling. The final stage total would only be a few more (5 max for the base game and a slot for a DLC screen), so it doesn't take much away from the number he gave (and being able to say there's 100 minus a few puts more emphasis on that astonishing number). I really doubt that Castlevania is the last new series, so there's probably at least one or two for whatever IPs. The 3DS Mute City is listed as "Mute City SNES", which doesn't make much sense if there is only the one in Ultimate. Finally, R.O.B. is still missing a home stage background on his page, but it could just be an error, or no reason to give him a stage (I just checked just to be sure they didn't give him Mario Bros. like in Brawl).

Not to say we need more stages, 103 is more than I know what to do with. I just don't think we should be using the 103 number with such finality to denounce any new stage or series being added to the game.

Luminario

Smash Lord
All they said is they managed to get a copy of the demo build. Whether they're telling us they stole the entire demo for themselves or if they just managed to get alone with the demo build long enough to quickly skim through a debug mode is anyone's guess.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
People's reactions to leaks are weird too. Verge said multiple characters would appear, and many of them did. (People later said he piggybacked on every character except for Simon, but I don't know how true that was, since nobody believed Snake, IC and Wolf were also coming back). Then when everybody except for Simon was revealed, people still thought Verge was lying. Even after Simon was revealed people were still calling BS on Verge-- which, I have no problem with. This isn't my point.

But along comes a leak that gives less info and guesses only one alt while implying that another character isn't going to make it (Richter and Simon), and then people seem to entertain it and believe it.

I want to urge people here to be a little more consistent with which leaks we entertain. I don't understand why the "Datamine" leak is being talked about.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
What makes you say that? I mean I'm sure you're right, but I'm curious why
No one got their hands on the demo enough to datamine it. Not at a massive event like that.

That's like some James Bond ****. Tom Cruise literally wants to know how it's done, because it's Mission Impossible.

Last edited:

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Yep. It's such a dumb leak, I don't see how people will fall for it.
Guy got Richter, Dark Samus and K.Rool right. The only real hard read was honestly Richter and even then we all know he's the most popular Belmont. Aside from that there's way more going against this leak than it's favor. The whole situation is almost impossible.

Wasn't there a leak that got a bunch of things right but in the end was a complete lie? I almost remembered what leak that was today, but I can't remember it at all... I remember people were riding it until it was very clear it was fake

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Guy got Richter, Dark Samus and K.Rool right. The only real hard read was honestly Richter and even then we all know he's the most popular Belmont. Aside from that there's way more going against this leak than it's favor. The whole situation is almost impossible.

Wasn't there a leak that got a bunch of things right but in the end was a complete lie? I almost remembered what leak that was today, but I can't remember it at all... I remember people were riding it until it was very clear it was fake
The Gematsu leaks?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Well it wasn't a complete lie but I think you're talking about the Gematsu leak which used an early and incomplete character list which had Chorus Kids and chrom who were cut but got everyone else outside of Rosalina, Greninja (who was listed as Gen 6 Pokemon) and Robin/Lucy

PSA: clear your image cache to see the new Ultimate smilies.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
The Gematsu leaks?
Well it wasn't a complete lie but I think you're talking about the Gematsu leak which used an early and incomplete character list which had Chorus Kids and chrom who were cut but got everyone else outside of Rosalina, Greninja (who was listed as Gen 6 Pokemon) and Robin/Lucy

PSA: clear your image cache to see the new Ultimate smilies.
Nah, it was for Smash Ultimate. I vaguely remember them getting Ridley right, but now that I think more about it the less I can remember it at all. Maybe I'm mixing things up

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Eh what? Damn that's an early 2016 opinion, I haven't seen anyone seriously claiming Cloud is less than #2 in a long time, much less "not even top 5". Guess Bayo is really stealing his thunder if there's anyone viewing him as "reasonably well-balanced".
???
Cloud hasn't been in a Major singles Grand Finals in a good while; maybe MKLEo, but that dude busts out like 5 characters and plays Marth in most of the critical sets.

Hell the last Smas h4 major finals was Peach vs. Marth... same as Melee actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom