• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeox

Smash Champion
First they make fake character select screens.

Then they make fake gameplay footage.

Now they're making fake websites?

What's next? Fake TV ads?
Fake leakers are growing and evolving... soon they will be able to make a whole fake reality like Matrix.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
For the record, 2channel was named "2channel" until it was renamed "5channel" in October, 2017.

So that's another thing :p

Autobot N

Smash Apprentice
Someone apparently guessed 100% correctly every reveal thus far. So...this leak could be the one. I'm gonna link it to the gamefaqs topic on it.

Warning: MAJOR SPOILERS

. https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76899877

Characters that appeared in the previous game will return as fighters King Couleur Simon Belmondo Richter Belmondo Stark Kid Gino Shisea Ridley Banjo Ink ring Mute Princess Daisy Robin Lloyd Irving Dark Sams Chrome Bandana Wadrudi

Heihachi Mishima Dixie Kong Mahoroa The prince of Saber Kingdom
You've missed a lot

Ivander

Smash Legend
Someone apparently guessed 100% correctly every reveal thus far. So...this leak could be the one. I'm gonna link it to the gamefaqs topic on it.

. https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76899877

Characters that appeared in the previous game will return as fighters King Couleur Simon Belmondo Richter Belmondo Stark Kid Gino Shisea Ridley Banjo Ink ring Mute Princess Daisy Robin Lloyd Irving Dark Sams Chrome Bandana Wadrudi

We were just talking about it and looks like it has been confirmed a fake.

D

Deleted member

Umm guys, someone made a prediction list of Ultimate's newcomer list back in January. The scary thing is that it predicted every single newcomer so far, even Richter, and Daisy.

https://i.imgur.com/rO3BSa2.png

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76899877

I'm sorry

【Entire Participation】 Characters that appeared in the previous game will return as fighters King Couleur Simon Belmondo Richter Belmondo Stark Kid Gino Shisea Ridley Banjo Ink ring Mute Princess Daisy Robin Lloyd Irving Dark Sams Chrome Bandana Wadrudi

Very interesting...

I'll translate it as best as I can, as this one does seem legit.

Note, date it was posted on 5ch is 2018/1/1 so well before E3. And even before the Smash teaser trailer iirc.

ごめんなさい
Excuse me.

【全員参戦】以前ゲームに登場したキャラクターが、みんなファイターとして戻ります
[All Members Participating] - All the fighters who appeared in the previous games will return.
キングクルール
Kingu Kururu (King K.Rool)
シモン ベルモンド
Shimon Berumondo (Simon Belmont)
リヒター ベルモンド
Rihutaa Berumondo (Richter Belmont)
スタルキッド
Sutaru Kiddo (Skull Kid)
ジーノ
Jiino (Starkid Geno)
しずえ
Shizue (no idea)
リドリー
Ridorii (Ridley)
バンジョー
Banjoo (Banjo-Kazooie)
インクリング
Inkuringu (Inkling)
ムート
Muuto (not too sure here)
デイジー姫
Daijii Hime (Princess Daisy)
ロビン
Robin (Isaac)
ロイド アーヴィング
Roido Aavingu (Lloyd Irving)
ダークサムス
Daaku Samusu (Dark Samus)
クロム
Kuromu (Chrom)
バンダナワドルディ
Bandana Wadorudi (Bandana Dee)
三島 平八
Mishima Heihachi (pretty self-explanatory)
ディクシーコング
Dikushii Kongu (Dixie Kong)
マホロア
Mahoroa
サブレ王国の王子
Saburu Ookoku no Ooshi (Prince Sable)

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Well, at least that text leak had effort behind it.

Not only that but all the Japanese names were correct, so if they're an English speaker at least there was effort put in.
Oh, I know one!

****!
The correct answer was "Fsteak?".

I would have also accepted "Fake", in relation to the leak.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

You poor poor late soul.

Untouch

Smash Master
Incase someone thinks that it's just a coincidence, the main page never updates on the site.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So hoax?

Darn and I'd just thought of a good compromise.

"What if it's not the list of characters but the short list that Sakurai pulled from? That'd explain why no Pokemon, GF would want extra say on them."

Zeox

Smash Champion
Someone will get a Smash Ultimate demo, hack it and make a mod with Rayman or something, then show it as a leak just to mess with us even more.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'd rather just like... wait. LOL.
For real. I mean i was hyped regardless about Simon even with all the leaks talking about him. But I won't deny i freaking LOVE both me genuinely having no idea about what i'm going to see next, and also watch genuine reaction videos of people who didn't get spoiled. It's worth the wait. And it's just for a few months, where we will get more info within each one of them most possibly.

Edit: just typos, being sick sucks atm lol

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Someone will get a Smash Ultimate demo, hack it and make a mod with Rayman or something, then show it as a leak just to mess with us even more.
Honestly, you don't even need the Smash Ult. demo. Pull the Smash 4 assets, plug them into source film maker, and insert any character you want on an already confirmed Ult. stage fighting Smash 4 characters for like 5sec. and you've got yourself a leak that people will believe, as long as you take the time to make the lighting believable and the characters react to hits as they should.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
And also, if the Switch’s 8+ year longevity plan comes to fruition we may not get a new Smash for a good long while so there’ll probably be ongoing DLC, QoL updates, etc in that time span

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Well you gotta think, does Sakurai want more Pokémon characters than Mario characters? I mean, if you count Squirtle and Ivysaur as seperate characters, like they are on the website, that's nine Pokémon characters. Is he gonna add another one and make it ten? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think ten Pokémon would be more than Mario characters (not counting DK characters, Wario and Yoshi), and with Mario being the main character of Smash Bros, I don't think he'd want more Pokémon than Mario characters
Brawl had six playable pokemon (Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, and Charizard/Ivysaur/Squirtle) while Mario only had four (Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser), and Brawl also had two more planned (Mewtwo and Plusle/Minun) while Mario just had one more planned (Dr. Mario). I'm pretty certain he wouldn't exclude a Pokemon newcomer just so Mario has the most playable characters.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
What's the point of having it when you can just check the real date it was made? Crack it once you crack 'em all. :p
I didn't mean literally, I mean leaks that bring people to the edge of their seat for a moment and hunt down dates and stuff while I sit here and think "Man, that Japanese at the bottom is kinda weirdly put, let me make a joke out of it" :p

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
inb4 i'm still gonna be stalking leaks cause why the heck not… lol i love being a hypocrite with myself when it comes to smash :troll:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Honestly, you don't even need the Smash Ult. demo. Pull the Smash 4 assets, plug them into source film maker, and insert any character you want on an already confirmed Ult. stage fighting Smash 4 characters for like 5sec. and you've got yourself a leak that people will believe, as long as you take the time to make the lighting believable and the characters react to hits as they should.
Or go the extra distance and mod in one of the "new" old stages for that little extra flair.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Heck, people can even make high quality models or even rip some and change em up a bit for it. I could literally rip Deathborn's model, go into blender and mess with it, hire somebody to make high res texutres, then go to SFM with another character model and Stage model, do some nice animation and camera work... and then let the internet views come in.

KMDP

Smash Legend
All that effort just to troll some people online.

D

Deleted member

Well, that was short-lived.
RIP 2ch leak 8/13/18 ~ 8/13/18
No one will miss you

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I know that leaker can't... But I know someone that can do it...
I'm gonna be honest and ask at the same time… is it normal that i'm actually more hyped about the hints he drops every now and then… rather than hyped the leaks people keep making everyday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom