• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Hm, I'm really curious now. If there's anyone familiar with how 2ch works, is there a way to tell when this was archieved and/or edited? It would help in finding out whether it was truly submitted in its current form back in January, or changed to fit whatever newcomers have come up.

One thing I will say is that if the list is true, then I'd be very surprised if the stage list is final. You can excuse characters like Geno sharing a Mario stage, but it'd be strange to be in a scenario where we get Banjo, Isaac/Matthew, and Lloyd Irving (and Heihachi assuming the split is not for DLC) on the roster without stages considering they not only have iconic levels to them, but are also new franchises and don't have other alternatives for them in the game.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I hope Young Link's new costumes involve the Deku, Goron, Zora and Fierce Deity mask
You mean wearing them ajar like he's at a Japanese festival or actual Deku/ Zora/ Goron Link?

Zeox

Smash Champion
I hope is fake not because I hate the list, but because I would hate if for now on we will not get surprised of any nintendo direct that shows characters.
Also, it is pretty weird, how did this person even found this post? a japanese post from January (when the new Smash wasn't even a thing) and someone just finds it after a recent direct...
Also, first Smash game without a new Pokemon rep.
It is all too weird.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
This guy? He will definitely be my "wtf?…ok i guess, totally didn't expec that" addittion.

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
image.png
Hmmm...

++Back in January before potential hints (ex: Chrom alt and Robin FS) or even official reveal
+++Got hard to predict things like "Everyone is here!" and Richter
+Has characters that have recently been teased (Isaac)

-Came out of nowhere
---Edited
--No Pokemon
-Lucky guess?

This, this could be the leak. I guess only time will tell until the next reveal, or they pull an ESRB level leak and just post the CSS.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The most interesing thing about this rumor is that it doesn't mention a Gen 7 Pokémon.

That's probably the biggest point against it, depending on your view.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I like how it's probably possible to quickly discover whether this is real by a Japanese person but we really don't know because we don't have the language skills or forum software familiarity to deduce if this is really as old as it says. There's some reason to believe it was edited but not information as per when the edit was (if it pre-dates the Ridley announcement it's still fine really), and I don't think any of us really know how easy it is to spoof nonsense like this anyway since we don't use any of these sites.
It would actually be pretty simple if someone bilingual contacted the forum's admin. I used to work as AllisBrawl's admin, and you could do all sorts of funky stuff when you had direct access to the database and knew basic SQL. It would be incredibly easy for the admin to either A) edit the post's timestamp manually for ****s and giggles, or B) tell us when it was edited and what approximately was edited.

Shroob

Sup?
So is there any way to check what it said previously?

Or may if not, check what the anons in that thread say to see if it matches what's written there now.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
You know I kinda gave up on Isaac because my heart couldn’t take the truth...but all this mumbo jumbo has stirred up dormant emotions...please be true! Also...could someone tell me how to clear my cache on an iPhone?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hm, I'm really curious now. If there's anyone familiar with how 2ch works, is there a way to tell when this was archieved and/or edited? It would help in finding out whether it was truly submitted in its current form back in January, or changed to fit whatever newcomers have come up.

One thing I will say is that if the list is true, then I'd be very surprised if the stage list is final. You can excuse characters like Geno sharing a Mario stage, but I can't see a scenario where we get Banjo, Isaac/Matthew, and Lloyd Irving (and Heihachi assuming the split is not for DLC) on the roster without stages considering they not only have iconic levels to them, but are also new franchises and don't have other alternatives for them in the game.
2channel is an older 4chan, to sum it up (I think the original founder of 2ch left and then became the current head of 4chan). It's obviously way more primitive in its design, but I didn't know you could edit posts.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Aw man, all of these leaks and I'm not seeing the characters I want anymore :sadeyes:

Shadow makes me a bit nervous since he's popular and a really easy Sonic echo, but Tails was always my OG favorite, and I'd hate for him to be stuck as nothing more impressive thatn a background element when Knuckles and Shadow both get promotions. I'd love to see both of them though.
That and Tails has been more relevant in the series itself as of Unleashed onward. Where was Shadow during the events of Unleashed, Colors or Lost World? Even Amy had more of a presence. And Tails stars in the highly acclaimed Sonic Mania/Plus.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This leak has two Golden Sun characters on it and Banjo so lest I get a heart attack, I recuse myself from speculating about it.

I would like to know how we can tell it's edited though, I'm unfamiliar with 5ch and this archival site.

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
im watching people talk about it, and it looks very fishy, dont believe unless the people smarter than me confirm. Apparently the time is not configured right, and it might be made this month really

i would NUT if this is the real roster however, my top 3 asks are there.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well, for this one I'm in camp fake, even though I like a lot of the characters.

I just think that's TOO many characters for the dev time, even with Echos taken into account.
I need hardly remind everyone that this is on top of reworking old characters and bringing back dropped veterans.

KMDP

Smash Legend
"You need to keep your voice down, you're on a stealth mission."
"So what you're saying is I need to be quiet to avoid detection?"
"Do you like the sound of your own voice or something? What is wrong with you?"
"Hey, Boys & Girls! It's Shadow Teddie's Existential Kids' Korner! The word of the day is: FUTILE! As in: 'Your futile existence has no meaning.' Chie, do you know any other words that start with F?"

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Okay then.

I wonder - how they will follow up Simon and K. Rool?
Seriously... Those were (IMO) the 2 biggest Fan Requestst (I know others like Geno are big, but not as big). Who else would get that kind of reaction?

You can already see a difference between K Rool's reaction and Ridley's. Both were huge reactions, but Ridley's spread a lot further into the internet (like yahoo news and that kind of stuff). K Rool's reaction partly got so big because of the funny fakeout.

I can't imagine who else would get that big of a reaction...

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Well, for this one I'm in camp fake, even though I like a lot of the characters.

I just think that's TOO many characters for the dev time, even with Echos taken into account.
I need hardly remind everyone that this is on top of reworking old characters and bringing back dropped veterans.
That and Magolor... He just... feels too wrong to be a newcomer... like... not in a general sense, even in the whole Kirby character or even villain mindset... he's like kind of bottom tier in my opinion... I'd feel like Necromina would fit more in. Heck, even Yin Yarn would be more justifiable. I just... don't see that coming...

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I dunno, he seems to have no problem with having 6 of them in Brawl and no problem with the ever increasing amount of Fire Emblems and multiplying Marths.
Yeah it's really hard to say. I think Chrom is gonna be the only new character from FE though, personally

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
First they make fake character select screens.

Then they make fake gameplay footage.

Now they're making fake websites?

What's next? Fake TV ads?

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Someone apparently guessed 100% correctly every reveal thus far. So...this leak could be the one. I'm gonna link it to the gamefaqs topic on it.

Warning: MAJOR SPOILERS

. https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76899877

Characters that appeared in the previous game will return as fighters King Couleur Simon Belmondo Richter Belmondo Stark Kid Gino Shisea Ridley Banjo Ink ring Mute Princess Daisy Robin Lloyd Irving Dark Sams Chrome Bandana Wadrudi

Heihachi Mishima Dixie Kong Mahoroa The prince of Saber Kingdom

Shroob

Sup?
Someone apparently guessed 100% correctly every reveal thus far. So...this leak could be the one. I'm gonna link it to the gamefaqs topic on it.

Warning: MAJOR SPOILERS

. https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76899877

Characters that appeared in the previous game will return as fighters King Couleur Simon Belmondo Richter Belmondo Stark Kid Gino Shisea Ridley Banjo Ink ring Mute Princess Daisy Robin Lloyd Irving Dark Sams Chrome Bandana Wadrudi

Heihachi Mishima Dixie Kong Mahoroa The prince of Saber Kingdom
*SNICKER*

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Seriously... Those were (IMO) the 2 biggest Fan Requestst (I know others like Geno are big, but not as big). Who else would get that kind of reaction?

You can already see a difference between K Rool's reaction and Ridley's. Both were huge reactions, but Ridley's spread a lot further into the internet (like yahoo news and that kind of stuff). K Rool's reaction partly got so big because of the funny fakeout.

I can't imagine who else would get that big of a reaction...
I'd wager Isaac would garner a bigger reaction than Simon.

I don't particularly want either one, but I've seen people clamoring for Isaac since Brawl's pre-release. Simon I've only really seen in the last few months. Castlevania is the bigger franchise, but I think Golden Sun fans are foaming at the mouth a whole lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom