• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staarih

Smash Master
I think for Wolf, it was just bad timing/luck. I’d imagine the roster built up something like:

1) Must-have’s/unique veterans+movesets (Mario, Link etc)
2) Newcomers
3) Last-minute clones (Dr. Mario, Lucina and Dark Pit who were already programmed as alts)
4) DLC after initial development (most popular (cut) veterans + newcomers)

But maybe not as straightforward of course. I bet if they’d continued DLC for veterans bar Mewtwo, Lucas and Roy, Wolf would’ve been the next one (seeing as Ice Climbers and Snake weren’t possible and Pichu and Young Link just not probable in general).

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
The thing is? Adventure Mode isn't just a bunch of fights and the same mini-game twice over either like Classic in Brawl(and Smash 4 drops the mini-game route). This is just tedious because there's almost no variety either. Adventure Mode is fine to play multiple times because it's a full out Adventure beyond pure regular battles. Both Smash 4 Classic Modes have more variety than Brawl too, but the lack of mini-games makes it feel fairly mindless.

SSE was neat in its own right too. More interesting than Adventure Mode in Melee, but also had more than one crappy stage(Melee's Adventure Mode had little issues, beyond being mostly repetitive, but it did have some unique bosses that you can fight depending upon how fast you finish some areas), and had lots of unnecessarily long areas, but also had annoyingly high gravity that caused stupid deaths. Probably the least liked part about the SSE(no, not the Maze itself, though that comes close) is the lack of most Nintendo enemies, having replacements(some of which are similar to Kirby enemies, but yeah). And I don't mean the bosses, which they actually had some variety outside of Smash OC's.
Yeah, and using different characters and their abilities to clear levels and enemies made replaying Adventure Mode in Melee really fun. Unlike Classic & All-Star Mode.

There's a lot of post Melee characters I'd like to play a Melee style adventure mode with. Like Olimar.

Last edited:

Mr. Game + Watch

Smash Apprentice
New subject: Alternate skin ideas for characters

the toon links from triforce heroes as alt skins for toon link

Fireman from G&W as an alt for :4gaw:

Plusle and minun alt for :pichumelee: if he returned

Mr. L for :4luigi:alt

That's all I can think of for now, feel free to post your ideas.

D

Deleted member

An event-mode change would be nice.
Melee's was a lot more like an "adventure" and long story kind of one.
Brawl's felt similar to Melee, but it was much shorter and easier than the Melee one.
Smash 4's did not feel like an adveneture, rather tasks thrown out to you for good prizes. It is a tie between Melee and Smash 4's.
Do you want the event mode to be like Melee, Smash 4's, a mixture or neither?

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
You know, when the Switch was announced, heck, even before it was announced with the official name there were doomsayers here swearing that it would fail due to Iwata's fault. Now the thing has sold millions within it's first year and those people are nowhere to be seen.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
You know, when the Switch was announced, heck, even before it was announced with the official name there doomsayers here swearing that it would fail due to Iwata's fault. Now the thing has sold millions within it's first years and those people are nowhere to be seen.
They're probably busy playing Odyssey or Breath of the Wild.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
All Star has this issue too and it's so damn bad. The stage doesn't always have to be the same but it's always from a pool based on who you're fighting. I don't recall how exactly Melee's worked save for the G&W horde always being at the end on Flat Zone but it felt so much better than the 'going in order' thing Brawl and Sm4sh did.
Yeah, Melee's All-Star mode was the best one for the fact that the opponents you face will always be random for every playthrough you do. Of course, Smash 3DS / Wii U did set up a way to reduce how many stages had to be played.

Let's say that there are 60 fighters (excluding the Mii Fighters). To reduce the number of stages you have to play, you'd face 10 opponents per stage (2 opponents at a time), meaning that there would be 6 stages in total. And the opponent order would always change for each playthrough, but the chosen battlefield will be based on the first fighter you have to fight against.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I played All Star Mode with a friend once. Figured it would be an easy and fast way to unlock all the character trophies. Even in hard, All Star Mode is quite easy. That friend of mine self destructed 4 times near the finish... I had control myself to avoid strangling him. In the end, I had to do it alone.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Please Camilla be a Newcomer. How requested is she? Does someone have a source of Fire Emblem requests? Out of characters that are actually promoted?

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Well i want Crash badly, i swear i've dreamed like 3 times already this month about seeing a trailer of Crash being revealed, one of my dreams even had spyro together with crash (even though i don't mind spyro that much)

Anyway, if he wishes to talk about a possible moveset for a character, i think it would be better to post it on the character's support thread. I'm sure daisy and waluigi each have one

Luminario

Smash Lord
Please Camilla be a Newcomer. How requested is she? Does someone have a source of Fire Emblem requests? Out of characters that are actually promoted?
Well she came in 4th on the female side of the Heroes poll, 7th if you put both genders together, and she's clearly the most popular Fates sibling by a large margin. Due to being a secondary character from a game that's unlikely to get any characters in the future her chances are severely low, but if they do decide to go for another out of pure popularity (which rules out less popular story important characters like Azura) then she'd likely be the one to get picked, along with a very welcome redesign to make her outfit less... like that.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Well she came in 4th on the female side of the Heroes poll, 7th if you put both genders together, and she's clearly the most popular Fates sibling by a large margin. Due to being a secondary character from a game that's unlikely to get any characters in the future her chances are severely low, but if they do decide to go for another out of pure popularity (which rules out less popular story important characters like Azura) then she'd likely be the one to get picked, along with a very welcome redesign to make her outfit less... like that.
I think the next game is going to port the roster from the previous one, so if that were the case, it's possible we could get more than one newcomer for Fire Emblem and Pokemon. Possibly Camilla and Decidueye as well as newcomers from the upcoming Switch installments.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'll have to look into that. As far as I'm aware, the only comment Sakurai has made regarding relevancy was something like, "Characters from a franchise with no future are rarely chosen," but that was said in response to a question about choosing newcomers, not choosing character cuts.
Star Fox was kind of dead at the time, to be fair. One game being made is great, but the delays are major enough that, if I remember right, there was no SFZ content in Smash 4. It's quite possible information wasn't given to Sakurai about the game, so he might not have known Wolf was coming back. IMO, this theory feels unlikely, but it's not like Sakurai is given leaked information about the development of every game during Smash. The extreme delays on SFZ may also be why he didn't want any content in, because overall, a good reason for content is for promotional purposes. Hence the latest gen's various Pokeball Pokemon and Trophies. Not all of it, obviously, but some series are like that.

And doesn't that reasoning between Wolf and Ike seem a little forced to you? "We can't add Wolf back because his latest appearance was as a major antagonist in a 2011 remake, but Ike is fine because he showed up as one of the many DLC characters, who had no impact on the main story, in a 2012 new game?
Ike has a consistent future in games via DLC. Wolf is up in the air, due to Star Fox being up in the air. That's the key difference. It's not just a story thing. Remakes don't always count either.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
If we get a new FE character it won't be Camilla. It'll either be Lyn (most popular character not playable in Smash) or the next main Lord provided they can fight differently. And that's assuming they get around the "too many characters" thing that Sakurai mentioned with Corrin.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Star Fox was kind of dead at the time, to be fair. One game being made is great, but the delays are major enough that, if I remember right, there was no SFZ content in Smash 4. It's quite possible information wasn't given to Sakurai about the game, so he might not have known Wolf was coming back. IMO, this theory feels unlikely, but it's not like Sakurai is given leaked information about the development of every game during Smash. The extreme delays on SFZ may also be why he didn't want any content in, because overall, a good reason for content is for promotional purposes. Hence the latest gen's various Pokeball Pokemon and Trophies. Not all of it, obviously, but some series are like that.

Ike has a consistent future in games via DLC. Wolf is up in the air, due to Star Fox being up in the air. That's the key difference. It's not just a story thing. Remakes don't always count either.
Bottom line, Star Fox isn't a big series, and even less at the time, so that alone is justification enough for not prioritizing Wolf over the other characters present in the game.

Not really much more to it.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
User was warned for this post
I think the next game is going to port the roster from the previous one, so if that were the case, it's possible we could get more than one newcomer for Fire Emblem and Pokemon. Possibly Camilla and Decidueye as well as newcomers from the upcoming Switch installments.
Yay /s

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I think Sakurai didn't feel obligated to do much with Zero after spending so much time on the Orbital Gate stage (if I remember correctly, that stage took the longest to create). Adding a few trophies would have been nice, but I guess Sakurai wanted to avoid that too since he had no plans to bring back Wolf in the DLC.

A consistent future in FE DLC that may or may not happen? The roster was decided in the first half of 2012. Fire Emblem Awakening was released in Japan in April, 2012. How was Sakurai supposed to know Awakening would even sell well enough in America and Europe to warrant a sequel? Even if remakes don't count (And I can't think of a reason why they shouldn't, since the character is getting more recognition regardless) Wolf had appeared more often than Ike in a series that, at the time, had a better track record with sales than FE.

Bottom line, Star Fox isn't a big series, and even less at the time, so that alone is justification enough for not prioritizing Wolf over the other characters present in the game.

Not really much more to it.
Star Fox 64 sold over 4 million copies, and the original sold over 3 million copies. The series isn't doing nearly as well anymore, but you're greatly undermining its success. How many FE games sold over 3 million copies?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think Sakurai didn't feel obligated to do much with Zero after spending so much time on the Orbital Gate stage (if I remember correctly, that stage took the longest to create). Adding a few trophies would have been nice, but I guess Sakurai wanted to avoid that too since he had no plans to bring back Wolf in the DLC.
Well, when the game isn't coming out any time near when Smash 4 does, nor when the DLC is, why would he want content or Wolf from the game? There's nothing to suggest he knew Wolf would happen.

A consistent future in FE DLC that may or may not happen? The roster was decided in the first half of 2012. Fire Emblem Awakening was released in Japan in April, 2012. How was Sakurai supposed to know Awakening would even sell well enough in America and Europe to warrant a sequel? Even if remakes don't count (And I can't think of a reason why they shouldn't, since the character is getting more recognition regardless) Wolf had appeared more often than Ike in a series that, at the time, had a better track record with sales than FE.
...Then I'm not sure why you brought up Ike as DLC if your premise was impossible. Seems like the comparison makes no sense then.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
The only problem with Melee's Adventure Mode is the requirement of having to play it with every fighter in the game if you want all the fighter trophies. It gets very repetitive, especially since the stage order never changes.
I've long thought about this, and there's a simple solution to this issue. The melee adventure mode can come back with a new gimmick of the stages being selected in a random order. The final stage is the only exception and would always be a battle at final destination against Giga Bowser / Master and Crazy Hand. A wide variety of stages based on different franchises could exist, but you only play a certain amount of them during each playthrough in a randomly selected order. Some examples I thought of are a Sonic themed race to the finish or a Star Fox level where you have to destroy the missiles in orbital gate assault.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
...I'm not sure why you brought up Ike as DLC if your premise was impossible. Seems like the comparison makes no sense then.
It's my mistake for bringing DLC up in the first place. I had forgot the Japanese release date for Awakening and used the NA one instead. Still, my argument stands. Star Fox 64 3DS was released in 2011. FE Awakening was released in 2012. Sakurai created the final roster in the second half of 2012, before FE Awakening's DLC was announced. With all that in mind, what did Ike have going for him that Wolf didn't?

Last edited:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Well, when the game isn't coming out any time near when Smash 4 does, nor when the DLC is, why would he want content or Wolf from the game? There's nothing to suggest he knew Wolf would happen.
Anytime near? Star Fox Zero came out two months after Fates and the final smash DLC. Two months isn't that huge of a gap in time.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've long thought about this, and there's a simple solution to this issue. The melee adventure mode can come back with a new gimmick of the stages being selected in a random order. The final stage is the only exception and would always be a battle at final destination against Giga Bowser / Master and Crazy Hand. A wide variety of stages based on different franchises could exist, but you only play a certain amount of them during each playthrough in a randomly selected order. Some examples I thought of are a Sonic themed race to the finish or a Star Fox level where you have to destroy the missiles in orbital gate assault.
All that I know is that ever since Giga Bowser transitioned over to being Bowser's Final Smash, he pretty much lost the true final boss touch that he had in Melee. Unless there's a way to remove Giga Bowser's knockback immunity, he probably won't be getting back his boss status.

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Doesn't it ever feel weird to talk about a person you've never met before like this? On a daily basis?

Star Fox 64 sold over 4 million copies, and the original sold over 3 million copies. The series isn't doing nearly as well anymore, but you're greatly undermining its success. How many FE games sold over 3 million copies?
I didn't say it wasn't successful. In fact, I never mentioned Star Fox 64.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
But keep in mind that Fates was already out in Japan by the summer of 2015. I'm sure that had a lot to do with Corrin's inclusion besides the promotional reasons.
Dragoncharystary Dragoncharystary
Exactly this. Star Fox Zero wasn't coming out close enough to DLC time.

It's my mistake for bringing DLC up in the first place. I had forgot the Japanese release date for Awakening and used the NA one instead. Still, my argument stands. Star Fox 64 3DS was released in 2011. FE Awakening was released in 2012. Sakurai created the final roster in the second half of 2012, before FE Awakening's DLC was announced. With all that in mind, what did Ike have going for him that Wolf didn't?
Well, worldwide popularity and starring in two games help a lot. Wolf isn't super popular in the world to the same degree. Ike also wasn't a last-minute addition and is the hero of his own story, so he's a more important character by far. Star Fox having a remake isn't nearly as big as Fire Emblem having multiple new games, so SF being viewed as a less important series does make sense(it's not a small series, of course, and it's still big, just not a huge one like Fire Emblem is at this point).

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Dragoncharystary Dragoncharystary
Exactly this. Star Fox Zero wasn't coming out close enough to DLC time.

Well, worldwide popularity and starring in two games help a lot. Wolf isn't super popular in the world to the same degree. Ike also wasn't a last-minute addition and is the hero of his own story, so he's a more important character by far. Star Fox having a remake isn't nearly as big as Fire Emblem having multiple new games, so SF being viewed as a less important series does make sense(it's not a small series, of course, and it's still big, just not a huge one like Fire Emblem is at this point).
Some games have more successful classics and historical criteria like Metroid or Star Fox and some games are more popular and prominent here in the present, like Fire Emblem. So there's both you have to take into consideration and sometimes one outweighs the other depending on the situation.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Some games have more successful classics and historical criteria like Metroid or Star Fox and some games are more popular and prominent here in the present, like Fire Emblem. So there's both you have to take into consideration and sometimes one outweighs the other depending on the situation.
It probably had to do with the fact one was consistently getting games(new ones especially) while the other was currently dormant with no major games coming out, and a remake isn't a major game at this point, not enough to justify a character alone(especially one that barely made it in Brawl and was clearly not a majorly important one to matter in the context of Smash options. Sakurai only made him because he couldn't make Krystal easily. This implies he wasn't even the first pick among the leftover SF options). Not necessarily "how big a series is" so much as the relevancy factor overall. Unless by big we mean amount of games, then yes, I agree. But as you said, there's a lot to take into consideration.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
It probably had to do with the fact one was consistently getting games(new ones especially) while the other was currently dormant with no major games coming out, and a remake isn't a major game at this point, not enough to justify a character alone(especially one that barely made it in Brawl and was clearly not a majorly important one to matter in the context of Smash options. Sakurai only made him because he couldn't make Krystal easily. This implies he wasn't even the first pick among the leftover SF options). Not necessarily "how big a series is" so much as the relevancy factor overall. Unless by big we mean amount of games, then yes, I agree. But as you said, there's a lot to take into consideration.
I take issue with the word "only. Wolf was a highly requested character and all we were ever told about Krystal was that she was "considered". Actually he didn't even say that she was considered at all. In an interview where he was badgered by the host about Krystal:

Sakurai: Wolf was a character that barely made it in due to time constraints. He was added because there was high demand for his inclusion on places like "Smash Bros. Dojo!!", and he's a popular character. Of course, if he didn't have that backing him, I don't think I could have put him in. Among the characters with high popularity, I chose one who had a high possibility of becoming realized in the game, and as a result you could say Wolf was created.

Host: Does that mean even if you wanted to add more female characters, Krystal didn't have a realistic chance of being physically implemented into the game?

Sakurai: For Krystal, we didn't have any of the technical modeling knowledge that we had cultivated with Fox and Falco, so it was like making a brand-new character from scratch. And because of the limited amount of time we had, creating Krystal wasn't realistically possible. On that point, with Wolf we already have some knowledge of how to model his character, and would require about 70% of the effort required to create a whole new character.

Host: I see. But we did get a lot of questions like, "Why wasn't Krystal a playable character?"

Sakurai: It's not that I don't understand how that feels, but if you start saying that, it becomes "Why isn't Waddle Dee playable?" or Dry Bones, or Baby Peach. There'd be no end to it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

One thing that defines Smash speculation and as such make the pre-Smash hype scene unique is the "character advocacy" for potential characters. Brawl is the best example of this with character advocacy happening in characters like:
  • Third-parties
  • Wolf vs. Krystal
  • New Pokemon characters
  • Fire Emblem characters in general
  • Ridley
Smash 4 also had a lot of character advocacy for characters like Mewtwo, Mega Man, King K. Rool (and to a lesser extent Dixie Kong), Ridley, and Fire Emblem characters although not on the same scale. Needless to say, character advocacy results in a lot of unintentionally hilarious drama that can be either funny or cringe-worthy to look at (more like a mix of both). Plus the ballot inspired a lot of character advocacy in a scale not seen since the pre-Brawl speculation period.

But what about Smash 5? This time, there may not much, if any notable character advocacy for potential characters. Part of this has to do with there being so few massive fan bases left for characters in Smash. Inklings and K. Rool are the only ones that comes to mind among the Smash speculation community but most see the former as guaranteed and most doubt K. Rool's inclusion due to not showing up in nearly a decade. Sure there might be debates regarding the next Pokemon, DK, Fire Emblem, and Zelda newcomers but two of them are still a big if and the other two aren't likely to receive as much support as Mewtwo and Lucario did. I expect that most of the investment into future characters will take place in veterans especially with several cuts being likely even in a mostly unchanged sequel. But there probably won't be a big character "war", resulting in a more peaceful speculation scene.

It could also be that character advocacy may be more prominent outside forums like here and GameFAQs. We are living in an age where forums are slowly becoming irrelevent as social media becomes the preferred choice of communicating on the Internet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I take issue with the word "only. Wolf was a highly requested character and all we were ever told about Krystal was that she was "considered". Actually he didn't even say that she was considered at all. In an interview where he was badgered by the host about Krystal:

Sakurai: Wolf was a character that barely made it in due to time constraints. He was added because there was high demand for his inclusion on places like "Smash Bros. Dojo!!", and he's a popular character. Of course, if he didn't have that backing him, I don't think I could have put him in. Among the characters with high popularity, I chose one who had a high possibility of becoming realized in the game, and as a result you could say Wolf was created.

Host: Does that mean even if you wanted to add more female characters, Krystal didn't have a realistic chance of being physically implemented into the game?

Sakurai: For Krystal, we didn't have any of the technical modeling knowledge that we had cultivated with Fox and Falco, so it was like making a brand-new character from scratch. And because of the limited amount of time we had, creating Krystal wasn't realistically possible. On that point, with Wolf we already have some knowledge of how to model his character, and would require about 70% of the effort required to create a whole new character.

Host: I see. But we did get a lot of questions like, "Why wasn't Krystal a playable character?"

Sakurai: It's not that I don't understand how that feels, but if you start saying that, it becomes "Why isn't Waddle Dee playable?" or Dry Bones, or Baby Peach. There'd be no end to it.
Wow, I remembered that interview sooooooo wrong. :facepalm:

Mind you, it didn't change what I said about Wolf's popularity. It's region-specific. I forget if it was the West that hated Wolf but liked Krystal of if it was the East. The West had the opposite effect.

D

Deleted member

Mind you, it didn't change what I said about Wolf's popularity. It's region-specific. I forget if it was the West that hated Wolf but liked Krystal of if it was the East. The West had the opposite effect.
Not really. Wolf was far more liked in Japan than Krystal was pre-Brawl at least according to ChronoBound's word. Admittely this is to be taken with a grain of salt.

D

Deleted member

If we get a new FE character it won't be Camilla. It'll either be Lyn (most popular character not playable in Smash) or the next main Lord provided they can fight differently. And that's assuming they get around the "too many characters" thing that Sakurai mentioned with Corrin.

Honestly, Lyn being the highest voted female on the Choose Your Legends doesn't mean anything whatsoever for Smash. Literally all it affected was who got the special "Brave" variants for the Heroes.

It especially doesn't mean anything with how there's a new CYL going on, which will automatically have four new characters take the spotlight. And ironically, Camilla is highly likely to be among those four.

And heck, if we go by the numbers as opposed to the Top 2 for each gender from the first CYL...
1. Ike (51555; 33871 + 17684)
2. Lyn (49917)
3. Lucina (48295; 42875 + 5420)
4. Tharja (29540)
5. Roy (28982)
6. Hector (27372; 26557 + 815)
7. Corrin (27290; 19599 + 7691)
8. Camilla (25766)
9. Marth (24547; 15877 + 8670)
10. Robin (24536; 14149 + 10387)

Runner-up/Will get his chance another day: Chrom (23803)

Of the true top 10 when factoring in splits for different versions of characters, Lyn's not the only one we're missing. We're also missing Tharja, Hector, and Camilla, who had more votes than Marth and Robin.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Honestly, Lyn being the highest voted female on the Choose Your Legends doesn't mean anything whatsoever for Smash. Literally all it affected was who got the special "Brave" variants for the Heroes.

It especially doesn't mean anything with how there's a new CYL going on, which will automatically have four new characters take the spotlight. And ironically, Camilla is highly likely to be among those four.
By that logic, Reinhardt, Nino, Hector and any of the ridiculous meta units have more chance than Camilla :p

Luminario

Smash Lord
Well if we're talking popularity here, Mimikyu flies rings around Decidueye, but as others have said Camilla faces a whole lotta problems besides that: the competition from inside her series and out, her supporting character status, and her wyvern rider base concept all throw obstacles in her path. Like I said the only reason they'd have to add her is if they wanted to add the most popular sibling regardless of story importance.

With all that in mind, what did Ike have going for him that Wolf didn't?
Besides the fact that Ike's unique and Wolf is a semi-clone, Sakurai likes FE more? With all the playable characters it got the simplest conclusion is... he just really likes Fire Emblem. There were multiple chances to add Wolf back in: as the missing brawl vet instead of Lucas from the very dead Mother series, by not limiting himself to missing Melee vets (who were Roy, YLink and Pichu; which kinda feels pretty rigged towards Roy there), or by adding him in place of Corrin (Corrin is unique though so that's understandable), so maybe he just doesn't really like Wolf as well.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

I actually misremembered it too. That's why I said she was considered and then quickly corrected myself when I went to pull the quote, because further reading this, he never actually said she was planned in anyway.

But, surely everyone is considered to SOME extent.

D

Deleted member

An event-mode change would be nice.
Melee's was a lot more like an "adventure" and long story kind of one.
Brawl's felt similar to Melee, but it was much shorter and easier than the Melee one.
Smash 4's did not feel like an adveneture, rather tasks thrown out to you for good prizes. It is a tie between Melee and Smash 4's.
Do you want the event mode to be like Melee, Smash 4's, a mixture or neither?
That is an easy question, honey. I am going to have to say make it more like Smash 4's event mode. Unlike Melee, one can control the difficulty to some degree and some of those events like Mewtwo Strikes, Trophy Tussle 3, and Pikachu and Pichu really got on my goddamn nerves. That said, I care not for those rewards since I was grinding for all the custom specials. The rewards I did receive I just sold them for gold. You see, I am pretty close to clearing the challenge where you have to amass 300,000 G.

Sayonara :kirby:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom