• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Surely anyone who has played Majora's Mask would prefer this beast over some silly Moon:
I mean, the final boss and representation of Majora makes more sense, right?
That's the one problem I have with Skull Kid. Is he gonna transform into it, summon it, or the mask itself gonna do some wacky ****?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I honestly thought that it was Skull Kid that killed him.

To be fair he did get very quiet after he posted about him. Not to mention the fact that he said that Skull Kid was added to promote something for Nintendo, when there is nothing new in sight for LOZ, Majora’s Misk or otherwise in the near future is what made assume THAT was fake information.

Unless, they make a Majora Mask remake that they plan to reveal and release soon for the Switch, but we have no confirmation right now since BOTW was fairly recent and took a lot of dev work.
Speaking, it's been quite a while since we got any Zelda news. Can't imagine the Zelda Team not being busy with anything.

Regardless, I still say Impa is a frontrunner in the department of Zelda newcomers.

Gumzilla

Smash Journeyman
So with Rathalos and a MH stage comin' to the game I won't be surprised if a Monster Hunter or Prowler is the next character.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Ryu has no competition at Tecmo. The entirety of Sonic the Hedgehog does what Luigi did to Mario in Melee Adventure mode back at Shinobi.

also ryu is an NES boi
I'm not sure if someone else has said this, but I'm gonna forget to comment if I don't do now.

Fatal Frame. Nintendo already co-owns rights, it's definitely cheaper for them, probably less of a legal hassle, and it's already had some Smash presence

Wambo

Smash Ace
I was just rewatching the Smash Direct and I felt the need to make a meme out of something:
momsaiditsmyturnonthexbox.png

"mom said it's my turn on the xbox"

Shroob

Sup?

Imagine if KRool was around during Brawl days.

100 bucks says someone would have made a Machinima between him and DK with this song.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
That's the one problem I have with Skull Kid. Is he gonna transform into it, summon it, or the mask itself gonna do some wacky ****?
I think the mask will float off his face while Skull Kid 'sits' lazily in midair watching the Incarnation run wild. It'll then float back onto his face.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
K.Rool's run animation in the trailer is majestic. Not sure how I feel about it being his run animation in the game itself, but it's cool. It was always a bit incongruous how anthropomorphized K.Rool was.
now that i see it good.. i love that run animation!.. dude use his golden belly as a sleigh!
I always wondered what the hell is up to its folden belly, like if he put a solid coat of gold as a way to use it as an armor? sems like is being important in various parts of his moveset.
Why is it weird how anthropomorphized K. Rool is? He's always been that way
Well.. he used to have a tail, you know.. like other crocs....
"Summon" the mask and cinematic stuff.. transformation FS are out for good (Thankfully)

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
Huh, I was looking at information about Simon and Richter, and TIL, Richter and Robin have the same voice actor.

I'm adding a new versus name to my list.

:ultrobin vs Richter = Super David Vincent Bros.
Hm. Maybe that's why they both get me so hot-and-bothered
Why would it be bait?
I mean, maybe the Assist-to-Character isn't Isabelle. It could be Devil or something.
Dark Samus is an Assist-to-Character

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Maybe when he activates his final smash his mask flies off of his face to hit his opponents, then it transitions to a cutscene where Majora's Wrath beats everyone up.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I think the mask will float off his face while Skull Kid 'sits' lazily in midair watching the Incarnation run wild. It'll then float back onto his face.
Nah, Skull Kid was controlled BY the mask.

If anything the mask will do all the work and when it's done it'll reattach it self with the tentacles back onto an unconcious skull kid lying on the ground.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
also.. regarding Skull Kid FS.. if they want to keep Majora's wrath secret... make he transfor ppl into deku scrubs and then dispatch them.... he certainly have options.

Regarding moveset, maybe he can make use of some masks?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
also.. regarding Skull Kid FS.. if they want to keep Majora's wrath secret... make he transfor ppl into deku scrubs and then dispatch them.... he certainly have options.

Regarding moveset, maybe he can make use of some masks?
You know what'd be cool is he had moves based on the boss masks

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I would want a "Ex-AT party" for a reveal
Shadow, Skull Kid, Isaac all together, then at the end they will show they together with Lil Mac and Dark Samus kicking Waluigi butt

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Man, Impa as a Sheik clone (maybe even with some original moves) and Skull Kid as a newcomer are looking more and more likely (especially Skull Kid between the leak and the Moon AT).

I don’t wanna get overly hyped like I did with Ashley, but just the idea that we might actually get a Zelda newcomer that isn’t a variant of the big 3 is so exciting.

I really do think the Mii Costumes were there to hold us over until those characters arrived in Smash 5

Gumzilla

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if they'll add a new Pokemon newcomer. We've got one each game but there isn't anything suggesting it this time around.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if they'll add a new Pokemon newcomer. We've got one each game but there isn't anything suggesting it this time around.
Pokemon could go either way at this point, but the fact that pokemon is getting three characters back makes me think it wont get a newcomer, I do think dlc will be kind twords pokemon with a possible gen 8 pokemon.

Last edited:

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
It’s cool that we talk about Skull Kid and Impa but does anyone think we might end up with Hilda? The mirror world Princess from A Link Between Worlds.

I was thinking she would end up being an Echo but! She doesn’t have to be since she could use her magic staff like a wizard.

Noipoi

Howdy!
There's no rule stating we have to get one each game, but I hope we do. Gen 7 was full of interesting Pokemon and it'd be a shame if one of them wasn't playable. And yes there's nothing suggesting we'll get a Pokemon newcomer, but there's nothing suggesting we won't either. It's still up in the air.
I think we will though, Gen 7 has too much potential for it to go unused in my opinion.

Last edited:

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Abitrary number, counting all Newcomers and Echo Fighters, we'll get 87 characters (84 if you don't include Mii Fighters).

That way you can always have everyone take part in a 2-Player, 3-Player and 4-Player Smash Down without having to repeat characters (Mii Fighters are likely ineligible for Smash Down, they don't appear in the example roster).
87!!! Wow... you do have a point about the Smash Down so that could end up being like that. I have to wonder by the next Smash game will have 100 characters O.O

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Judging by these "supporter comments:"
As a person incapable of change, I wholly support regressing back into the comfort zone I have honed by spending my free time playing one particular game to the point of complete exhaustion. Can you also create a petition for EVO to mandate that Third Strike MUST be at every EVO or else the entire community will throw a hissy-fit? Thanks.
I am as unable to enjoy new things as I am unable to properly bathe myself, so I am all for this change. In fact, go a step further and remove everything from the game except the 5 characters you see in tournaments and Final Destination.
I'm getting so sick and tired of all these Fire Emblem Characters. Melee had it right when there was just Red Marth, and Blue Marth. Now, there's a Bara Marth, Girl Marth, Marth Magician, Marth Magician Girl Cringy fanfic Marth, and now they just announced that their adding ANOTHER Marth to the game.

We need to go back to simpler times, where Marth is just Marth.
I think it's a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom