• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
I'm curious to how Skull Kid would work in the eyes of papa sakurai. Becuase cmon, were you guys really expecting K. Rool of all people to have a counter?
Well the first thing I expect him to do is levitate in place just like Dark Samus does.

As for a moveset, this might give some ideas:
Could incorporate the faires and also use dark magic blasts. Basically anything here is fair game besides the moon.

Last edited:

Wambo

Smash Ace
Hmm, so maybe it wasn't Skull Kid that got him ratted out then, and maybe Skull Kid actually IS coming to the game?

I'm sorry, I just want Skull Kid.
I don't blame you. Majora's Mask has an iconic design, I'd love to see his art on the character scroll, and I'd love to have both villains for Young Link in the game.
Seriously though, I think the fact that the Moon is just an AT now when we literally just had an easily transferrable Skull Kid AT last game is pretty fishy. When/if Geno gets in, Skull Kid has my full support.

Shroob

Sup?
My biggest reserve for Skull Kid is that the Moon would be the perfect Final Smash for him.

The whole "Transforms into Majora" just seems weird.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Why couldn't Skull Kid still have the Moon as his Final Smash?

Is there a rule explicitly stating that it can't happen?

Wambo

Smash Ace
My biggest reserve for Skull Kid is that the Moon would be the perfect Final Smash for him.

To be fair, there seems to be a lot of hints that even though something is one thing, it can still be another.

> The Moon is in the background of Great Bay
> The Moon is an AT
> The Moon is in Skull Kid's Final Smash
> The Moon is beautiful tonight. Look outside.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
I don't blame you. Majora's Mask has an iconic design, I'd love to see his art on the character scroll, and I'd love to have both villains for Young Link in the game.
Seriously though, I think the fact that the Moon is just an AT now when we literally just had an easily transferrable Skull Kid AT last game is pretty fishy. When/if Geno gets in, Skull Kid has my full support.
I've said this before and I'll say it again, Geno and Skull Kid would be absolutely perfect for a dual reveal trailer. I'm currently working on an idea for their reveal trailer which involves Young Link being led through the Lost Woods by Geno where they are attacked by Skull Kid. Once I finish it I'll post it in both the Geno and Skull kid threads.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Maybe. I just hope his counter isn't as ridonkulous as Corrin's.
Hakf of the K.Rool fans after final Smash direct: "K.Rool have endless moveset potential, he wouldn't share a single move with anyone, unlike those dime a dozen sword fighters."
Yeah... about that...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I mean, that is what he does. But the Moon would be more exciting. I'm assuming that the Majora FS would work like Masked Dedede or the new version of Wario Man.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Why couldn't Skull Kid still have the Moon as his Final Smash?

Is there a rule explicitly stating that it can't happen?
If Rathalos can be both a boss and an assist trophy then I don't see why the Moon can't be in Skull Kid's Final Smash.

Yeah, and then there's Rikki.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
To be fair, there seems to be a lot of hints that even though something is one thing, it can still be another.

> The Moon is an AT
I looked outside and I don't see the moon. Not even joking, I don't see it.
did you rob the moon you madman

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord

Well, technically the Mask IS the fighter since it's controlling him. It wouldn't be too weird imo if the Mask comes off of him for the FS and transforms into Majora's Wrath, wips the heck out of everyone, and then becomes the Mask again and goes back onto Skull Kid's face.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Is there a good comprehensive post about all this stuff regarding the leaks? I'm still kinda confused as to what is going on.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I don't have an opinion on Skull Kid himself, but Majora's Mask is one of the best designed objects in gaming.
I wouldn't mind his inclusion at all, just for that mask.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I gotta admit, I'm more happy about K. Rool being added, but Simon's trailer was more hype for me.

I figured out who both were within the first like, six seconds of each trailer, but still.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Skull Kid, being Majora's Mask based obviously, would add another game to be represented by the Zelda cast.

Link is rocking BotW, while Zelda is covering LttP/ALBW. Ganondorf, Young Link and Sheik are all showing off OoT and Toon Link has all three of his games covered. With Majora's Mask covered, that really would only leave Skyward Sword and TP for console Zelda games left.

We've also got the Mii Costume DLC theory that covers him too.

idk I know the leaks are weird right now but I still think he's pretty likely now.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I do have to admit Skull Kid and Geno would be intriguing in that basically everybody that was a huge want back in the Brawl speculation days would of finally made it. After Ridley, K. Rool, Skull Kid, and Geno. Was there really anyone else that isn't already in the game that had at least a strong cult following back in the day?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Jesus, that run still don't look right to me. I'll never get used to it, it's like Bowser's old run from Melee/Brawl.

Skull Kid, being Majora's Mask based obviously, would add another game to be represented by the Zelda cast.

Link is rocking BotW, while Zelda is covering LttP/ALBW. Ganondorf, Young Link and Sheik are all showing off OoT and Toon Link has all three of his games covered. With Majora's Mask covered, that really would only leave Skyward Sword and TP for console Zelda games left.

We've also got the Mii Costume DLC theory that covers him too.

idk I know the leaks are weird right now but I still think he's pretty likely now.
Young Link reps both Ocarina and Majora's Mask, because he only gets the bow in MM.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

> The Moon is an AT
> The Moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie that's Amoreee~

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Aaaaaaand that's what killed him.

A dead giveaway like "cutscene scripts," about "Heroes vs. Villains" not relating to story mode is easily traceable within the company. This isn't footage of the trailer, but a script of the events made before production. His source likely got smoked out due to the fact that he couldn't keep his mouth shut.

>loz18 right now
I honestly thought that it was Skull Kid that killed him.

To be fair he did get very quiet after he posted about him. Not to mention the fact that he said that Skull Kid was added to promote something for Nintendo, when there is nothing new in sight for LOZ, Majora’s Misk or otherwise in the near future is what made assume THAT was fake information.

Unless, they make a Majora Mask remake that they plan to reveal and release soon for the Switch, but we have no confirmation right now since BOTW was fairly recent and took a lot of dev work.

Last edited:

Wambo

Smash Ace
I looked outside and I don't see the moon. Not even joking, I don't see it.
did you rob the moon you madman
It's a reference to a creepy Reddit writing prompt. I suggest looking it up if you're the kind of person who gets disturbed easily likes spoopy stuff.
It wouldn't be too weird imo if the Mask comes off of him for the FS and transforms into Majora's Wrath, wips the heck out of everyone, and then becomes the Mask again and goes back onto Skull Kid's face.
I really wanna see this now, just so we can get the five frames where Skull Kid is actually himself and Majora traumatized the **** out of him.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Jesus, that run still don't look right to me. I'll never get used to it, it's like Bowser's old run from Melee/Brawl.

Young Link reps both Ocarina and Majora's Mask, because he only gets the bow in MM.
I'm guessing they did that because, unlike Bowser, K.Rool's legs are extra stubby. So maybe a run animation for him is kind of hard to look right.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Hakf of the K.Rool fans after final Smash direct: "K.Rool have endless moveset potential, he wouldn't share a single move with anyone, unlike those dime a dozen sword fighters."
Yeah... about that...
Every Smash game (except 64) there's a non-Fire Emblem newcomer that has a counter.

EVERY game.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm going to guess Skull Kid is not in the game and that was bait.

But willing to be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

K.Rool's run animation in the trailer is majestic. Not sure how I feel about it being his run animation in the game itself, but it's cool. It was always a bit incongruous how anthropomorphized K.Rool was.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm going to guess Skull Kid is not in the game and that was bait.

But willing to be pleasantly surprised.
Why would it be bait?
1530667157561.png
There's no reason for it to be so, as such there is no reason for why they didn't show the remaining missing Assists while also deconfirming Ashley in a ****ing brutal way by not even mentioning her existence in the Direct nor on the website. Of course there is reason to be skeptical. I mean, maybe the Assist-to-Character isn't Isabelle. It could be Devil or something.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bowser actually uses his legs in that game.
I was totally mistaken. I don't even know why I thought that.

I don't think he has a run animation in Mario RPG.

I swear it's a reference to something though.

Why would it be bait?
View attachment 156817
There's no reason for it to be so, as such there is no reason for why they didn't show the remaining missing Assists while also deconfirming Ashley in a ****ing brutal way by not even mentioning her existence in the Direct nor on the website. Of course there is reason to be skeptical. I mean, maybe the Assist-to-Character isn't Isabelle. It could be Devil or something.
Like people were saying, putting out false information to try and catch leakers

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Why would it be bait?
View attachment 156817
Man, Melee Marth had a pretty big hand

Is that why his grab was so stupidly long?

K.Rool's run animation in the trailer is majestic. Not sure how I feel about it being his run animation in the game itself, but it's cool. It was always a bit incongruous how anthropomorphized K.Rool was.
I agree. I think it's a little weird, but I feel like it fits him since he's being portrayed as a "rival" of DK, so his run animation seems to "rival" DK's or something like that.

Or maybe I'm just looking in to it too much.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Surely anyone who has played Majora's Mask would prefer this beast over some silly Moon:
SmartSelect_20180810-150554_Chrome.jpg
I mean, the final boss and representation of Majora makes more sense, right?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Why is it weird how anthropomorphized K. Rool is? He's always been that way
He's saying how far removed he is from being an animal in his behavior.

DK basically acts like a gorilla, but Dedede doesn't act much like a bird. That sort of stuff. While K.Rool, depending on the game, either talks a lot, or can act like a straight up monster. Which is what his running animation does.

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
K.Rool just running was an attack in his first game so maybe they though it'd be too strong to have him run normally

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Why is it weird how anthropomorphized K. Rool is? He's always been that way
All the animals in the DKC series are pretty normal-ish on the anthro scale, though some of the Kongs start to push it. But then K.Rool (and all the other Kremlings) are bipedal Crocodiles wearing clothes who never even do anything Crocodilian. I enjoy seeing this more animalistic side to K.Rool. He's not just a Blofield parody who happens to be a Crocodile anymore, now he lets the predator come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom