• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
There's a question for everyone we are not talking about

Since monster hunter is being presented

Wouldn't that mean monster hunter from monster hunter is extremely possible now?

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
So the stages that are not in Ultimate are
Planet Zebes
Sector Z
Mute City (Melee)
Icicle Mountain
Poke Floats
Flat Zone
Rumble Falls
Flat Zone 2
PictoChat (Brawl)
Rainbow Road
Pac-Maze
Woolly World
Jungle Hijinxs
Pyrosphere
Orbitial Gate Assault
And Miiverse

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I can't wait for the Fire Emblem game where the Fire Emblem is a blue haired swordsman named "Fire Emblem."
That's what I was thinking for the longest time.

We getting Xenoblade 2 in this house.
When is the Falchion gonna manifest as a giant-titted scantily clad teenage girl, IS? We know you're not above this.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
So the stages that are not in Ultimate are
Planet Zebes
Sector Z
Mute City (Melee)
Icicle Mountain
Poke Floats
Flat Zone
Rumble Falls
Flat Zone 2
PictoChat (Brawl)
Rainbow Road
Pac-Maze
Woolly World
Jungle Hijinxs
Pyrosphere
Orbitial Gate Assault
And Miiverse
That sucks I wonder why they took some of them out not like they're awful stages

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm really confused about how Echoes work now. Because if Chrom is a Roy echo, but he has Ike's aether, why is Dr. Mario not an echo? Like YL and TL are so different from the main Link that they're on their playing field, but Dr. Mario doesn't have an excuse.
Okay, here's my final theory, my ultimate echo theory, may YHVH strike me down Himself.

Echoes have the same physical stats.
They may have altered move properties and/or different special moves altogether.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Lo and behold, here's an updated version! See the quoted post for initial addendums.
View attachment 156464
changes:
- Fiora has a cleaner looking icon
- finally have a proper Mythra/Addam duo icon
- Isaac added to the row of unique newcomers (+ Richter) from Inkling onwards
- new DLC season 4 ("Mirror Images"): Black Shadow (Captain Falcon echo), Celica (Robin echo), Malos (Shulk echo), Zack Fair (Cloud echo; Square Enix rep 3)

Should be my last dream roster, and as a note, Lip, the last character in the "Girl Power" DLC season can be swapped out for any other female character you'd think is more likely, as don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind Lip, and I think she was originally considered for Smash 64 (correct me if I'm wrong) but her fanbase is mostly in Japan and Lip has been removed from localizations of Panel de Pon (renamed to Puzzle League in the west) so...

lmk what you guys think! also tagging @KMDP, P.Kat P.Kat and @Nintenzilla *Reboot*
First off, nice template. Second I think it's good roster I'd definitely would be content with this. The thing is, as cool as Neku would be, I could see Sora getting in over Neku, but that's just me.

Having a Rhythm Heaven character makes a lot of sense, I think Rhythm Girl would probably be chosen over the Chorus Kids with the Chorus Kids being used in her moveset, but that's just me also.

I'm still not sure about the chances of ARMS characters in Smash even with DLC, but DLC is the most likely place they'll be. If Twintelle made it in though I'd hope she has a Min-Min alt.

Having a Fiora as an echo of Elma would be great, and I think it's quite possible. Sakurai never really sticks to any rule, even his own so I honestly believe there's a chance of get getting Fiora. Rex has Pyra, so Shulk should have Fiora by his side. I can easily imagine a double reveal of Elma and Fiora.

Shantae's chances has gone up since her rival indie is an AT (condolences to SK fans) and is one of my most wanted characters so no objections here.

As for Lip, I would replace her with Amaterasu, with Saber from Fate/Stay Night as an honorable mention as a replacement.

So all in all, I like this roster. It has a good chance of coming true with believable fighters, and echo fighters to boot, even the DLC fighters I can see coming true.

All in all a great roster.
But Skull Kid is fine even though he's in the exact same scenario? :rolleyes: Don't play that game.

Decidueye decimated
Incineroar incinerated
There is only one true champion.

or primarina
Primarina is a great choice whom I unironically want in Smash. You better prepare for the wave, cause Primarina is coming your way. Also, prepare for an ocean of Primarina montages, that uses Disney's 'Under the Sea' as its main music background, with other videos using various remixes of it.
This one is really interesting. And I'm admittedly biased because I love the remaining content: Gardevoir is my favorite Pokemon and Paper Mario is one of my most wanted characters.

Only thing I find kind of weird here is that Richter is in the game but not Simon, when Simon is the original character.
Gardevoir for Smash is a great choice.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I can't wait for the Fire Emblem game where the Fire Emblem is a blue haired swordsman named "Fire Emblem."
I want a Fire Emblem where the final boss is the Fire Emblem.
I want a Fire Emblem where the last line before credits is "I guess this adventure really was a Fire Emblem of a time"
I want a Fire Emblem where the main villain has a Water Emblem to counter your Fire Emblem

Well, the question we should be asking now is:

Now what?

Until furthur notice, like newcomers, the website has every of those 103 stages up for viewing pleasure.

So, are Pic of the Days going to focus once again on "Stuff we learned from the Direct?" or will they finally start re-introducing content like missing Items, Pokeballs and ATs?
I'm afraid we'll likely have another drought until I guess October.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The Fire Emblem's just a plot macguffin for whatever universe those hack writers come up with.

It's only the shield in Marth's timeline. In Roy's, it's a seal to a door, in Ike's it's a medallion on fire (a literal fire emblem, huehuehue), and in Corrin's it's the sword.
So I guess at least one of the Fire Emblems is in it.

But that's beside the point that the Hunter is just as important as the Monsters.
It turns out that the real Fire Emblem was the friends we made along the way!

The sad thing is that with it's cheesy themes of friendship I could actually see a future FE pull that card.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It turns out that the real Fire Emblem was the friends we made along the way!

The sad thing is that with it's cheesy themes of friendship I could actually so a future FE pull that card.
What are we, some kinda "Fire Emblem" Squad?

SirCamp

Smash Ace
There's a question for everyone we are not talking about

Since monster hunter is being presented

Wouldn't that mean monster hunter from monster hunter is extremely possible now?
In one sense yes, but also have we ever had a newcomer from a new (to smash) franchise be revealed after a stage from that franchise? THat alone leads me to suspect that no we won't get a monster hunter. I mean I can't imagine they would reveal it expecting a surprise now given that many people are probably thinking along the same lines as you. So I feel like if there were going to be a monster hunter newcomer it would have been in this direct. Perhaps as DLC though.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So, here is a question...

How many new series do you feel will get playable characters at this point? Do you think we will get any more?
If I'm being honest? 1. I think it'll go to another new 3rd Party.

After today, I feel like most other characters will come from pre-existing series, while new ones would be introduced through DLC.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm almost positive this info dump is going to be the last one for awhile. As in, probably not going to know much more about newcomers until much closer to release.

I think we'll get another Direct on Smash specifically around October/November, and that will give us the last info dump before release. We might get additional information like a quick info drop in a normal Direct, but I wouldn't expect anything like we got today until much closer.

Really though, it's kinda cool to think that Geno of all characters is considered to be in a really good spot right now. I've never been a hardcore Geno supporter but I've always liked the character. After thinking about it, he'd be pretty freaking fun. Let's hope he makes it in!

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Gonna have to ask again.

Would Geno be a Mario character, or something else entirely?

He's part of the Mario franchise, but Square owns him.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I may never get Hector nor any FE character before Awakening but at least I can make memes about it.
At this point, we will get the Vaike over Hector.

And the justification will be "BUT HIS GAME SAVED THE FRANCHISE"

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Who’s next to die in a trailer, you ask?

Calling it, Cloud, Lucina, Bayonetta and Dark Pit will die. Just...a gut feeling.

Anyway, night my dudes

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
At this point, we will get the Vaike over Hector.

And the justification will be "BUT HIS GAME SAVED THE FRANCHISE"
I know it "saved the franchise" by racking in sales but this is some Genwunner-tier stuff.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Gonna have to ask again.

Could go either way. He gets his own SMRPG symbol(maybe the Smithy Sword?) or the Mario symbol. Both are completely plausible.

Who’s next to die in a trailer, you ask?

Calling it, Cloud, Lucina, Bayonetta and Dark Pit will die. Just...a gut feeling.

Anyway, night my dudes
Ryu. Cause Scorpion. :troll:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Probably get a general Direct next month though... which should have a Smash trailer given it's one of two major holiday titles. But it probably won't be an info dump. Just a trailer, and given the timing, perhaps some details about Smash's online.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
All this talk about every stage being revealed makes me nervous about Isaac's chances. =( Also I'd be a little surprised if we get nothing for Rhythm Heaven either. Other than those two though, I'm not sure what new franchises would be likely to be added apart from the odd third party or customary retro character. There are definitely other franchises I'd like to see, like Advance Wars, but I feel like Isaac would make it in before Andy (or Sami).

FurretBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FurretBro
Gonna have to ask again.

Mario, but I wouldn't doubt he would have a different victory theme.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
The same way we have Fire Emblem and the Fire Emblem is literally nowhere to be seen since 2001
Except that's not actually true.

The Fire Emblem is different in every Fire Emblem game. In Smash, we have Archanea, Elibe, Tellius, and WhateverthehellFates'continentisnamed.
In Archanea, the Fire Emblem is the Shield of Seals, which hasn't appeared in Smash yet. In Elibe, it's a seal, and it also hasn't appeared in Smash yet. In Tellius, it's a medallion, which again, hasn't appeared in Smash yet.
However, in Fates' world, the Fire Emblem is the Omega Yato, which is Corrin's main weapon, and it has appeared in Smash.

So the Fire Emblem has actually been in the game recently, and it's the only Fire Emblem that has ever been in the game.

Shroob

Sup?
I think some people are taking the 103 thing to heart a bit much.

You can clearly see 6 empty spots on the SSS(Odd saying SSS instead of CSS), and we already have Random accounted for.

While I could see one spot being conserved for "DLC" like last game, that'd still leave us with 5 MIA stages for the base game.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Speaking of 3rd parties, I'm gonna hit you with that obscurity.

Haohmaru, the protagonist of SNK's lesser-known fighting series, Samurai Shodown (Samurai Spirits in Japan). Definitely not saying he's likely because Terry Bogard exists, but I like to dream.

Shroob

Sup?
Speaking of 3rd parties, I'm gonna hit you with that obscurity.

Haohmaru, the protagonist of SNK's lesser-known fighting series, Samurai Shodown (Samurai Spirits in Japan). Definitely not saying he's likely because Terry Bogard exists, but I like to dream.
Hey, I got that guy in Granblue Fantasy

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Despite my character being disconfirmed my excitement is even higher because that direct was so great. Who are the last major assists missing? There's Shadow, Skull Kid and Isabelle. Dunno who else.

Shadow actually seems extremely likely now lol.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
I think some people are taking the 103 thing to heart a bit much.

You can clearly see 6 empty spots on the SSS(Odd saying SSS instead of CSS), and we already have Random accounted for.

While I could see one spot being conserved for "DLC" like last game, that'd still leave us with 5 MIA stages for the base game.
Sakurai literally says "there are 103 stages in the game", and then shows 103 of them, and uploads them all to the site. How could that be taking it too much to heart?

DLC is a different beast entirely. But until something speaks otherwise, there's 0 reason to believe we have been misled.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Sakurai literally says "there are 103 stages in the game", and then shows 103 of them, and uploads them all to the sight. How could that be taking it too much to heart.

DLC is a different beast entirely. But until something speaks otherwise, there's 0 reason to believe we have been misled.
Because the Stage Select Screen has 6 empty boxes on it.

I have a hard time imagining that those won't get filled out.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Despite my character being disconfirmed my excitement is even higher because that direct was so great. Who are the last major assists missing? There's Shadow, Skull Kid and Isabelle. Dunno who else.

Shadow, Isaac, Isabelle. Though Isaac is only technically missing by proxy, as he wasn't in 4. Rest are gone too.

Isabelle is also not seeable on the preview for Town and City, a stage she otherwise shows up in. Could be a deliberate choice to make it seem obvious to us.

Speaking of, I'm wondering if the red-eyes thing Sakurai tweeted was an intentional hint too?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Dillon is missing as well, although he's still pretty unlikely due to the lack of popularity and overall importance (to Nintendo/the gaming industry, not to his home series obviously). He's got move set potential going for him at least.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hey, I got that guy in Granblue Fantasy
I have a few copies of the series that I had since childhood. I think it's neat, but definitely long-dead.
That's kinda sad, becuase there was a character who was pretty much Guile with a ****ing dog as a part of the character.

Iridium

Smash Hero
With the talk of deaths of Smash characters, I wonder what character would be revealed that also has some character die. For example, if Isabelle arrived to Smash, would anybody die, and how? Maybe with Geno, that would make more sense, though not complete sense.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
So, here is a question...

How many new series do you feel will get playable characters at this point? Do you think we will get any more?
In terms of base game, I really don't feel like we'll see anyone else. Unless:
  • Rathalos and Ancestral Steppe actually does lead to a playable Monster Hunter character (which I doubt)
  • Geno gets in, and is not considered a Mario character (which I doubt)
  • Isaac gets in (which I'm not very confident about)
Those are the only cases I can see where we actually get another newcomer from a new franchise, which kills me to say, coming from someone who really wants a Rhythm Heaven newcomer more than anything else.

It's all about popularity this time around, and franchises like Rhythm Heaven unfortunately, don't really have that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom