• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
So the Direct had some very interesting implications. It almost sound like he revealed every stage we are getting. If that's the case then there may not be anymore new characters from a series not already represented. Maybe.

By that Monster Hunter dragon thing it looks as if other series might be represented in another mode. Also Sonic seems to be the only 3rd Party character to get two stages. How strange.

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice
Evidence for a new adventure mode.

1) Shows Simon walking up stairs in gameplay, just before the Dracula battle. Looked like the adventure mode.

2) Dracula's conditions to appear left mysterious. Possible boss battle?

3) Rathalos referred to as "a boss." A boss for what?

4) Rathalos reveal on stage not on selection screen.

5) Blurred out menu option. Is a large icon like the Smash icon, making it likely another big mode. Green color also suggests an adventure mode to me, but that might be reaching.

ThyCheshireCat

Smash Apprentice
The Former British Empire of great Britain.
King Dedede and Luigi are the victims of these trailers; last time it was Mario and Megaman who fell.

Notice how they've been dark trailers with a villain showing up in the end?

Definitely a theme here, where we can ecpect more bad guys later on.
I can smell mah boi Marx from a mile away!

Anyways if next direct has the same formula as last time
Third Party
Echo of them
Echo
Echo
Underepped series Villain

What do you think it will be?

I myself predict

Heihachi
IDK know an echo for him someone give me one pls
Two echoes from this list; Louie, Shadow, Jeanne, Ken, Mr's Pac-Man, Kumatora, Paula, Poo, Ninten, Big Boss, Dr Luigi, Keeby, Dark Meta Knight, Galacta Knight, Dark Link, Isabelle.
Marx/Dark Matter

WaxPython

Smash Ace
in what way? i'm sure every bayo is thinking "please swing at me from half screen with a whip, watch what happens" and he's slow. don't see it at all
Down Air, 3 projectiles, combo potential, grab

She'll have trouble with him mark my words

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
In the end of the trailer K.Rool losses to Dk and Diddy and then he get up and beat them... I was expecting Dixie to help them at the moment and I still think that's what they meant.
Also, Chrom using Aether solves the "Dixie can't use rocket barrels so she can't be a echo" problem.
Not that I want Dixie as a echo, but I'd be okay with this.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Evidence for a new adventure mode.

1) Shows Simon walking up stairs in gameplay, just before the Dracula battle. Looked like the adventure mode.

2) Dracula's conditions to appear left mysterious. Possible boss battle?

3) Rathalos referred to as "a boss." A boss for what?

4) Rathalos reveal on stage not on selection screen.

5) Blurred out menu option. Is a large icon like the Smash icon, making it likely another big mode. Green color also suggests an adventure mode to me, but that might be reaching.
Also CG team has better models for characters now, which mean Nintendo is buying someone to make CG cutscenes.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Let me get all the facts...
  • Chrom was missing from both Ike's palette and Robin's Final Smash
  • Dark Samus was missing from the Assists and Samus' palette
  • Echoes can have at least one different move (Chrom gets Aether)
  • Echoes can have very different animations (Dark Samus)
  • Shadow and Isabelle are still missing
  • Chrom, K.rool and Zero got upgraded from Mii costume to playable/Assist (Protoman got upgraded to Final Smash a while ago, too)
  • Mimikyu is gone, with Ashley
  • Simon is in, with Ritcher, so third party echoes are not out of the question
  • Monster Hunter got the best Assist Trophy and a cool stage (upgrade from Mii costume)
  • Chrom is a Roy Echo, leaving an Ike Echo spot open
  • Knuckles got upgraded from Mii costume
  • Inkling also playable, ex Mii costume
The only costumes left without any upgrade or other appearance are:
  • Heihachi
  • Lloyd
  • Skull Kid (Assist Trophy also missing, and the Moon being a lone Assist is VERY suspicious)
  • Isabelle
  • Geno
  • Akira
  • Jacky
  • Black Knight
  • Chocobo
Skull Kid is looking very likely now. Heihachi, Lloyd, Geno also. Isabelle and Black Knight can be Echoes. I don't know enough about Akira or Jacky to form an opinion.
Omg didnt clue into skull kid/ moon until reading this post. Mind blown.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Chrom is an echo of :ultmarth::ultroy::ultike: all together (and gets to be with his daughter :ultlucina: and best friend :ultrobin)
In the end of the trailer K.Rool losses to Dk and Diddy and then he get up and beat them... I was expecting Dixie to help them at the moment and I still think that's what they meant.
Also, Chrom using Aether solves the "Dixie can't use rocket barrels so she can't be a echo" problem.
Not that I want Dixie as a echo, but I'd be okay with this.
She can fight like Diddy and use K Rool’s recovery (her hair being used instead of course)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So hyped for Simon Belmont and King K. Rool! And we are getting 103 stages?! Wow!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Damn, a limited edition? I wonder how fast it'll sell out.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Hmmm

So we have a DBZ reference in the trailer,

Namco are helping to develop the game who own the rights to Goku.

Goku is one of the most requested characters in smash history.

It's happening I'm boarding the Goku4Smash hype train starting today

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I hope gen 7 doesn't get a rep or a stage.

Gen 1 or gen 3 new Pokemon and stage please Sakurai
Gen 7 is most likely getting a stage and probably a rep too, and I can't wait!
Gen 7 is one of my favorites! Story, Pokemon, characters, region, lore, I love almost all of it!
I really hope I get to see it in Smash!

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Let me get all the facts...
  • Chrom was missing from both Ike's palette and Robin's Final Smash
  • Dark Samus was missing from the Assists and Samus' palette
  • Echoes can have at least one different move (Chrom gets Aether)
  • Echoes can have very different animations (Dark Samus)
  • Shadow and Isabelle are still missing
  • Chrom, K.rool and Zero got upgraded from Mii costume to playable/Assist (Protoman got upgraded to Final Smash a while ago, too)
  • Mimikyu is gone, with Ashley
  • Simon is in, with Ritcher, so third party echoes are not out of the question
  • Monster Hunter got the best Assist Trophy and a cool stage (upgrade from Mii costume)
  • Chrom is a Roy Echo, leaving an Ike Echo spot open
  • Knuckles got upgraded from Mii costume
  • Inkling also playable, ex Mii costume
The only costumes left without any upgrade or other appearance are:
  • Heihachi
  • Lloyd
  • Skull Kid (Assist Trophy also missing, and the Moon being a lone Assist is VERY suspicious)
  • Isabelle
  • Geno
  • Akira
  • Jacky
  • Black Knight
  • Chocobo
Skull Kid is looking very likely now. Heihachi, Lloyd, Geno also. Isabelle and Black Knight can be Echoes. I don't know enough about Akira or Jacky to form an opinion.
Viridi is also left (even whe her glorious HD model being used for Reset Bomb Forest, she can pull a Toon Link and end Chrom)

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Okay.
Richter has his own animations.
Chrom is a mixture of ike and roy.

What does echo even mean anymore?
Richter has the exact same moveset though, he has different idles, taunts and victory animations though like every other echo.

Chrom is the weird one though, he's roy without fire with Ike's up B which is so strange

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Please don't get my hopes up for Skull Kid. I would LOVE for him to be a playable character but, now that the Moon is an AT, what would his FS be?

blackghost

Smash Champion
View attachment 156290

So if there really are 6 stages to be revealed, what do you think they would be?

I'd say:
- A Kirby stage
- Pokemon gen 7 stage
- Tropical Freeze stage
- Maybe a new metroid since Pyrosphere is gone
- Maybe a Xenoblade X stage if Elma gets in

and tbh I'm not sure about another
counting i got to 13 legal stages. (14 if brinster depths behaves like i think it does with hazards off). stage lists should be very long and allow for better viewing experiences

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
Possibly...but same with the now HD 3D Model Viridi

And with Sonic having Green Hill and Windy Hill coming back, along with his series being a 3x 3rd party champ, Shadow (or atleast Tails/Eggman) just has to happen

Yes to all that...and our new 3D model of the legendary Viridi

He, Isabelle, and Shadow still have life

Sakurai’s new child series = His Legacy

Viridi is the only one who would make sense with Pittoo (Medusa, Pandora, and Hades definitely not)
I really must wonder why they would go through the effort of making a new model for Viridi... I can think of several possibilities (including Fighter and Boss)

KMDP

Smash Legend
Okay.
Richter has his own animations.
Chrom is a mixture of ike and roy.

What does echo even mean anymore?
What is an Echo? A miserable little pile of similarities.

Also, Sakurai mentioned Rathalos as a "Boss", if Dracula is also a boss... well... get ready for Official Dracula Quotes being the new Smash Taunt.

Oddbaum21

Smash Rookie
I think I threw my phone when Rathalos showed up. Honestly, if we don’t get something from Yo Kai Watch (Blizzaria), I will be very surprised. Due to Blasters coming out next month, I’d bet that we’re going to get a Jibanyan/Komasan assist trophy, and possibly a fighter.

Also, RIP Ashley and Mimikyu.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Richter alone sold me on echo fighters. Best Belmont, best Castlevania.

Also I was not too big on K.Rool before this but man, I'm happy you guys got your day. Looks dope.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
People in the Internet Smash Communities aren't the only people who play Smash.
im well aware of that but much like our last third party character in various places of any kind of smash fan there wasnt much request for him

Staarih

Smash Master
Okay, so this thread blew up.

But for a reason! Damn that Direct. Looks like they are indeed going all out on Echoes, as I was personally thinking of maybe just a few more. I’m totally expecting Shadow now, at least.

Also, Simon... and K. Rool! I love how K. Rool’s trailer had heroes VS villains from different series before ending it with DK.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I really must wonder why they would go through the effort of making a new model for Viridi... I can think of several possibilities (including Fighter and Boss)
Because Sakurai loves the Kid Icarus series (even giving them a new item in the form of a staff)

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Man, I'm so glad that we can finally add Stocks to Stamina Mode!

That's gonna make stamina mode a lot more fun to play in general.
Also, FSes being chargeable is something I never expected.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm not so sure we're seeing Dixie in Ultimate.

The fact she wasn't revealed with K. Rool, echo or not seems strange.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Man, I'm so glad that we can finally add Stocks to Stamina Mode!

That's gonna make stamina mode a lot more fun to play in general.
Also, FSes being chargeable is something I never expected.
Preach it

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Gen 7 is most likely getting a stage and probably a rep too, and I can't wait!
Gen 7 is one of my favorites! Story, Pokemon, characters, region, lore, I love almost all of it!
I really hope I get to see it in Smash!
Most likely? Well idk about that Sakurai did say how he chooses Pokemon reps so just like he skipped gen 3 and gen 5 he nay decide to skip gen 7 and focus on the upcoming gen 1 remakes and give us a new fighter from gen 1

Each to their own though I would just rather not see anything from my least favourite gen make it in.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
What is an Echo? A miserable little pile of similarities.

Also, Sakurai mentioned Rathalos as a "Boss", if Dracula is also a boss... well... get ready for Official Dracula Quotes being the new Smash Taunt.
"Die monster! You don't belong in this world." is already acknowledged by the trailer...

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Late reply but that was a really good direct! Only downsides were Ashely deconfirmation (F) and getting Marth's moveset in the game 4th time but overall there's so much to be excited about. Congrats again K. Rool supporters!

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Okay so let's see what stages we are missing right now

Flat Zone
Flat Zone 2
Icicle Mountain
Jungle Hijinxs
Miiverse
Mushroom Kingdom (Melee)
Mute City (Melee)
Orbital Gate Assault
Pac-Maze
PictoChat
Planet Zebes
Poke Float
Pyrosphere
Rainbow Road
Rumble Falls
Sector Z
Windy Hill Zone
Whooly World

Wow that's alot of stages missing despite not all of them returning. Would be interesting to see if any of these make it to the game or if they could be DLC

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
And with Sonic having Green Hill and Windy Hill coming back, along with his series being a 3x 3rd party champ, Shadow (or atleast Tails/Eggman) just has to happen
Yeah, I think Sonic will get an echo via Shadow and an original since he's been around for so long and his unique relationship with Mario. My money is on Eggman though rather than Tails. With Chrom also being far more deviant than Roy, I hope this means Shadow will be more like Chrom than like Daisy.

Last edited:

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Holy ****, 5 freaking new characters. What in the blue hell.. And just when I was losing hope.. boom, K.Rool. This Sakurai is really a man to admire. Congratulations to all diehard K.Rool fans. What a game.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Jesus why is he so detailed? I don't think his early build looks remotely close to that.
Who the peck cares? He's mean, green, and finally making his return after a decade of absence, so it's only natural that he comes in a full-on glorious makeover (And by glorious, I mean threateningly creepy).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom