• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero

Just look at that U-smash range! Landing could be a problem with that reaching so far . . .

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I realized something... Marx was probably disconfirmed by the K.Rool trailer as it show's Kirby's enemy as Meta Knight...

Which is strange since why would Sakurai go through the effort of doing that when Fox and Wolf could do that role. Was it because he fathered Kirby?

And it's also very funny that there was no Pit up there then...

Could this mean... Hades???

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
I realized something... Marx was probably disconfirmed by the K.Rool trailer as it show's Kirby's enemy as Meta Knight...

Which is strange since why would Sakurai go through the effort of doing that when Fox and Wolf could do that role. Was it because he fathered Kirby?

And it's also very funny that there was no Pit up there then...

Could this mean... Hades???
The Japanese name of the trailer is "Rivals". So think it over again.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
King Dedede and Luigi are the victims of these trailers; last time it was Mario and Megaman who fell.

Notice how they've been dark trailers with a villain showing up in the end?

Definitely a theme here, where we can ecpect more bad guys later on.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Can I just say, I'm not even a shadow supporter, but Shadow is 99% confirmed. No way in hell Sakurai gets away with Richter Belmont and no shadow. This throws out the "1 character per 3rd party series" rule. No way does Castlevania get 2 characters and Sonic only gets 1 and I don't even like Sonic.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Nintendo needs to stop killing off all of their characters. First Megaman and Mario get slaughtered by Ridley, than Luigi gets his soul ripped out, and then King Dedede gets his neck broken by K. Rool.
We need Phoenix to investigate all these murders, bro.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ok but what if we’re getting a new Capcom rep but it’s not Ken, a new MM character or a MonHun character?

What if...Dante???

pls

He survived the AT chopping block too

Also didn’t a few leaks mention Dante as playable

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
I can't see either richter or simon being anything lower than high tier. Depends who's faster (likely richter).
Spammable projectiles, huge range, seemingly high combo potential.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I doubt it, there was a big empty space in the bottom row, for starters.

Also, any other new original character they reveal will likely have a Stage to come with them.
There's 6 empty spaces on the stage select in the direct. So there's probably 6 they have yet to reveal.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Anyone else really like the horror theme trailer?

Castlevania is just what kids these days need, that creepy majora moon crashing down is a nice touch.

I would have really liked this game if I was born in this generation and not the 90s

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm think I'm gonna lock geno now

K rool murdered the relevance argument and k rool dat samus and chrome prove that ballot was used for newcomers in smash ultimate

By the way can't wait to see a picture of k rool beating up bayonetta since he's probably the true winner

D

Deleted member

I think that new mode that is censored is definitely going to be a Subspace Emissary.

blackghost

Smash Champion
well congrats king k people.
sorry to Ashley people.
top 3 things of direct
1. simion
2. stage morphing (i want this in competitive so badly but no point in trying)
3. meter built final smashes. no hope the competitive scene will even try this.

chrome is marth, ike, and roy into one. the definition we have on echoes needs adjustment

watching Maximillian reaction (dude called bayo in 4 onlaunch day, he called chargeable final smashes in ultimate) he was looking at the character artwork and he was saying there is room for a few more characters specifically room next to megaman, sonic, cloud, and ryu moving forward that may give hints about who is left.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
So, new character stage theory speculation.
If all we have is 103 stages, and we have new comers left.
And no more new stages, has to be from series we already have.

So, going to say

BANDANNA DEE!!!!!!
ELMA!!!!!!

and I hate the idea of Dark samus echo, but seeing her made me love it. I want everyone to have an echo (which is unreasonable) but I will pay for DLC that does that. I will give him all my money.

I want Isabelle (villager), Shadow (sonic), Ken (ryu), Slippy (falco), peppy (fox), Ninten (Ness), Black Shadow (Falcon), impa (shiek), Dixie (Diddy Kong), Louie (Olimar), Doc Lewis (Lilmac), Ms Pacman (pacman), Jenne (Bayo), Meta-Ridley (Ridley)

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
Well if that was the case then why was there no Pit and Dark Pit? They're like... literally the definition of Rivals
Hmm. I don't know. Maybe it'll be like, Pit and Palutena vs Dark Pit and (???). I don't know why they chose who they chose for the trailer...

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Let me get all the facts...
  • Chrom was missing from both Ike's palette and Robin's Final Smash
  • Dark Samus was missing from the Assists and Samus' palette
  • Echoes can have at least one different move (Chrom gets Aether)
  • Echoes can have very different animations (Dark Samus)
  • Shadow and Isabelle are still missing
  • Chrom, K.rool and Zero got upgraded from Mii costume to playable/Assist (Protoman got upgraded to Final Smash a while ago, too)
  • Mimikyu is gone, with Ashley
  • Simon is in, with Ritcher, so third party echoes are not out of the question
  • Monster Hunter got the best Assist Trophy and a cool stage (upgrade from Mii costume)
  • Chrom is a Roy Echo, leaving an Ike Echo spot open
  • Knuckles got upgraded from Mii costume
  • Inkling also playable, ex Mii costume
The only costumes left without any upgrade or other appearance are:
  • Heihachi
  • Lloyd
  • Skull Kid (Assist Trophy also missing, and the Moon being a lone Assist is VERY suspicious)
  • Isabelle
  • Geno
  • Akira
  • Jacky
  • Black Knight
  • Chocobo
  • Edit: Gil and Tails too
Skull Kid is looking very likely now. Heihachi, Lloyd, Geno also. Isabelle and Black Knight can be Echoes. I don't know enough about Akira or Jacky to form an opinion.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Mah girl Dark Samus is looking so ****ing clean.

Her design is MP3 inspired while her colors are more inspired by MP2.

Thank you daddy Sakurai.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
"Don't expect too many new challengers."

*Reveals 3 characters at E3.*

*Reveals 5 characters at Smash Direct.*

Why did we ever believe him... that Direct was absolutely hype! And Isaac's still alive!

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Having Final Smashes connected to a kind of 'limit break' bar is actually having me somewhat interested in them for the first time. I'm going to assume though that such a mode will be rejected by the community, so I guess my interest will die quietly in a corner. It would probably just cause matches to end up being 'stay alive until the meter fills and whoever lands their FS wins'.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I feel we're going to also have characters not revealed before the game's release. I mean he's going to want a surprise for when we are unlocking everyone right?
Didn't he explicitly say they were going to reveal everybody before release? Or was I hearing things

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
watching Maximillian reaction (dude called bayo in 4 onlaunch day, he called chargeable final smashes in ultimate) he was looking at the character artwork and he was saying there is room for a few more characters specifically room next to megaman, sonic, cloud, and ryu moving forward that may give hints about who is left.
Ironically the site says that there are 4 more fighters to be shown...

But since the last update fudged it by one... I'd say we might see one... sneak right under our noses ;)

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Also, something I'd like to ask is, does anybody think that Stage Morph has any future in the competitive scene?
I don't think it'll become a regular part of competitive play, but I think it'd at least be interesting to try a Stage Morph tournament, at least.
For the heck of it, y'know? Could be interesting.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Belmont looks like he could give Bayonetta players a hard time and could be a viable counter pick.

Good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom