• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
Sak said there are 103 stages in total, you can view all 103 stages on the website

the Monster Hunter "stage" with Rathalos isn't on there ;)

Subspace 2 here we come

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero

So it seems Chrom can turn around during his neutral-B multiple times before unleashing the attack. That's going to be sweet for mindgames!

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Basically he appeared in the unreleased Rondo of blood in japans only PC engine aka Castlevania Dracula X which was suppose to come out in america but was later change and released for the snes
Actually it was released on the PSP I have the game it's rather good.

Also Richter appears in SOTN prologue and is a boss and playable character.

He's probably just as iconic as Simon is to us who grew up with PS1

Beyond hyped he's in the game, he's also way more powerful than Simon in the games canon story, as well as gameplay hence why they made Simon an echo fighter of Richter.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys I'm sorry but that Chrom character model looks HORRIBLE. Please tell me that I am not the only one who noticed it. I know he is an echo but damn at least polish him up a bit before the game gets released. He looks like a 3ds character
I think Chrom looks amazing actually, like the females scream when they see him.
It is hard to make detailed 2D characters look good in 3D, but Sakurai did an amazing job at making Chrom look cool.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Might probably hope they show Richter as one of the Alts for Simon...

Feels good man.

Ahem.
HE GOT HIS CHANCE TODAAAAY IM SO FREAAAAKING HAPPY! CHROM! YES! AND AS A ROY ECHO?
Look at his mains
PERFECT
I'm still reeling over this! I thought I'd have to switch to Ike to use Chrom if he'd be confimed - but seems like Viridi was utterly wrong after all.

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
Time out the entire swear word, please. Let the censors handle it.
Three Things:

• Holy **** im glad i didnt spoil myself

•We got Windy Hill and not Pac Maze :joyful:

•Oof Ashley and Shovel Knight Fans (Shadow is still in the running with TWO spindashes and a Spring)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Sak said there are 103 stages in total, you can view all 103 stages on the website

the Monster Hunter "stage" with Rathalos isn't on there ;)

Subspace 2 here we come
Hmmm.

Interesting. Without the stage. I'm less likely to expect a Monster Hunter rep.

I really doubt they'd add in a third party rep or new franchise and not give them a home stage.

kylexv

Smash Master
So here's the stages that are not in the game. There are 15 (technically 17 if you count Flat Zones 1 and 2):

Planet Zebes
Sector Z

Icicle Mountain
Mute City
Poke Floats
Mushroom Kingdom
Flat Zone (but not really since Flat Zone X is in)

Rumble Falls
Flat Zone 2 (again, not really)
Pictochat

Pac Maze
Rainbow Road

Jungle Hijinx
Miiverse
Orbital Gate Assault
Pyrosphere
Wooly World

WaxPython

Smash Ace
inb4 it ends up being Boshi

But yeah, they basically confirmed the Heroes vs, villains theme in KKR's trailer, so I hope that means Yoshi won't get shafted again...
Kamek is cool and Yoshi's island on SNES is an incredible game. I hope they're in too. Or maybe even Kid Bowser

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
Chrom playable... mmh...

Do you know if the symbol they found in the swapnote game data was an assistant or specifically a scenario?

There could be the possibility of the Chorus Kids in that way.

It is very stranger that we still do not have anything of Rhythm Heaven, nor as an assistant.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Actually it was released on the PSP I have the game it's rather good.

Also Richter appears in SOTN prologue and is a boss and playable character.

He's probably just as iconic as Simon is to us who grew up with PS1

Beyond hyped he's in the game, he's also way more powerful than Simon in the games.
Yes it indeed was released for the psp later in the years but it was originally for the PC Engine which is this thing
327U0CY.jpg
and he did appear in SOTN True but his original story game was Rondo of the Blood and the PC engine was JPN exclusive.

Btw let me add that i'm heavily heartbroken that ashley got the Trophy treatment again

Last edited:

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
I will believe in Isaac until the very end.

I didn't see Golden Sun music in the My Music Other playlist, and he wasn't in the Assist Trophy section.

Funny how one direct changed my opinion of Shadow and Dixie being Echoes. :laugh:
Ok, I know this is petty, but I TOLD YOU SO!

Everybody here constantly saying how Echoes are this, you can't be an Echo unless you're identical in all but cosmetic ways. Bill said this, etc., etc. It was incredibly frustrating how rigid everyone was, and it was a topic that came up again and again, where anyone suggesting Echo fighters were immediately jumped on.

It feels good to be vindicated.

Anyway, great Direct! I wasn't hyped for K. Rool before, but now I am. And Dixie as an Echo seems pretty likely at this point.

Iridium

Smash Hero

So, down throw to up smash looks like a true combo at low percents. Also, look at that amazing victory pose/animation!

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
So here's the stages that are not in the game. There are 15 (technically 17 if you count Flat Zones 1 and 2):

Planet Zebes
Sector Z

Icicle Mountain
Mute City
Poke Floats
Mushroom Kingdom

Rumble Falls
Pictochat

Pac Maze
Rainbow Road

Jungle Hijinx
Miiverse
Orbital Gate Assault
Pyrosphere
Wooly World
For the love of SAKURAI!!

I will pat for DLC that contains those missing stages. Please give me back Sector Z and Pokefloats.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Quick thoughts on the new characters.

Simon-Cool, i guess.
Richter-Did we need two Simons? i don't think we did...
Chrom-FINALLY
Dark Samus-She looks cool.
K Rool-LOOK AT THIS GOOFY BOI! I LOVE HIM!

I give it 7.8/10, too much water echoes.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I asked before, going to ask again, do we believe we have all the stages now? I did not see the Monster Hunter one, and even though they quoted 100 stages, I am curious if that is their final number or just misdirection.

I feel like that is all the stages.
I doubt it, there was a big empty space in the bottom row, for starters.

Also, any other new original character they reveal will likely have a Stage to come with them.

TheFritzle

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo needs to stop killing off all of their characters. First Megaman and Mario get slaughtered by Ridley, than Luigi gets his soul ripped out, and then King Dedede gets his neck broken by K. Rool.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Chrom finally gets his day (and Viridi will come to torture him verbally)
Simon/Richter join Smash (giving me hopes for Shadow to join Sonic since Castlevania instantly got two characters)
Shovel Knight as an AT (and Ashley dead)
Luigi gets to see his brother once more
K Roll and Dark Samus joining up adds more villains to the crew (could Medusa be resurrected for Smash...and a Kid Icarus Switch game)
But most of all...****ING K ROOL IS IN!!!!!!!!

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Most important question:

Who is the next person to die in the next reveal trailer?
Let's have a moment for our fallen fighters

Megaman
Mario
Luigi

I'm gonna expect one of the anime fighters now (Link, Pit, Marth, Shulk) or one of the Mario characters (Peach, Daisy, Yoshi)

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
Monster Hunter will probably be the next third-party to be revealed. There's no way there's a stage and AT for a series with no playable rep.
Maybe, but I'm very positive that that stage was a Monster Hunter stage... at least it looked terribly like one.

But it was also pretty generic so who knows
Yep, it's the Ancestral Steppe from 4 Ultimate.

Aeronite's Kiseki

Smash Journeyman

Planet Zebes
Sector Z

Icicle Mountain
Mute City
Poke Floats
Mushroom Kingdom

Rumble Falls
Pictochat

Pac Maze
Rainbow Road

Jungle Hijinx
Miiverse
Orbital Gate Assault
Pyrosphere
Wooly World

Forgot Mushroomy Kingdom 1-2

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
That was amazing! I wanted K Rool so bad but I really didn't think we were going to get home. Also, those cinematics were amazing! I'm so happy! :)

KMDP

Smash Legend
Ok, I know this is petty, but I TOLD YOU SO!

Everybody here constantly saying how Echoes are this, you can't be an Echo unless you're identical in all but cosmetic ways. Bill said this, etc., etc. It was incredibly frustrating how rigid everyone was, and it was a topic that came up again and again, where anyone suggesting Echo fighters were immediately jumped on.

It feels good to be vindicated.

Anyway, great Direct! I wasn't hyped for K. Rool before, but now I am. And Dixie as an Echo seems pretty likely at this point.
You are totally justified in your "I told you so" and subsequent vindication.

Neither side was wrong though, we didn't know if characters could have different attacks/specials until today; arguing they could was just as foolhardy as arguing they couldn't.

Frankly, it's a huge weight off my shoulders having a clearer picture of what an Echo is.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I also hope all the character reveal movies are in the game like in Wii u.

Please bring all the Smash4 ones back also. Love those things. Might need to save them for hypes later.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
OK, so I guess I was probably too optimistic about the number of new stages, but ultimately I don't think I can complain too much about this. Sakurai said there were 103 stages and... it seems like we have 103 stages here. Unless all the remaining unique newcomers are from series already repped by Smash I'd have to imagine we'll get at least a few more. Maybe 5 more to fill out that bottom row. We'll see I guess.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Also, I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad that every stage can be played in 8 Player Smash now!

That'll make big meet ups for Smash really fun!

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Okay but why is Chrom an Echo? Now he's questioning what an Echo even is at this point.
Is he just an Echo of no particular character but of Fire Emblem itself? Let's count here:

- Roy's Neutral Special
- Marthcinoy's Side Special
- Ike's up special
- Counter (literally everyone except robin)
I'm feeling that Echo means any clone introduced in this game. Like after looking at Chrom, I'm pretty sure Pichu, Doctor Mario, and Young Link would be considered echoes if they were new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom