• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
In light of new information... I guess we'll be making new roster predictions.

That'll keep us for like a week, right?

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I'm not so sure we're seeing Dixie in Ultimate.

The fact she wasn't revealed with K. Rool, echo or not seems strange.
To be fair, I don't think they'd reveal 2 unique fighters in the same trailer due to how they're included on fighter pages and stuff. Either she's unique or she's not in imo.

D

Deleted member

I'm not even mad, glad to have closure about Ashley, and still hoping for an Isabelle character of some sort.

We will see where this goes, and apparently the full roster will be unveiled before the game is out.

Seriously though, I didn't expect this many newcomers. It can only get better from here, and tbh I just want December to come already.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Not literally every single move, but check Roy's character trailer. Roy's Up-B is the same and Chrom has aether instead. IDK if there's any real differences aside from that, but it's still worth noting.
Roy's recovery and Chrom's recovery are different, we should know that alone to question it.
However, Chrom's Aether seems to be way quicker than Ike's, which may put a point in his favor competitively.
What's kind of weird is that Chrom has Ike's Up-B, but he's not a unique fighter... so can Echos Echo two people at once? Can they Echo old moves? If Black Shadow was an Echo would he also get some of Ganondorfs moves, including his old ones?
Haha okay just making sure.
I wouldn't be shocked about echos being able to be hybrids or something. Just goes to show that every time people assume a rule it will probably get broken.

Yoshi The Tax Evader

Smash Rookie
So, super excited for Simon Belmont, Dark Samus and King K. Rool (about time), and since we saw Zero is an Assist Trophy, do you think X could be an Echo Fighter?

blackghost

Smash Champion
Down Air, 3 projectiles, combo potential, grab

She'll have trouble with him mark my words
being above bayonetta isnt a good thing. outside of cloud no character in smash history starts offense with dair. she can duck the best zoning tool he has.
grab? he doesnt have a command grab as far as i saw.

chrome may be a bigger issue. its roy without a bad mechanic attached. that could be an issue.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I can smell mah boi Marx from a mile away!

Anyways if next direct has the same formula as last time
Third Party
Echo of them
Echo
Echo
Underepped series Villain

What do you think it will be?

I myself predict

Heihachi
IDK know an echo for him someone give me one pls
Two echoes from this list; Louie, Shadow, Jeanne, Ken, Mr's Pac-Man, Kumatora, Paula, Poo, Ninten, Big Boss, Dr Luigi, Keeby, Dark Meta Knight, Galacta Knight, Dark Link, Isabelle.
Marx/Dark Matter
I'm guessing a certain echo fightet from F-Zero will finally join, along with another Mother character and maybe even Yoshi character to boot.

They've been slowly adding to the underepped franchises of the OG series by adding villains, and I'd be really surprised if none of those get a character.

Also, now that CT is out, Mario only has two potential reps left, with one being a Mii Costume Sakurai himself and the fans have wanted for a long time... May the stars shine down upon you.

Kirby is Bandana Dee or bust imo but I guess a proper villain could work.

We're almost defnitely getting Shadow and Isabelle now, I can't see any reason as to why they wouldn't be in.

So I guess those are my guesses? The only really big villains left that would work in a cinematic are Hades/Medusa and Giygas/Pokey IMO. Forgive me if I'm forgetting some characters

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Roy's recovery and Chrom's recovery are different, we should know that alone to question it.
However, Chrom's Aether seems to be way quicker than Ike's, which may put a point in his favor competitively.
Chrom's Aether looks like some knockoff custom move version of Ike's. It's fast and looks much weaker, I wouldn't be surprised if it lacked the armor and also didn't spike.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
So if there were six (Non-Echo) characters left to be revealed... i'd say that this would be them.
1. Elma
2. Chorus Kids
3. Gen 7 Pokerep
4. Retro Character
5. 2nd Namco Rep
6. 2nd Square Enix Rep

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, "the Forever Five" is now down to two after Captain Toad's disconfirmation and K. Rool's confirmation today, leaving Geno and Balloon Fighter. I swear, I will probably sob like a filthy man-child and live stream it if Geno comes back after 22 years of waiting...

KMDP

Smash Legend
So, super excited for Simon Belmont, Dark Samus and King K. Rool (about time), and since we saw Zero is an Assist Trophy, do you think X could be an Echo Fighter?
X is already in Mega Man's Final Smash.

But if Echoes can be significantly taller than their base character, maybe?

That aside, X doesn't use any of the original series Robot Master weapons; not saying he can't, but it would be weird as heck.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Most likely? Well idk about that Sakurai did say how he chooses Pokemon reps so just like he skipped gen 3 and gen 5 he nay decide to skip gen 7 and focus on the upcoming gen 1 remakes and give us a new fighter from gen 1

Each to their own though I would just rather not see anything from my least favourite gen make it in.
Actually, we might have been close to getting Plusle and Minum in Brawl.
So, "the Forever Five" is now down to two after Captain Toad's disconfirmation and K. Rool's confirmation today, leaving Geno and Balloon Fighter. I swear, I will probably sob like a filthy man-child and live stream it if Geno comes back after 22 years of waiting...
Well Vilager already has balloon trip as a special and Balloon Fight music was under misc. in the songs soooooo

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah, I think Sonic will get an echo via Shadow and an original since he's been around for so long and his unique relationship with Mario. My money is on Eggman though rather than Tails. With Chrom also being far more deviant than Roy, I hope this means Shadow will be more like Chrom than like Daisy.
That’s what I’m thinking (but only since Tails is still at GHZ and Eggman would fit the villain thing going on so far), but Shadow...Imma need him to do atleast one Chaos move and bring the “All I Am” song with him, especially if the series/Sega doesn’t want remixes still
Chrom's Aether looks like some knockoff custom move version of Ike's. It's fast and looks much weaker, I wouldn't be surprised if it lacked the armor and also didn't spike.
Chrom = FE Swordsman echo of :ultmarth::ultroy::ultike:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Word's going around that Captain Toad was spotting in the background at New Donk.

I took an L with Chrom today, perhaps that could be pulled back into a W. :reverse:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So if there were six (Non-Echo) characters left to be revealed... i'd say that this would be them.
1. Elma
2. Chorus Kids
3. Gen 7 Pokerep
4. Retro Character
5. 2nd Namco Rep
6. 2nd Square Enix Rep
Here’s my guesses:

1. Elma
2. Bandana Dee
3. Chorus Kids
4. Either Incineroar or Buzzwole
5. Isabelle (I have a gut feeling she’s a unique fighter)
6. Either Heihachi, Lloyd Irving or Yuri Lowell...or, hear me out, KOS-MOS (maybe?)

Enchess

Smash Lord
I don't think Japan goes very hard on the whole Halloween thing.
It was half a joke, half me wanting to dream a little haha. I still think they'd have at least considered a Halloween reveal though. It's not like Halloween is unheard of to them and I'm sure at least 1 NOA person brought it up.

On a side note, doesn't the order of reveals sorta imply Nintendo considers K Rool to be today's hype reveal? Happy about that if true

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Damn, a limited edition? I wonder how fast it'll sell out.

Oh. ****. That's gonna go out FAST

And I'm disappointed that tournament mode is 32 players again. GODAMMIT SAKURAI PUT THE 64 PLAYERS BACK IN LIKE THE GOOD OLD MELEE FOR ****'S SAKE

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Word's going around that Captain Toad was spotting in the background at New Donk.

I took an L with Chrom today, perhaps that could be pulled back into a W. :reverse:
He just stands there...menacingly

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
It's sad that Shovel Knight didn't make it in as playable... But man, he's the first Indie character to make an appearance!

I have to wonder if we'll be getting a Indie playable character like Shantae or the guy from Cave Story?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wonder if it's possible to figure out the number of new fighters from the amount of stages left

MainJPW

M.T.A
Yeah, I think Sonic will get an echo via Shadow and an original since he's been around for so long and his unique relationship with Mario. My money is on Eggman though rather than Tails. With Chrom also being far more deviant than Roy, I hope this means Shadow will be more like Chrom than like Daisy.
I wonder if Shadow will borrow from Mewtwo, like his Up special for teleportation. That's something he does ALL the time.

Chaos Spear could borrow elements from Lucas' PK Fire perhaps.

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
Hmmm

So we have a DBZ reference in the trailer,

Namco are helping to develop the game who own the rights to Goku.

Goku is one of the most requested characters in smash history.

It's happening I'm boarding the Goku4Smash hype train starting today
Where was this DBZ reference?

WaxPython

Smash Ace
being above bayonetta isnt a good thing. outside of cloud no character in smash history starts offense with dair. she can duck the best zoning tool he has.
grab? he doesnt have a command grab as far as i saw.

chrome may be a bigger issue. its roy without a bad mechanic attached. that could be an issue.
No one outside of cloud and the Belmonts.

I know 99% of the time being above Bayonetta is asking for it but take another look at the belmonts Down Air looks really broken.

The acts of the axe, and AOE denial of holy water plus the cross should mean the Belmonts have a better neutral game than her.

I am also under the impression going by the Sakurai shook his head stories that Bayonetta will be subject to more needs in the final build.

Mr. Game + Watch

Smash Apprentice
84 stages where shown on the stage selection screen that means 19 more stages still have yet to be shown to make 103

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Sakurai took us on another wild ride with this direct. I’m really excited that the DK series got some love this time around and K.Rool looks like a ton of fun. The other characters that got revealed are ones I don’t see myself playing a lot but I am happy their fans got their wish and my condolences to those that didn’t make the cut.

As for that blurred out mode that we briefly saw, I could see it being a melee style adventure mode. An SSE 2 would be a big stretch considering all the characters we have now and with likely a few more on the way. The mode could likely be a revamped All-Star or stage builder but that’s all the predictions I’ve got. It might get revealed at another Direct in the fall. My guess would be October to mid November.

Peridorito

Smash Journeyman
Holy **** that direct was amazing. Wasn't expecting so much new stuff. My most wanted characters weren't confirmed but they weren't disconfirmed either. The number of stages and songs is amazing, and the new modes look really cool. The only thing I wanted and didn't get is a new single player mode but there was a new mode teased... I'm really happy with this direct overall.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
"We plan to reveal every fighter before the game releases"

After rewatching the direct. Sakurai said that there are going to be no secret characters. Everyone, either ballot, recent, or Retro/WTF will be shown to everyone before the game comes out.

So we're definitley getting more newcomers being revealed soon.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Late reply but that was a really good direct! Only downsides were Ashely deconfirmation (F) and getting Marth's moveset in the game 4th time but overall there's so much to be excited about. Congrats again K. Rool supporters!
Chrom appears to be mostly based off of Roy and Ike though, so I wouldn't say he's really a fourth Marth.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I'm not so sure we're seeing Dixie in Ultimate.

The fact she wasn't revealed with K. Rool, echo or not seems strange.
Agree with this, honestly. People pointing out Dark Samus and Ridley being revealed separately, that was before the Richter precedent. But we'll see. The Chrom up-b change should at least warm more people up to the idea of a Dixie echo

CatTastic

Smash Apprentice
Well alright we got Castlevania and co! I liked how he kept the retro elements in. (still wish Classic Sonic was an option)

He ain't lyin, best Smash game yet!

Really happy for all you Ridley and Castlevania fans! Hope you dudes enjoy the game and have the time of your lives!

Someday I just hope Meowth finally gets his Payday..

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Super Mario RPG is probably the quintessential example of nostalgia for me.

In my heart I've stopped even remotely hoping for Geno... I need to leave this place before all of this dreadful dreaming causes my dormant wish to cross the sky again.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Please don't get my hopes up for Skull Kid. I would LOVE for him to be a playable character but, now that the Moon is an AT, what would his FS be?
Skull Kid might be one of the likeliest characters now. Assist Trophy changed to Moon (which wouldn't really fit with the new style of Final Smashes) and he had a Mii costume. It looks like the ballot had importance and I'm sure SK had a big following.
A Final Smash where the mask float away from SK and morphs into Majora's Wrath to whip the **** out of everyone would be dope.
Toon Link's FS is still missing, too, could be Fierce Deity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom