• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I think necrozma would like very weird scaled down, especially with Lunala and Solgaleo already being ATs, he would have to be smaller than both of them which doesn't make sense.
Necrozma in it's base form is a little under 8 feet tall, just above Mewtwo(6'7).
Only in his fused and True forms is he 15+ feet tall.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I knew we would get something on EVO.

Finally, the information drought is coming to an end!
Not sure if it counts or not...but **** it cause WE GETTING NEW SMASH INFO BAYBEEEEEE
F4B022D3-FC3A-4AA7-A198-4B1BB9DE4952.gif

TheFritzle

Smash Apprentice
I had a heart attack when I saw that, then calmed down to check if it was real and had a second one.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
With all this Pokemon talk, the idea of Tapu Koko has really grown on me:

-really unique design
-important in the games and anime
-could easily incorporate the other Tapus in its final smash

I dunno. In my opinion, Gen 7 had a lot of great Pokemon and not a lot of them would strike me as "bad choices." I'd even accept something like Alolan Meowth or Marowak at this point. All the starters were cool, same with most of the legendaries, and even most of the signature Totem and Kahuna Pokemon had great designs too. They would almost have to go out of their way to choose someone that most people didn't like.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Holy BALLS what a day to have off!

A Smash Direct in early August?! Just how massive is this game??

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But making sense and seeming obvious are two separate metrics. Pretty much every character has reasoning behind them which justifies their inclusion, but the same can't be said for how readily obvious their inclusion seemed to the fanbase, and that's what I'm on about.

I'm not talking about looking back to retroactively put the pieces together, or the fringe speculators who convince themselves a dark horse is obvious and end up lucking out, I'm talking about when people say "so and so was always obvious", which often is a falsehood, and is different than claiming so and so made sense.
I mean, I do still think there's a degree of subjectivity. It's one thing to say "I thought it was obvious" and another to say "everyone knew this was obvious."

For example, if Isabelle does indeed get in like Vergeben says, I'm definitely in the camp that will say it was an obvious addition because I've been touting her as the second most likely newcomer (after Inkling) since before the "Smash Switch" subsection even opened. That being said, obviously I wouldn't say everyone saw her as being obvious. Those are two different things.

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
So... if this thing does in fact have the menu shown off... Loz18 would be correct again and we'd have a real leaker to trust...

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
Finally the rumors, Vergeben talk and animosity can end!! Time to find out if the dude is telling the truth not that I flat out dint believe him or 100% believe him. Might even actually avoid the internet Tuesday.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Watch them reveal something else on top of the direct announcement

(Just kidding)

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
On the 8th? I'm actually going to have that day off for once! Reveal trailers are always a thousand times better live for that extra anticiptation.
I agree. Let’s talk about the best Smash ship and how it’s obviously Little Mac x Male!Wii Fit Trainer
Nah, it's got to be Wario x Jigglypuff. With their amazing air mobility and their shared ablilities to stretch out/deflate you can't convince me it isn't canon.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Smash Direct? Already? I wasn't expecting one until Halloween timeframe.

And I'm not too concerned if we don't get characters (but I'll do flips for Dovahkiin) - I want to know more about the game in general.

But this is really exciting! I want to see some fake leaks get CRUSHED!

Now I just need to see if I want to watch it at work, or just wait and get all of the updates that evening like I did for E3...

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Did Loz claim an August Nintendo Direct or an August Smash Direct? Or just a generic "Direct?"

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Man, Wednesday will be great, but at the same time it will be a nightmare for some people, because I'm sure we will get a new massive wave of disconfirmations.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Yoooo... A full Direct is WAY cooler than just a reveal. Fingers crossed for Elma, not gonna lie.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Hello all. I was catching up, but saw the actual announcement of a Direct and needed to skip to here. I honestly thought 4chan was pulling my leg.

I have one supposed leak detailing an August Smash Bros. direct
Direct somewhere in august, not entirely sure.
Smash Run will come back.
Thats all I know, peace.
Oh yeah, and I know that MANY people have said that King K. Rool is coming in, he is. Due to his popularity in Japan and the fact that we need more DK reps, Nintendo decided to do DK fans a favor and add K. Rool in.
There's also loz18's supposed leak, which seems to be more and more true as time goes on.

Why do I know a lot of supposed leaks are about to die.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Did Loz claim an August Nintendo Direct or an August Smash Direct? Or just a generic "Direct?"
He just said "direct" but he described it as going through the menus and the different modes including one mode where you'll unlock a majority of the characters

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
What could they possibly have to show us that warrants an entire Direct for Smash alone? Is it about to be newcomer heaven?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My prediction for character reveals

1) Isabelle
2) Simon Belmont
3) Gen 7 Pokemon

4) Geno

Last edited:

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
Connnnnnnngradulations! That was a great run for Melee!

In regards to the Direct, I thought it would be tomorrow.

edit to sound slightly better: I mean if we got a Direct at all, I meant. And I thought it would be a normal Direct, too.

Last edited:

blazefan519

Smash Ace
I find it funny how we were all about to shut down any EVO announcement at all, and then this just comes and blows us up in the face. I can't believe the drought will be over so soon.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
A SMASH BROS SPECIFIC DIRECT?? THAT'S BASICALLY WHAT E3 ALREADY WAS IMAGINE HOW MUCH STUFF WE'RE GONNA SEE OMG
Imagine it starts with another 60+ Character Montage.

"Everyone ELSE is here!"

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
There's also loz18's supposed leak, which seems to be more and more true as time goes on.

Why do I know a lot of supposed leaks are about to die.
What did loz18's leak claim again? Did he mention any characters?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
d-does anyone know how long it’s supposed to be at least???

Also Elma and Bandana Dee pls, and maybe a third one idc who tbh

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
So then, I'm pretty hyped to hopefully hear news about some of the modes for this Smash. And maybe a newcomer or two as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom