• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Evo's still going. We've just hit the Grand Finals now.

EDIT - SMASH DIRECT ON THE 8TH

Last edited:

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
Ooh, nice ship! What gen 7 pokemon would vergeben say they wouldn't have as a pet??
I think Vergeben would be against them having any of the traditional “buff” pokemon ie incineroar or buzzwole. It’s just overdoing the buff schtick. Anyways, we can count those two out of smash ultimate ://

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
"Because it's relevant to the story" is not a good reason as to why a Pokémon is likely.

That literally has not applied to how any of the Pokémon have gotten in Smash thus far, so why would that be a big deal now, especially when the chosen Pokémon from Gen. 7 would have been decided on before Sun/Moon were even public?
To be fair most pokemon games barely have a story, and when they do like in Black and White the focus is on the people not the pokemon, excluding major legendaries. Sun and Moon is pretty much the only game in the series where there's a pokemon that is actually important to the plot.

And how is it being public important for plot relevance? they had a plot planned out where nihilego was important way before the game came out.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Super Smash Bros Direct August 8, 2018

I ****in called the direct announcement heyyyy I was a day off but hey

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
SMASH BROS DIRECT IN 3 DAYS WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAT???!!!!?!:4alph::4alph::4alph:

Iridium

Smash Hero
So, are there any leaks that still have a chance of being verified? I want Simon Belmont so badly . . .

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Would Sakurai know the story enough to decide that by the time he made the project plan?
He surely had internal knowledge, and we know that when upcoming generations are coming he just pick a "Pokémon from G
New Generation" spot when he makes the project plan. He did so with Greninja.
If he picked said spot back in December 2015, I would say that the story for Sun and Moon, which came out less than a year after (and with that game having a big amount of cutscenes it had to be planned in a bigger advance than the average Pokémon story).

You're making the assumption that he would be told which Pokémon would have roles in the plot almost a full year before release as well as months before the public even knew the games were coming.

Instead of just being shown which Pokémon could fit as a fighter in Smash and what they are capable of, which is something Sakurai is on record in saying is important in picking a Pokémon fighter.
Let's just say that Buzzwole was chosen to be in Smash. Then why did Gamefreak made him a version exclusive? Why they didn't included him more to the plot if he was the chosen one for gaming's biggest crossover as that generation's rep? If the story was still up on the air they would have given him more time under the spotlight. Ash's Greninja wasn't planned from the start, it was created after it became such a popular Pokémon, and Smash undeniable had a role in increasing its reputation to the public eye.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The most RANDOM spot to put a direct announcement.

IN THE MIDDLE OF AN INTERMISSION IN SMASH MELEE RIGHT BEFORE GRAND FINALS

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I realize that they usually announce Directs really close to the day that they come out, but that was still completely unexpected!

Even better, I'm not working that morning!

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
EDIT: THE WHOLE SITE IS GOING SLOW RN, BECAUSE OF ALL THE TRAFFIC AND MY REPLY MESSED UP

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I knew we would get something on EVO.

Finally, the information drought is coming to an end!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Alternatively, imagine if after the Melee finals they flash "Nintendo Direct, August 9, 2018" on the screen instead of a formal announcement.

Disclaimer: no, I don't expect anything, but I still just think it'll be really cool if an announcement ended up attached to another game's announcement, or a direct was revealed.
I am the master of approximate fortune telling.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So those leakers who said an August direct was coming soon. Did they guess the date correctly?

The ones that had "credibility"?

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Ok, I think we're getting at least 2 or 3 character reveals, New fighter, echo, and maybe a third party like Simon Belmont.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom