• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Excuse me, what?

I played through all of Uprising and in no moment I recall that ever being a thing. Closest I can think of is Hades contemplating on eating Dark Pit's soul and disturbingly complimenting on how tasty and malleable it must be.
Chaos Kin couldn’t gain full control of Dark Pit like he easily could Palutena, her most likely also getting a cheapshot treatment Edgy Pit got from the Chaos Controller (there’s also the idols to take into account that talk about binding willpower)

I also decided to use her kidnapping and not fighting the likes of Medusa and Hades just because

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well, that's what I was largely getting at.

People have convinced themselves Decidueye is more likely than Incineroar or Primarina, but that's largely based on everything that's happened after the decision would have been made. It's not that Deci is suddenly unlikely, it's that the odds aren't necessarily stacked in his favor the way people interpret them to be.
Yeah, Gen 7 had enough plausible candidates with points in their favour that getting super invested in any one over the others seemed (still seems) an unwise maneuver. I lost interest a long time ago in those Gen 7 fights.

It will be interesting to see how a generation that's now winding down will be treated in Smash as opposed to one coming up, as is the usual case.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Update to Verge if it hasn't been said.

He claims it's also "not Mimkyu or Lycanroc either."
Link?

It’s Incineroar then? That small doubt, damn. I prepared for the possibility of Incineroar being our newcomer since he was also fairy pushed, that’s why I always pitted Lycanroc against Incineroar.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sure, I'll get around to it.

I do practice what I preach. Point me to where I was a hypocrit. Please. Calling out those who liked your post too. Where was I not practicing what I preached? You give me that, because I do genuinely want to know, and I will shut up right there. Unfortunely, no one ever ****ing does that. They just throw out blanket statements and then when I ask them to be specific they ignore me.

So, please, tell me where I am being a hypocrite. I am asking for it.

"I can guarantee that I've gotten more **** flung at me for even liking Waluigi even prior to his disconfirmation from Ultimate than the "few" Waluigi fans who were complete ******** to you."

Yeah, that's totally not a biased assumption to make or anything. :laugh: Glad we are having such a productive discussion.
Since you want me to point out your hypocrisy, here you ****in' go:
"You people." Wow man.
"You people." Pffft. I thought better of you.
>Focuses solely on the "you people" thing as if I said something offensive and put you in this specific group when I honestly wasn't meaning anything specific at all.

As a matter of fact, I'm the guy who keeps talking about how generalizing is a ****ty thing to do.
>Claims about how generalization is "a ****ty thing to do".

People like you make this thread unbearable sometimes. :glare:
>Goes right to generalizing me because apparently it's "ok" if you feel like you were generalized first.

And you were the one who wanted to ***** about how you were slighted by the "Waluigi boys" as if you deserved some pity party over a subject that doesn't even have ANYTHING to do with Waluigi.
When Waluigi fans like me get over 10 TIMES the slack from others wherever I ****ing GO just for even existing. Even worse now because of two puissants who thought it was a good idea to harass Sakurai on his Twitter and the fact Waluigi's absence is a meme.
So why should you get any sympathy just because some bad apples pissed in your Corn Flakes one morning when you pretty much label all Waluigi fans as being like that? And that's not being biased at all?
And no, no bull**** about "reading comprehension" will fly here.

So you want to be an arrogant smartass over this just because you're either incapable of putting the right point in words or you're trying to cover up your true meaning? Then just leave so "people like me" don't ruin your day.

Last edited by a moderator:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
i had to ftfy lad, the true best outcome for me
Buzzwole is actually my most wanted Pokemon choice. I’ve posted his concept art in this thread before but man look at it. He almost looks like he was designed to be a smash bros. character!
5EE647D2-A3A8-4446-B8C0-3502F07EA85B.jpeg

5 & 6 look like a possible aerial command grab with a life leech effect.
7 is an obvious taunt
8 could be a power up move
9 is forward smash
11 & 12 is grab and pummel

There’s a small glimmer of hope inside me that Sakurai saw this awesome concept design and decided to go with it.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
What is with this man's ambiguity? If he's certain what characters AREN'T getting in, why should he not know who it IS?

*sigh* I need to remember my own motto...
"Taxes are for dweebs?"

Sorry, had to

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
What is with this man's ambiguity? If he's certain what characters AREN'T getting in, why should he not know who it IS?

*sigh* I need to remember my own motto...
Reminding me an awful lot of "riddle" leakers. He's turning it into a guessing game for his own amusement.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

blackghost

Smash Champion
to move away from topic of leaks and likehood of characters,
did anyone notice anything in that gameplay from smUsh today? i saw a few things that suggest Pikachu will be strong but it was such a mess it was hard to learn anything.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Reminding me an awful lot of "riddle" leakers. He's turning it into a guessing game for his own amusement.
For his own amusement, and to increase the attention people give him.

Also, me making a "Yoshi committed Tax Fraud" joke is pretty ironic, considering I live in Jersey, one of the most infamous tax havens in the world.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Could easily be Tapu Koko.

He's pretty major in the plot and was promoted a lot.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
As much as I'd love any info that makes Buzzwole more likely, I still think verg is full of garbage.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
I'm holding out for an Ultra Beast if we even get a Pokemon from Gen 7. (Buzzwole ftw.) It'd definitely be a nice change of pace and there's a lot of fun/weird potential there.

blazefan519

Smash Ace

So it's most likely Incineroar then. Even so, why would he not just say who it is instead of who it's not? Why is it in this particular instance is he suddenly being cryptic and vague?

D

Deleted member

Lool, you are right!
Wow, your signature is awesome.
I know. Vaan is also a really good sculptor and he understands a lot about Disney.
VERGE, IF YOU ARE TAKING ME FOR A RIDE HERE, I SWEAR TO ALL RELIGIONS' DEITIES THAT I'M GONNA BE
View attachment 155592

-clears throat-
I know how you feel.
Verge just wants to satisfy himself by gaining all the attention for himself.

Last edited by a moderator:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
RIP my intrest in the Pokémon newcomer, it's either Incineroar or Buzzwole, neither of which I like. Compare that to my 3rd favorite Pokémon, Decidueye.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

Incineroar or Gengar now

GIMME MY GHOST POKEMON ALREADY
And to give us a headache over who the next fighter is gonna be. Next thing we know, there's gonna be 2843958 arguments made in the thread related to how this Pokemon is getting in Smash vs that Pokemon

**** it, gimme Gengar and I'll be fine with whoever we get

D

Deleted member

Could easily be Tapu Koko.

He's pretty major in the plot and was promoted a lot.
Eh, not really when it comes to the timeline on when a Pokémon would be added.

Literally no Pokémon would have had promotion from Gen 7 yet, and plot importance wouldn't have happened yet either....

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Now I want a poll between Buzzwole and Incineroar for the Gen 7 spot. :p I don't believe Verg and I never will but it's fun to think my boy has a shot.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I don’t even play Pokémon, but I just want Buzzwole because he looks cool and his name is awesome. Bonus points if he’s a grappler.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I had to check out some Chaos Kin Idol stuff after seeing someone state :ultdarkpit: has stronger willpower than :ultpalutena: (and by default, so does :ultpit:), and it states
The Chaos Kin binds Palutena to its will, manipulating her form like a foul puppet
There’s also
The Chaos Kin's unfathomable magic allows it to survive even being burned to ash. In this state, only possessing Dark Pit could restore it to its full power. But Pit's selfless rescue banishes the evil creature into the Chaos Vortex.
That plus her being kidnapped by Medusa (and also not even bothering to try and fight someone like Hades...and her not being able to do much without Pit) questions how she rules anything still

Is Pit both, Pittoo willpower, and Palutena beefy?
Had to go and recheck the Idols.

The Chaos Kin's idol states that the power it possess may surpass gods.
So to be fair, she pretty much was at a disadvantage there by said simple fact. And while admittedly only speculation from my part, I always took it as in that he was a close being with a soul, admittedly must be a powerful one due to all the things Pit has been can do, but I personally don't find that it was a necessary factor
for it to try to possess him to restore itself that it had to be a better soul than the one it possessed.

But yeah, it is not stated that Pit and Dark Pit's souls are stronger than hers. Maybe they are more pure and with more willpower, if judging by Pit's naivety and selflessness in some cases, but nothing about power is said. And I don't think the way she rules, even if having questionable decisions, meassures how strong her soul is.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Eh, not really when it comes to the timeline on when a Pokémon would be added.

Literally no Pokémon would have had promotion from Gen 7 yet, and plot importance wouldn't have happened yet either....
Id argue plot importance does. It means they picked a Pokemon, ahead of time, to focus on.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I feel like I'm very much in the minority when I say this but if we get an ultra beast I hope it's Nihilego, I love it's design, the typing is cool and it's definitely the most plot important one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom