• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Another thing about Pokemon: We're getting three cut veterans back from that series.
Did someone forget that Fire Emblem got a cut veteran to return (Roy) along with newcomers (Robin, Lucina, Corrin) in Wii U/3DS?

Enchess

Smash Lord
hey at least Verg is giving us topics to discuss

certainly more productive than what was going on prior to E3
Maybe I'm approaching this wrong... Verg, if you're listening, please 'leak' Mio or Isaac so this thread will talk about Fatal Frame or Golden Sun instead of Pokemon.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Mewtwo also stands when not moving.

I guess my perspective is that a Tapu would look rather odd if it were floating that close to the ground so it wasn’t immune to down tilts. I will concede it could be a solution though :D
Mewtwo isn't standing, it's still floating above the ground. I get what you're saying, as you mean their animation, not them literally touching the ground, but it doesn't much matter to begin with anyway. These things aren't really issues with fighting games. It won't cause issues for tilts, animations, or make it immune to down tilts either way, so the only balance issues that could come up are literally nonexistent. Tapu Koko would clearly be floating, but also could perhaps be good at dodging due to this, which would make it harder to KO than some characters.

Now with its design, I can see needing more creativity to make a really fun moveset, and that might make it a little more difficult. It's not super obvious design-wise in how to make it fight. The body shape, etc. Some just work better than others, though it doesn't mean that a character with a simpler body shape will get in over one with an odd body shape either. It just means one is easier to imagine with a moveset, which can sometimes be the thing that wins it out. Not sure if there's any real examples to use. I guess Greninja could kind of count? But considering Delphox and Chesnaught have good body shapes too, eh.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Did someone forget that Fire Emblem got a cut veteran to return (Roy) along with newcomers (Robin, Lucina, Corrin) in Wii U/3DS?
FE got one veteran back. Pokemon will be getting three. Plus, one of those FE newcomers was a last minute clone and another was DLC.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Had to go and recheck the Idols.

The Chaos Kin's idol states that the power it possess may surpass gods.
So to be fair, she pretty much was at a disadvantage there by said simple fact. And while admittedly only speculation from my part, I always took it as in that he was a close being with a soul, admittedly must be a powerful one due to all the things Pit has been can do, but I personally don't find that it was a necessary factor
for it to try to possess him to restore itself that it had to be a better soul than the one it possessed.

But yeah, it is not stated that Pit and Dark Pit's souls are stronger than hers. Maybe they are more pure and with more willpower, if judging by Pit's naivety and selflessness in some cases, but nothing about power is said. And I don't think the way she rules, even if having questionable decisions, meassures how strong her soul is.
Even with everything and every God Pit has surpassed (including the ring), he still isn’t as powerful as a God is (unfortunately), and Chaos Kin seems more like a thing that is only powerful due to draining the life and power of gods or atleast those stronger than it is
(explaining why it would’ve gained full power through Pittoo, especially without much power within the drained Palutena, wasn’t near Pit, and could gain unlimited flying)
. Kinda makes her claim of “whatever an angel can do, a goddess can do better” somewhat ironic

Their souls might not be stronger, but the willpower they possess separately and combined are superior to hers...also the questioning of how she can lead is more of a weird observation (especially when compared to Viridi, who loves her army like children and has them all trained for battle)

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Mewtwo also stands when not moving.

I guess my perspective is that a Tapu would look rather odd if it were floating that close to the ground so it wasn’t immune to down tilts. I will concede it could be a solution though :D
When Mewtwo/Rosa floats though, they still aren't immune to down tilts. So if Koko were that high, it shouldn't be an issue.

Though with the arm/wing things it has, it might look kind of off proportionally as the actual body would be higher off the ground.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
THANK YOU VERGE! I'm so glad we might be getting a much more interesting Pokemon character.
Mate, the dude isn't making the game. He isn't even leaking information in a straightforward way. What exactly is there to thank him for?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
FE got one veteran back. Pokemon will be getting three. Plus, one of those FE newcomers was a last minute clone and another was DLC.
Still the point bruh: Cut veteran and newcomers

And does it really matter about the number of how many cuts/newcomers for a series? Because the numbers is a really poor argument

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Well, I guess if Verge is right it comes down to Tapu Koko vs. Incineroar. Between them I'd prefer Tapu Koko, but it does feel more like Incineroar's being set up to be the winner.

Then again, Verge could just be wrong and we end up with one of the others after all.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Well, I guess if Verge is right it comes down to Tapu Koko vs. Incineroar. Between them I'd prefer Tapu Koko, but it does feel more like Incineroar's being set up to be the winner.

Then again, Verge could just be wrong and we end up with one of the others after all.
Wait for it to be another Gen One Pokemon so the non-Gen 1 fans throw a fit

Classic

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I find it kinda funny that people on here turned on Verge the moment he said ''Decidueye isn't in."

Before a lot of you were all ''SIMON IS COMING. VERGE IS RIGHT! VERGE VERGE VERGE."

What changed? :troll:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I find it kinda funny that people on here turned on Verge the moment he said ''Decidueye isn't in."

Before a lot of you were all ''SIMON IS COMING. VERGE IS RIGHT! VERGE VERGE VERGE."

People just don't want Incineroar to be playable, I guess.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Obviously fake/****post leaks that take away from the discussion are not allowed
Guys, Vergebenandjerry's just contacted me and gave me the hot scoops.

He said that the Gen 7 Pokemon is, in fact, Alolan Muk. Sakurai was apparently eating rainbow colored ice cream during development and he loved it so much that he wanted to include something similar in Smash.

I hope you're all happy.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Everything's fine and dandy when you have the most bland, predictable outcomes, maybe even a classic character. You can't necessarily deny its credibility, because they're vaguely up there as is.
But the moment you say a decently sized supported character isn't in:

RandomAce

Smash Champion

Denial, Fisher.

This is me right now.

After hearing that Lycanroc is almost deconfirmed, I made a complete 180 and stopped supporting him.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Jesus Christ I leave for three hours and y'all managed to go heckin' insane on each other. Who is selling the crazy pills in this joint? I skipped like 5 pages because I got bored of the arguments, so... did I miss anything else important?

Thoughts on Vergeben stuff: Sad if tru.

Starbound

Just as food for thought:

When Greninja was announced for Smash 4, it didn't even have a support thread on SmashBoards. I remember everyone went looking for one to congratulate the supporters after the Smash Direct, only to find there was no supporters to be found.

Pokemon characters are so hard to predict and this is totally another example as to why.

Enchess

Smash Lord
I honestly always wanted to see Steelix on pokken only to see how they could make it work. let's face it... it would been amazing.

Still, The best Serpent pokemon isnt even Poison.
I would be mad, but even I have to admit Milotic is a cooler serpent than Ekans. (I'm just gonna retreat to my happy imagination land where Snivy line doesn't exist and we got Chikorita a second time instead)

Starbound

Jesus Christ I leave for three hours and y'all managed to go heckin' insane on each other. Who is selling the crazy pills in this joint? I skipped like 5 pages because I got bored of the arguments, so... did I miss anything else important?

You literally just missed Vergeben stuff.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Obviously fake/****post leaks that take away from the discussion are not allowed

He said that the Gen 7 Pokemon is, in fact, Alolan Muk. Sakurai was apparently eating rainbow colored ice cream during development and he loved it so much that he wanted to include something similar in Smash.

I hope you're all happy.
That's interesting.

I was also just contacted by Vengabus, who said there was a new item in Smash Bros.: "Crate of Sea-Salt Ice-Cream".

When picked up, all fighters declare a truce and climb to the top of a clocktower to enjoy it together.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I love that Verge just apparently said ''****. I'll just implode in on myself."

The popcorn is fresh and it's delicious.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Denial, Fisher.

This is me right now.

After hearing that Lycanroc is almost deconfirmed, I made a complete 180 and stopped supporting him.
well lets be fair here he was pretty much "almost deconfirmed" from the start

I hope you're all happy.
OH BABY. IT'S REAL
:088::089: REVERSELY NAMED INNUENDO HOURS :089::088:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
When it was just Simon, I wanted verge to be right. Now that Decidueye is deconfirmed, I don’t. That said, he’s no less potentially legitimate than he was before.

Starbound

Oh god, and it's Incineroar's day on RTC in a few days too.

If we don't get a reveal by then, I am predicting some crazy inflated scores due to Verge.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

All you missed was a cluster**** everyone missing each other's points, misconstruing each other's words, and just generally being conflicted over the present situation.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Okay, legitimate question. Did Simon seem incredibly likely before leaks started sprouting up? Or is it just a "Yeah, it's an obvious choice." thing now that Verge said it and he hasn't been "wrong" yet?

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
all this conversation made me want that pokken was a more fun game that still got DLC, so we could dump all those amazing pokemons that arent going to be in smash bros there ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom