• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
HOLY KREMLINGS THAT'S PRETTY!

I'm not gonna believe a single still image, but... wow. If that's fake it's the best looking fake leak so far
Whoa hey, it's TheDukeofDorks! I've been on a SourceGaming video kick lately and they're good stuff. You guys keep up the good work!

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
How old is your iPad?

Certain sites, if their permissions are too up-to-date, break or are otherwise inaccessible to older Browsers.

Learned the hard way from my Wii U (I was in the same boat as @Cutie Gwen for a while, needing to use my Wii U to access certain sites because I lacked access to my laptop) and my Phone (an old Blackberry).

Wikia breaks on Wii U, for the record, and you can't access "vignette.wikia.nocookie" which means the images don't show up.

It probably has something to do with HTML5, if I had to guess.
Yeah you're probably right, it doesn't do it very often so it's not a big deal, especially in this case since the leak was practically busted instantly

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
As much as I browse these boards and find tackling leaks fun, I do legitimately hope nothing concrete actually leaks from the game. If some random, incomplete text leak comes true, then whatevs, it had nothing substantial so it's a surprise regardless.

But if some jerk goes out of their way to ruin all the effort that Sakurai and his team have put into truly surprising fans to make them as happy as possible, I'll be one grumpy camper. Sakurai doesn't ALWAYS do the very best thing (praise tripping), but the man's insane work ethic and visionary capabilities put him in the top echelon of not just game designers, but artistic minds in general, and I hope that on this, truly his greatest undertaking yet, that he can deliver and bring out the most possible hype from the community. It would honestly break my heart to see him disappointed this time.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Thinking of why it was pulled down everywhere but the Japanese blog, my first thought was translation error, but I'm comparing the translation and the Japanese and it's accurate.

I'm putting my money on it being something irrelevant.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Thinking of why it was pulled down everywhere but the Japanese blog, my first thought was translation error, but I'm comparing the translation and the Japanese and it's accurate.

Like I said, replacing Meta Knight and Roy with Yoshi and Luigi would not surprise me. They're ALWAYS the butt-monkeys

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Random character discussion:

If Kunio got in (from all the Kunio-kun games. The most known being River City Ransom) would you have a positive or negative reaction?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It is strange. There's a clear bias to it. You'd think K. Rool would show up just to crash every DK introduction of Smash.
I think it's because Miyamoto isn't fond of Rare because he's kinda like that about them.
Wasn't the "Miyamoto doesn't like DKC ('cause graphics)" thing a misconception?
Dark Pit doesn’t really work as any kind of antagonist compared to his simple Vegeta like role as he never really does anything evil (closest thing is trying to be better than Pit, which is more of a Vegeta hero thing than a villain)
Yeah... but there's some other things like the whole "trying to get away from Rare DK with DK Jungle Beat" and the fact that DK on the box art is Miyamoto's DK and not Rare DK
I think it's mostly due to Japanese culture in general preferring the heroes (with Gundam being the main huge exception), for power fantasy reasons. Seriously, for instance, have you ever noticed how little merch the Super Sentai villains get? It took so many games to get Ridley in here, simply because Metroid gets more support by Western audiences.

Like the staff being lazy?

If Kunio got in (from all the Kunio-kun games. The most known being River City Ransom) would you have a positive or negative reaction?
Positive. Who wouldn't want to make opponents go BARF?

Last edited:

FurretBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FurretBro
Actually... the other Lonker's aren't the OP...

and I did a reverse google image search on that first pic to see if it is used... it's.... not
They could've cropped the image. That works, doesn't it?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It's not on the Japanese site...does anyone else see it on the Japanese site?
1533002681455.png
I've hard refreshed dozens of times- it's also on the Japanese Smash twitter if you're so skeptical, haha.

I was half-joking
Well duh, but I still wanted to respond to the notion of them taking it down to change the image.

Last edited:

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman

Hmm, you mean Alex...or Ryan, I dunno, I would still be more to say less than ecstatic. But I guess fun to use.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think it's mostly due to Japanese culture in general preferring the heroes (with Gundam being the main huge exception), for power fantasy reasons. Seriously, for instance, have you ever noticed how little merch the Super Sentai villains get? It took so many games to get Ridley in here, simply because Metroid gets more support by Western audiences.

Seems like the best a villain in Japan can hope for is becoming a highly antagonistic rival (see Vegeta) whereas in the west villains are put up on a pedestal of being the integral character to the story, in spite of Marvel showing us you can build a franchise of fighting villains with the personality of used dishwater water.

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
Mid to Late. It WILL focus on the online service.
Yeah, I think at this point they need to get more information out about it. That's why I feel like a Direct is imminent; nothing to do with leaks, I just think it's sensible.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Wait...why am I quoted about King K Rool?

Untouch

Smash Master
I wonder if one of the PR guys was just being cheeky and that wasn't what the blog post was supposed to be.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I've hard refreshed dozens of times- it's also on the Japanese Smash twitter if you're so skeptical, haha.

Well duh, but I still wanted to respond to the notion of them taking it down to change the image.
Well it being on the Twitter basically negates any meaning of them removing it from the site, probably just an accident. Not sure why it's not showing up for me though :/

RandomAce

Smash Champion

Hey at least we get something sort of new.

Like Mushroomy Kingdom from a clearer view.

And Roy and Meta Knight doing something we haven’t seen them do yet (like air dodging and getting hit).

Also they look clean as hell here. It comes to show how much progress the team has been making after making the fighter videos which was probably about 3-5 months ago.

I’m confident that the final product will be great, and here’s hoping for a lot of new content down the line.

Last edited:

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Hey at least we get something sort of new.

Like Mushroomy Kingdom from a clearer view.

And Roy and Meta Knight doing something we haven’t seen them do yet (like air dodging and getting hit).

Also they look clean as hell here. It comes to show how much progress the team has been making after making the fighter videos which was probably about 3-5 months ago.

I’m confident that the final product will be great, and here’s hoping for a lot of new content down the line.
Tomorrow's Tuesday, so we'll most likely get a new song preview.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

What is that thing that looks like a mask with eyes on the bottom right of the blast in the 2nd image? Or is it just me.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I still really want to see Mushroomy Kingdom 1-2.

That was one of my favorite Brawl stages.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Wow, that fort looks cleeeeean. Well, not literally, but you know what I mean. This game's graphics are so good. It's amazing how lackluster Smash 4 looks by comparison, haha.
I still love this stage because of the implication.
Post-apocalyptic things are my favorite.
It looks really pretty this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom