• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
Huh, :ultfalcon: is here like last time when he fought :ultrobin&:ultlucina: during that trailer.

Means NOTHING at all but its funny, welp if we get something on the 27th, cool.
Captain Falcon fights Celica and Alm in a new trailer tommorow and those are the last remaining newcomers. “Don’t Ask Me For Anything Ever Again.”

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
What's Klefki gonna do? Jangle me to death?
Klefki will key your car... or other motor vehicle.

:ultwario:: Hey! Who keyed my Bike!? This thing is expensive! Was it you, Mario!?
Klefki: Tee hee hee.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
That does not make any sense at all. If there were any echo of Isabelle, it would Digby:

no no no i'm on something completely different

I'm saying include Isabelle as an Echo of Villager, and then make all of her alts various other animal crossing characters, similar to Bowser Jr's alternative costumes

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I shall create a moveset for my favorite 'mon - Chaaaaarb-Arbok.

Theme: Status effects increase damage, stage control
When poisoned, Arbok uses Facade constantly to deal more damage!

Neutral B: Poison Sting (projectile, works similar to Sheik's Needles - poison effect)
Side B: Acid Spray (gives poison status effect which harms slowly with noticeable slowdown. )
Up B: Roll - Arbok rolls with a multi-hit hitbox in a upwards trajectory. Does not have much distance.
Down B: Dig (capable of moving underground for a very brief period of time)

Grab: Holds you like a proper snake with its body. Pummel is bites similar to Bowser's old Koopa Claw and gives poison effect.
Jab: Poison Jab - one hit move, gives poison status effect,

U-throw: throws you forward with its tails
D-throw: pummels you into the ground with its tail, with ground effect
F-throw: tosses away with tail
B-throw: spins around and tosses away with tail

Walk: Moves like in the anime
Run: Moves like a snake on the ground
Dash attack: Tackle - lunges forward like a proper serpent

D-tilt: uses its long tail to trip
F-tilt: headbutts
u-tilt: uses tail in an arc

f-smash: fully charged releases Gunk Shot which gives a status effect and works as a projectile of sorts. Uncharged is Arbok charging its head at you for a quick headbutt.
d-smash: extends entire body similar to Falco/Fox's d-smash but with more range due to hitboxes
u-smash: uses tail to strike upwards

Final Smash: Sludge Wave - covers the entire zone with poisonous toxic that unleashes a grounded tornado of sorts. If anyone survives, they are poisoned.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
even better: why not more popular characters to go on top of the Isabelle echo

Like, I'm dead serious about this. We got the Koopalings and I think doing the same thing with Animal Crossing characters would be fantastic.
Still think isabelle has a good chance to be unique on her own, but I'll give your idea a shot.

- Isabelle (default)
- Isabelle (alt costume)
- Digby
- Rover
- Mabel
- Sabel
- Lottie
- Kicks

Nook is already a final smash, Cyrus and Reese are a bit too tall, Blathers and Celeste are a bit too wide, and K.K already has a good gig playing on Saturday.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Captain Falcon fights Celica and Alm in a new trailer tommorow and those are the last remaining newcomers. “Don’t Ask Me For Anything Ever Again.”
Celica and Alm? Boy, that be awesome ;)

Everyone keeps saying the blog is only old information so far, but all of the music has been new. Music is an instrumental part of Smash.
Music is amazing, but I really want to see new Assist Trophies just to see who didn't make it tbh

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
What's Klefki gonna do? Jangle me to death?
I've thought about it for a bit, and it's not complete, but I have some ideas.

Up-Smash: Klefkli does a backflip, and its keys act as a multihit attack. It's sort of an oblong circle shape, so it covers a lot of ground. It's kinda like Nu-13 and Vatista's uppercut attacks in Blazblue and Under Night.

Side-Smash: A dual hit attack. Klefki rams its head into the opponent, and then twists it, making a sort of unlocking motion. The unlocking-twist portion of the move is strong on shields.

Up-Tilt: Klefki unclasps its bottom ring and raises its keys up above it in such a way that they act like spikes.

Down-Tilt: Klefki thrusts one of its keys outward to hit the opponent.

Neutral B: Flash Cannon. Klefki charges up a metallic bean and fires it. Similar to Thoron, but it can be angled slightly, and it is always a beam shaped attack. The beam is thicker depending on the charge.

Side B: Foul Play. A move that Klefki has where it charges at the foe full force. If the opponent attacks Klefki while it is using Foul Play, Klefki powers through it with super armor and moves behind them, dealing the exact amount of damage that they dealt it. If the move is used too many times in a row, the distance and timing of the attack is shortened drastically.

Up-B: Magnet Rise. Klefki manipulates the power of magnetism to create a magnetic field around itself, causing it to rise. This move has a minor electric effect around it. If Klefki uses this close to an opponent and they get caught in the electric field, they'll rise with it.

Down B: Reflect. Klefki can use this move to lower the amount of damage direct attacks do for a short period of time. Once this move is used up, it takes a while to recharge. This move also has a long start up animation where Klefki is forming the reflect barrier around itself. If it is attacked during this time, the barrier will break, and Klefki will need to wait before trying to use the move again.
You know what? I think I'll finish the moveset after, what, almost five years? I'll share it when I'm done.
I'm interested in seeing your take on this. Klefki is one of my favorite Gen 6 Pokemon, I've always been interested in a moveset for it.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Celica and Alm? Boy, that be awesome ;)

Music is amazing, but I really want to see new Assist Trophies just to see who didn't make it tbh
I would take anything not in the demo or at E3. Even an assist trophy of smash past.

Roberk

Smash Champion
People won’t ask for anything ever again, they’ll be dead from the salt overdose.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
While we're on the topic of Pokémon movesets, figure I'd mention I'm working on a Decidueye one. Really only have the specials down, but It'll be unique.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
I would take anything not in the demo or at E3. Even an assist trophy of smash past.
Wouldn't mind seeing blog post in which they unveil new costumes for other characters like they did with Mario at the E3 event (That's something we haven't seen in a while and there some other character's who could use an alternate outfit that never got one)!

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I wonder if starting with no videos uploaded on the character pages would've been better for hype, and having those be the exciting part of each character getting a blog post. So all the screenshots would be there from the start but the videos would trickle in.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I wonder if starting with no videos uploaded on the character pages would've been better for hype, and having those be the exciting part of each character getting a blog post. So all the screenshots would be there from the start but the videos would trickle in.
Yup.
Then we coulda had more speculation on that, but uhh

We kinda spent all our cash early.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
they're stalling for time so hard and i'm just seeing how long they can get away with rehashing demo stuff
Still think isabelle has a good chance to be unique on her own, but I'll give your idea a shot.

- Isabelle (default)
- Isabelle (alt costume)
- Digby
- Rover
- Mabel
- Sabel
- Lottie
- Kicks

Nook is already a final smash, Cyrus and Reese are a bit too tall, Blathers and Celeste are a bit too wide, and K.K already has a good gig playing on Saturday.
Even if Isabelle was unique, I think the idea of appealing to even more AC fans at once definitely has its merit

also dig the list

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
December 7 isn't that long of a wait, and we'll know everything then anyway. I really appreciate how much less effort it is to keep up with things this way; we got all that info up front and a clear, reasonably close, date. What more do we really need?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
December 7 isn't that long of a wait, and we'll know everything then anyway. I really appreciate how much less effort it is to keep up with things this way; we got all that info up front and a clear, reasonably close, date. What more do we really need?
Something interesting to talk about, lol

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I know everyone else just wants something new to talk about (and I'm not opposed to that) even if it's small, but I think the big concern I have is selling people on this game. Like, there's no way they're gonna go completely dark for the next four months when they have to,

1) Sell this game. This and Pokemon: Let's Go are their two only big system sellers this year.
2) Sell people on Switch's online. That's coming freakishly soon, so even if they avoid any content announcements, they have to start discussing this (or at least, it's in their best business interest)

(also hey AA normally I wouldn't do this but I was wondering if ya noticed the message I sent. :D)

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Pokemon movesets? Aw hell yeah!

Allow me to show you my moveset for the best Pokemon of all time.
Poipole!

Nuetral A: Whips it's tail back and forth

Up tilt: throws it's tail upwards

Down tilt: whips it's tail in front of it

Nuetral B: Gunk Shot. Poipole sprays a sticky adhesive on to enemies. It does low damage and doesn't knockback but it sticks to the opponent for a short time and steadily does damage, like Pikmin.

Side B: Sludge Wave: Poipole charges forth while engulfed in poison.

Up B: Dragon Pulse. Poipole turns upside down and fires a dragon pulse from it's stinger to rocket itself upwards.

Down B: Fell Stinger. Poipole slams downwards stinger first at incredibly high speeds. If the move lands the damage is great but if it misses Poipole gets lodged in the ground. You have to time it right.

Up Smash: Poipole squats down and headbutts upwards.

Side Smash: Poipole slams it's huge head forwards.

Down Smash: Poipole sweeps it's long tail left and right.

Final Smash: Ultra Lazer. Several Ultra Wormholes open around the stage. Poipole fires a huge lazer into one of the wormholes and it comes through all the other portals, pulsing and moving back and forth like a deadly light show. Once everyone's dead, Poipole giggles.

Up Taunt: Poipole cackles wildly.
Side Taunt: Poipole curiously looks around.
Down Taunt: Poipole spins upside down while giggling creepily.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
Not gonna lie, I'd love Rouge. XD

I think Amy is the most likely female Sonic character, I just think she isn't getting in before the aforementioned three.

It's funny how the spinoff Amy Roses (mainly STC and Boom) are way, way better than the official one.
Have you seen IDW Amy recently? She’s pretty dope.

Like it’s not just Amy, Sonic Team can’t write for ****. Mania is such a breath of fresh air.

KMDP

Smash Legend
i wonder if ridly will overtake bayonetta
It's... unlikely.

Bayonetta is a character specifically designed for racking up combos (for good or ill), and Ridley is a character with a large hitbox, and characters with large hitboxes are the easiest to combo.

prowler12

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-7518-9066-3502
It's... unlikely.

Bayonetta is a character specifically designed for racking up combos (for good or ill), and Ridley is a character with a large hitbox, and characters with large hitboxes are the easiest to combo.
true but bayo will have a counter

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
>more fire emblem even though most people not familiar with it are sick of it
>"don't ask me for anything ever again"

You say that like oversaturation is the punishment for asking things. :smirk:

Noipoi

Howdy!

Like it’s not just Amy, Sonic Team can’t write for ****. Mania is such a breath of fresh air.
Sonic Team can't write? Are you telling you don't adore powerful lines like-
"Green Hill Zone? More like Sand Hill Zone!"

Or guffaw at comedic genius like-
"Hey buddy! It's been generations since iv'e seen you!"

Clearly you have no taste./s

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
true but bayo will have a counter
I doubt that counter character would be Ridley.

Funnily enough the badass STC Amy was a result of executive meddling. XD

One of the editors wanted her to be a "good role model for girls", leading to her characterisation. Originally they were going to give her a personality similar to the one Amy got in the Adventure games onwards.

Whether STC Amy's character is good or not is a matter of debate.

KMDP

Smash Legend
i know but i think bayo will have a counter
It's a good question, actually.

What kind of character would act as a good counter for Bayonetta's playstyle?

Not being super huge into competitive and the nitty-gritty of character design, I wouldn't be able to answer the question.

(EDIT: Note, "Bayonetta herself"/"Jeanne" is not the right answer. XD)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom