• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Sorry Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa , that was negligent of me. I'll give a proper response in a minute.

And yeah they do have to sell this game, but the time to sell this game isn't in late July/August when they have a December release. Honestly if I were their marketing executive, not that I'm qualified at all, but my suggestion would be to hold off on any major reveals at all until late October as in "if one of the newcomers we haven't seen fits a Halloween theme, show him then" and then I'd double up with another very long direct right about in the middle of November just before the Christmas shopping wave that shows everything you want to show pre-release with a pre-download option hitting the eshop the minute that direct ends. They've already hyped the community to the maximum, and for anyone sitting around agonizing about wanting even more information they don't really need to worry as those people are 100% guaranteed sales anyway. In the meantime they'll continue to cart the E3 demo to a variety of events which is actually a really substantial demo (30 characters in a demo! It's crazy actually) that is their pitch to sell this game to the competitive community (both the 4 community and the Melee community I'd note) and further inspires those competitive players to record and buzz about it and basically produce free marketing and promotion for them the entire time.

Maybe they'll feel more "generous" and share more earlier, but they have no incentive to satisfy our short term curiosity. We do have an almost literal mountain of demo footage available on youtube though so there's really no shortage of things to talk about. I could come up with maybe a dozen long/contentious discussion points just from the frame data we've gleaned from that alone. For instance, "Other than landing lag which applies to everyone, Ganondorf is actually on average even slower in Ultimate than in Smash 4 (though it's close). Do we really believe he can be a good character?". There's a topic I'm sure could inspire plenty of strong feelings and long discussions, and it's really just the surface.

It's my understanding smash 4 itself suggested the answer was Rosalina. There were just a lot more good Bayonetta players than good Rosalina players.

In general I'd point out that Bayonetta has "literally worse than Bowser" start-up on basically her entire moveset other than Witch Twist which has gotten a direct speed nerf in Ultimate. Any character that can make Bayonetta scared to pre-emptively press buttons and get really close to her in neutral should be a good candidate to threaten her thanks to that very significant change. That's not really the theory Rosalina uses at all, but it's an angle you could take.
I agree that it’s probably might be best to keep the reveals until much later (like October and November, September maybe if they have soemthing to tie in).

Though this is a speculation thread and we do want to discuss about some new things as well. Right now we have discuss about many things so it’s pretty dry right now, and there is so much about Ultimate that we don’t know.

If the reveals are left until October or November then there isn’t a point in coming here until around that time.

AND from a speculator standpoints, having reveals show up until much later is worrysome because it can indicate that there are literally very little newcomers for this iteration to around 2-4, unless Nintendo were to jam 8-10 newcomers into just a 2 month period and have a few unlockables, it may not be THAT likley.

There’s also the fact that there are some upcoming game releases around that time that can get overshadowed by the Smash News, which is also something to maybe consider.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Did you have part of their post highlighted when you hit "Quote"/"Reply"? That cuts off the unhighlighted parts of their post.
Gotcha. I ain't super worried about it anyways since I mostly wanted to articulate the main point which was "I agree, and I read your original post as "we don't need any new information until the game releases""

Which, to add to that note: I don't think we necessarily need new information, but it's in the marketing team's best interest to, at the very least, give us information on online.

RandomAce RandomAce We come here for the community - not much else. I'm honestly okay with that, and it seems like everyone else is too

(Though, I'm kinda here cause I'm the content manager of the front page, so...)

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
True, but we've gotten characters that were added before the public knew about them like Roy and Greninja. It all depends on when the concept for ARMS was made as well

And okay, I'll edit my posts now.
Well Roy was an easy clone to create, and Greninja was already from a series that was guaranteed to sell.

A brand new IP that is unknown to public with a character that may not even be likled might not be worth the risk back in 2016.

KMDP

Smash Legend
True, but we've gotten characters that were added before the public knew about them like Roy and Greninja. It all depends on when the concept for ARMS was made as well

And okay, I'll edit my posts now.
The difference between Roy and Greninja and Spring Man is that Fire Emblem and Pokémon were proven, well known franchises (even though FE hadn't left Japan) at the time; ARMS is a brand new IP and they wouldn't know if it would flop or be a one-hit wonder.

That and they were exceptions even then; Roy was an easy clone of Marth, and Sakurai specifically left a spot open for a Pokémon character in the Smash 4 Design Document, he was later given the character designs for Greninja and the rest is history.
EDIT: :ultgreninja:'d by RandomAce RandomAce .

Last edited:

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Well Roy was an easy clone to create, and Greninja was already from a series that was guaranteed to sell.

A brand new IP that is unknown to public with a character that may not even be likled might not be worth the risk back in 2016.
That is true. Though I do believe they have a good chance as DLC.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Gotcha. I ain't super worried about it anyways since I mostly wanted to articulate the main point which was "I agree, and I read your original post as "we don't need any new information until the game releases""

Which, to add to that note: I don't think we necessarily need new information, but it's in the marketing team's best interest to, at the very least, give us information on online.
RandomAce RandomAce We come here for the community - not much else. I'm honestly okay with that, and it seems like everyone else is too

(Though, I'm kinda here cause I'm the content manager of the front page, so...)
Well from my experience, I’m only here for Smash speculation, though it would be wonderful if anyone can show me places where I can just talk to other people about other things.

I’ve known a lot about people but it’s always intertwined with Smash Ultimate speculation.

That’s the general consensus most people have here.

If we get DLC, Rex and Pyra and Spring Man are the two likeliest and what comes to mind. They make sense, and I’d personally buy them of course.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
DLC yes, but Sakurai doesn't think about DLC until the game is close to release.

He might have kept some characters in mind for DLC: Spring Man, Rex & Pyra, characters who were made Assist Trophies but later turned out to be more popular than they thought (e.g. Waluigi and Lyn); but we can't know for sure.

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Well from my experience, I’m only here for Smash speculation, though it would be wonderful if anyone can show me places where I can just talk to other people about other things.

I’ve known a lot about people but it’s always intertwined with Smash Ultimate speculation.
OH so let me clarify what I meant

I meant that, even though there's no new information, we still have the community to chat with over smash speculation even without new information. And once the game is out (or, just any of the other games) we can all still play Smash games w/ each other!

Hope that makes sense :D

RandomAce

Smash Champion
OH so let me clarify what I meant

I meant that, even though there's no new information, we still have the community to chat with over smash speculation even without new information. And once the game is out (or, just any of the other games) we can all still play Smash games w/ each other!

Hope that makes sense :D
Oh! I see.

Hmm, are there usually thread where people can play against each other here though?

Im kind of a competitive Smash player and I’ll plan to do the same for this game. So hopefully if there are any good players here I can have a good time when the game is released. :)

Last edited:

blazefan519

Smash Ace
DLC yes, but Sakurai doesn't think about DLC until the game is close to release.

He might have kept some characters in mind for DLC: Spring Man, Rex & Pyra, characters who were made Assist Trophies but later turned out to be more popular than they thought (e.g. Waluigi and Lyn). But we can't know for sure.
Of course, that makes a lot of sense. Although I kinda doubt the assist change. With Waluigi he's seen as the face of assist trophies if we take a look back at the Smash Direct, he was seen as a plushie used for the transition and in Ultimate was the assist to show off the new KO mechanic. With Lyn, we've never seen Sakurai add an FE character from a non-recent game. All the FE Characters besides Marth have been added to promote their game along with their inclusion so unless we see Lyn in Three Houses, I'm doubtful. Just my opinion though.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Oh! I see.

Hmm, are there usually thread where people can play against each other here though?

Im kind of a competitive Smash player and I’ll plan to do the same for this game. So hopefully if there are any good players here I can have a good time when the game is released. :)
I think so! I'm not sure though. Just click around - we'll probably have one for Ult, and there's always Discord.

Plus once Ult comes out, we'll be brewing with a lot of talk and resources for MU's (match-ups), stages, and tons more!
Please, I'm a casual who mains Little Mac cause he's hot. Tiers are the farthest thing from my mind.
i approve

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I think so! I'm not sure though. Just click around - we'll probably have one for Ult, and there's always Discord.

Plus once Ult comes out, we'll be brewing with a lot of talk and resources for MU's (match-ups), stages, and tons more!

i approve
UGH! I can’t wait for this game to come out.

But first I’m going to relish this summer by trying to make the most money to actually buy a Switch and enough to buy Smash, and the online service (hopefully it’s good).

Hopefully my most wanted get in, and there’s an online ranking system to improve myself and go against good opponents.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Please, I'm a casual who mains Little Mac cause he's hot. Tiers are the farthest thing from my mind.
I'd 100% main Tifa for the same reason. >_>;

I mean, I like her for other reasons, but I'd be lying if I said her looks weren't a contributing factor in why I started liking her in the first place.
Of course, that makes a lot of sense. Although I kinda doubt the assist change. With Waluigi he's seen as the face of assist trophies if we take a look back at the Smash Direct, he was seen as a plushie used for the transition and in Ultimate was the assist to show off the new KO mechanic. With Lyn, we've never seen Sakurai add an FE character from a non-recent game. All the FE Characters besides Marth have been added to promote their game along with their inclusion so unless we see Lyn in Three Houses, I'm doubtful. Just my opinion though.
In a poll for Fire Emblem Heroes, Lyn was, like, the second most popular Fire Emblem character after Ike. Of course, this poll was held after the Smash Ultimate Design Document was completed; but Sakurai would be fully justified in upgrading her to playable status in DLC.

As for already being an Assist, you can just change their appearance chance from (1/~50) to (0/~50) so that they'll never appear.

New Fire Emblem characters only ever being new ones (except Marth for obvious reasons) is neither here nor there.

Last edited:

blazefan519

Smash Ace
I'd 100% main Tifa for the same reason. >_>;

I mean, I like her for other reasons, but I'd be lying if I said her looks weren't a contributing factor in why I started liking her in the first place.

In a poll for Fire Emblem Heroes, Lyn was, like, the second most popular Fire Emblem character after Ike. Of course, this poll was held after the Smash Ultimate Design Document was completed; but Sakurai would be fully justified in upgrading her to playable status in DLC.

As for already being an Assist, you can just change their appearance chance from (1/~50) to (0/~50) so that they'll never appear.

New Fire Emblem characters only ever being new ones (except Marth for obvious reasons) is neither here nor there.
I am aware of her popularity, I was one of the people who voted for her kek. But I still feel like it wouldn't make sense to add a character from a game that was on the GBA with a series of a cast of characters that changes in every game. It makes more sense to promote the newer games with the newer cast just like they did with Roy in Melee, Ike in Brawl, Robin/Lucina and Corrin in 4. If anyone from an older game is getting in, it's Chrom imo. He was cut from Sm4sh due to being too similar to Ike, but now that echo fighters are a thing, that reason no longer exists. He's a very popular character and is from the game that saved the franchise, which is probably why it already has two reps instead of the one unlike the rest of the cast.

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Historically smashboards had been the home of the competitive community so this is where people went to talk shop and trade ideas about how to play the game well as well as do essential organizational discussion for locals and smashfests. The latter aspect has almost entirely disappeared from this site, now residing in obscure facebook groups and discord servers, a fact for which the entire community is poorer. However, the former still exists, and while you see relatively fewer competitive players than before, there's still really nowhere better on the internet for competitive talk so this is still a place to find it. That is a literally endless well of discussion; in addition to circular arguments about tiers and stage rules, we also have endless tech sharing and match-up metagaming to do.

I will also say that no one needs to self-identify as a casual or try to push away a tier list or anything here. It's okay and honestly expected if you've never been a tournament player that you might have various weaknesses in your game which will almost assuredly involve being sub-optimal in tons of ways. Heck, even those of us who have a decade+ of tournament experience are sub-optimal in a ton of ways. The competitive thing isn't really about how good you are now or even whether you're ever a national level player or anything. It's about the road you walk; being competitive is about continuous self-improvement and an earnest attempt to claim the win in every match you play. Believe me it's worth it; merely making the decision to try to get better and giving it an honest, open-minded attempt puts you so far ahead of so many others, and it's so much more fun to go into a match and play with purpose instead of just spinning your wheels. When you grow to be the strongest player in your circle of friends, not only do those matches get a lot more fun for you, but more likely than not your friends will adapt at least somewhat to what you're doing and the whole group will level up which will make all of the matches just a lot better as all of the plays are sharper, faster, and more creative. When playing online, well, I can't think of any upside to receiving a sound beating from a random stranger instead of delivering one... This community at its best, when people want to use it that way, is supposed to provide people the knowledge they need to see the road forward toward being better players. Take advantage of the opportunity; you won't regret it.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I am aware of her popularity, I was one of the people who voted for her kek. But I still feel like it wouldn't make sense to add a character from a game that was on the GBA with a series of a cast of characters that changes in every game. It makes more sense to promote the newer games with the newer cast just like they did with Roy in Melee, Ike in Brawl, Robin/Lucina and Corrin in 4. If anyone from an older game is getting in, it's Chrom imo. He was cut from Sm4sh due to being too similar to Ike, but now that echo fighters are a thing, that reason no longer exists. He's a very popular character and is from the game that saved the franchise, which is probably why it already has two reps instead of the one unlike the rest of the cast.
From a purely business and objective viewpoint, bringing in Lyn wouldn't make much sense compared to someone from a more recent title to promote the series's game like Celica/Alm or someone about to be in the next title like Edelgard/Byleth from Three Houses who would grow a fanbase early and purely off of being in Smash (Cough, Roy's our Boy memes Cough)

...From a purely personal viewpoint: BRING IN LYN, YOU COWARDS.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Historically smashboards had been the home of the competitive community so this is where people went to talk shop and trade ideas about how to play the game well as well as do essential organizational discussion for locals and smashfests. The latter aspect has almost entirely disappeared from this site, now residing in obscure facebook groups and discord servers, a fact for which the entire community is poorer. However, the former still exists, and while you see relatively fewer competitive players than before, there's still really nowhere better on the internet for competitive talk so this is still a place to find it. That is a literally endless well of discussion; in addition to circular arguments about tiers and stage rules, we also have endless tech sharing and match-up metagaming to do.

I will also say that no one needs to self-identify as a casual or try to push away a tier list or anything here. It's okay and honestly expected if you've never been a tournament player that you might have various weaknesses in your game which will almost assuredly involve being sub-optimal in tons of ways. Heck, even those of us who have a decade+ of tournament experience are sub-optimal in a ton of ways. The competitive thing isn't really about how good you are now or even whether you're ever a national level player or anything. It's about the road you walk; being competitive is about continuous self-improvement and an earnest attempt to claim the win in every match you play. Believe me it's worth it; merely making the decision to try to get better and giving it an honest, open-minded attempt puts you so far ahead of so many others, and it's so much more fun to go into a match and play with purpose instead of just spinning your wheels. When you grow to be the strongest player in your circle of friends, not only do those matches get a lot more fun for you, but more likely than not your friends will adapt at least somewhat to what you're doing and the whole group will level up which will make all of the matches just a lot better as all of the plays are sharper, faster, and more creative. When playing online, well, I can't think of any upside to receiving a sound beating from a random stranger instead of delivering one... This community at its best, when people want to use it that way, is supposed to provide people the knowledge they need to see the road forward toward being better players. Take advantage of the opportunity; you won't regret it.
This is such an awesome post and I wish I could like a post twice

blazefan519

Smash Ace
From a purely business and objective viewpoint, bringing in Lyn wouldn't make much sense compared to someone from a more recent title to promote the series's game like Celica/Alm or someone about to be in the next title like Edelgard/Byleth from Three Houses who would grow a fanbase early and purely off of being in Smash (Cough, Roy's our Boy memes Cough)

...From a purely personal viewpoint: BRING IN LYN, YOU COWARDS.
You don't know how much I'd give for Alm/Celica to be here. As someone who's only played the 3ds titles (filthy casual I know) they were my fav protags, especially my boi Alm. Lyn would be cool but, I want my Axe Lord Hector pl0x

KMDP

Smash Legend
I am aware of her popularity, I was one of the people who voted for her kek. But I still feel like it wouldn't make sense to add a character from a game that was on the GBA with a series of a cast of characters that changes in every game. It makes more sense to promote the newer games with the newer cast just like they did with Roy in Melee, Ike in Brawl, Robin/Lucina and Corrin in 4. If anyone from an older game is getting in, it's Chrom imo. He was cut from Sm4sh due to being too similar to Ike, but now that echo fighters are a thing, that reason no longer exists. He's a very popular character and is from the games that saved the franchise, which is probably why it already has two reps instead of the one like the rest of the games.
Hmm... *looks up the Choose your Legends Poll Results*
Initial Votes
Ike - 33,871 + 17,684 Votes (51,555 Votes)​
Lyn - 49,917 Votes​
Chrom - 23,803 Votes​
Lucina - 42,875 Votes​
Roy - 28,982 Votes​
Hector - 26,557 Votes​
Camilla - 25,766 Votes​
Top 8 only Votes
Chrom - 3,045,413,915 Votes​
Lyn - 12,300,516,921 Votes​
Ike - 41,838,971,294 Votes​
Camilla - 39,411,615,233 Votes​
Lucina - 4,596,206,369 Votes​
Roy - 4,540,798,642 Votes​
Hector - 10,500,502,044 Votes​
When allowed to pick anyone, Lyn has more than twice as many votes as Chrom.
When the choices are limited, Lyn has four times as many votes as Chrom.

As for Camilla coming in second in the top 8 (beating Lyn in the semi-finals), a Dragon Rider would be too difficult to implement in Smash; so she's out of the running by definition.

Recency goes out the window when Fan Service is the name of the game. Assuming there's a reasonable amount of crossover between FE and Smash (and there is, 'cause of Melee) Sakurai can count on about 10 Million people buying Lyn as DLC, versus 3 million who would buy Chrom, were he DLC and not in the base game.
EDIT: That's not even counting the people who don't play FE: Heroes, like me.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion

I wholeheartedly agree with this.

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
Dark Pit is two tiers higher than Pit only because he has black hair?
Dedede is not SSS Tier?
What is this?!
To answer your first concern: yes. Deal with it. To answer your second: u r rite and the issue will be fixed in the next patch (including Ridley [transcendent] and Daisy [above the furries but not by much])

Sure as hell hope this well written, eloquent passage wasn't inspired about my post thirsting for little mac,,, idk im gay im not good at video game

I noticed you left out a considerable amount of characters out.

And it's not like it's because they're non-human. You have "furry trash bait" tier after all
Yoshi is top tier pleASE SPARE ME

edit: also tried to leave out canonical children and animals that were less,, anthropomorphic

Last edited:

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Hmm... *looks up the Choose your Legends Poll Results*
Initial Votes
Ike - 33,871 + 17,684 Votes (51,555 Votes)​
Lyn - 49,917 Votes​
Chrom - 23,803 Votes​
Top 8 only Votes
Chrom - 3,045,413,915 Votes​
Lyn - 12,300,516,921 Votes​
Ike - 41,838,971,294 Votes​
Camilla - 39,411,615,233 Votes​
When allowed to pick anyone, Lyn has more than twice as many votes as Chrom.
When the choices are limited, Lyn has four times as many votes as Chrom.

As for Camilla coming in second in the top 8 (beating Lyn in the semi-finals), a Dragon Rider would be too difficult to implement in Smash; so she's out of the running by definition.

Recency goes out the window when Fan Service is the name of the game. Assuming there's a reasonable amount of crossover between FE and Smash (and there is, 'cause of Melee) Sakurai can count on about 10 Million people buying Lyn as DLC, versus 3 million who would buy Chrom, were he DLC and not in the base game.
The thing is Chrom just like you mentioned with Roy, would be ten times easier to implement since he'd be an echo of Ike. Daisy is not the most popular Mario character ever however she was included because she is incredibly similar to Peach and to please the fans that *do* want her in. With Lyn, an echo of a character who has one already is a little ridiculous, no? She'd have to be unique and even then, that would be mean that every FE character in Smash would use a sword in some capacity, making the series not seem as unique as it could be imo. That wouldn't apply to Chrom who would be an echo or even Alm and Celica to an extent as one uses Bows and the other Magic respectively. She is popular, but both by marketing reasons and uniqueness, her inclusion would not make the most sense.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ah dammit, a bunch of images in people's sigs broke. Including mine. What to do, what to do...

KMDP

Smash Legend
The thing is Chrom just like you mentioned with Roy, would be ten times easier to implement since he'd be an echo of Ike. Daisy is not the most popular Mario character ever however she was included because she is incredibly similar to Peach and to please the fans that *do* want her in. With Lyn, an echo of a character who has one already is a little ridiculous, no? She'd have to be unique and even then, that would be mean that every FE character in Smash would use a sword in some capacity, making the series not seem as unique as it could be imo. That wouldn't apply to Chrom who would be an echo or even Alm and Celica to an extent as one uses Bows and the other Magic respectively. She is popular, but both by marketing reasons and uniqueness, her inclusion would not make the most sense.
Chrom would be an echo of Ike, yes.

And, of course Lyn would be unique. That goes without saying; who would pay money for a (non-veteran) clone character? (except Super Fans)

About Alm using a Bow. He only uses it in his Final Class (Hero), same as... Lyn (Blade Lord).

Lyn uses a Katana, which is different from the Rapiers of Marth, Roy and Lucina (and Celica); the Greatsword of Ike and the Long Sword of Robin and Corrin (and Alm). (Granted, Robin and Corrin's swords are... different.)

Last edited:

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Chrom would be an echo of Ike, yes.

And, of course Lyn would be unique. That goes without saying; who would pay money for a (non-veteran) clone character?

About Alm using a Bow. He only uses it in his Final Class (Hero), same as... Lyn (Blade Lord).

Lyn uses a Katana, which is different from the Rapiers of Marth, Roy and Lucina (and Celica); the Greatsword of Ike and the Long Sword of Robin and Corrin (and Alm).
The same people who paid for the DLC for FE Warriors in which Lyn was also a clone of Marth in lol. She does use a Katana but Lucina uses her Falchion just the same as Marth's despite hers not being designed like a rapier like his is. The case with making her unique applies the same with Lucina who just so happens to be the second most popular female right after Lyn.

KMDP

Smash Legend
The same people who paid for the DLC for FE Warriors in which Lyn was also a clone of Marth in lol. She does use a Katana but Lucina uses her Falchion just the same as Marth's despite hers not being designed like a rapier like his is. The case with making her unique applies the same with Lucina who just so happens to be the second most popular female right after Lyn.
Those points are irrelevant, but I'll answer them anyway.

Fire Emblem Warriors is not Smash. And anyway, wasn't Lyn unique (but technically a clone of Nabarl Navarre who was released later) in FEW? Celica was the Marth clone in FEW.
Lucina in Smash is an in-joke, she pretended to be Marth in Awakening, therefore she is a clone of Marth in Smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't see Ridley being top or high tier
I do.
Maybe not the best, but potentially top tier.

His big size leaves him more vulnerable to combos, but I heard he is very hard to play against.

His damage output is insane and he can live for a long time and give you the work.

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I do.
Maybe not the best, but potentially top tier.

His big size leaves him to combos, but I heard he is very hard to play against.

His damage output is insane and he can live for a long time and give you the work.
Seems like a High-Risk, High-Reward character to me.

Can deal lots of damage, but also takes lots of damage in turn; fortunately for Ridley, he can take a lot of punishment. (Hey, it's in character! :laugh:)

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Those points are irrelevant, but I'll answer them anyway.

Fire Emblem Warriors is not Smash. And anyway, wasn't Lyn unique (but technically a clone of Nabarl Navarre who was released later)? Celica was the Marth clone in FEW.
Lucina in Smash is an in-joke, she pretended to be Marth in Awakening, therefore she is a clone of Marth in Smash.
Oof looks like I goofed with that info, still it made even less sense for Celica to be the Marth clone because she uses magic as well and while FE Warriors isn't Smash, I'm 100% sure people would buy her anyways. She's popular just like you said.
She pretended to be Marth yet she doesn't even fight like him in the game. The only similarity is the weapon name and even then, it doesn't even look like his weapon, hence why she fights differently. She was added in because A. She's popular and was from the latest game at the time and B. She's a clone and easy to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom